Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, *Update Post 164*

^^i guess one is not a hater by simply having an unfavorable opinion on a video.

detractors? does lady gaga have any? she's the media darling thesedays. if another artist came up with this video, the artist would have been bashed relentlessly by the media, parantal watch groups...

Look at this topic, of course she has detractors! The internet is filled with Gaga haters. I admit the media is in general favorable to Gaga, but even that I feel is changing. They are building her up to watch her fall. That is something that definitely separates Gaga from Madonna. Madonna had to work for years and years to prove herself and gain industry respect (and still doesn't totally have it). I'll give you guys that.

did she say it was a tribute to MJ? :unsure:

I thought of Rock with you, anyway, you know, the sparking clothes.... but I am not sure. I mean, not EVERY sparkling cloth can be seen as a MJ tribute, it's just me and my crazy love for Michael :lol:

I have wondered the same thing. How do we know that is about Michael? The white gloves? It could be about something else. I feel dumb not noticing what others seem to. It's nice if it is about him.

^^i guess one is not a hater by simply having an unfavorable opinion on a video.

detractors? does lady gaga have any? she's the media darling thesedays. if another artist came up with this video, the artist would have been bashed relentlessly by the media, parantal watch groups...

Totally, LIM.

0_0 No offense to anybody, but it does take some reason and morals as well to be concluding all that about her videos without being a hater. Gaga is loved by the media, for they're worshiping the same god. It's unbelievable how can one/so many be appreciative of this much evident graphicly supreme lowness as Gaga is promoting. Don't expect some to be appreciative of some who blatantly and ostentatiously mock the church, wear inverted crosses on her genital area, dance around virtually naked and brainwashes many. Tough for some to swallow this bitter pill, but true. I guess nothing is that offensive to some these days, save the truth.

Wow, I personally voice MY opinion and get attacked. I'm entitled to voice that I prefer her over MJ in a Lady Gaga thread, discussing her new song and video. I didn't even bash MJ, wow.

Every single day, I'm more and more impressed (and taken more notice) with Gaga's extreme talent/artistry/vision ever since, sadly to say, MJ died that it made me realize how much she's becoming my ultimate favorite artist. I think she's amazing and think she's an amazing, incredible live performer.

I still have some love for MJ but he's not my favorite anymore.

So, why did you register on a Jackson forum? To profess your love of Gaga over Jackson? It's quite offensive to be stating how MJ's death made you realize how much you appreciate Gaga... not him. You have 'some' love for MJ, good for u, but it's weird you only have 3 posts yet in which you speak of your love of Gaga, certainly you can't really expect people not to at least wonder. ..

Wow, I personally voice MY opinion and get attacked. I'm entitled to voice that I prefer her over MJ in a Lady Gaga thread, discussing her new song and video. I didn't even bash MJ, wow.

Every single day, I'm more and more impressed (and taken more notice) with Gaga's extreme talent/artistry/vision ever since, sadly to say, MJ died that it made me realize how much she's becoming my ultimate favorite artist. I think she's amazing and think she's an amazing, incredible live performer.

Sorry, you feel you were being attacked, but the love fans like myself have for MJ cannot be eclipsed by Gaga or ANYONE!!!

It's just not possible, in fact it IS a laughable notion, especially when you consider we have four decades of his artistry, and there's less than 4 years of LG's.

However, I have had "ultimate" favorites who were replaced by someone else. That's probably because they were a faze for me, where I was totally obsessed with them for a while, and then wasn't, still liked them, but didn't give them much thought one way or the other.

But when it comes to MJ...he OWNS me...I'm irrevocably hooked...always have been, always will be.

I'm starting to prefer her over MJ. I'm just amazed by her, her presence. She's extraordinary. I love her. Her artistry, vision, what she believes in/stands for is inspiring. I Just love her complete devotion to her fans (little monsters). Everything she does is for them.

Love the song/video.

LMAO, wrong forum?

In any case, personal preference is wholly a matter of opinion, as the term itself suggests--but to say this in a Michael Jackson forum is wholly amusing, albeit gutsy of you, I will admit. Thanks for the laugh.

Look at this topic, of course she has detractors! The internet is filled with Gaga haters. I admit the media is in general favorable to Gaga, but even that I feel is changing. They are building her up to watch her fall. That is something that definitely separates Gaga from Madonna. Madonna had to work for years and years to prove herself and gain industry respect (and still doesn't totally have it). I'll give you guys that.

