Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, *Update Post 164*

Some will laugh, but I believe the only person who can truly have a major comeback, overshadowing gaga and britney hype is Janet Jackson. I just wish it would come sooner lol.

Janet is in a position that no one else is in. She's still a great performer and is still interesting to people and her music is very universal. People will want to hear what she's got to say in her next album cause that's when she talks. That, alone, would make 'Born this way' or 'fame' look like some dusty book out of cobwebbed attic in terms of relevance to music history.

Already, what she is doing is interesting. 2 hit movies, a no.1 book, several iconic performances, a new image in the last year. She has been working a heavy presence on the back of her Number Ones album released in 2009. She's touring on the back of that now. That's been over a year, which is the longest era she has had since 'All for you'. I haven't seen an artist promote a greatest hits CD so extensively since Mjs History.
Correct me if I'm wrong ;-) but there is defo a buzz over Janet that hasn't been felt in awhile.
So just imagine when she finally gets to releasing an album, it could be huge.

Not that this thread is about her, but just saying. People need reminded of whose really great and worth bothering about, cause imo, I don't think Janet is done yet. She's not going to let the Jackson name fade to 'tribute status'. She is very much like Michael, and I know Michael would be saying "you get out there and show them whose boss!"

People shouldn't be so content with Gaga trying to place herself on level with and replacing the superstarstom of the Jackson era.

(PS: THIS IS JUST MY VIEW. I very much want to see Janet have her moment again, and give something for gaga to fear, it would be interesting).

Ok, I haven't read much in this thread yet, but I wanted to say that this is actually the first Lady Gaga song I really like, as in bought it and now play it over and over. :lol: I'm addicted to it, and that doesn't happen often. Generally she kind of annoys me, so I was surprised to like something of hers. And yes, after hearing it a few times I mysteriously found myself singing "Express Yourself" until it dawned on me just why. This is more Madonna than some Madonna songs. :hysterical: Ah, but I really like it, I admit it. (Maybe cuz I also like a lot of Madonna songs? ;)) The video ... I see why some are saying it's disturbing. I was doing alright with it until the creepy painted skull faces, yikes. That ruins it for me, but that's just personal taste.

Last edited:
^I like the chorus, but I hate the rest of the song. The lyrics are just...awkwardly worded, outside of the chorus, and I think this song would have done better and been more powerful as a ballad piece rather than a dance/techno song. Moreover, she screwed her chances of making an actually good and meaningful video for a song with an important message by using the underdeveloped half-baked alien story and dancing half-naked in pointless fashion throughout. That's best saved for less relevant songs.

^I like the chorus, but I hate the rest of the song. The lyrics are just...awkwardly worded, outside of the chorus, and I think this song would have done better and been more powerful as a ballad piece rather than a dance/techno song. Moreover, she screwed her chances of making an actually good and meaningful video for a song with an important message by using the underdeveloped half-baked alien story and dancing half-naked in pointless fashion throughout. That's best saved for less relevant songs.

I agree! I've said that before about the song being more suitable as a ballad. I haven't seen the video yet but I'm not sure if I want to lol. I really do like the song though, esp. the chorus, it's very catchy :) Although some parts are kinda cheesy lol, like "don't be a drag, just be a queen, whether you're broke or evergreen" :unsure:

^Yeah, that, and the "Lebanese or orient" bit just make me cringe. The proper term would be "Oriental," an adjective used to describe people of Eastern descent. Orient is a noun used to describe the area itself.

Moreover, her mispronunciation of the word "infinite" in the video annoys me.

(Can't you just tell I'm that annoying person who goes around correcting other people's spelling/grammar/usage errors? :p)

I must say I'm impressed with Gaga....That little girl that did a tribute to 'Born this Way' on piano...Well, Gaga kept her promise...she did indeed bring her up on stage and the two sang together....A friend of mine saw her in Toronto a few days ago...I can't get the video up here..But they sang it together...it was great...

I must say I'm impressed with Gaga....That little girl that did a tribute to 'Born this Way' on piano...Well, Gaga kept her promise...she did indeed bring her up on stage and the two sang together....A friend of mine saw her in Toronto a few days ago...I can't get the video up here..But they sang it together...it was great...

That's sweet, must be a dream come true for that girl :) I'm sure the video will end up on YouTube some day.

That's sweet, must be a dream come true for that girl :) I'm sure the video will end up on YouTube some day.

Yes, I'll have to get her to upload it on YouTube :) She has a video (not in YT format) but I'm not sure how to upload it on here...

Mikage Souji;3282841 said:
^No, it certainly sounds like German, just spoken in a horrendous manner. French is such a different language from German--it would sound nothing like that.

Here is what one YouTube user thought it was:

Ich bin mir absolut klar

Ich trag den Namen Monster

I wish we all could be blind

It become easy (easy) out there

das soll das heißen.

I can definitely hear "Ich trag den Namen Monster," and I can hear "Ich bin mir absolut klar." I'm not 100% sure about the last three lines, though.
She was saying 'Ich bin bin mir absolut klar?'
I didn't understand a thing! All I got was 'augs augs klär'
LOL! The pronunciation is horrific!
As for someone stating the title fits the song, I agree
Der song ist definitiv scheiße, so richtig scheiße..

Last edited:
twinklEE;3284127 said:
She was saying 'Ich bin bin mir absolut klar?'
I didn't understand a thing! All I got was 'augs augs klär'
LOL! The pronunciation is horrific!
As for someone stating the title fits the song, I agree
Der song ist definitiv scheiße, so richtig scheiße..

Ich wusste nichtmal, dass das Deutsch sein soll?? Ich versteh nur Bahnhof, weil ich optisch an der Unterwaesche haengengeblieben bin- 'I was born this way'- nackt, oder wie, oder was? :D:rofl:
Ausserdem wird mir immer solidarisch kalt, wenn ich jemanden so nackt tanzen sehe vor schwarzem Hintergrund.

*goes and checks how much of her crucifix she can fit into her mouth without smearing the lipstick- that's an art form in itself perhaps*

Ich wusste nichtmal, dass das Deutsch sein soll?? Ich versteh nur Bahnhof, weil ich optisch an der Unterwaesche haengengeblieben bin- 'I was born this way'- nackt, oder wie, oder was? :D:rofl:
Ausserdem wird mir immer solidarisch kalt, wenn ich jemanden so nackt tanzen sehe vor schwarzem Hintergrund.

*goes and checks how much of her crucifix she can fit into her mouth without smearing the lipstick- that's an art form in itself perhaps*
u crack me up LOL! I agree though!!! :rollin:

Back