L.A. or WEMBLEY? Let the MJ Estate know which BAD tour you want them to release!!!

DVD/Blu-ray release of Wembley or L.A.?

• Total voters
LA definitely! the man in the mirror snippet (white shirt) is enough to make me go crazyyy!

I don't understand why it's taken so long to release one of the Bad tour concerts from 1988. If these people release it then that means that they'll be making money from it and it will make the fans happy

It's a win win situation

I'm English, so I gotta say Wembley!
In truth though, I haven't seen either concert so I have no idea which is actually the best concert. I wouldn't care if LA was released as long as that was the better show.

My preference is Los Angeles, January 27th, 1989! :)

I think over the years, thanks to snippets, clips, news reports, a 7 night straight 70 000* live attendance and the going nowhere 2005 Wembley '88 online petition has ensured fans have built up the Wembley '88 shows to be much better than they actually are!

Of course, any '88/'89 concert filmed professionally would be amazing to have!

However, towards the end of the Bad Tour, from November '88 through to January '89, new stage effects were added to the Tour, MJ's dancing evolved further as it always seems to when he's on Tour (with the HIStory Tour being the only exception...The '96 leg saw MJ's best dancing on display), more lights were also added to the stage set and overall, the show was fine-tuned and perfected.

What's the setlists of the 2 shows?

I think that this is the Wembley setlist

Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Heartbreak Hotel
Another Part Of Me
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
She's Out Of My Life
Jackson 5 Medley
Rock With You
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
Thriller
Bad Groove
Working Day And Night
Beat It
Billie Jean
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Man In The Mirror

Heartbreak Hotel
Another Part Of Me
She's Out Of My Life
Jackson 5 Medley
Rock With You
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
Thriller
Bad Groove
Working Day And Night
Beat It
Billie Jean
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Man In The Mirror

I want this released SOOO BAD !! Give It To Me !!!

The video of Another PArt of me is not very good IMO - the performance is great - but there are way to many clips of the audience and the band, and the clips are way too fast, you get dizzy and sick because it's changing so fast. And the close-ups on MJ is too near. You can't really see his feet and his bodu - which means you miss all the great dancing. That's a shame. I just want to see MJ dancing, not the audience (or at least not so much).

The video of Another PArt of me is not very good IMO - the performance is great - but there are way to many clips of the audience and the band, and the clips are way too fast, you get dizzy and sick because it's changing so fast. And the close-ups on MJ is too near. You can't really see his feet and his bodu - which means you miss all the great dancing. That's a shame. I just want to see MJ dancing, not the audience (or at least not so much).

The official video for APOM does use live footage from Wembley and Paris '88, However, It's not the original footage that was shot. It's been chopped and edited to give it a "music video feel"...

^^^

OK, but don't you think it's annoying and confusing the clips are made so fast and you don't really get to see MJ's feet and body. They zoom in on his face way too much. MJ is a performer, a dancer - so we should see his entire body move and dance.

Yeah we don't need another repeat of Dangerous Tour Bucharest. That was my biggest problem with that DVD. To many crowd shots

Heartbreak Hotel
Another Part Of Me
She's Out Of My Life
Jackson 5 Medley
Rock With You
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
Thriller
Bad Groove
Working Day And Night
Beat It
Billie Jean
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Man In The Mirror

Ace. Thanks.

LA 1989 - MJ Looks better, Dancing more refined, Extra Bongo's on Human Nature Lol

Wembley 1988 (16th July) - Amazing Energy and raw power, Amazing vocals, Band was spot on and so tight.

If you want a clean looking nice Bad tour show vote LA even though there was not much passion in that show. If you want Michael at his best vote Wembley

That covers it ^^^

^ 'Extra Bongos on Human Nature' is a great name for a band.

Ha ha, gotta love the bongo's, They were added at Liverpool, I am suprised no one has any audio or there is no news of the rehearsals at liverpool, this is probably where the tough and grueling decision was made to add extra bongo's.

Funny Fact number 1: Michael stopped the Liverpool rehearsals mid song so that he and the band could admire a bunch of "Beautiful" clouds that were floating over Aintree

I'm not fussed. I just what the BAD tour on DVD!!!!

Ha ha, gotta love the bongo's, They were added at Liverpool, I am suprised no one has any audio or there is no news of the rehearsals at liverpool, this is probably where the tough and grueling decision was made to add extra bongo's.

Funny Fact number 1: Michael stopped the Liverpool rehearsals mid song so that he and the band could admire a bunch of "Beautiful" clouds that were floating over Aintree

Possibly the only time Liverpool & beautiful have been used in the same sentence. (Joke).

I would also like to have Leeds a) to see if I can see myself and b) to re-live the Happy Birthday moment.

Possibly the only time Liverpool & beautiful have been used in the same sentence. (Joke).

I would also like to have Leeds a) to see if I can see myself and b) to re-live the Happy Birthday moment.

Yeah leeds would be nice, but Michael was on the back end of some nasty vocal problems I think from the last couple wembley gigs

[youtube]QOm7l1UsgXE[/youtube]

Electrifying!!!

Last edited:
^^^

OK, but don't you think it's annoying and confusing the clips are made so fast and you don't really get to see MJ's feet and body. They zoom in on his face way too much. MJ is a performer, a dancer - so we should see his entire body move and dance.

LOL, what's funny about this statement is that Michael used to complain about when he was a boy watching Rick James and they wouldn't show his feet also. :D

No L.A or WEMBLEY.

JUST NEW YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK 1998 MSG!

For Dirty Dianaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! With Jennifer Batten AND STEVE STEVENS!

THAT'S IT.

Yeah leeds would be nice, but Michael was on the back end of some nasty vocal problems I think from the last couple wembley gigs

I'd love to see Leeds, i wasn't born then, but it took place right round the corner from me, i've seen clips, but i doubt it would be suitable for a huge concert release, something like Wembley would be better for that, it would be nice to see it though :)

I think they should do a DVD of the Bad tour with nothing but MJ"s best performances throughout the entire tour...some from LA...some from Great Britian, some from Japan, etc. Why pick just one location like the Dangerous Tour DVD- which is another one they should redo as well as the HIStory tour.?

still skeptical myself, perfect time to of released it would been few months after tour ended, the massive buzz and peoples feelings then would of made it a mega success on video...

still cant see it happening myself, as it requires time and effort, but all we ever get is whats been released before, wouldnt suprise me if the next concert annoucement would be bucharest dangerous with a new cover..

hope im wrong tho...like, really hope im wrong, i so want a bad tour dvd....

633824049006071090-SkepticalHippo.jpg

Madison Sqaure Garden would also be a great show on DVD because Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel was sung live that night.

I vote for the WEMBLEY! Michael was on fire! I read about this concert, and it would be desirable to look it while I am still live...

Last edited:
Back