LMP on Oprah 21/10/10 All Discussion Here - UPDATE Video's Start On Page 63

Have you gained respect for Lisa after watching this interview? Do you forgive/understand her now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i honestly think that was just another one of her lies when she said he called her in 05 during the trial cause when she went on GMA @ the end of march of that yr diane sawyer asked lmp if she'd heard from mj or ifs he's called her and she specifically said no...
YouTube - '05 Lisa Marie Presley on GMA
(3:28)
now if im not mistaken the trial was over in the beginning of june 05 and lmp said @ the end of march 05 she hadnt heard from him... when exactly around that time period did he call her then and want to know if he still loved her, and cried, and told her all that personel information about who was out to get him, when she went on oprah that yr and trashed him to the wrld, or when she went on howard stern and trashed him again, or was it when she went on the australian tv show and said 'i saw things i couldnt do anything about' and then was considerd as a witness for the trial after she made that statment in 05:
YouTube - '03 Lisa Marie on Michael Jackson
(2:03)
even though it sounds pretty couragous for her to say something like that i think she was more tryna make it seem like a fairytale and make it seem like he was still in love w/ her or something and was tryna get back w/ her to make the fans jealous and also because she knows there are fans out there who really stupid enough to think they had a fairytale but i dont see if mj would be stupid enough to call her up around that time especially after she said she saw things she coudnt do anything about and the prosecutors thought she was referring to the allegations(even jermaine outed her out on lkl when she had said that). she had already proven she was untrustworthy 2yrs prior when she started promoting her 1st album going on her 'trash mj/tlk show bandwagon' and she continued the same yr he was on trial if he really did call her i think it was more "why the f*ck are u trashing me to the media around this time and telling them u saw things" instead of "do u still love me?? u were right all along crap" and all that crap about him tellin her who was out to kill him i doubt he got that personel w/ her, she always said around the time he was on trial that she had no idea what was going on w/ him, she didnt follow the trial and that she wasnt in contact w/ him, and now she changes her story saying he was calling her letting her know what was going on and who was out to kill him... if that was tru she shouldve said it back then not just change her story after the man dies when he cant defend himslf

I agree with Tsukiji... I thought it was a pretty good interview. If you look at it from a standpoint of someone who isn't a fan and won't scour interviews or hang on every word that is spoken ready to point out negatives then I back what Tsukiji said.

It's not a negative on the fans part really, it's just that I think a lot of people here are conditioned to zero in on the bad side of article or interview based on previous experiences. I'll probably have one or two people dislike what im pointing out in this post but it's most likely true, or at least how I see it.

She does talk about drugs, and thats not a subject comfortable for anyone, MJ fan or not... but don't forget a great deal of the interview shows a side of Michael that a lot of people denied he was capable of experiencing - maybe even some fans!

. it was unfair of her to speak for her husband, and she can't be using the wife card to essentially walk all over him. ...

That why apart of me wishes michael lockwood could come out and say what he feels but i guess maybe it best he doesnt. I dont know..

i honestly think that was just another one of her lies when she said he called her in 05 during the trial cause when she went on GMA @ the end of march of that yr diane sawyer asked lmp if she'd heard from mj or ifs he's called her and she specifically said no...

You know...I don't understand how you can think that Lisa (or anyone for that matter) is just going blurt out whatever detail of their private life on a random tv show. We, as MJ fans, KNOW how the media will twist things, put every word under a magnifying glass and exaggerate. It's possible that Lisa didn't want to share private conversations between her and Michael and therefor said she had not spoken to him. Perhaps she didn't want to be involved in anything, or simply wanted to protect him, and herself. Also, she said they spoke in 2005....I dont recall her saying they spoke during the trial.

For this Oprah interview, Lisa said she wanted to sit down and specifically speak about Michael and his death, to clear up some things. She said she was ready to talk about whatever, and provide answers. There's a difference between being on Oprah and speaking about MJ by choice, and being on a random tv show and being asked about Michael by nosey reporters or tv hosts just wanting to get the dirt while you're really there to talk about yourself and your album coming out for example.

