Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, *Update Post 164*

Re: Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, hear it here first

I don't know why it's like that. I am kind of envious of Gaga fans. They get to enjoy the excitement and thrill of waiting for a new song. I wish we had that too. I only heard Hold My Hand on the radio once. I wish Michael's songs would be on the radio more. I am still waiting to see if a 2nd single will get released where I live.

I know it's silly to feel that way because we were lucky to get what we did. I just miss Michael. :(

I feel exactly the same way. And when those fans compare her to Michael I just get so furious. If Michael was still here he would of outshined Lady Gaga. He don't have a chance now.

No offense, but statements like this irk me. NO ONE WILL EVER REPLACE MICHAEL JACKSON OR MADONNA. They are both irreplaceable. They are forever ingrained in pop culture and their contributions to it will never be matched. NEVER. What many don't understand is, it doesn't matter who comes along and breaks their records. It doesn't matter if they outsell them (fat chance) or win a bazillion awards... Michael Jackson and Madonna are personify what it is to be a pop star. They are larger than life and showed the world what it is to be a pop star and then surpassed it to become megastars. They became bigger than music or image. MJ and Madonna are the last of the true legends. Who can you name that came after their era who is a legit legendary star of their caliber? Beyonce? Britney? Yeah right! Those days are long gone. Fame ain't what it used to be. MJ and Madonna had to work very hard to become what they are. Fame today doesn't even really require talent. Nowadays most are famous for being famous. Reality stars rule the world. It's really sad when you think about it. Listen to me... I sound ancient and I haven't even turned 30. HAHA!

P.S. I've read some of the comments about Madonna getting lots of respect for her talent, but I honestly don't believe that for a second. Why? Because I've been a fan since I was a child and have watched television and browsed the internet long enough to know better. No, she never came close to MJ's woes (though the backlash in the mid 90's was rather harsh) and the media has become nicer over the years, BUT, Madonna's talent and legacy won't truly be recognized until she has left this earth. So yes, the media has softened up but Madonna can't adopt children, make a speech in honor of MJ, or do anything remotely nice without having her motives questioned.

Look at this place for instance. Often times when Madonna gets mentioned, the insults fly in. They range from her being a bad singer to a talentless whore. I will never forget how many members here raked her over the coals for her MJ speech. Her intentions and words were completely taken out of context. I'm not saying it's a constant thing or that everyone is guilty of this, but it is a definite reality. Her talent and place in history often gets downplayed. I don't know how many times I've had to defend Madonna against eager Janet fans. Yikes! It got pretty brutal at times. I've even had my fandom for MJ questioned because I'm a Madonna fan too (as if it's some sort of crime). None of that is happening in this thread but I think that has to do with the fact that she's the lesser of two evils (Gaga).

Great post Travis. This post and Travis's experience should be used as an example of how "not" to react toward another person and Artist of whom they are a fan of, regardless of you/us liking them or not.

I am guilty myself of calling Madonna an 'Ice Queen in the past and a few other things, off the cuff, but beneath it all, I've always admired her and bought her music, and of late have come to appreciate her even more.
What I'm not liking though, is seeing things repeat themselves. Like Madonna has been attacked in the past, now Gaga and her fans are being attacked with pointless disdain and regardless of anyones feelings. I've read things on threads on this forum, Gaga fans being called "stupid" and "without musical taste" for liking her new song. I've seen the same posters go on the attack on any thread containing the name "Lady Gaga", whilest spewing their venom at her, and adding nothing of opinionated interest, but rather adding insult to injury. I'm not Lady Gaga's biggest fan or anything, but as a Michael Jackson fan I've been on the recieving end myself for many years, as have a lot of MJ fans. So then to come on here and see Madonna or Gaga or any Artist attacked to the point of downright rudeness and insult, is surely hypocrictical and a massive double-standard.
I've seen fans on here been banned for their opinion on the 'Michael album (without insulting anyone), for merely not liking the album or of being of the opinion that 3 of the albums tracks are questionable.
So it's ok to be up in arms about Michael Jackson and take offense to anything that sounds remotely like a hint of a difference of opinion, but with regards to anyone else, it's a case of insult and attack them, in a free for all, much as you want, type of way.
I've also had my own fandome of Michael Jackson questioned on here a few times and have found myself feeling the need to defend myself,as a fan of MJ for the better part of 30 years because I didn't share someone's opinion that he was "perfect" or "the best at everything" for example.
Yeah music isin't what it used to be. Yeah Artists aren't what they used to be, but as Bob Dylan said, over 40 years ago 'the times, they are a changin' and thats not the fault of Lady Gaga or any singular Artist that happens to be born into this day and age. What has happened to 'not only music but everything is a great number of things including society and how it's changed, the evolution of technology, media, and music itself and how it's produced/distributed/consumed in an age where everything is at your fingertips and you can reach someone on the other side of the world in an instant.
I'm not saying I think it's wrong for people to have opinions. That is the whole point and it's what makes for great debate and conversation. But to attack and insult in the process of an opinion, and adding attack and insult after the original point has been made in further posts again, and having nothing to add further more, is only then for the sake of being spiteful and nasty, and surely, it's understandable that, thats not nice for the person/people on the recieving end.

