Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate Thread (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It´s a MJ song for me

"Everybody say the time is borrowed
And hanging down your head just ain't no good
And if you dare to rise above tomorrow
Just give yourself a chance
Fight the circumstance
Rise and do it again"

Michael didn`t have a chance to finish the song and maybe he was going to work more with some other lyrics in the song

Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

I must admit that this sounds alot like the stuff on the album but I get the MJ feeling from those songs, so i feel its him, I feel his soul in those songs, even All I Need, thats pure MJ

agreed

If it was meant as "looking for a better job", they would have worded it as so. Either that, or they would have connected the two subjects of "job" and "place", and worded it as "looking for a finer job and place to stay". But because they've described it as looking for "a job" and "a finer place", the two subjects are seperated, and it means just as it's been spelt: Looking for a job. Looking for a finer place.

I don't think it's possible to squeeze in any implications of "better" in there, it is what it is.
Today at work, two people were talking about a younger person saying 'I hope they find a job soon...' blah blah blah 'Well, they have two jobs...It's just they aren't good.'

When I first heard the song, I instantly understood what he meant when he sings those lines. Anyone who doesn't understand is, in my opinion, taking those lines a little too literally and has no common sense.

You think that saying Jason Malachi is the singer on the Cascio tracks is worse than saying somebody isnt a fan just because they dont hear Michael on these songs?

Right.....at least TRY to be impartial. Good grief.

Right, like many of you weren't in full support of those who made statements like, "if you think this is Michael, you aren't a real fan".

How often are all of you really listening to these songs? I have been nonstop since they came out! I am UNCERTAIN, but mostly positive, that it's MJ. I think we deserve much more evidence for this album! Sony is being shady about it, releasing such little info and no promotion, really. Couldn't there have been a real album special on TV or something, not Oprah?

Today at work, two people were talking about a younger person saying 'I hope they find a job soon...' blah blah blah 'Well, they have two jobs...It's just they aren't good.'

When I first heard the song, I instantly understood what he meant when he sings those lines. Anyone who doesn't understand is, in my opinion, taking those lines a little too literally and has no common sense.

Regarding the two people you heard talking, well, they pretty much made it clear about what they were referring to with, "they have two jobs...It's just they aren't good". If it was just, "I hope they find a job soon...they have two jobs", it would have made little sense either. Just like what some find to be unusual about the, "She's looking for a job...she's working two jobs" line.

Besides, I would think that the idea of "common sense" would be to take things at face value, rather than coming up with some sort of fancy solution to this problem. Either that, or one can take "common sense" as the common opinion shared, in which case, common sense doesn't really apply here.

I will agree though, that this is a very literal approach to understanding what the singer meant. And some songs are worded in a figurative nature. Nonetheless, I can see why some might single out these particular lyrics.

the thing I don't get is the first verse is about some single mother looking for a job, working two jobs?!? Fail

Then after the chorus...

Environmentalism?! I thought we were talking about single mothers!

Then the ad-libs "I'm needing your love, I'm needing you now, I'm needing you're light right here today, I'm needing you now" It's now a love song?!?!?

It's like "for All I Need, let's talk about how time is borrowed again"

the thing I don't get is the first verse is about some single mother looking for a job, working two jobs?!? Fail

Then after the chorus...

Then the ad-libs "I'm needing your love, I'm needing you now, I'm needing you're light right here today, I'm needing you now" It's now a love song?!?!?

Possibly, the song isn't exactly centered around the lady who's looking for hope, or the environmental issues. It could be referring more to the need for hope and love, when faced with the examples that are described in the song.

Of course, I'm only judging based on the lyrics that one can find on the internet, and am not exactly listening to the song at the moment.

A lot of poorer people have to have multiple low paid jobs to even afford food on the table whereas most people obviously have the one better paid, more qualified job. That's what the lyric in the song meant in my opinion.

Keep Your Head Up vs Critical/vibrate comparison/ Is it real MJ's voice?

^It's beyond me how people think it's Michael. But that's just my opinion, of course.

The vibrato ruins this song for me. It's uncomfortable to listen to at times. Michael or not, there is no way he would have that much vibrato on a release. I know he's not here etc etc...I just am beginning to really resent this release.

EDIT: My bad, I was actually talking about a different song about the vibrato and now I can't remember which one lol.

lol, they all sound the same. KYHU, Stay, AIN.

The vibrato ruins this song for me. It's uncomfortable to listen to at times. Michael or not, there is no way he would have that much vibrato on a release. I know he's not here etc etc...I just am beginning to really resent this release.

EDIT: My bad, I was actually talking about a different song about the vibrato and now I can't remember which one lol.