The internet is filled with people who 'hate' (?) a lot of things. It's simply probability--I mean, there's over six billion people on the face of this pale blue dot, are we truly expected to like the same things? It seems a fanciful thought, but a highly improbable one. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it has merit, or vice versa, and in the case of popular music people, you're bound to find people who think them to be all sorts of things, from 'the greatest thing that ever happened to me' to 'plain, boring, fake, and entirely a chore to observe.' I don't particularly think not finding something to be to your liking accounts as "hating", but it seems to be the popular tag to sum up people who don't find someone one likes to be as great. Moreover, I don't think threads should be kept 'fans only' unless the forum itself is pro (insert thing here.) (i.e. if we were in a Gaga fan forum, it wouldn't make sense to post that she sucks, that could be seen as unwelcome, since the entire point of that forum would be to voice one's liking of her.) It seems to me like whenever one starts a thread about something, that subject is up for 'debate', and thus one can voice both agreement and disagreement with the topic being discussed--then there are the annoying people like me who like to debate about various things ad infinitum, just for sh-ts and giggles, basically. :p

I do agree that the media is setting Gaga up to fall--I wonder if she knows--it's so painfully obvious. The higher they rise, the harder they fall, especially when it's so entirely premature, almost 'undeserved'--I put that in quotes because she has done some hard work, so I don't want to say she doesn't deserve recognition for what she's done, but the grand sum of her fame can pretty much be accounted to media hype (very much like Bieber, and all others who seem to have come from nowhere and become household names faster than we could trace), which is why it's skyrocketed the way it has so quickly--the only way that can be done is through the media's gears, so it seems as though her present state is more a result of their actions than her own, because they have her end in mind, as you have so cleverly pointed out.

In any case, yeah--Internet is full of X 'haters.' My favourite being: http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Hate-Dr-Phil/78461

It happens--we're human, we don't all like the same things, and the more popular something is, the more obnoxious it will seem to a lot of people.

Actually, this isn't too bad, but all Gaga lacks the 'je nais sais quoi' magic that Madonna's always had.

Basically,,i like GaGa and i like the new concepts,,,but yes NO 'je nais sais quoi' at all !!! ....this magic seems to be as something God stopped providing since 1958 !

@ gerryevans ,,,, me too sis , me too :p

But when it comes to MJ...he OWNS me...I'm irrevocably hooked...always have been, always will be.

So very well said.

Michael is dear in my heart. I don't just listen to Michael. I appreciate other great artists. But, when it comes to the one that I'm passionate about, Michael is one and only. :wub:

You are entitled to your opinion. There is nothing wrong in preferring Lady Gaga over Michael. What's wrong is you willingly signed up for the Michael Jackson fan forum, entered into the forum and left a post that is not considerate to other Michael Jackson fans.

Let's say I have tickets to a Lady Gaga concert, I'm not going to her concert with a banner that said "I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON. I PREFER HIM OVER LADY GAGA. HE'S THE KING. HE'S THE BEST. LADY GAGA, I JUST HAVE SOME LOVE FOR YOU." It's simply inappropriate for me to do so. By doing so, I would have annoyed the Lady Gaga fans. Right?

I also would not go to a bar filled with home town sports team fans wearing an opponent team's jersey and cheering for the opponent team.

It's important to have consideration.

This is always going in the same place - Michael is only in my heart.. blah blah we know this.Who said he isn't! Comment about Gaga, stop comparing to Madonna or Michael.. because you are the ones who hate that she's being compared to them.

I hate how everyone else but her in her videos are like puppets. I think I might be a Gaga hater, because I hate her music, it's all the same. She's way to overrated and all the stuff she does that resembles the evil and satanic ways scares me.

Last edited:
You are entitled to your opinion. There is nothing wrong in preferring Lady Gaga over Michael. What's wrong is you willingly signed up for the Michael Jackson fan forum, entered into the forum and left a post that is not considerate to other Michael Jackson fans.

Let's say I have tickets to a Lady Gaga concert, I'm not going to her concert with a banner that said "I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON. I PREFER HIM OVER LADY GAGA. HE'S THE KING. HE'S THE BEST. LADY GAGA, I JUST HAVE SOME LOVE FOR YOU." It's simply inappropriate for me to do so. By doing so, I would have annoyed the Lady Gaga fans. Right?

I also would not go to a bar filled with home town sports team fans wearing an opponent team's jersey and cheering for the opponent team.