On topic (well, sort of): Am I the only one who wonders what Lady Gaga dresses like on Halloween? Wouldn't it be funny if she just wore jeans and a t-shirt for once? :lol:

[youtube]1rJqKb5DYjY[/youtube]

She is a very good student of the school of redoing what has already been done.

People can and should enjoy her music; people shouldn't make her music or act to be something it is not--original and groud-breaking. Music sales now are as much about the person-sometimes only about the person-than the music itself.

I really could not listen to this whole song. It hurt my ears and I am not exxaggerating. Oh well. Maybe at a future time, I can listen and give a more rounded view of the single. But as for now, the thumbs down seems appropriate for me.

Oh no when I first herad it I kinda like it but now, I think I'm not going to ever like the new lady gaga's song ever agian! :( :mello:

Great post Travis. This post and Travis's experience should be used as an example of how "not" to react toward another person and Artist of whom they are a fan of, regardless of you/us liking them or not.

I am guilty myself of calling Madonna an 'Ice Queen in the past and a few other things, off the cuff, but beneath it all, I've always admired her and bought her music, and of late have come to appreciate her even more.
What I'm not liking though, is seeing things repeat themselves. Like Madonna has been attacked in the past, now Gaga and her fans are being attacked with pointless disdain and regardless of anyones feelings. I've read things on threads on this forum, Gaga fans being called "stupid" and "without musical taste" for liking her new song. I've seen the same posters go on the attack on any thread containing the name "Lady Gaga", whilest spewing their venom at her, and adding nothing of opinionated interest, but rather adding insult to injury. I'm not Lady Gaga's biggest fan or anything, but as a Michael Jackson fan I've been on the recieving end myself for many years, as have a lot of MJ fans. So then to come on here and see Madonna or Gaga or any Artist attacked to the point of downright rudeness and insult, is surely hypocrictical and a massive double-standard.
I've seen fans on here been banned for their opinion on the 'Michael album (without insulting anyone), for merely not liking the album or of being of the opinion that 3 of the albums tracks are questionable.
So it's ok to be up in arms about Michael Jackson and take offense to anything that sounds remotely like a hint of a difference of opinion, but with regards to anyone else, it's a case of insult and attack them, in a free for all, much as you want, type of way.
I've also had my own fandome of Michael Jackson questioned on here a few times and have found myself feeling the need to defend myself,as a fan of MJ for the better part of 30 years because I didn't share someone's opinion that he was "perfect" or "the best at everything" for example.
Yeah music isin't what it used to be. Yeah Artists aren't what they used to be, but as Bob Dylan said, over 40 years ago 'the times, they are a changin' and thats not the fault of Lady Gaga or any singular Artist that happens to be born into this day and age. What has happened to 'not only music but everything is a great number of things including society and how it's changed, the evolution of technology, media, and music itself and how it's produced/distributed/consumed in an age where everything is at your fingertips and you can reach someone on the other side of the world in an instant.
I'm not saying I think it's wrong for people to have opinions. That is the whole point and it's what makes for great debate and conversation. But to attack and insult in the process of an opinion, and adding attack and insult after the original point has been made in further posts again, and having nothing to add further more, is only then for the sake of being spiteful and nasty, and surely, it's understandable that, thats not nice for the person/people on the recieving end.

