Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, *Update Post 164*

I think the hostility was due to the fact that the poster in question has only posted three posts, the majority of which have to do with their love/admiration of Gaga or whatever, and their own personal like of Gaga more than Michael on the post everyone here seems to have a problem with. The one post this person has made about Michael goes as follows:

Looking at the context of the post in question and the poster in question's history--there's much reason for suspicion/outrage. One at least questions what the above poster is doing on a Michael Jackson fan forum spewing love for Gaga and saying Michael will never be well liked/loved/respected because of the allegations. It seems to me as though they'd be more at home at: http://www.ladygaga.com/forum/

...so no, it's not crazy at all, at least in my humblest of opinions, and everyone's reactions appear to be appropriate. Had the Gaga love been voiced by someone with more posts (as of now he/she only has 3 posts) and time spent on the forum, I doubt people would have reacted the way they did in this instance.

I hear you! Fair enough I guess.

I just don't like hostility in general and I've seen too much on MJ forums where someone dares like another artist as much/more than Michael and are vilified for it.

^That's a phenomenon that seems to occur in every fan forum. They're bashing Britney Spears in the Gaga forums as we speak, some people are even going so far as to urge others not to buy her new single. It's just part of human nature, I guess.

That sig is priceless! ^

And yeah, let's buck that trend and show the world how it's done. MJ fans should represent the same kind of love and acceptance that the man himself did. There's room enough in the world for everyone and it doesn't all have to be one big competition.

I seen this video for the first time ...I was really like..."oh my"......she has gone way over the deep end this time. I was actually kind of offended by it...

Re: Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, hear it here first

I like the song & the meaning behind it. The video, with the strange giving birth scenes.. not so much..but nevermind. :)

She did seem to have a MJ reference from 6.43 where she is walking down the street like MJ in Billie Jean or The Way You Make Me Feel & has white sparkly socks & black shoes & all the sparkles flying from the socks.. there is also Madonna after.. Gaga has a tear rolling down her face & gap in her teeth.

And this .......

Anyone who can inspire this is ok with me:

AWWH!

I seen this video for the first time ...I was really like..."oh my"......she has gone way over the deep end this time. I was actually kind of offended by it...

If you don't mind my asking, what do you find offensive about it? I don't see anything offensive in it, but then again, you're talking to an amoral little wretch, so give us your perspective, if you please.

I am by no means a Gaga fan, and many here can attest to that, but I am curious to see how someone could find something like that video offensive.

Last edited:
I think the hostility was due to the fact that the poster in question has only posted three posts, the majority of which have to do with their love/admiration of Gaga or whatever, and their own personal like of Gaga more than Michael on the post everyone here seems to have a problem with. [...]

...so no, it's not crazy at all, at least in my humblest of opinions, and everyone's reactions appear to be appropriate. Had the Gaga love been voiced by someone with more posts (as of now he/she only has 3 posts) and time spent on the forum, I doubt people would have reacted the way they did in this instance.

That's precisely the reason - the main one, anyway, for some reactions on here.

I find that I am analyzing the video so much that the message of the song is getting passed me. I don't think the video matches the song. I am no video expert or anything. I find these days in general that the videos are missing like "story" of the song. That's just me and how I feel.

I would like to know why everything she does is accepted and loved by the media. I am not asking this to be mean or a hater. If anyone else came to the Grammys in an egg can you imagine what people would say? I find they are portraying her like she can do no wrong. I think that isn't realistic. She is a human being. I find some people are treated harshly for small things and others it's no big deal. I don't want people to think badly of me if I don't like everything or accept everything she does because the majority does. I hope I am making sense if not I can try again.

I would like to know why everything she does is accepted and loved by the media. I am not asking this to be mean or a hater. If anyone else came to the Grammys in an egg can you imagine what people would say? I find they are portraying her like she can do no wrong.

They are bowing to the same god... Sorry, late hours, and I realize this sounds like what an old crippled lady would say, but I mean it, too.. Lots upon lots of non-arbitrary outrageous testimonies and occult symbols she's chockful of, to sum her up in few words, that's what really pleasing to a mind-controlling oriented music industry/government.

and they say Michael was the weird and creepy!!!!!!!!!! why in the world the media says nothing about her? this isn't fair =(

Gaga's look is marketing, showbiz, quite different to Michael. He didn't go out wearing masks, pajamas, etc to make headlines. That's the difference. If you watch footage and pictures of Gaga before fame, you can see just an ordinary girl. Now she says, she was treated like a freak. BS! It's showbiz only.

^I agree, but that's hardly her fault. The media's hyping her up so they can later knock her down.

That's the scary thing. The media is nobody's friend.

Off topic, I love your Michael/Loreal. That puts a big smile on my face thanks.

I find that I am analyzing the video so much that the message of the song is getting passed me. I don't think the video matches the song. I am no video expert or anything. I find these days in general that the videos are missing like "story" of the song. That's just me and how I feel.

I would like to know why everything she does is accepted and loved by the media. I am not asking this to be mean or a hater. If anyone else came to the Grammys in an egg can you imagine what people would say? I find they are portraying her like she can do no wrong. I think that isn't realistic. She is a human being. I find some people are treated harshly for small things and others it's no big deal. I don't want people to think badly of me if I don't like everything or accept everything she does because the majority does. I hope I am making sense if not I can try again.