Fans may think they know anything and everything, but truth is we only know what we were told by either media, Lisa Marie or Michael. Fact is, we were not with them while they were married and therefor we have no idea what really went on. Since Michael is no longer here (and wasn't gonna tell us anything about the marriage anyway) we should be thankful that Lisa is giving us that tiny glimpse of Michael as a husband, as a human being. If it helps make him more 'human' to the general public, then I'm happy. Cause they never saw him as a human being while he was alive.

To me the whole interview as pointed out by other posters was self serving on LMP's part. It was all about her and how she felt. I agree she has alot of daddy issues and has transferred alot of those negative feelings onto Michael. I truly think Oprah is just the same. LMP will never fully apologise- becaause for that she would have to admit she was wrong, and like Oprah, her ego would never allow her to do that.

You know...I don't understand how you can think that Lisa (or anyone for that matter) is just going blurt out whatever detail of their private life on a random tv show. We, as MJ fans, KNOW how the media will twist things, put every word under a magnifying glass and exaggerate. It's possible that Lisa didn't want to share private conversations between her and Michael and therefor said she had not spoken to him. Perhaps she didn't want to be involved in anything, or simply wanted to protect him, and herself. Also, she said they spoke in 2005....I dont recall her saying they spoke during the trial.

For this Oprah interview, Lisa said she wanted to sit down and specifically speak about Michael and his death, to clear up some things. She said she was ready to talk about whatever, and provide answers. There's a difference between being on Oprah and speaking about MJ by choice, and being on a random tv show and being asked about Michael by nosey reporters or tv hosts just wanting to get the dirt while you're really there to talk about yourself and your album coming out for example.

Fans may think they know anything and everything, but truth is we only know what we were told by either media, Lisa Marie or Michael. Fact is, we were not with them while they were married and therefor we have no idea what really went on. Since Michael is no longer here (and wasn't gonna tell us anything about the marriage anyway) we should be thankful that Lisa is giving us that tiny glimpse of Michael as a husband, as a human being. If it helps make him more 'human' to the general public, then I'm happy. Cause they never saw him as a human being while he was alive.

I completely agree..

The only thing i dont understand is why she chose Oprah for this interview but i dont dislike Lisa herself.
We honestly have no idea what we are talking about, we werent there.

Of COURSE. And, if there is any doubt now about Oprah's motivations, watch how she was the one who directed the conversation back, and back, to the topic of DRUG-USE. I shudder at what she will ask Katherine, and the children!

This was LMP's opportunity to make things right, and to defend Michael in death as she never did in life. Surely she KNOWS there is a criminal trial coming up for Murray? In that trial, the defense will try to paint a portrait of Michael as a drug-addled junkie. It's a weak defense, but attacking his character is all they've got. She KNOWS Michael was murdered, but yet she threw him under the bus. Oprah continuously guided the topic back to drug use. LMP didn't say she ever SAW Michael taking drugs, but yet that is the image she portrays of him. Why she found that necessary at this critical time, I have NO idea. There are time in life when we must make pivotal choices, and this was one of those. Now, her choices are part of her own history.

With a trial coming up, if any still doubt that she threw him under the bus, consider that she SAID her father's death and Michael's were IDENTICAL! No, they were not! She really did say that, for an audience of millions. She strongly implied, if not said, that his 1995 collapse was due to a drug-overdose. It was NOT, and his doctor at the time said it was not, at a tv press-conference. She also failed to speak out strongly that he would never be capable of harming a child. IMHO, she's done a lot of damage, now. For those who do not know Michael as his fans do, that's all they will know of his private-life. That Michael overdosed just like Elvis (he did NOT), and that his own wife wasn't certain if he ever molested children. It's so very, very sad, that she felt the need to speak out at all, much less BEFORE Murray's trial!

She had an opportunity to defend him, and she failed at that. Michael was a gentleman, and never talked in public about their marriage. The very best thing LMP could have done at this time to respect his memory, was to say absolutely NOTHING.

