Jermaine to perform "smile" at the mobo awards

hehe. Jermaine is a good person. But a silly one. He loves his brother maybe too much? Jermaine, youve done smile about 431690194 times now. Its enough :)

I think that it's great the MOBOS want to hold a MJ tribute during their awards ceremony but I agree that the method isn't particularly good.
Jermaine singing 'Smile' at the memorial was a beautiful thing, but I really don't think it should be repeated again (He already did it in Vienna too!). Have Jermaine as a guest to say a few words about Mike, but he doesn't need to sing. As good as Smile is, it's not the kind of song that people would really want to hear at the ceremony. It would be better to get some artists to do something for Mike. For example, British artist 'Sway' wrote a great song in 1 day called 'The King. Full stop'. It wasn't perfect, but he could have finished that off and performed that.

Might still pop along to this, its only over the Clyde Arc bridge from me :)

SECC is the worst venue in Scotland by the way, its like an aircraft hangar, the sound bounces off every pipe and fitting in the place before entering your ears!

There has to be a tribute at the MOBO awards or it wouldn't be right. 'Smile' was perfect at the memorial and Jermaine was very couragous to do it. It is a bit of a strange choice for the MOBOs though.. but the producers would know how to make it fit right I guess.

He is perfoming more than when he was with the Jackson 5

It's not that I doubt Jermaine's love for Michael because I do believe he loved him. But, nowhere in there did he say anything about Michael, just how his family has been in the music business, etc. I don't think he should sing a song there that he sang at his brother's memorial. :scratch:But okay. All I can do when I hear it is compare it to Michael's version anyway, which is like comparing dog food to filet mignon, IMO. Sorry, but it's true.

i think jermaine singing smile should be like elton singing for diana. elton never sung that song live again, i think jermaine should do the same.

Nice. More tributes and people are complaining...

How is it a tribute? Just because Michael sang that song? Jermaine sang it at the memorial service for his brother who had passed away. Singing the same song at an awards ceremony just seems... oh, I don't know. Not like a tribute. Besides, did Jermaine say it was a tribute? I didn't see that or maybe they didn't post all of what he said.

Oh, and just to clarify, I'm not "hating" on Jermaine by any means. Just don't agree with some things he does. And he shouldn't be singing Michael's songs, and that is MY OPINION.

I dont doubt his love for Michael BUT the memorial tribute was beautiful and heartfelt and does not need to be over-done.
Its like Michael singing, "Elizabeth I love you." That was a ONE time thing and he never sang it again am I right? And someone mentioned the sammy davis, again an example.
And elton john is a good example for diana!

a memorial service yes but the mobo AWARDS? The title just sounds wrong. Janet doing scream at the vma's was announced as a TRIBUTE to Michael.

Jermaine's is announced as a PEROFORMANCE OF SMILE

:/

nope....sorry.....uh uh

IMO "Smile" should have been left at the memorial.

Doing it over and over again ruins the moment, I think.

I really dont mind Jermaine doing all these tribute things, being in the presence of MTV VMA's and supporting Janets tribute, and being involved in interviews regarding Michael...

Its just that.. Like someone else said, Jermaine performing SMILE was a one-hit-wonder. It was the right place, the right time, with the right emotion. Him doing the same song.. AGAIN.. which meant so much to soo many people at the memorial, will only lose its value if he does it one more time.

Every MJ tribute there is is great!

Jermaine sure tries to relaunch his carrier, and maybe he does uses MJ's passing. But I think MJ would be happy that his music lives, no matter who sings it, BUT I think he would smile even more if he knew it was his beloved brother who sang!

Jermaine has annoyed me very much and still does at times, but he is MJ's brother and I think Jermaine was the brother MJ cared about the most. They had something special! So I don't think MJ would ever want us to be mean at Jermain.

Ugh, not again. I wouldn't mind if he sang something else, but again with "Smile"? I found it interesting though how Jermaine's version of that song was the ONLY song from the memorial available for sale on itunes. He's obviously trying to jump start his career again. Sure, Jermaine is talented and can definitely sing. I know he has fans who will enjoy this, but I really have no interest in seeing him perform this again. Some fans on here get mad when you criticize Jermaine and although I do think he's very talented, I just don't care for him as a person and a lot of it is because of things like this.

Jermaine is gonna end up doing so much shit for "Michael" that the general public are gonna start hating Michael again, saying they are taking it too far and they should just get over it. Even I'm getting sick of it and I adore Michael like crazy.

Just wait and see.

Might still pop along to this, its only over the Clyde Arc bridge from me :)

SECC is the worst venue in Scotland by the way, its like an aircraft hangar, the sound bounces off every pipe and fitting in the place before entering your ears!

I'm not getting a ticket but i'm gonna go so i can try and get my "Diana Ross Presents" CD signed by Jermaine, that'll be my only Goal that night :p

Errr.... the first time he sang it was nice and a great tribute to Michael and it was the perfect time to sing it. But if he does it again, it's going to ruin it.

I think this will be one of the weakest MJ tributes this year, considering how shabby the award show have been so far. Is there any confirmation of Toy or Jermaine being in the country?

They are both at the same table at the show

Peter Andre backstage talking to Latoya who said she would be introducing 'something really special that is definitely not to be missed'

Oh gosh.... I hope it's a decent tribute...

And pardon my ignorance but what is the MOBO awards for? Is it a music award show?

I dont think the shows was supposed to be a tribute, I think there will just be a tribute performance

Back