Just in: MJ Tribute in Vienna postponed to mid-2010 in London

Well finally Jermaine did the right thing.

And a suggestion to Jermaine - please donate the money to international charities that Michael supported, like UNICEF or Make a Wish foundation.

In order to have a top display a produced tribute a large organisation such as AEG etc would need to organise a tribute for us to expect the best possible tribute and to make sure it goes ahead with minor hiccups!

Too be honest I was more worried that Jermaines Tribute would be taken as some kind of lead tribute show and for it too turn out a complete joke, which is not something I should think when a member a Michaels family was helping to organise it, but its what I have come to expect with Jermaines track record but here is too hoping jermaine tribute show will become much bigger and much more thought and production goes into it

THANK YOU!!!

Yesterday evening since I heard Jermaine on german TV Leute heute again I had a serious talk with Michael begging him to do something cuz it was so obvious this could only turn into a desaster for his kids and his moms and his very own sake I've really prayed: Michael you need to do something about this... urgently. Someone has to bring your brother to some mind!!! PLEASE!!!

I have a feeling Michael listened and did respond.

That means bad press for Mike while the beatles have a very good press they are seling huge numbers and with the help of the good press they might outsell MJ 2009.
Not good at all!!

Are we forgetting 1 million tickets sold in a few hours.. fastest selling tickets in history? Michael has nothing to prove, his ticket sales spoke for itself and there's no bad press for Michael here.

Bad press for Jermaine, now that's another story...

LMAO.Another day in the life of being an MJ fan.Wembley will be much better though.If it's not rescheduled to another arena that is.

I wonder if the event managers at Wembley Stadium know about this........??!!

Good point, lol.

WTF so unreliable as always. Better to let somone else more professional to organize it!

I am sorry for the fans who were planning to go to the tribute.
I was thinking about it for a while but decided not to, and you know why. I know some Japanese fans are going all the way from Japan, just for the concert! Ironically, many of Habsburgs collections inc. painting of Sisi will be in Tokyo at that time...

Thank God, its in London! I will be able to go now. Thanks Jermaine!!!

I live in the UK so I'm glad too.

Also

I know this won't happen but wouldn't it be nice for the fans who decided to keep their tickets for the o2 shows got first chance to purchase the tribute tickets?

Well it sucks for the people that did buy tickets who do not live in Vienna. Now they will lose airfare, some hotels, etc. I will not support this London one now.

Recently Randy Philips (AEG) was saying that he STILL had plans to do a tribute next year. They can't both do tributes, surely. I think the estate need to take control of this and organise an official tribute to ensure a professional concert.

OMG I just lost another 2300 Euros are they joking???? I lost all my money for the O2 concerts but fine MJ was priceless and I went to London … but this time I can’t cancel anything I have to go to Vienna now for nothing I hate this…

London is a much better fit for this tribute. Stars are in London more often than Vienna! Plus if they start booking in now, there will be no schedule conflicts. I hope this turns out more successful and they can actually get some huge superstars to perform!

Well it sucks for the people that did buy tickets who do not live in Vienna. Now they will lose airfare, some hotels, etc. I will not support this London one now.

Yeah, it's really bad. Especially if they also bought tickets, hotels, airfare etc for the London shows too!!! If it was me I would be livid!

OMG I just lost another 2300 Euros are they joking???? I lost all my money for the O2 concerts but fine MJ was priceless and I went to London … but this time I can’t cancel anything I have to go to Vienna now for nothing I hate this…

Oh no, that's horrible. I feel bad for you. Is there no way you can get your money back?

why are you in favour of the vienna tribute so much? noone was even going to be there.

Well thank goodness :) I can make it to London too next year :)

I live in the UK so I'm glad too.

Also

I know this won't happen but wouldn't it be nice for the fans who decided to keep their tickets for the o2 shows got first chance to purchase the tribute tickets?

Obviously I'm glad in one way, but obviously not for the people who are gonna lose money from this cancellation.

LOL! I do the same thing too!

I have my ancestor altar with pictures of my grandmothers, grand aunt etc. and a white candle. Michael is right there next to them. And I talk to him like if her were right next to me.

I mostly pray for God's Divine Justice regarding his murder case, for MJs kids, and for Michael's soul to be at peace.

And I feel that despite it all, he is at peace and surrounded with God's light and love.

And yes. Michael's spirit is definitely listening!

THANK YOU!!!

Yesterday evening since I heard Jermaine on german TV Leute heute again I had a serious talk with Michael begging him to do something cuz it was so obvious this could only turn into a desaster for his kids and his moms and his very own sake I've really prayed: Michael you need to do something about this... urgently. Someone has to bring your brother to some mind!!! PLEASE!!!

I have a feeling Michael listened and did respond.

Aw hun I feel so bad for you :(

why are you in favour of the vienna tribute so much? noone was even going to be there.

I was looking forward to a way of celebrating Michael period. It didn't have to have the biggest stars of the world for me to enjoy it. I guess it was just something I needed to beable to do, enjoy a tribute and celebrate the Michael. And now there is nothing. I will not look forward to the London tribute. I think it would have been beautiful in the original setting. But I am sure all the London fans are happy.

For those that bought airfare etc I am sorry, this truly sucks for you.

May be a smarter choice but its still bad for all the fans who were planning on going or already had tickets/planes booked for Vienna. I feel bad for them. Jermaine shouldn't have rushed into this so soon after his brothers death.. maybe he coped better having something to focus his mind on, i don't know. At least they have longer to plan it and get better acts and a more quality production, but this is still terrible for the people who were going to Vienna.

I think it's terrible that they've done this. It should have been so carefully planned and more thought should have been put in to the date and time. I can't say i'm not tempted to get tickets now that it's in my home country, but i'll put some serious thought into it first!

I know I am not going to be popular with this but I am actually happy about this not going ahead...it was clear from the start that it cant be organized at such a short amount of time to the quality MJ and Jermaine would have wanted it to be so I dont get why wasnt it "postponed" before...
I think the setting would have been amazing for a tribute filled with classical music...

For those worrying about the show being moved to London...London is a 3hr flight from Vienna...it is managable..for me both cities would be 24hrs...
so dont despair you will have a much better show in 2010 I am sure of that!

Back