You make perfect sense. I asked the same question myself. Why the outrageous attention-seeking behaviors of Lady Gaga are generally accepted?

Compare to the meat dress and the egg entrance, Janet's wardrobe malfunction, Katy Perry's too revealing attire in the Sesome Street episode and Christina Aguilera's error in the national anthem seem to be kindergarten stuff. Yet, the media makes a big deal.

Back to the video itself, I saw it once and I don't like it at all. The video is pretentious. The vibe and the imagery are aesthetically upleasant. The different components are just thrown together. There is no consistent storyline.

It seems Lady Gaga's video is getting more and more graphical. I'm curious what she will do next.

Gaga's look is marketing, showbiz, quite different to Michael. He didn't go out wearing masks, pajamas, etc to make headlines. That's the difference. If you watch footage and pictures of Gaga before fame, you can see just an ordinary girl. Now she says, she was treated like a freak. BS! It's showbiz only.

Sorry for getting off-topic.

But, I just want to say Michael didn't wear facial mask and pajamas in public to make headlines.

Michael had health issues to deal with. He had valid need to wear facial mask. As for the pajamas, the media just blew the incident out of proportion. Michael had never done anything just for the sake of seeking attention.

Sigh... To quote Al Sharpton, there is nothing strange about Michael, it's starnge what Michael had to deal with.

You make perfect sense. I asked the same question myself. Why the outrageous attention-seeking behaviors of Lady Gaga are generally accepted?

Compare to the meat dress and the egg entrance, Janet's wardrobe malfunction, Katy Perry's too revealing attire in the Sesome Street episode and Christina Aguilera's error in the national anthem seem to be kindergarten stuff. Yet, the media makes a big deal.

Back to the video itself, I saw it once and I don't like it at all. The video is pretentious. The vibe and the imagery are aesthetically upleasant. The different components are just thrown together. There is no consistent storyline.

It seems Lady Gaga's video is getting more and more graphical. I'm curious what she will do next.

Thanks for the examples. If she did those things I think people would talk about it but it would be no big deal and it would be okay. I don't understand that. What applies to others should apply to her as well. I feel bad for those who get backlash for something not so big. There should be a balance. I have no idea what she will do next but I am sure her album will do well.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you find offensive about it? I don't see anything offensive in it, but then again, you're talking to an amoral little wretch, so give us your perspective, if you please.

I am by no means a Gaga fan, and many here can attest to that, but I am curious to see how someone could find something like that video offensive.
I think because I am in the older crowd I take offense to alot of the sexually explicit gestures....even though I am from the Madonna era..and I like Madonna..I really didnt like all her gestures either....I think GaGA has a nice voice...imo...I just think she is a little over the top for my tastes..thats all..:)

^Ah, yeah, I can see how that would be a problem. It seems stupid on her part, to ruin a song with a good message with, as you put it, sexually explicit gestures, and half-naked dancing in unflattering outfits, and the half-baked alien story, which she never develops or explains...so it is entirely pointless in the end. I think someone else beat me to it, but whatever happened to videos with actual stories behind them? Now, it seems like the point of making videos is to make cheap attempts at shocking audiences with uncreative sexually explicit material (i.e. this, Rihanna's stuff, and pretty much about everything else being churned out in this day and age.) I'm no prude, in fact, I'm a great admirer of de Sade, but...even sexually explicit material should have a point/purpose--to make it just pointless imagery is, well, pointless.

I guess I'm just fuming over the fact that Gaga stole the whole "I'm an alien" idea from Venetian Princess, who, like, came up with it ages ago:

.../jk.

^Ah, yeah, I can see how that would be a problem. It seems stupid on her part, to ruin a song with a good message with, as you put it, sexually explicit gestures, and half-naked dancing in unflattering outfits, and the half-baked alien story, which she never develops or explains...so it is entirely pointless in the end. I think someone else beat me to it, but whatever happened to videos with actual stories behind them? Now, it seems like the point of making videos is to make cheap attempts at shocking audiences with uncreative sexually explicit material (i.e. this, Rihanna's stuff, and pretty much about everything else being churned out in this day and age.) I'm no prude, in fact, I'm a great admirer of de Sade, but...even sexually explicit material should have a point/purpose--to make it just pointless imagery is, well, pointless.

I guess I'm just fuming over the fact that Gaga stole the whole "I'm an alien" idea from Venetian Princess, who, like, came up with it ages ago:

.../jk.
I agree you...she really does have alot of talent...I wish she would use some of that pent up sexual energy that she has and put it into her wonderful voice....I bet she would come up with a masterpiece video....with her clothes on..:lmao:

I haven't seen the video but this is actually the first Lady Gaga song that doesn't irritate me. I find it kind of... catchy and nice. :mello:

^My recommendation is, if you like it at present, don't ruin your present perception by watching that god awful video...unless you're into aliens, sexually suggestive scenes and half-baked storylines with no redeeming explanation. If so, go right ahead. I do concur with you in that the message, for once, is a good one.