I completely agree with you. Most modern music seems to be dismissed as "mainstream crap" here.

Gaga may not be everyone's cup of tea, but she writes her own material, plays various instruments, appreciates her fans, always puts on a show and has never lip-synched. I'm not surprised Mike (supposedly) liked her, and chose to work with RedOne.

She's going to massive for a while, so people may as well appreciate her and stop hating.

Thank you for understanding. This is a point that seems to go over so many peoples heads. Actually, I don't think it does, many simply choose not to care. As MJ fans, we have been subjected to so much abuse that it made many of us bitter and angry. Unfortunately, it's made many behave in the exact opposite of what being an MJ fan is actually about - L.O.V.E. No, not everyone has to like or appreciate Madonna, Gaga, Katy Perry, or whatever other pop star there is out there... but we also don't have to treat them like scum and dismiss everything they do. I couldn't count how many times I've read comments about various arts the likes of "She has no talent, her voice is awful, she can't write, her music is garbage, I can't even finish listening to the song without vomiting, etc". There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an opinion but we must learn how to better express ourselves without hurting other people. It makes US look bad as MJ fans. It comes off as bitter and even envious to others. I am a HUGE fan of Madonna and have been abused by MJ fans over the years. I'm not asking for sympathy, but rather empathy. I'm also a Gaga fan. I don't think she's the second coming and I'm not going to force her down anyone's throat BUT at the same time it's discouraging to see so much hatred towards her. The only thing that I could say negatively about her is that she can be over confidant at times. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does give the haters ammunition. Often times things Lady Gaga says is taken out of context. The original message is lost. That happened all the time to MJ. Sure, MJ would never say things about himself the way Gaga does, but his words did get twisted. I think you all get the point. Again, thanks for understanding.

About the song, I definitely hear a mash-up of a couple songs or more, and Madonna is all over it but it doesn't stop me from admitting that it's very catchy. I'm sure it will be a smash hit (I think it already is). It's certainly not the worst song ever and I must say that I do like the message and the intention of making everyone feel good about being who they are. No one else is really doing that (other than Katy Perry). Well, at least not as directly as Gaga is. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:

^ @ Azza and Travis. The problem is that some think that the more they put others down the more of an MJ fan they must be. Whether it be Madonna, Gaga, Janet, Lisa Marie, Oprah or even other fans. Some are so filled with vitriol and anger it's clouded the message that Michael tried to convey.

I'm no huge Gaga fan but Godammit she's interesting and gives it all and for that we should be grateful.

I feel exactly the same way. And when those fans compare her to Michael I just get so furious. If Michael was still here he would of outshined Lady Gaga. He don't have a chance now.

I don't think she would have been famous if MJ was alive. 2009 was supposed to be his year and who would have paid attention to just dance and poker face when MJ is performing 50 shows and considering how he had plans for like 2010 to 2012, I think most of the media's attention would have been on him.

My poor baby...

I heard it on the radio yesterday at the nail bar... that background noise/music really makes my ears hurt. I am not exagerrating, it really does.

I heard it on the radio yesterday at the nail bar... that background noise/music really makes my ears hurt. I am not exagerrating, it really does.

I know I've yet to listen to the whole thing. It's just a CLASH. Three quaters of the song is the worst. That's when I turn it off.

Like her or not, she is obviously interesting and gets people talking. I mean, Twitter's going wild - she's just arrived at the Grammys in a see-through coffin/incubator for the Born This Way performance. Maybe it's attention seeking, but it is brilliant publicity.

Well ...I heard it once ... and twice ... and three... :no: I really don't like it and it's even tiring to hear it - my favourite radio broadcasts it a dozen times a day :doh: - I'm at the point where I turn off the button as soon as I recognize the intro

Listening to it a bit more...it's not awful, it's decent. But it's not a classic either.

I don't think she would have been famous if MJ was alive. 2009 was supposed to be his year and who would have paid attention to just dance and poker face when MJ is performing 50 shows and considering how he had plans for like 2010 to 2012, I think most of the media's attention would have been on him.

