Lionel Richie: Michael Jackson's Kids Under Pressure, Could Pursue Careers in Music

Moulin Rouge

Proud Member
By Hollie McKay

Prince Jackson was slated to make his stage debut alongside his father Michael Jackson during his comeback tour in London last year, and while that moment never came due to Michael's death, his close friend Lionel Richie still believes a career in music is very possible for the 13-year-old.

“Blanket, 8, is a little too young, he’s a little overwhelmed with the whole scene but I think if anyone’s going to do it, it will be Prince. Paris, 12, is of course just a sweetheart,” Richie told Pop Tarts at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s “All for the Hall” fundraiser in Los Angeles last week. “But it’s so much pressure. I remember when Nicole (Richie) was growing up everyone was like, ‘are you going to be a singer?’ and the answer was just no. It was so much pressure. I didn’t push her.”

Richie also said that Jackson’s three children, who just started attending school for the first time in their lives this year (they were previously homeschooled), are finding the experience “great”, and he just hopes that they don’t succumb to the pressure of having to be like their father, should they decide to tackle entertainment industry careers.

“We will discover in the future if that’s what they want to do, but what a great legacy to come from,” he continued. “But when you come from such a heavy beginning, sometimes we expect too much so we’ll see.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-michael-jacksons-kids-pursue-careers-music/

I just hope no one puts any damn pressure on them, but for some reason I don't think they can escape that.

God, let them do whatever they want. I'm sure at some point 1 of them will pursue a career in music, I have a feeling it will be Blanket. But not till he is a lot older. 15 or 16 at least.

I hope none of the kids will start a music career.
Let them live in peace and without all the pressure their father had to deal with.

I just hope no one puts any damn pressure on them, but for some reason I don't think they can escape that.
yeah agree. they should do whatever they want with not having being pushed. as mj said they can be whatever they want but whatever they do make sure they are the best.the can be a bin man but be the best man there is.

I think Prince is more interested in being a film director, than a musician and entertainer like his dad Michael at present.

yeah he seems to have been into that since day one

I think Prince is more interested in being a film director, than a musician and entertainer like his dad Michael at present.

Yes, I agree. Just NO pressure. They have been through alot and it's only been a little over a year. They are still so very young.:angel:'s

Wise words from Lionel Richie. No child should have to be pressured into doing something they don't want to do, especially at such a young age. Most of us start getting seriously questioned about our career when we're like 16 if that.

I think it's good that the kids are showing potential, but agree that they shouldn't be pushed into anything. They're bright children who've had it tough over the past 16 months; they're coping extremely well as far as we know, and it's normal for the media, as well as Michael's friends and relations, to speculate about what the kids'll do when they grow up. I have a feeling that even if they are pressured into following certain paths, they'll cope OK.

At least, I hope so.

The kids should do whatever they want to do when they want to do it. Let them do school and be kids, like their dad wanted for them. Whatever they decide they'll always be making their daddy proud.

I believe Michael was *suppose* to bring all his kids on stage to introduce them to his fans on TII. I don't think Prince was going to "perform" like the article makes it sound like.

Anyway, I hope they are never pressured. The signing of the belt buckles was sickening enough as it was...

Back