He reached out to her in 2005, during the worst period of his life, asked her if she loved him, and she told him she was INDIFFERENT? I will never forgive her for making Michael cry, at such a devastating time. There are different kinds of love, including love-in-friendship. Surely she could have done that much for him?

She said that Michael TOLD her he thought there were people out to kill him for the ATV catalog and for his estate. And then she refused to name names? She needs to step right up and do so. Michael isn't here to speak for himself, but she should now relate to someone, what Michael thought about his life being at risk. She could have done so much good for his legacy and for his children's futures, and she chose otherwise.

Michael, wherever you are, I'm just so very sorry. You deserved better. . .

I would like to say THANK YOU for this. You have said the things I have been thinking since watching that interview. While her talk about feelings and love were great to hear, they were more than overshadowed by all the references to addiction and drug use. I couldn't believe she said that watching the Bashir debacle she said Michael was high. I mean that was filmed over a period of 8 months. So he was "high" for all that time? Or what?
She has given the defense a gift with this interview. IMO.

Why should this interview be given any more credence than her previous ones?

Lastly Oprah reminds me of that saying (and I paraphrase): If you don't have anytning good to say about Michael Jackson, come, sit beside me....

""Geraldine Hughes thoughts on the interview:

She took repeated blows at highlighting that Michael Jackson was on drugs, instead of his accomplishments, his awesome talent, his humanitarian efforts, his legacy and all of his accomplishments. I think Lisa Marie Presley did an awesome j...ob of letting us know her regrets of abandoning Michael and not being the wife or friend that she could have been. Michael himself admitted that he had an addiction to pain medication after the Pepsi burn incident, but I believe after he became a father, he was not only a good parent to his children, but only used prescription drugs to sleep. If I am incorrect, please enlighten me... But Oprah's news was completely outdated and did not protray Michael in the right light.""

I completely agree..

The only thing i dont understand is why she chose Oprah for this interview but i dont dislike Lisa herself.
We honestly have no idea what we are talking about, we werent there.

True.....I think she chose Oprah because millions of people around the globe watch her show. I think sometimes it's a matter of putting your personal thoughts aside and just doing it. I dunno.

It was all about her and how she felt.

Well, duh. What else would it have to be about? Seriously, the interview was announced to be about Lisa Marie, her take on Michael's death, her feelings about Michael's death and how she's dealing with it. What did you expect? Lisa talking about how to bake pancakes? Sorry, but I really, really don't get what some people's problem is.

The only bad thing about this interview is Oprah asking numerous questions about drugs, and Lisa making no effort to defend Michael and explain the "drugs", as to me it was probably 'just' painkillers and maybe propofol. And that was in 1994 - 1997.

Dutchie;3030000 said:

If you think this is good for you but not for me. Like I said she's a liar. When she found the time to call him ?? It wa when she was bashing on OP show?? 8 months before his death she had given an interview saying that her marriage with Mike was the worst mistake of his life, but today she decided to change his story, only to have his fans' attention. She keeps comparing his father with Mike. Elvis and Mike have had a different life. Elvis did not live his life being hounded by the media. Elvis has not suffered the mockery that Mike has undergone during the past 20 years of his life .Why is always Mike who is the villain in the story, she never? You think its normal to talk about his children and how they were conceived on TV? No for me it's not normal.

Lisa has no respect for others.

Then, two months after their divorce was final, it was announced in October 1996 that Debbie Rowe was pregnant with Michael's child—an act Lisa Marie calls "retaliatory."
She was there the whole time telling him that she would [have his child]," Lisa Marie says. "He would tell me, 'Debbie said she'll do it.' That's how he knew to handle it, 'If you're not going to do it, this person will.'"
"That's what you mean by 'disposable,'" Oprah says.
"Yes," Lisa Marie says. "That's exactly what I mean."

That's shows LMP's real attitude towards Michael, his children, his fans. That's shows what a mean and cruel human being she is. She doesn't care about how much Paris and Prince will be hurt when they hear that they were born by a "disposable woman" like "a retaliatory blow" to LMP. She hadn't right to say something like that. Most of all knowing what happened to Michael and that these children don't have any parent except Debbie. There are moments when people must think before they begin to speak.