This this and this. Yeah, alm I'm happy for you. But that's enough now thanks.

I just heard this song for the first time and all I can say is:

WTF This is plagiarism!

How can she rip off "Express Yourself", a song of one of the must succesful (and one of the best IMO) recording artists ever?
Gaga, please understand: YOU'RE NOT MADONNA AND RIPPING OFF HER SONGS WON'T CHANGE THAT!

And I will never look into this thread or another thread again relating to this overdressed comic figure, that's for sure!

I think I may be in minority opinion in voicing that I (personally) don't think the video is strange or creepy. What it is, from my perspective, is absolutely pointless--almost as bad as the 'Alejandro' video, which, let's face it--was created with the sole purpose in mind of 'shocking' audiences. That attempt, in my opinion, ruined the video for an actually good and catchy song. I reckon the same can be said about this video (except, as you will recall from last thread over, I hated the song), except this seems to be a rather unsuccessful attempt to look strange/different/unique judging by the rather half-baked storyline and irritating mispronunciation of simple words like 'infinite.' Sorry, but no cigar on this one.

I agree with Tony R in that Gaga lacks the je ne sais quoi that Madonna and others have.

@Nonoka: Gaga is a mainstream pop music 'artist.' None of her stuff is going to be original. The record companies control everything she and everyone else they sign do musically (and conspiracy theorists would argue, everything from what they sing to what kind of cereal they eat in the morning.) :p

They purposely make it so that the "new" stuff will be more-or-less a rip-off of older stuff...they try to combine the 'new' with the familiar, so that audiences will lap it up like puppy dogs--as they do. I think that's pretty self-evident. It's good marketing, and certainly not coincidental.

If you want original, if you want artistic, look elsewhere. Mainstream won't cut it.

Again, lots of making sense, thank you.

It's not that some get irritated that some prefer other artists over Michael, it's a free world (theoretically at least), and, for one, I don't care whether Michael is now loved or not, only care that others see him in a better light, more accurately, but it only gets irritating when expressing / proffessing love for somebody as your first posts on a forum that's dedicated to someone else. .. And to others, it gets irritating when one is preferring Gaga (one commonly known to disrespect Christianity and.. yeah, God, too, in her videos) over a God-loving person (however imperfect, though) Michael was. One just has to show some more respect for the viewers/fans, too, they're called 'little monsters', that's not really affectionate, for Gaga is often posing as a monster herself and delights in becoming one over and over. We need more angels in this world, not monsters in an increasingly decaying world, more role models, not some pushing their own savage non-conformities, like certain sexual orientations (no matter which) in ostentatious, explicit manner via 'boundless freedom', like Lady Gaga is doing. That's where some's beef with her starts of right. When God is insulted and mocked, that's the most important thing. Who could use the world when your soul is lost and you're inspiring others to do the same? ...

WTF This is plagiarism![/B]

How can she rip off "Express Yourself", a song of one of the must succesful (and one of the best IMO) recording artists ever?

I read in a forum someone say that he/she thinks that this whole similarity between the two songs was a publicity stunt. I have to agree.I think it was a deliberate choise gaga's first song from her new album to sound similar to that of Madonnas. The discussions that it created was the best free publicity ever. Whoever thought of it is very smart.

^IDK, Alma. My dislike of her stems from the media and the general populace lauding her as "original" when all she's doing is going for the same things everyone else is going for, standing up for the things which everyone else glorifies, thus being thoroughly mediocre in word and deed and nothing more than a mainstream music industry tool. That perception is less Gaga's fault and more the media's and the general public's fault, though.

However, I can see how someone who ascribes to Christianity would find a problem with her. She claims to be Christian, though--which in itself is laughable, seeing as everything she does seems to be the complete anti-thesis of Christianity. Again, that's not the first time we've seen this...the same could be said of Miley Cyrus and others who have made the same claim and done the opposite of what they state they believe in. If anything, people like Gaga and Cyrus seem to be nothing more than the reflection of culture today, since the majority of Western people ascribe to Christianity as their religion of choice, yet deviate from its mandates every chance they get, it seems.

At least I'm honest about being an amoral, atheistic little wretch. :p

^IDK, Alma. My dislike of her stems from the media and the general populace lauding her as "original" when all she's doing is going for the same things everyone else is going for, standing up for the things which everyone else glorifies, thus being thoroughly mediocre in word and deed and nothing more than a mainstream music industry tool. That perception is less Gaga's fault and more the media's and the general public's fault, though.

