Jermaine to perform "smile" at the mobo awards

I can imagine Michael watching Diversity with a big smile on his face thinking " Wow, I did that, I made people dance" He'd been so proud if he saw them dancing like that. :cry:

Wow, a lot of you are making out like Jermaine was crap, I just watched it and he was fine, not the best performance ever but it was good still. Was hoping to see some new stuff from Diversity coz they used Dangerous in their old set, but oh well, was still good.

Just watching it on BBC iplayer I thought Shaheen was brilliant! Diversity's tribute was great too! I think I love la toya! Jermaine's was nice. The people waving their hands in the air was a bit strange. Overall great tribute.
Just wish they'd have given him the life time achievement award whilst he was still here!:doh:

Apparently they wanted to give him the Lifetime Achievment award years ago but the rules state you need to attend to receive it and the organisers had a lot of trouble trying to get hold of him.

JERMAINE JACKSON HAS FALLEN IN LOVE WITH MICHAEL JACKSON’S MOBO AWARD

Filed Under: Award > Jermaine Jackson > Michael Jackson

Photo Credit: Pacific Coast News

It looks like Jermaine Jackson HAS started to believe that HE is the next Michael Jackson! He picked up an award for his late brother at the MOBO awards in Glasgow and he’s pictured here KISSING the trophy. We’ve seen winners kiss their trophies before – but never someone ELSE’S award! It’s not like Jermaine EARNED the recognition. We wonder what he’ll do with it.

Posted by Janet on October 1, 2009 4:55 pm

Why is Jermaine kissing MICHAEL's trophy? I've never seen somebody receive an award on behalf of somebody else and then kiss it as if they earned it.

It looks like Jermaine Jackson HAS started to believe that HE is the next Michael Jackson! He picked up an award for his late brother at the MOBO awards in Glasgow and he’s pictured here KISSING the trophy. We’ve seen winners kiss their trophies before – but never someone ELSE’S award! It’s not like Jermaine EARNED the recognition. We wonder what he’ll do with it.

Keep basking on your brother's fame and efforts. I hope Michael pops out and haunts you at night.

BOO!

^

LOLS! Jermaine's face made me laugh! He looks so excited and happy... =p

It's okay Michael, it's just another piece of plastic anyway... ^_^

WTF is he doing?? idiot!

I want mike back, I dont wanna see other people cash in on him. I bet their gonna be many tributes to come, Why now and why not when he was alive. Sick world. Did he became the "normal" super pop star again like in the 80's when he died?.

Why is Jermaine kissing MICHAEL's trophy? I've never seen somebody receive an award on behalf of somebody else and then kiss it as if they earned it.

because the press there would have been screaming and shouting at him for pictures and they prob suggested he kiss it. I'm not a Jermaine fan but come on you guys, this is getting ridiculous now!

WHY has all my posts in this thread been DELETED without notice or warning? I havent said anything offending, whats up with this dictatorship!!! There are far more negative posts in this thread than what I have posted. Were my posts deleted just because I said Im suspecting the member SPRITE is a Jackson family member? Whats with the cencorship, just inform me in a PM next time you decide to delete my posts without notice, Im not liking this mod attitude here! I mean... whooops.. did I accidentaly reveal that I think a member on this board is a JACKSON? Jeesus... When you delete my posts thats when I REALLY think this board is hiding something...

WHY has all my posts in this thread been DELETED without notice or warning? I havent said anything offending, whats up with this dictatorship!!! There are far more negative posts in this thread than what I have posted. Were my posts deleted just because I said Im suspecting the member SPRITE is a Jackson family member? Whats with the cencorship, just inform me in a PM next time you decide to delete my posts without notice, Im not liking this mod attitude here! I mean... whooops.. did I accidentaly reveal that I think a member on this board is a JACKSON? Jeesus... When you delete my posts thats when I REALLY think this board is hiding something...

no no hunny, you got it all wrong :huggy: ALL posts made after 2 october have been lost...because the board went down last night alot of data was lost. If you look you will see mine and many others posts in this thread have been lost.

The mods had alot of stress last night and it's really thanks to them that we didn't lose the whole board ;)

Check out the 'data lost' thread that is stickied at the top of this section ;)

Actually makes me feel sick to the stomache that most award shows didnt acknowledge Michael for years.. He just got a lifetime achievement award and wasn't here to see it. Yeah way to go. :(

I know. Exactly my thoughts. :no:

i met the orgniser of the mobos last year and talked about getting mj to attend. it was an aim of hers but she was pretty clueless interms of trying to get hold of his ppl. she asked who his manager was i was like your guess is as good as mine!. they are only gonna give lifetime awards out if the person attends. i guess this year would have been their best chance presuming everything had gone to plan *sigh*

Oh okay, just saw this. Well, it's good that they at least wanted to do something when he was alive. :( So sad he couldn't be here.

As for Jermaine shouting "See you in June", that is too reminescent of Michael's saying "See you in July" and also he died in June.
I'm not trying to pick on anyone in Michael's family, but when Michael is your brother, and you haven't really had much success in 20 years, I think it's time to try to find something else or a different avenue. I don't know.

I have to add that the majority of us are just stating that Jermaine isn't very good or shouldn't sing Michael's songs (we are MICHAEL'S fans after all), he shouldn't have chosen THAT song to sing, he's doing too much, etc. I haven't seen most people on here actually saying "I hate Jermaine," or that they wish he would get hit by a bus or something. Why do people act like we are horrible for having opinions??? Oh, and just because someone is family, it still does not mean they can't use you or mistreat you or be envious of you. ;)

Last edited:
Gosh, you just went on a whole over-the-top rant about dictatorship, censorship and 'mod attitude' when the case was totally different. Chill down...
Miss star explained it all.

Back