To me the whole interview as pointed out by other posters was self serving on LMP's part. It was all about her and how she felt. I agree she has alot of daddy issues and has transferred alot of those negative feelings onto Michael. I truly think Oprah is just the same. LMP will never fully apologise- becaause for that she would have to admit she was wrong, and like Oprah, her ego would never allow her to do that.

:clapping:I agree with everything you said.
I am not surprise with the "manipulation" part from her, as day one of their marriage, her mather, family and friends constantly told her Michael was a manipulator, he just want her last name and Presley blood children. I don't think a stage kiss to stop the rumors of their troubled marriage was manipulation:no: , which Mrs presley love to use as evidence to call him a manipulator in previous interview.
I also don't believe she was totally honest about her reason of not having Michael's children, things she cannot say in public. Her mother and family played a big part on it, which also explained why she could left her first hunsband without thinking about her two little kids, and promised Michael 9 kids again after divorce.
I obsolutely agree she had transferred a lot of her father's issue on Michael, which had been proved she was wrong. anyway, this is just her perspective of Michael and their relationship. I am looking forward to Debbie's Version of story.

I just read the Shmuley's book again, good read.

Michael's legacy is his children, his music, and his love.

Last edited:
True.....I think she chose Oprah because millions of people around the globe watch her show. I think sometimes it's a matter of putting your personal thoughts aside and just doing it. I dunno.

Well, duh. What else would it have to be about? Seriously, the interview was announced to be about Lisa Marie, her take on Michael's death, her feelings about Michael's death and how she's dealing with it. What did you expect? Lisa talking about how to bake pancakes? Sorry, but I really, really don't get what some people's problem is.

The only bad thing about this interview is Oprah asking numerous questions about drugs, and Lisa making no effort to defend Michael and explain the "drugs", as to me it was probably 'just' painkillers and maybe propofol. And that was in 1994 - 1997.

Firstly, there is no need to be rude.
Secondly what I meant is there is no effort on LMP's part to empathise or understand Michael's point of view or thoughts or feelings in any of the issues she talked about, particularly the drugs issue. There was alot of 'I feel' 'I think'. Lisa is very wish washy with her 'thoughts' She gave no clarification and ammunition to those who are on the opposing side namely Murray. That is the last post from me on this matter.
I am outta this thread.

Firstly, there is no need to be rude.
Secondly what I meant is there is no effort on LMP's part to empathise or understand Michael's point of view or thoughts or feelings in any of the issues she talked about, particularly the drugs issue. There was alot of 'I feel' 'I think'. Lisa is very wish washy with her 'thoughts' She gave no clarification and ammunition to those who are on the opposing side namely Murray. That is the last post from me on this matter.
I am outta this thread.
Again, the "I feel" and "I think" are because the interview is about LISA MARIE, and HER FEELINGS, and HER THOUGHTS. I don't understand why you (and many others) have such a hard time understanding that.

The interview was not about the Murray trial, it was about Lisa Marie Presley, Michael Jackson's ex wife and how she feels about Michael's death, how it affected her and luckily she sheds some light on her marriage to Michael (which was none of our business, by the way, so we're lucky she actually did share those private details).

all of that quote from her is a loud of bull to start with. they were pretty much seperated when he became ill. the dr gave numerous press conferences about what mj was suffering from so for her to say she didnt know is ridiculous.i bet my bottom dollar this is her made up excuse for leaving him cause i bet when he was laying in the hospital bed he told her debbie was going to or was already pregnant with his kid. (the one she miscarriaged b4 getting pregnant with jr). just like the ambiguous statement in 04 that had sneddon running to her and her having to put out a statement making her look stupid she does it again. not giving a toss about how this may help murray and hurt mj. because mjs not here so it doesnt matter and he cant defend himself so the other side of the story will never be told. and once again it makes her look like miss little perfect who did nothing wrong and it was all mjs fault.while she bathes in all the attention she seems obsessed about no matter if mt means throwing mj under the bus. god shes classy:smilerolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
She did say she noticed things when he came from a doctor's office.....and she said she noticed on other instances too. So she DID notice some things.....and I don't know, maybe the 'drug' thing became a lot worse or more obvious when they were not together, and "from a distance" ?

