Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, *Update Post 164*

Re: Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, hear it here first

That sounds like crap. After all the hype no doubt this is going to be a disappointment even to Gaga fans. It sounds so cheap and tacky and no where near as catchy as her previous tracks. It sounds so like Madonna especially the start. Just had a quick google and there are a fair few negative reviews. She is far too arrogant. Maybe it will do her good to be taken down a peg or two, "album of the decade, greatest voice in the industry' my arse! I think her vocals on this sound awful.

Not as good as we expected. I like some of the lyrics but not the music. Actually, the music sounds horrible.

She called this album "The best album of the decade.." WOW. It hurts.

It should have been a pure enjoyable ballad.

dislike-base.png

Does it remind anyone else of "Express Yourself" by Madonna? The chorus?

Does it remind anyone else of "Express Yourself" by Madonna? The chorus?

OMG I did think that right away. That song came to mind first but it sounded Madonna like for sure.

overhyped crap

This song is not good, sorry Gaga :(

Um not as good as expected, GaGa for me seems to be a mix between of Madonna & Gwen Stefani, maybe after a couple of listens this will sound good

Damn. I was really, really excited about this song. Anti-climax. It's just not good :(

I can't listen to this song, damn it :( When I click on the YT link it says "This video contains content from UMG. It is not available." and when I click on the other link it says "Due to licensing restrictions, we are not able to allow access to the content you are requesting from outside the United States. We are sorry we can no longer provide access outside the United States." :(

I really wanna hear this song to know what the fuss was all about :mello:

Wow...that was absolutely loathsome, even by Germanotta standards. She should have made it a ballad. Maybe then it would sound a little better.

Listening it to again it just sounds so much like Madonna's song. I am sure it will be a hit though with all this interest.

oh my...:(

dont like it at all!

Last edited:

Express Yourself... :girl_whistle:

Gaga, please let Madonna. :pray: I do not know, but it seems Gaga insists on being the new Madonna. :bugeyed :doh: Gaga never be. -_-

:fear:

Oh dear GaGa...utter crap.

Express Yourself... :girl_whistle:

Gaga, please let Madonna. :pray: I do not know, but it seems Gaga insists on being the new Madonna. :bugeyed :doh: Gaga never be. -_-

:fear:

When has she ever compared herself to Madonna?

Thanks! :)

I actually like the song, the chorus is catchy :) But I'm not a big fan of this techno/club sound, I think this song would have been better as a ballad... I wonder what it will sound like acoustic, probably a lot better without all that "noise" in the background. Then again, the lyrics are rather corny in some places ("don't be a drag, just be a queen, whether you're broke or evergreen" :mello:) and they wouldn't be drown out by the beat like they are now if it were a ballad.

I'm not familiar with Madonna's "Express Yourself" nor do I feel the desire to look it up (Madonna's music is not really my style) so I couldn't tell you if the songs are similar... but this is not the first time Lady Gaga is compared to her.

Edit: ^ That sounds kinda harsh lol. I like some of Madonna's songs but I find her voice a bit annoying. But yeah, maybe I should check out EY just to see if the comparisons are correct :p

Edit 2: I listened to the song and found out I DID know it, matter of fact I could sing along the whole song lmao :lol: I just didn't know it was called "Express Yourself" lol. It does remind me of BTW somewhat... but not enough to say Gaga copied it.

Edit 3 (sorry guys :lol:): upon second listening the songs are very similar in some places, particularly the chorus. Try singing the chorus of BTW over the chorus of EY and they are almost the same :mello: But the verses are quite different though.

Last edited:
The song reminds me of Madonna's Express Yourself. I actually like it more then Express Yourself lol

I love the song. Great to dance to and I totally love the message behind the song. It's a song with some meaning behind it. It wasn't meant to be an epic Pink Floyd song. It's dance music with a positive message. I can't wait to go to the gay pride parade this year. This song is gonna be blasting everywhere. :)

The Lyrics:

It doesn’t matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M
Just put your paws up
‘Cause you were Born This Way, baby

My mama told me when I was young
We are all born superstars
She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on In the glass of her boudoir
“There’s nothin’ wrong with lovin’ who you are” She said,
“‘Cause he made you perfect, babe” “So hold your head up, girl and you you’ll go far, listen to me when I say”

I’m beautiful in my way,
‘Cause God makes no mistakes
I’m on the right track, baby I was Born This Way
Don’t hide yourself in regret,
Just love yourself and you’re set
I’m on the right track,
baby I was Born This Way
Ooo, there ain’t no other way
Baby, I was Born This Way
Ooo, there ain’t other way
Baby, I was Born-

Don’t be a drag, just be a queen
Don’t be a drag, just be a queen Don’t be!

