Lady Gaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alma you posts is back I deleted it by mistake. trying to remove off topic posts
Please read the post above and lets all stay on topic now.

Thank you, Qbee.

I've read it and will not get involved into other arguments any time soon. My post was generally addressed to, in a way, try to clear some misconceptions and formulate some worries behind all this non-relaxation, which I've found important, even though a bit repetitious. ..

Thanks again.

do u guys think born this way will out sell The Fame will sold over 12 million worldwide?

It seems I was wrong trying to keep some peace on the board. :rolleyes:

This topic is now open for all discussion.. Love or hate her, post away.
Just rememeber to be respectful towards each others opinions. Thanks.

Coool.........

But I think there should be two threads for Lady Gaga..........

.....One for fans and another for debating (and criticising)...........

That'll keep everybody happy..........

I think adding a lady Gaga appreciation thread is a great idea and we are discussing that option right now.
We have many MJ fans here that also like her and need a place to express that with out being challenged.
or without having to go elsewhere to do that.

Last edited:
do u guys think born this way will out sell The Fame will sold over 12 million worldwide?

Well, there are these actions on Amazon where they sell her album for $0.99. That will certainly help to boost her sales, because people are buying it who otherwise wouldn't.

I've heard the album is disappointing though (even for some fans of Gaga). But the marketing is great, like always around her, so that will make her sell, definitely.

Re: Why Lady Gaga's " Born This Way" May Save The Music Industry

Serious question: do you guys think this album could beat Thriller as the best selling album in the US? I've heard several people predict this, since the album is being given away for free with cell phones (counted as sales) and I believe also sold for $0.99 at some time... And she is the most popular artist out right now. But I don't know, seems unlikely :mello:

Btw, 1000 posts... again? :lol: I guess some of my former posts were removed lol.

Even if her sales would beat Thriller I don't think that would be "fair" because they are giving away copies of her album for virtually free. So even people buy it who otherwise would not and who are only curious but aren't necessarily fans of hers. They are just caught up in this bargain.

Come back to me when "Born this way" sells as many as Thriller on a normal price....

(Though maybe even with this bargain she won't beat Thriller.)

Re: Why Lady Gaga's " Born This Way" May Save The Music Industry

Even if her sales would beat Thriller I don't think that would be "fair" because they are giving away copies of her album for virtually free. So even people buy it who otherwise would not and who are only curious but aren't necessarily fans of hers. They are just caught up in this bargain.

Come back to me when "Born this way" sells as many as Thriller on a normal price....

(Though maybe even with this bargain she won't beat Thriller.)

There's no way any album will ever beat Thriller. EVER. No one can do it. That was a magical time and those days are dead and gone. I obviously wish Gaga well, but anyone who even finds it remotely possibly is setting themselves up for major disappointment. Born This Way is going to sell well, but by today's standards.

I've heard the album is disappointing though (even for some fans of Gaga). But the marketing is great, like always around her, so that will make her sell, definitely.

Its not disappointing... its a brilliant album. Far better than 'The Fame', and probably just a bit better than 'The Fame Monster' (which I love!)

:D

Its not disappointing... its a brilliant album. Far better than 'The Fame', and probably just a bit better than 'The Fame Monster' (which I love!)

:D

Born This Way is Gaga's best album by far (imho). This album has so many themes - dark, religious, political, and inspirational. Gaga tackles so many topics and gives her fans hope with her message of love, acceptance, and unity. Born This Way is a mesh of sound and style and is a true representation of the cover (a person of flesh mending with metal and becoming a literal vessel to inspire hope). I much prefer it over her first two albums. It has true artistic integrity and also shows off her powerful voice.

Hi guys how are you ? :)

I do not know Lady Gaga at all, like i've heard a few bits of songs here and there maybe, but yesterday i stumbled upon one of her interviews. I find her very funny in it so i wanted to share it, so hehehehere you go !:

gaga with her manager vincent yesterday

114576069.jpg

114566061.jpg

114565883.jpg

114566070.jpg

SALES GO GAGA: With Lady Gaga's Born This Way now slated to sell more than a million, sources estimate that Amazon sold 330k during Monday's 99-cent sale, even with glitches, a total which soared to 450k after yesterday's repeat of the promotion. How high will Gaga ultimately go as the marketing blitz orchestrated by Interscope's Steve Berman and manager Troy Carter builds momentum? Stay tuned to HITS' Building Album chart and this space as the
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Lady Gaga thinks Telephone, the song she did with Beyonce, is her worst.
What’s your worst song?

