Just in: MJ Tribute in Vienna postponed to mid-2010 in London

Goods news, although I've been to the new Wembley twice and it doesn't have the magic of the old stadium. Here's hoping they put together something better than what Diana got a couple of years ago.

Goods news, although I've been to the new Wembley twice and it doesn't have the magic of the old stadium. Here's hoping they put together something better than what Diana got a couple of years ago.

Yeah I know what you mean, but maybe it doesn't have the same magic because it's a new stadium? Maybe in 10 years time it might feel different. We'll have to wait and see.

Have to disagree on the Diana concert comment - I was dubious to begin with when I got my tickets and the artists were announced, but it was fantastic, very emotional and the atmosphere was incredible that day - we were sat 11 rows from the front right in the middle. The artists were either chosen because they were Diana's favourites or they were the Princes's favourites. It definitely beat Live Earth which took place the following week (well, except for Madonna's performance of course!).

This tribute concert could be the same - choose artists who MJ loved and have artists from "today". And Jermaine shouldn't organise it - someone else who has the experience and knowledge of organising a huge event like this.

It could turn out to be an incredible day if the right artists are chosen.

It's entirely possible that Jermaine reads here and other fan boards, or at least was aware of a negative sentiment among fans.? That the concert was too soon, and could be seen as capitalizing on the death of his brother. Never doubt your ability to make a difference . . . .

carry on,

Vic

Jermaine on London Concert -- Not So Fast

Posted Sep 11th 2009 9:09AM by TMZ Staff

Jermaine Jackson made it appear that he pushed back the date for the Michael Jackson tribute concert so big artists like Chris Brown, Mary J. Blige and Natalie Cole could clear their schedule and appear -- but here's something you probably didn't see.

On the official website for the concert, if you go to the jump page with all the legal mumbo jumbo ... it takes back everything Jermaine seems to have promised.

Here's a quote straight from the website:

"This website does not intend to convey the impression that the artists and personalities depicted here within have agreed to participate in the said event in any way, shape or form."

So if you buy tickets to Jermaine's tribute concert, a word of caution ... read the fine print.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0QoAP2h70

Oh Jermaine, Jermaine, Jermaine. I love you but you're such a douche.

2009 is not the year to have a tribute concert anyway. 2009 is the year of mourning. 2010 is the year we celebrate MJ the RIGHT way.

LMAOO...that is my EXACT sentiment towards Jermaine.

And you are right. 2010 will bring back some of the pain, but we will be reminded of how great Michael truly was.

Jermaine on London Concert -- Not So Fast

Posted Sep 11th 2009 9:09AM by TMZ Staff

Jermaine Jackson made it appear that he pushed back the date for the Michael Jackson tribute concert so big artists like Chris Brown, Mary J. Blige and Natalie Cole could clear their schedule and appear -- but here's something you probably didn't see.

On the official website for the concert, if you go to the jump page with all the legal mumbo jumbo ... it takes back everything Jermaine seems to have promised.

Here's a quote straight from the website:

"This website does not intend to convey the impression that the artists and personalities depicted here within have agreed to participate in the said event in any way, shape or form."

So if you buy tickets to Jermaine's tribute concert, a word of caution ... read the fine print.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0QoAP2h70

Interesting...so it was what Jermaine wanted, and none of it was confirmed in the first place then? So what about all the people who bought tickets - were they buying in to something that was never set in stone? :scratch:This is a joke!

breaking news, live from austrian radio: the tribute 2009 will be cancelled, there will be a new tribute mid-2010 in wembley, london.

40,000 tix had already been sold, will be refunded.

just in from the press-conference right now in vienna.

Wow, this is good news to hear. Thank you.

I always felt we as fans, and of course the family, had already gone through 2 emotional burials as is. We need to heal a bit first and then have this type of show. Especially a visual duet with Michael and Jermaine, right now, that would really open up our raw emotions all over again. It would be beautiful yes, but I think postponing this is the best thing that ever happened.

I'm glad about this, I wasn't able to save enough money to go that fast to Vienna (??) and I'm glad I maybe could go to London, anyway I love London, I feel home there, and it's the riight place to do a tribute concert tribute for Michael.

Wish I'll be able to go.

Thanks Jermaine for that.

Tickets refunded, at least byt he time they got the money for all those tickets, they were able to put in into bank and make some interests so they'll still have some money from that after the refund..

It will be better to hold it in London, Vienna is beautiful but not as accessible and very expensive. And right now many of us are still raw, I couldn't sit through it at the moment, so maybe a year on people will be less emotional.

But oh dear Jermaine, I love him dearly but organisation is not his strong point, well meaning but maybe he should get some help from someone to help organise this.

It's sad and unfortunate for those fans who had already made arrangement and I truly feel for them :( But this way I think more fans have access to London from all over the world.

oh I'm sorry for people who buy tickets for this,but I'm glad that is in london..

I pary to God that jermaine's ass get sued as soon as possible which is what's gonna happen so he goes as broke as he was before MJ's death . there will be no tribute concert in London associated with jermaine , everyone knows now that jermaine is not the guy to contact to do a tribute for mj . I'm also very sick of the executors, they should seek a legal action AGAINST THE JACKSON FAMILY . nobody is damaging mj's image as much as the jacksons are , they are making money off his name and the estate should stop them .

This is much better! It was way too soon to have it this month, and im glad its in london as i can go now :) hopefully its on my birthday !!

for those who bought tickets I'm sorry.. that really sucks!

As for as the show itself, I had a feeling it would not happen.. Seemingly everything Jermaine has said about music and buisness related things have not fallowed thru or were not true.. Not a suprise to me at all. Infact I am still Iffy if the jackson reality show will actually air, and we've seen a clip of it.. that's really sad.. ha ha!! With anything he says, I have to WAIT until it happens. It's really bad when Mike had to release a statement himself saying what he was saying was not true.. Remember not too long ago about J5 and family reunion?

Can someone explain to me what happens at the tribute? Who is singing? What's the deal?

Dang, I gotta wait some more? Oh well, I have something to look forward to next year. Well hopefully I won't forget it since it sounds like it will be in my birth month, June. I hope they give a date soon so I can mark it on my calendar.

Oh Lord...

LMAO.

I doubt it's even gonna happen. It's Jermaine. Some people are all dreams, no actions :p

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, London might be a more suitable location for such an event. On the other hand, Vienna and castles were a dream location and I feel bad for those who invested their hard earned money in a trip to Vienna for nothing.

Thank you!! I'm really sorry for everyone who had purchased tickets and stuff, that sucks. :( But I'm so glad it will be in London! :)

It's been reported here in Los Angeles that the reason why the show got cancelled is because there were a lot of top stars who felt that they were getting second billing to one another. The didn't like how they were being treated so they stared dropping out. Also it was reported that some Jackson family members weren't to happy with how Jermaine was going about doing things and some family members said that they were not going to attend.

Isn't this date going to conflict with the MJ estate tribute in August 29, 2010?

I did not know that. well, hopefully Branca won't invite jermaine to sing his horrible version of "smile" or "cry" .

Im glad its next year i think it was all to quick really and hopefully they sort it out properly this time? x

I really don't understand why it's so hard for them to put on a decent tribute. For gods sakes the Jacksons have been doing this all their lives, they have the contacts, they know all the right people...

Back