My poor baby...

I think that's a little far fetched. Plenty of people were famous before MJ's era, during, and now after. No disrespect, but Lady Gaga was already famous before MJ passed away. I really don't see the correlation. She came out in '08 and by '09 her songs were everywhere. And let's be real here... Yes, had MJ have lived, we would have had an amazing concert experience... but an album? Doubtful. MJ was nowhere near being ready to release a new album. The "Michael" album is proof enough of that.

*sigh* The song is very underwhelming with all the hype she and her team have put into it.
I mean "Put your paws up"? Really?

I don't understand why everybody needs to praise her for writing her own songs and playing the piano. There are many artists who do write their own songs (and better ones imo) but don't get the praise for it like she gets. (For instance Pink, Bruno Mars,even Taylor Swift etc.) Also nobody mentions that she cowrote many ofher songs but when other artists cowrite it all of a sudden doesn't count.
Also many artists can play instruments but don't get the praise for it like she gets. (Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake plays piano and guitar during his shows,etc.)
Matter of fact even Justin Bieber can play the guitar, play the drums and play the piano.
Yet nobody gives him praise about that. But when it comes to this girl it's supposed to be mindblowing that she does that. It's very annoying.

The whole she sings live thing should stop too. Can anyone name one artist out there right now that doesn't sing live? Seriously, besides maybe Britney is there anyone?
Matter of fact she uses a backing track to sing along to at her shows.
Back in the days of teenpop even groups like Nsync and BSB sang everything live while dancing a whole lot and had a whole live band on stage with them. People like Christina have that too (and Justin on his last tour did as well) but I'm supposed to be impressed by the fact that she sings live? How backwards is that.
Don't get me wrong I think artists should sing live and good for her that she does but why is this constantly used as way to show how "mindblowing,great" she is?

It just shows how low the bar has been set. Boybands got so much crap but even they sang everything live with a full band and could sing accapella on the spot. As a singer you should be able to do that afterall. It's sad that nowadays that is used as a selling point instead of people demanding it.

Not only that a large part that is working against her are many of her diehard fans.
How many videos have any of us watched where there weren't at least a few of " This person copied gaga!" of "Gaga is way better!" etc.
Not only that they tear down any other artist to big up their favorite everywhere they go. And now the media is starting to do it too.
In the Vogue interview she did the writer called Janet, Madonna and Britney manufactured but tried to act like Gaga isn't, like seriously? She is the person with the fakest image out there right now. I know her whole story is that she isn't but anyone who thinks about it and really looks at the information that is out there it doesn't take much to see through all of it.

It's so stupid how she get's a pass for everything she does.
Kanye West get's all this crap for being arrogant, yet it's perfectly fine when she acts arrogant and pretentious. That's a double standard that is starting to annoy more and more people.
Christina got hated on so badly for her video that looked like Madonna and a lot of Gaga fans were all over that, but once people point out (like they are doing with this new song) when Gaga blatantly copies (and she has copied a whole lot not just Madonna) it's all of a sudden an "Homage" or "Tribute". It's Bs.

Let me just say this if she wasn't so desperatly trying to convince the public that she is high art and would just perform and be humble a lot more people wouldn't feel so strongly against her. She constantly puts her foot in her mouth and gets away with it.
At least when Madonna did it you could see she was genuine and actually that strongminded.
With Gaga everything she does comes off as forced.
I mean who goes around saying "For an eccentric person I'm actually quite.."(sorry forgot how the quote ends but that part isn't the point)
A genuine eccentric person doesn't go around calling themselves that.
And there are many more examples from her like that.

Look to end this post many people seems to be getting tired of being spoonfed by the media and herself to believe she is something that she is not. In the future? Who knows. Right now though she is not any of the things people claim her to be and even what she herself claims to be. (Superhuman? Genius? Boundary pushing? When?)
If people want to like her for having catchy songs? Go right ahead. No problem with that.
But the overpraising is just too much. I haven't seen an artist being this overrated in a long time.
I don't hate her though. I just don't care for her.