I hate ‘Telephone’. Is that terrible to say? It’s the song I have the most difficult time listening to.

Because it was offered to Britney first?

Well that’s not exactly what happened, but I don’t want to delve into that. I could delve into it if you turn that (motions to recorder) off... But ultimately the mix and the process of getting the production finished was very stressful for me. So when I say it’s my worst song it has nothing to do with the song, just my emotional connection to it.

Lady Gaga thinks Telephone, the song she did with Beyonce, is her worst.
What’s your worst song?

I hate ‘Telephone’. Is that terrible to say? It’s the song I have the most difficult time listening to.

Because it was offered to Britney first?

Well that’s not exactly what happened, but I don’t want to delve into that. I could delve into it if you turn that (motions to recorder) off... But ultimately the mix and the process of getting the production finished was very stressful for me. So when I say it’s my worst song it has nothing to do with the song, just my emotional connection to it.

Aowwwww !!!! Thank you for posting !! :)

EDIT: Hold on, i was not watching the upper part of her body so now that i did, i have a question. What does she have on her shoulders ? Implants ?

Yes, those are implants or at least something that is supposed to resemble it.

I was more intrigued by this photo though:

114566061.jpg

Look at those shoes!! :bugeyed How on earth is she able to walk with those heels (or lack thereof)? It's a complete mystery to me. What if someone gives her a slight push, she would immediately fall backwards right? :unsure:

Yes, those are implants or at least something that is supposed to resemble it.

Thanks for answering so fast :). Why wear these though ? lol. You're a lady so i'll ask, would you wear it ? :)

I was more intrigued by this photo though:

114566061.jpg

Look at those shoes!! :bugeyed How on earth is she able to walk with those heels (or lack thereof)? It's a complete mystery to me. What if someone gives her a slight push, she would immediately fall backwards right? :unsure:

I find 'em so strange too haha. When i spotted these shoes i asked maself "what if she raises the front tip of her feet ?" haha. I do not know if these are the shoes she's referring to at 7:35 in the interview i posted (post number 160) but in this video she does say she fell hard once lol.

Gaga is wearing prosthetics. She took shoulder pads to the next level. LOL!

Thanks for answering so fast :). Why wear these though ? lol. You're a lady so i'll ask, would you wear it ? :)

I have no idea why anyone would wear implants (or prosthetics, as Travis says), it's a disfigurement imo. It just looks scary to me. So no, I would never ever do that, lol. I've said it before but I don't understand why Gaga (who is naturally pretty judging by pre-fame pictures of her) chooses to make herself look uglier by bad make-up that does not complement her features at all (like the light eyebrows that make her nose look huge, or the eyeliner that gives her eyes a weird shape etc.) and these implants and tattoos and stuff. It must be some kind of statement that she is trying to make but it's going beyond me. I understand that she's celebrating being different and unconventional but I really don't get why anyone would want to look unappealing.

Anyway, all that stuff with her image and her looks isn't that important to me. I like her music and that's it. I don't care much for artists' personal lives anyway. I barely knew the names of Michael's siblings before I joined this forum :lol: But I guess it's fun to discuss and I see no harm in doing that.

Her new music is lame, or at least the singles are. Born This Way and Judas are a big pile of suck and I'm over the whole "I like gay people a lot" thing. I just see her "artistry" as attention whoring now, which I'd probably be able to overlook if I liked her radio songs the way I liked them in her past couple albums. I always thought Lady GaGa has the same kind of music as a Ke$ha or Britney Spears, but manages to cause enough controversy to get people to say she's a briliant artist, which typically isn't said for those other girls. Kind of makes me want to puke when people talk about her like she's a musical genius or something. She makes music that's fun to listen to goofing around with your friends. I just hope the future music she releases is catchier so I can like her again.

I actually think she looks kinda adorable, haha! Its in theme with the new look on the album, and her hair is amazing! Love the Cruella Deville thing she's got going on!

It's prosthetic makeup. Like what MJ wore in Thriller and Ghosts to change his appearance. It's basically just a combination of latex and makeup. It looks very real, but it's not literally under her skin. As to why she does it? Honestly, to be different and gain attention. It keeps people talking about her (whether good or bad).