Give yourself prudence
And love your friends
Subway kid, rejoice your truth
In the religion of the insecure
I must be myself, respect my youth
A different lover is not a sin
Believe capital H-I-M (Hey, Hey, Hey)
I love my life, I love this record
and Mi amore vole fe yah (Love needs faith)

I’m beautiful in my way,
Just love yourself and you’re set I’m on the right track,
baby I was Born This Way
Ooo, there ain’t other way Baby,
I was Born-

Don’t be a drag, just be a queen Don’t be!

Don’t be drag, just be a queen
Whether you’re broke or evergreen
You’re black, white, beige, chola descent
You’re lebanese, you’re orient
Whether life’s disabilities
Left you outcast, bullied or teased
Rejoice and love yourself today
‘Cause baby, you were Born This Way
No matter gay, straight or bi Lesbian,
transgendered life I’m on the right track, baby I was born to survive

No matter black, white or beige
Chola or orient made
I’m on the right track, baby I was born to be brave

I’m beautiful in my way,
Just love yourself and you’re set
Ooo, there ain’t other way
Baby, I was Born-
I was Born This Way, hey!
I was Born This Way, hey!
I’m on the right track, baby I was Born This Way, hey!
I was Born This Way, hey! I was Born This Way, hey!
I’m on the right track, baby I was Born This Way, hey!

Much prefer Express Yourself. This is too fast, and the style doesn't fit the lyrics at all.

Not as good as we expected. I like some of the lyrics but not the music. Actually, the music sounds horrible.

She called this album "The best album of the decade.." WOW. It hurts.

It should have been a pure enjoyable ballad.

Like it or lump it, it will be. Sales and popularity wise anyway. I've always said that Gaga's talent:popularity ratio is way off. Born This Way is number one in every iTunes country within 24 hours of its release. Point proven? She's only getting bigger and bigger unfortunately.

But hey, that's the music industry today. :sigh:

Like it or lump it, it will be. Sales and popularity wise anyway. I've always said that Gaga's talent:popularity ratio is way off. Born This Way is number one in every iTunes country within 24 hours of its release. Point proven? She's only getting bigger and bigger unfortunately.

But hey, that's the music industry today. :sigh:

How can you be so sure? The decade has barely started, you never know who will come up in the future. Three years ago nobody had even heard of Lady Gaga. And the sales numbers from her previous albums are not THAT impressive to assume her new album is going to be the best-selling album of the decade. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this album sold less than her other ones considering the backlash she has received for her antics, recent comments and 'copying' other artists.

How can you be so sure? The decade has barely started, you never know who will come up in the future. Three years ago nobody had even heard of Lady Gaga. And the sales numbers from her previous albums are not THAT impressive to assume her new album is going to be the best-selling album of the decade. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this album sold less than her other ones considering the backlash she has received for her antics, recent comments and 'copying' other artists.

I can be fairly sure because of the trends of the music industry. Three years ago nobody had heard of Lady Gaga, exactly, look at her now. She's done nothing but excel in popularity since she surfaced.

You're right in saying that her past album sales aren't that impressive, but bear in mind that she has only released (i believe) 2 albums. She only achieved massive popularity AFTER her album was already out, so the release of a new one now, after all the videos, internet fame, controversy and awards is nothing but a good thing for her.

And unfortunately, her antics are what I expect to be cold, calculated ways of increasing her prescence in todays society. Going out in a meat-dress gets people talking. Her mysteriousness and everything get's people wondering what she's going to do next, they're hungry to find out. Hey, Taylor Swifts new album shifted a MILLION copies in one week, and that was months after the whole Kanye West incident.

She's one of the biggest enigmas in recent times and a pioneer of an ever growing, dance-centric age in music. I'm not even a fan of Lady Gaga but I can't deny her (in my eyes negative) impact on music. I could be totally wrong but I'm eager to see how well this album sells.

Oh yeah. The album will sell well.She is so popular right now.

I think it's a brilliant song. Very reminiscent of Express Yourself.

...and I can't help but feel that some people are judging the person rather than the song. Which is unfortunate, considering how MJ suffered with this.

I like Gaga and I like the song. Is it very reminiscent of Express Yourself? Yep. Is it as good as Madonna's classic song? Nope. However, I try not to take it all so seriously. Lady Gaga can never come close to the legend that Madonna is. Madonna will never get the recognition for her talent until she's gone, but I think even most anti-Madonna folks would agree that M is the more talented one with far superior music. There'es really no comparison between the two other than Gaga tries to be the new Madonna. Sorry, but NO ONE will ever replace Madonna. She did it first and did it better.

Back