FYI appariantly several radio stations in America have been getting negative feedback on this song already so I'm not sure this will have a long lasting life on the charts.
Also Youtube views for this song mean nothing really. With all the hype they put into it and now the Madonna comparisons of course people want to hear it. Doesn't mean they like the song though.

Last edited:

^^By the way sorry for my long post lol. I guess there was just a lot to respond to in this thread.

*sigh* The song is very underwhelming with all the hype she and her team have put into it.
I mean "Put your paws up"? Really?

I don't understand why everybody needs to praise her for writing her own songs and playing the piano. There are many artists who do write their own songs (and better ones imo) but don't get the praise for it like she gets. (For instance Pink, Bruno Mars,even Taylor Swift etc.) Also nobody mentions that she cowrote many ofher songs but when other artists cowrite it all of a sudden doesn't count.
Also many artists can play instruments but don't get the praise for it like she gets. (Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake plays piano and guitar during his shows,etc.)
Matter of fact even Justin Bieber can play the guitar, play the drums and play the piano.
Yet nobody gives him praise about that. But when it comes to this girl it's supposed to be mindblowing that she does that. It's very annoying.

The whole she sings live thing should stop too. Can anyone name one artist out there right now that doesn't sing live? Seriously, besides maybe Britney is there anyone?
Matter of fact she uses a backing track to sing along to at her shows.
Back in the days of teenpop even groups like Nsync and BSB sang everything live while dancing a whole lot and had a whole live band on stage with them. People like Christina have that too (and Justin on his last tour did as well) but I'm supposed to be impressed by the fact that she sings live? How backwards is that.
Don't get me wrong I think artists should sing live and good for her that she does but why is this constantly used as way to show how "mindblowing,great" she is?

It just shows how low the bar has been set. Boybands got so much crap but even they sang everything live with a full band and could sing accapella on the spot. As a singer you should be able to do that afterall. It's sad that nowadays that is used as a selling point instead of people demanding it.

Not only that a large part that is working against her are many of her diehard fans.
How many videos have any of us watched where there weren't at least a few of " This person copied gaga!" of "Gaga is way better!" etc.
Not only that they tear down any other artist to big up their favorite everywhere they go. And now the media is starting to do it too.
In the Vogue interview she did the writer called Janet, Madonna and Britney manufactured but tried to act like Gaga isn't, like seriously? She is the person with the fakest image out there right now. I know her whole story is that she isn't but anyone who thinks about it and really looks at the information that is out there it doesn't take much to see through all of it.

It's so stupid how she get's a pass for everything she does.
Kanye West get's all this crap for being arrogant, yet it's perfectly fine when she acts arrogant and pretentious. That's a double standard that is starting to annoy more and more people.
Christina got hated on so badly for her video that looked like Madonna and a lot of Gaga fans were all over that, but once people point out (like they are doing with this new song) when Gaga blatantly copies (and she has copied a whole lot not just Madonna) it's all of a sudden an "Homage" or "Tribute". It's Bs.

Let me just say this if she wasn't so desperatly trying to convince the public that she is high art and would just perform and be humble a lot more people wouldn't feel so strongly against her. She constantly puts her foot in her mouth and gets away with it.
At least when Madonna did it you could see she was genuine and actually that strongminded.
With Gaga everything she does comes off as forced.
I mean who goes around saying "For an eccentric person I'm actually quite.."(sorry forgot how the quote ends but that part isn't the point)
A genuine eccentric person doesn't go around calling themselves that.
And there are many more examples from her like that.

Look to end this post many people seems to be getting tired of being spoonfed by the media and herself to believe she is something that she is not. In the future? Who knows. Right now though she is not any of the things people claim her to be and even what she herself claims to be. (Superhuman? Genius? Boundary pushing? When?)
If people want to like her for having catchy songs? Go right ahead. No problem with that.
But the overpraising is just too much. I haven't seen an artist being this overrated in a long time.
I don't hate her though. I just don't care for her.

FYI appariantly several radio stations in America have been getting negative feedback on this song already so I'm not sure this will have a long lasting life on the charts.
Also Youtube views for this song mean nothing really. With all the hype they put into it and now the Madonna comparisons of course people want to hear it. Doesn't mean they like the song though.