^ Ahh it's not under the skin? Phew :lol:

I was looking at them thinking why would you want those forever! LOL

It's prosthetic makeup. Like what MJ wore in Thriller and Ghosts to change his appearance. It's basically just a combination of latex and makeup. It looks very real, but it's not literally under her skin.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

As to why she does it? Honestly, to be different and gain attention. It keeps people talking about her (whether good or bad)

Reminds me of what Mj said about being an artist and publicity: "When people stop talking about you, you gotta worry." or something like that. :)

EDIT: found the quote, it's "At least they're talking. When they stop talking, you have to worry." lol

Last edited:
when she does not wear anything weird to gain attention she just not wear anything, so she gets attention same way!

Thanks for the explanation. :)

Reminds me of what Mj said about being an artist and publicity: "When people stop talking about you, you gotta worry." or something like that. :)

EDIT: found the quote, it's "At least they're talking. When they stop talking, you have to worry." lol

You're very welcome. :)

>>>Gaga's tour forced her into bankruptcy> 'Born This Way' Blasts Onto U.K. Chart

Lady Gaga was left $US3 million ($2.8 million) in debt when her Monster Ball tour forced her into bankruptcy.
The pop superstar launched her second series of live concerts in 2009 and has spent two years touring the show. Described as "the first-ever pop electro opera", the tour was announced after an intended joint tour with Kanye West was suddenly cancelled.
Since the Monster Ball tour began, Gaga has performed the show more than 200 times, grossing over $US227.4 million.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Gaga previously admitted her lavish stage sets and production costs left her bankrupt and she has now revealed she was struggling with a massive multimillion-dollar debt.
"I put everything in the show, and I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of The Monster Ball. And it was funny because I didn't know! And I remember I called everybody and said, 'Why is everyone saying I have no money? This is ridiculous, I have five number one singles' - and they said, 'Well, you're $3 million in debt'," Gaga said in an interview with Stephen Fry for Britain's Financial Times.
While the tour clearly burned a hole in the artist's pocket, album sales have skyrocketed in the past week with Gaga's album Born This Way debuting at No.1 on the ARIA albums chart.

The much-anticipated album, released on May 23, is already approaching multi-platinum status in Australia and has reportedly sold more than a million copies worldwide.
In Britain Gaga ended Adele's lengthy reign over the UK album chart with Born This Way scoring the biggest first week sales of the year so far.
The album shot to the top spot on the charts just hours after promoters announced that Gaga will return to Sydney for an intimate performance for fewer than 1000 of her diehard fans on July 13.
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...to-bankruptcy-20110530-1fbpj.html?from=smh_sb

Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' Blasts Onto U.K. Chart

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" album made its expected powerful arrival to the U.K. chart Sunday (May 29), with the biggest first-week sale of the year here of 215,000 units, more than the rest of the top ten titles combined. "Give Me Everything" by Pitbull featuring Nayer, Afrojack and Ne-Yo, meanwhile, starts a second week atop the singles chart.

Lady Gaga's opening U.K. sales narrowly beat Adele's first-week tally of 208,000 for "21" in late January. "Born This Way" is joined in the top ten by its predecessor "The Fame," which rises 11-7 and now has U.K. sales of more than 2.5 million copies, according to the Official Charts Company. Gaga also has three singles in the top 20, with "Judas" falling 8-9, the "Born This Way" title track 16-17 and "The Edge of Glory" 6-18. "Hair" fell 13-68.

"21," which had spent 16 of the previous 17 weeks at No. 1, dips to No. 2, but Adele's previous album "19" holds steady at No. 3. The first single from the current album "Rolling In The Deep" moves back 34-26, as the "Glee" cast version of the track debuts at No. 49.
1072079-lady-gaga-born-this-way-nowords-617-409.jpg

Re: >>>Gaga's tour forced her into bankruptcy> 'Born This Way' Blasts Onto U.K. Chart

How come this has never been reported before? I've never once read that the tour put Gaga in bankruptcy. Sorry, but I don't believe it. She's the hottest star on the planet is reaping in the dough. Not to say that it could never happen, but it sounds so unlikely, especially since Gaga's tour did very well.

Re: >>>Gaga's tour forced her into bankruptcy> 'Born This Way' Blasts Onto U.K. Chart

I'm inclined to agree with Travis on this one--she's one of the most popular musicians/pop personalities right now. I would believe it, say, five years from now when everyone forgets about her and goes on to the next one, but as of right now, Gaga and bankruptcy seem an unlikely pair. Who knows, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back