That's true, as well. I highlighted the Christian view mostly in my argumentation, for that was the most serious deviational pattern she seems to display. But I totally see your point.

However, I can see how someone who ascribes to Christianity would find a problem with her. She claims to be Christian, though--which in itself is laughable, seeing as everything she does seems to be the complete anti-thesis of Christianity. Again, that's not the first time we've seen this...the same could be said of Miley Cyrus and others who have made the same claim and done the opposite of what they state they believe in.

Isn't that a fact?... How can one be Christian, at the same time promoting the things she does and disrespecting the church like that by swallowing rosaries as a fake nun covering one-eye (occult symbolism)?.. It's beyond me/some others. ...

If anything, people like Gaga and Cyrus seem to be nothing more than the reflection of culture today, since the majority of Western people ascribe to Christianity as their religion of choice, yet deviate from its mandates every chance they get, it seems.

Yeah, this downright deception (which many don't even recognize) they project is really tired, it certainly means their Christian knowledge is poor, or they've been seriously, maybe irreparably 'converted' and mix things up like crazy. ..

At least I'm honest about being an amoral, atheistic little wretch. :p

Don't remind me.... Can I, please, call you a gnostic, at least? ...

:p

I'm starting to prefer her over MJ. I'm just amazed by her, her presence. She's extraordinary. I love her. Her artistry, vision, what she believes in/stands for is inspiring. I Just love her complete devotion to her fans (little monsters). Everything she does is for them.

Love the song/video.

Crazy that you're attacked for this post, especially as there was nothing derogatory said against MJ.

I love my Mum very much but I'm allowed to love my Dad that much as well, it doesn't take away for my love for Mum.

That's true, as well. I highlighted the Christian view mostly in my argumentation, for that was the most serious deviational pattern she seems to display. But I totally see your point.

Well, she's not deviating from the norm--in fact, my point, is that she is so the norm that it's utterly nauseating. She, and others, are the status quo--because they're what's popular. She's deviating from her own beliefs, if what she says about her being a Christian is true, but she's upholding the norm in everything she says and does.

Alma said:
Isn't that a fact?... How can one be Christian, at the same time promoting the things she does and disrespecting the church like that by swallowing rosaries as a fake nun covering one-eye (occult symbolism)?.. It's beyond me/some others. ...

I don't know. Their actions are pretty irrational and it makes them look pretty stupid. I wonder if she's ever even read the Bible--she seems to know surprisingly little about her religion, despite having attended a Catholic school. The same can be said about the supposedly 'deeply' religious Cyrus family, though--their lives have gone down the sh-tter, lol. What I hate the most is dishonesty, really--you can't go around doing the things these people do, and then trying to coo popular opinion by claiming to be 'a good Christian girl' in the end, lol.

Alma said:
Yeah, this downright deception (which many don't even recognize) they project is really tired, it certainly means their Christian knowledge is poor, or they've been seriously, maybe irreparably 'converted' and mix things up like crazy. ..

Maybe they're confused? :p

Alma said:
Don't remind me.... Can I, please, call you a gnostic, at least? ...:p

No, I'm an atheist.

Crazy that you're attacked for this post, especially as there was nothing derogatory said against MJ.

I love my Mum very much but I'm allowed to love my Dad that much as well, it doesn't take away for my love for Mum.

I think the hostility was due to the fact that the poster in question has only posted three posts, the majority of which have to do with their love/admiration of Gaga or whatever, and their own personal like of Gaga more than Michael on the post everyone here seems to have a problem with. The one post this person has made about Michael goes as follows:

alm860 said:
Well all these artist do have an advantage. Michael Jackson will never be well liked/loved/respected cause of the child molestation allegations. Even though Michael was acquitted but to many, he's guilty. Michael is not as popular like he once was.

Looking at the context of the post in question and the poster in question's history--there's much reason for suspicion/outrage. One at least questions what the above poster is doing on a Michael Jackson fan forum spewing love for Gaga and saying Michael will never be well liked/loved/respected because of the allegations. It seems to me as though they'd be more at home at: http://www.ladygaga.com/forum/

...so no, it's not crazy at all, at least in my humblest of opinions, and everyone's reactions appear to be appropriate. Had the Gaga love been voiced by someone with more posts (as of now he/she only has 3 posts) and time spent on the forum, I doubt people would have reacted the way they did in this instance.

Back