He was out of it when he came from the doctor's you know what that is called? Being treated by your doctor. That is what that is called. Are you saying that you believe Michael went to the doctor's office to get loaded? And for the record Lisa herself said Michael was getting medical treatment done.

I wish someone would send Lisa the tapes from when the doctor spoke to the press about MJ's condition. She should apologize for that. Hopefully it will be brought to light at the trial.

One day, hopefully, Lisa will take responsibility for the choices she has made. Playing the Victim card is laughable and she is in no way his "widow."
Playing the "I was the love of his life" card is self serving and again, laughable. She and other people might want to think that...everyone loves a good fairy tale, but Michael made a concious choice after being married to LMP for a short period of time, he chose Debbie to have his children and not LMP. She may have begged, written letters to him, stalked him and obsessed over him, but he moved on and she needs to too.

LMP is trying to use her brief marriage to Michael to promote herself. Is it possible that she actually has convinced herself that those four years after the divorce were for the purpose of talking and maybe getting back together? MJs not stupid and would never have married her again nor had children with her. Did she actually think that by offering herself to him for sex that he would want her back? That is sad.

I always and forever will believe the words I heard (straight out of Michael's mouth) on the Shmuley tapes about who he loved. I believe no one else but Michael. Michael cautioned us not to believe what other's say or what is written, but believe only what we hear him say, and he said it, so I believe it. End of story.

I always and forever will believe the words I heard (straight out of Michael's mouth) on the Shmuley tapes about who he loved. I believe no one else but Michael. Michael cautioned us not to believe what other's say or what is written, but believe only what we hear him say, and he said it, so I believe it. End of story.
Can you please provide a link to those tapes, and a quote as to what was said exactly? Did Michael mention "Lisa Marie" ?

I agree with Tsukiji... I thought it was a pretty good interview. If you look at it from a standpoint of someone who isn't a fan and won't scour interviews or hang on every word that is spoken ready to point out negatives then I back what Tsukiji said.

It's not a negative on the fans part really, it's just that I think a lot of people here are conditioned to zero in on the bad side of article or interview based on previous experiences. I'll probably have one or two people dislike what im pointing out in this post but it's most likely true, or at least how I see it.

She does talk about drugs, and thats not a subject comfortable for anyone, MJ fan or not... but don't forget a great deal of the interview shows a side of Michael that a lot of people denied he was capable of experiencing - maybe even some fans!

Completely agree......

One day, hopefully, Lisa will take responsibility for the choices she has made. Playing the Victim card is laughable and she is in no way his "widow."
Playing the "I was the love of his life" card is self serving and again, laughable. She and other people might want to think that...everyone loves a good fairy tale, but Michael made a concious choice after being married to LMP for a short period of time, he chose Debbie to have his children and not LMP. She may have begged, written letters to him, stalked him and obsessed over him, but he moved on and she needs to too.

LMP is trying to use her brief marriage to Michael to promote herself. Is it possible that she actually has convinced herself that those four years after the divorce were for the purpose of talking and maybe getting back together? MJs not stupid and would never have married her again nor had children with her. Did she actually think that by offering herself to him for sex that he would want her back? That is sad.

Thanks to the link Justthefacts provided I just listened to what he said about Lisa and as far as the children thing they both said the same thing. He wanted kids, she didn't, and so the marriage ended.

Thanks for that. :)

I do want to add that there's always two sides to a story. Michael's telling his side, and Lisa is telling her side........the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. lol. Thought I tend to lean towards Michael's side more on this issue, for some reason :lol:

I totally agree with you.

You what he had said about her.