I agree with everything you said.

I don't like the song. I think its really bad.

Apparently she arrived at the grammy's inside a giant egg! Idiot!0

LOL @ her grammy awards arrival. she is pissing me off so much. as if she wasnt drawing enough attention already :|

^^By the way sorry for my long post lol. I guess there was just a lot to respond to in this thread.

I agree with everything you've said thus far. I know another poster attempted to say that us dissidents are supposed to be 'venomous' or 'haters', or whatever. However, neither of those things are true. The fact of the matter is that, when people are arrogant twats, they're going to piss a lot of people off, especially when they place themselves upon some sort of pedestal and praise themselves until the cows come home. This, of course, is worsened by the lack of any exceptional talent, so that at the end of the day, Germanotta is just another mediocre singer/pianist who thinks too highly of herself. The thing is, I wouldn't be nearly as disgusted as I am with her and her chillingly deluded 'hardcore' fanbase if the lot of them learned the meaning of the word 'humility.' (It gets especially hurtful/humiliating/pathetic when a sixteen year old boy with more talent than her can show more humility,class, and self-control than she can, and she's supposed to be the adult here.)

It is true that those idiots (this being directed at the people who actually do this, not at everyone who likes Germanotta.) go around tearing apart artists who are far superior to their 'mother monster,' such as Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears. At every turn, they seem to accuse others of 'copying Gaga,' but when others point out the manners in which their beloved object has copied others [which are many and varied, making up almost the entirety of the act], they all the sudden get their panties in a bunch. You want to talk about double-standards, about unfairness? Well, there you go. Don't deal it if you can't take it, I say. Cry me a godd@mn river, huh.

Perhaps the worst part about the entire thing is the frightening aspect of just how easily a large group of young people can be impressed and manipulated. They actually think she cares about them--which is clever business on her part, I'll give her that. They fall into that whole 'little monsters' trap...yeah, little monsters so long as I get your money, no? All that is fair and good business, however, it speaks volumes of the utter idiocy of our youth. Yes, idiocy. Not an opinion, but a fact. If you can't see that for what it actually is, and actually believe in those words, as so many really do (I've seen things, man...
_frightened__by_Taimotive.gif
), you need help. That's pure pathology, right there--one thing is liking her, being a fan, even, and enjoying her work (which is perfectly fine and healthy), and another thing is to actually borderline worship this woman, and believe in what she tells you for the sole purpose of selling CD's as truth. I don't think Gaga would have the intention nor the talent necessary to steer them in any important direction...but my point is, if even she can twist them around like that, imagine what someone who does have the means, intention, and talent to wholly manipulate these people could do? Truly frightening aspect of human nature.
blankstare.gif

However, the part of it all which I take personal offence to is...that this woman claims she 'represents' the outcasts, those who are misunderstood by society, etc...by dressing in stupid outfits and crooning about...what everyone else in the pop music industry sings about (sex, partying, fame, money.) That's really quite a slap in the face, because there is nothing extraordinary or different about this woman--and this is reflected by her fanbase as well, which is mainly composed of...those who fit in and are society. If she truly represented and appealed to those who are misfits, she wouldn't be anywhere nearly as popular as she is now. The fact that she's the most popular artist at the moment pretty much discredits all her statements. Ironic? No. Expected. Why? Because she's neither eccentric, nor revolutionary. Gaga/Germanotta is the status quo, she is society, she is common--and she is slapping every one of us who truly have been kicked around by society in the face by claiming to represent us. I spit on that with disdain. (So, yes, for me, it's personal. It's not 'hating', as so many people like to claim in order to write dissidents off.)

The fact that she hangs on to the coat-tails of the gay rights movement and exploits it to gain popularity in an attempt to appear 'risque' and 'new' (when most mainstream celebrities happen to support gay marriage/rights, anyway, and other artists/groups who are more talented and better than she is [t.A.T.u. comes to mind] have been supporting the gay rights movement before it was the 'popular' thing to do...) also disgusts me to no end, not only because I happen to be bisexual, but because it really bewilders me that so many within the movement actually fall for her crap. Do they not realize that they are being used? I guess not.