^Her behaviour is pretty ordinary to me (albeit desperate-looking, in my humblest of opinions), and I'm not her fan. People are just impressionable.

^Yeah, I am. She dresses in funny outfits and pulls stunts for attention. She's no different than the teenagers at the mall who dress in "weird" outfits and run around trying to get people to look at them. They're plainly ordinary, and desperate in their attempts at distinction, just like she is, in my humblest of opinions. It's kind of sad, really.

People who are different don't need clothing or eggs to prove it. In fact, most truly exceptional people seem to despise attention--because they're so different from ordinary people that to have their focus on them makes them panic, because they're scared and don't comprehend 'normalcy'. It's quite interesting, really, and most of them tend to not be aware of just how exceptional they are, or if they are aware of it, their distinction is often a source of insecurity/fear, and not confidence, as people would imagine.

Gaga has a very big heart like Michael did. I think people need to forget her crazy outfits and see what she's really like in real life. She wears the crazy getups because it's "art" , but her songs are more important and I think her songs are great. I also love her voice. I like how down to earth she is. I like how kind she is to her fans.

I think she is so misunderstood, like Marilyn Manson was back in the day.

Off topic for sec: Has anyone heard the new Britney single Till the World Ends? I absolutely love it :p!

Last edited:
^No, I have not. Will do that now, though. Thanks for reminding me!

As for Gaga having a big heart, I would have to disagree. Despite her as of now huge star power, she has done surprisingly little to help those in need of people's help. That's just my perspective, though. I think the most memorable charitable effort she's done is the MAC lipstick campaign to raise money to fight AIDS, which is good and laudable on her part, but she's pretty much on par with all the other celebrities who support the occasional charity/cause. Since you brought Michael up, I'll say he had a big heart, because it was obviously a personal thing for him to end world suffering--it was something he deeply cared about and actively pursued throughout his life.

As for Gaga being 'down-to-Earth', there's much footage of the opposite to counter that statement, but I guess you can have your opinion, so I'll leave it at that.

I would like to add, she seemed surprisingly 'normal' in regards to clothing during the majority of her life, so the whole 'it's art' thing seems fake to me. What it is, the way I'm seeing it, is marketing...and it definitely works. However, and I think this needs to be said, people should look past others' clothing and stop judging people based on physical appearance/style, and instead focus on their character/lack thereof. Your pointing out that people make a fuss of her clothing at times prompted me to raise that point--it's a sad fact of society, but she exploits people's shallowness and provokes them with her outfits, thus upping her publicity, and that's brilliant marketing right there.

Last edited:
^Yeah, I am. She dresses in funny outfits and pulls stunts for attention. She's no different than the teenagers at the mall who dress in "weird" outfits and run around trying to get people to look at them. They're plainly ordinary, and desperate in their attempts at distinction, just like she is, in my humblest of opinions. It's kind of sad, really.

People who are different don't need clothing or eggs to prove it. In fact, most truly exceptional people seem to despise attention--because they're so different from ordinary people that to have their focus on them makes them panic, because they're scared and don't comprehend 'normalcy'. It's quite interesting, really, and most of them tend to not be aware of just how exceptional they are, or if they are aware of it, their distinction is often a source of insecurity/fear, and not confidence, as people would imagine.

I agree with the second part of your post, but irregardless of whether her eccentric behaviour is genuine or not, it is certainly not ordinary. Ordinary people do not transport by egg, wear a meat dress to work or fly a plane in their lingerie.

Edit: about the post above, you and I are not in a position to judge whether she has a big heart or not. She might do a lot of charitable work that the public doesn't know about, like Michael did.

^I dunno--it doesn't take any talent or vision to wear your underwear at an airport--anyone can do it. Furthermore, it's not eccentric to be carried in an egg, or wear a dress made out of meat--these are things anyone can do. I don't recommend doing them, though. :p I guess it depends upon your definition of 'eccentric', and my definition of that word is not embodied in superficial things like clothing, but rather in something beyond human comprehension, a work of true art, something exceptional, inexplicable, etc. I could go on for ages, but I'll spare you all, lol.

It seems to me that Gaga is an exhibitionist (duh!) I guess, if I had to pick one word to describe her behaviour, that would be it. Most eccentric people, from my observations, are extremely introverted/shy, because they're so different from normal people they're sort of afraid of them. Gaga seems to have no such fear, as she enjoys public attention like most celebrities of her caliber do.

As for her doing 'secret' charity work--you're right in saying we don't know, however, seeing as she's the current media darling and an obvious exhibitionist who relishes in being the center of attention, I'd say the chances of that are slim to none. Hiding stuff is difficult to do when you're a celebrity (even we got wind of Michael's charity work--someone had to report on it, as we didn't stalk him), especially when you're a celebrity who loves attention, like Gaga. So, until further evidence is presented, she'll be right with Hamburger Helper endorsers and all other half-hearted celebrity charity efforts. I'm not judging her--not everyone's a philanthropist. It's her life, she should do what she wants.

It's amazing how some people can berate others from their high horse for making assumptions and judgements about MJ, and yet do the exact same thing themselves.

Back