" after Michael's divorce from Lisa Marie, she desperately wanted to get back into his life. "Lisa Marie called him and said, 'Let's rethink this. I'm ready to have children,'" Rabbi Shmuley says.
The Jackson tape goes on to say, "After we got divorced, she would hang out with my mother all the time. I have all these letters she sent: 'I'll give you nine children. I'll do whatever you want.' And, of course, the press doesn't know of these stories. And she just tried for months and months, and I became too hardhearted at that point. I had closed my mind on the whole situation."
As we see he didn't say that they were together, he said that she was the one who wanted him to take her back and tried for months and months (which turned into years... )

LMP think we not read or even hear the shmuley tapes where mj said IN HIS OWN WRDS how lmp was basically begging him to take her back w/ all her letters and him hanging around his mom but that his heart was already closed out for her???? seems like everybody wants to take lmps wrd as if its the bible but we should just disregard the shmuley tapes where mj clearly said it was all lmp who wanted him back but that he didnt want her back though. just because u follow a man around the wrld 4 2yrs doesnt make u his girlfriend if he doesnt wanna be w/ u that makes u a GROUPIE STALKER i guess lmp couldnt except that he didnt want her back post divorce, she made herslf look like a desperate idiot chasing a married man around the wrld when he didnt even want her, only to go home to his wife and have kids w/, she still makes up and excuse that they were 'on and off' and 'tlking bout getting back together'... well no ive ive ready her mj in the shmuley tapes and the only 1 who was tlking bout getting back together was her and if lmp was in such a relationship w/ mj post divorce (as she claims) she certantly mustve forgotten bout her boyfried luke watson she dated from 97-99:
http://wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?i gi=63695&s=lisa marie presley&cbi=28435&sf ld=C&vwmd=e
http://wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?i gi=334&s=lisa marie presley&cbi=28435&sf ld=C&vwmd=e
and she deffinatly found time 2 get engaged to John Oszajca from 99-00:
http://lisamarie.at.infosee k.co.jp/lisa/lisa1199b.jpg
http://lisamarie.at.infosee k.co.jp/lisa/Lisa-24Oct2000-b.jpg

http://wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?i gi=1022&s=lisa marie presley&cbi=2131&sfl d=C&vwmd=e
http://wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?i gi=1020&s=lisa marie presley&cbi=2131&sfl d=C&vwmd=e
http://wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?i gi=493&s=lisa marie presley&cbi=2131&sfl d=C&vwmd=e
and some 'relationship' she had w/ mj for 4 yrs post divorce that she only met his son once and it was very brief:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqP_4Uic9bI&feature=player_embedded
5:28
lmp needs to get over the fact that she was dumped by the king of pop and was only a groupie to him past divorce.
and um sorry but debbie had way more of a connection 2 mj than 'the babymama role' she had a 15yr friendship w/ him prior to that lmp only had a 18month marriage he said himslf he didnt want her back post divorce so she was only his occassional f*ck buddie/groupie sorry but that doesnt qualify u as a girlfried.:sidefrown :

thank you for this.

Now, I know why Michael Jackson worked so hard to
create his own little family of children.
He really needed to get away
from his ex-wives and his "Jackson Family".
Pray without ceasing for Michael's children:
Prince, Paris, and Blanket. :angel:

Exactly. Oprah did play the role of LMP and her mama's lap dog, so they take turns like this. I mean, Oprah acted excited about being related to The Presleys. Probably one of the biggest sell-out antics she's done so far?
She's that kind of person. (I've never watched the episode for myself, but I heard about it from some fans.) Seriously, how could she be taken seriously?

Plus, don't you think that LMP goin back to Oprah, shouldn't this alone gives you enough reasons to think this whole thing is full of sham?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9lSDI0KS3I

Now, I know why Michael Jackson worked so hard to
create his own little family of children.
He really needed to get away
from his ex-wives and his "Jackson Family".
Pray without ceasing for Michael's children:
Prince, Paris, and Blanket. :angel:

You are hilarious CherubimII. I love your posts.

It seems Michael needed to get away from his ex-wife's family and friends too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-IUg4aD_Og&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jptn2RESCxY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k97krBe-sPo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6xGEV0PFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back