As for hurting other people's feelings...I really don't give a damn about that. The truth is far more important than people's feelings. The truth shouldn't even hurt their feelings--the only way it would do that is if they know they are actively deceiving themselves. For example, one of my favourite things in life is Ke$ha. I adore her. However, were someone to tell me that she's a mediocre singer and artist, I wouldn't get angry at them. Evidence pretty much shows that statement to be true. Their words wouldn't make me love her any less, but...am I really going to claim that someone who sings about growing a pear and brushing her teeth with a bottle of jack is one of the best artists to have ever graced the stage? No. Why? Because I'm not delusional--that argument would go down the tubes in an instant, as it would if someone were claiming that a person who sings about their poker face and not answering their telephone qualifies as one of the greatest artists to have ever graced a stage. Truly quite ludicrous.

Anyway, to the poster who wrote his piece about us dissidents, there's my perspective. I'll leave you with one final statement: If Germanotta wasn't so set on hurting those of us who have been social outcasts, riding on the coat-tails of the gay rights movement to up her fame, and being so virulently arrogant and deluded about her own self-worth, I'd leave her entirely alone...like I do the other mediocre singers whose music I don't like, but who at least have the decency of keeping their egos more-or-less at bay, accepting what they are, and not claiming to represent social misfits when all evidence points otherwise (Bieber, Cosgrove, Tisdale, Brown, Hilson, Minaj, etc.)

I don't hate Lady Gaga. When Just Dance and Poker Face came out I liked it. As others have said I don't see humility and all that. There is nothing wrong with believing in yourself but you don't want come across arrogant. Maybe she isn't but it's hard to not think that. I am not a Madonna fan but I do like some songs. If I was her fan i would be annoyed seeing copies of past things now. Gaga seems to get annoyed with the comparison but you can't help but notice that either.

Oh god, I love the fact that she came to the Grammy's inside an egg! Her performance was great too. I love the fact Ricky Martin introduced her. Very symbolic!

All in all, great. :)

2lkwpyq.jpg

I hope people stop all the Gaga hating. I remember in the 90's when Madonna had that backlash with the Sex book and videos. Michael had backlashes too. Like Madonna and Michael, Gaga is only human and if you saw her 60's min interview tonight, all she showed was intelligence and humility.

Last edited:

However, the part of it all which I take personal offence to is...that this woman claims she 'represents' the outcasts, those who are misunderstood by society, etc...by dressing in stupid outfits and crooning about...what everyone else in the pop music industry sings about (sex, partying, fame, money.) That's really quite a slap in the face, because there is nothing extraordinary or different about this woman--and this is reflected by her fanbase as well, which is mainly composed of...those who fit in and are society. If she truly represented and appealed to those who are misfits, she wouldn't be anywhere nearly as popular as she is now. The fact that she's the most popular artist at the moment pretty much discredits all her statements. Ironic? No. Expected. Why? Because she's neither eccentric, nor revolutionary. Gaga/Germanotta is the status quo, she is society, she is common--and she is slapping every one of us who truly have been kicked around by society in the face by claiming to represent us. I spit on that with disdain. (So, yes, for me, it's personal. It's not 'hating', as so many people like to claim in order to write dissidents off.)

I completely agree with all of this....You've explained her in a nutshell....

I hope people stop all the Gaga hating. I remember in the 90's when Madonna had that backlash with the Sex book and videos. Michael had backlashes too. Like Madonna and Michael, Gaga is only human and if you saw her 60's min interview tonight, all she showed was intelligence and humility.

I wouldn't have a problem with her if she showed honesty and true humility, for once in her life. I saw that Sixty Minutes piece, and wasn't at all impressed. Perhaps we have different standards for what qualifies as "intelligence" and "humility." The long post I wrote above should pretty much tell you why I have such a bone to pick with her. It has nothing to do with 'hating', as you put it, and everything to do with her using people to advance her own agenda, and claiming to represent people who want nothing to do with her.

Apparently she arrived at the grammy's inside a giant egg! Idiot!0

Incubator/egg = Born This Way.

Have some respect for other artists instead of calling them idiots, especially as a Michael Jackson fan. It just seems to hypocritical with the stuff we have to go through.

Back