Janet to appear on the Tonight Show - March 18

I skimmed the thread, but why so much hate for Janet? She loves Michael...

I skimmed the thread, but why so much hate for Janet? She loves Michael...
I don't think anybody is hating on her,just have a different opinion as an artist and as a woman.I don't see any gratuitous comments to be fair.

I personally am disappointed with the abc interview,because she was always described as someone who loved her brother and I'm not here to tell otherwise,and was close to him and very protective etc...but that abc interview was very disappointing.
The way she described her brother,all this so called interventions...i mean..she's always so reserved,she knows first hand how unforgiving press can be,and how delicate the situation is.Fueling his brother drug addiction was not a wise move.

Anyway I feel sorry for her as an artist,the super ball scandal was so blown out of proportion,I felt really bad for her,she deserved better respect,but Hollywood has very short memory when it comes to talent,quite the opposite when it comes to bull****

Yeah exactly.Somtimes its best to say nothing! shaking my head!

I was being sarcastic...

Anyway, I don't think jealousy is the cause of all the Janet hate like trueiopian said it was. There are plenty of big stars who the people hating on Janet do like (IE Michael Jackson), and I don't think they're jealous in the sense of Janet being Michael's "competition" because more or less everyone knows that MJ is/was the biggest star of the Jackson family (not discrediting Janet's stardom, though).

I think it's just that a lot of them are obsessive and protective of MJ to an extreme level, and will turn against anyone who says anything that portrays Michael as anything less than perfect.

Basically, they're a bunch of stupid fangirls :).

Last edited:
her 44 years (she will be 44 in less than 2 months) are surely beginning to show. She looks so old to me in this interview.

Dannnng....time flies. It seems like yesterday when we were watching her brothers wishing her a happy Bday on the jackson's reality show.
Has it seriously been a year since that was aired? Too fast for me :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets remember that Janet career is at the same place they said MJ's career was at before he past away. Lets not count her out yet.

The MEDIA may have said that, but Michael's fans proved them wrong, once again! And the proof is that he could sell out 50 dates in one city with no new music.

Of course it can still be good for Janet, just not like it was back in the day. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Like you say: it is what it is!

You guys this thread has had to be cleaned. Please remember to stay on topic. This thread is not to discuss MJ's supposed drug use or interventions by the family, or to dicuss autopsy reports, etc.

This thread is to discuss Janet's appearance on the tonight show. Thanks!

All mentions of Michael's drug abuse/intervention etc have been removed, and all disrespectful posts about Janet. Please don't come into a Janet thread just to belittle her or criticise her appearance, it's just not cool. Keep on topic from here on, thanks.

some ppl are so self-fish. Janet wasn't there to talk about Michael Jackson & how great he is. She didn't want to get too emotional & didnt want to mention just how she got in the role of that part Jay was asking about.

i thought it was verry respectable the way he didnt bring up michael.
he's a late night tv host not Dr. Phil..his show is not meant for emotional topics

she reminds me of oprah winfrey when it comes to acting..at least in the scene they showed. everything from the difference in the way she looks on a talk show as opposed to in a movie, to her acting style.

I'm not really a fan of Janet's music. But I think is she beautiful and a wonderful person. I like her a lot, and don't know how any fan could question her love and loyalty to Michael, she loved Michael a lot and that is easy to tell how she talks about him. And even when she doesn't talk you can tell she really loves Michael.

Not surprised to see the usual suspects hating on Janet. :rolleyes2:

In this Interview Janet looked very much like Michael. She's a really sweet person... very much like Michael!

I can't handle to watch her talk about Michael because I tear up plus I been stop watching Jay L and oprah so I will wait until she's on the view or BET

The MEDIA may have said that, but Michael's fans proved them wrong, once again! And the proof is that he could sell out 50 dates in one city with no new music.

Of course it can still be good for Janet, just not like it was back in the day. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Like you say: it is what it is!

Michael's fans didnt do anything. Half the people going to This is It weren't fans. I met so many people who hated Michael yet had tickets.

Janet was fantastic on the Tonight show, Ever the classy woman. I'm glad it focused on her career and WDIGMT and not Michael.

Michael's fans didnt do anything. Half the people going to This is It weren't fans. I met so many people who hated Michael yet had tickets.

Janet was fantastic on the Tonight show, Ever the classy woman. I'm glad it focused on her career and WDIGMT and not Michael.
Unless you spoke to ALL of the folks who purchased tickets to This Is It, from all over the world, how can you possibly say who is a fan and who is not a fan. LOL!

And for the folks who had tickets to see This Is It, but hated Michael, all I can say is "bless their little hearts," especially since we all knew how hard it was to obtain tickets to that joint. No easy feat, especially for a supposed hater.

I mean, even if you went to the box office, you had to stand on line - OVERNIGHT and that still was no guarantee. Hated Michael, my foot. LOL!

Speak for urself and not for 800 000 ppl who bought the tickets. U know ish. Hopefully Janets few fans won't let her down yet again, lets hope poor Janet gets some success all she's been doing these past years hasn't done anything for anyone.

Unless you spoke to ALL of the folks who purchased tickets to This Is It, from all over the world, how can you possibly say who is a fan and who is not a fan. LOL!

And for the folks who had tickets to see This Is It, but hated Michael, all I can say is "bless their little hearts," especially since we all knew how hard it was to obtain tickets to that joint. No easy feat, especially for a supposed hater.

I mean, even if you went to the box office, you had to stand on line - OVERNIGHT and that still was no guarantee. Hated Michael, my foot. LOL!

:D Tell it! hate Michael my ass, you don't hate Michael Jackson and go through all that just to get tickets. Those were 'fans' representing for MJ, plain and simple!

I'm glad it focused on her career and WDIGMT and not Michael.

For other reasons and more importantly I am happy as well that Michael's name was not brought into that gab fest. Leno need not speak MJ's name ever again, enough of the hypocrits.

Back