My thought exactly.

I know Michael is not here to make sure everything is up to his standard. The sad thing is people so blatantly ignore how Michael Jackson always strived for the best quality possible.

This release killeded my expectation for future releases. In my opinion, Sony and the Estate are doing Michael a disservice with this album.

It is, no doubt, very disappointing. :( But I am certain that future releases will have great tracks on them, just like this does. The tracks sound so weird to me, it's sickening... They MUST have realized it sounded this way? Why wouldn't you provide proper evidence that it's him?

They seem to act offended and laugh when you say it isn't him, but they have to understand, the tracks sound very strange.

Then after the chorus...

How can you say this? It's almost like you've never stepped foot in an urban area, where single mothers working 2 or 3 jobs is a common occurrence.

^ I think it's how it jumps from one subject to another to yet another so quickly.

Where I am there are people working two jobs but these usually aren't mothers. And my area is about as urban-less as you can get.
Lots of mothers have to work two jobs, maybe more. My mom worked several jobs raising me, my girlfriends mother currently works two jobs while her father also works two.

Michael was very outspoken on how mothers and fathers have to work all of these extra jobs and that ends up splitting up the household. It made him very upset. It's obvious that he would talk about this. Sure, it might be a little cheesy to some of you people that don't care about the world, but it's reality, happening all around us every day.

Also, the song is obviously incomplete. Or it is attempting to sound so. Maybe it's based on lyrics he had jotted down(but no booklet scan)? I think these lyrics would be reworked or completely different if Michael were still alive and completed it.

Didn't Michael have almost an entire album of material or more for 2004, but the trial basically kept him from doing anything else? Maybe this was something he did often, made albums and 'shelved' them.

Lots of mothers have to work two jobs, maybe more. My mom worked several jobs raising me, my girlfriends mother currently works two jobs while her father also works two.

Michael was very outspoken on how mothers and fathers have to work all of these extra jobs and that ends up splitting up the household. It made him very upset. It's obvious that he would talk about this. Sure, it might be a little cheesy to some of you people that don't care about the world, but it's reality, happening all around us every day.

Also, the song is obviously incomplete. Or it is attempting to sound so. Maybe it's based on lyrics he had jotted down(but no booklet scan)? I think these lyrics would be reworked or completely different if Michael were still alive and completed it.

Didn't Michael have almost an entire album of material or more for 2004, but the trial basically kept him from doing anything else? Maybe this was something he did often, made albums and 'shelved' them.

It's not cheesy. Some people I know are working four jobs so it's definitely possible.

Pretty sure there was no album in 2004. There were several songs ready but not a full album.

I'm just saddened by how Michael was sold out by his so called friends and KYHU as well as the 2 other tracks ended up on the album... Just so sad. I'm one who thinks all 3 C. tacks are not real and done by an impersonator and makes no sense that all of them sound similiar in terms of vibrato style and that "man's" voice, but how come that happened with none of the other songs on the album. It's just weird that the Cascio vibrato appeared on none of the other tracks, nor the Malachi like voice.... or how come no footage of Michael or pics were shown of him in the studio during the interview... Michael was recorded many times in studio sessions making songs, how come not by his other so called "friends (Eddie)." Listen to Michael's Money song, that explains how bad people can be... and it has come to pass.

Frankyboy's point is that the lyrics say 'She's looking for a job' and then go on to say 'she's working two jobs'.

She either has no job, or has two of them, which is it?? It's like whoever wrote the lyrics forgot what they were writing about as they wrote them... and this is even more obvious when the subject changes to the earth and stuff. What the hell?

^^ Maybe she needs a third job to make ends meet?

Frankyboy's point is that the lyrics say 'She's looking for a job' and then go on to say 'she's working two jobs'.

She either has no job, or has two of them, which is it?? It's like whoever wrote the lyrics forgot what they were writing about as they wrote them... and this is even more obvious when the subject changes to the earth and stuff. What the hell?

In fact, the songs talk about several girls...

each line of the chorus is for a different girl

end of story.

This music touches me so much. I'm sure it's Michael.
I think that says it seeks a better job than the two together that it already has ...

"She's lookin 'for a job and a finer place to stay"
As she seeks a better place to stay.

"Keepin 'Your Head up to the sky"
I understand how to stay in prayer, looking to Heaven
And that despite the difficulty of life, she does not lose his faith.

The lyrics that go:
"She's looking for a job and find a place to stay"
then
"She's working two jobs..."

I think is a misunderstanding within the lyrics, I think the meaning is shes looking for a better job instead of the situation of working two jobs... :)

This woman needs to get a job....

I can think of one "job" Jason Malachi can do......
But let's leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back