Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Re: Madonna

Still loving Hard Candy, I can't believe how many people hated it. But then again I adore American Life also. Her best 2 albums in my opinion & I've loved her ever since Holiday.

I've read some critiques of fans and music lovers in general who didn't like Hard Candy (the critics pretty much all loved it) but to me, they missed the point of the album. Hard Candy was a return to form for Madonna. It was M going back to her roots and producing a pure pop album tinged with R&B. I love almost every single track save for a couple. I would have replaced "Incredible" and "Spanish Lesson" for the two non-album cuts "Ring My Bell" and "Across The Sky". Then, Hard Candy would be perfect but it's still a great album to listen to.

And I agree about American Life. That too is one of my top Madonna albums. It's hard for me to rate them all but it's definitely in my top 3 (maybe even #1).

I've read some critiques of fans and music lovers in general who didn't like Hard Candy (the critics pretty much all loved it) but to me, they missed the point of the album. Hard Candy was a return to form for Madonna. It was M going back to her roots and producing a pure pop album tinged with R&B. I love almost every single track save for a couple. I would have replaced "Incredible" and "Spanish Lesson" for the two non-album cuts "Ring My Bell" and "Across The Sky". Then, Hard Candy would be perfect but it's still a great album to listen to.

And I agree about American Life. That too is one of my top Madonna albums. It's hard for me to rate them all but it's definitely in my top 3 (maybe even #1).
I love them all, but........... "Ray of Light" is great. :wild: I love this album.

I think my favorite Madonna song of all is "Crazy For You". That was a big hit when I was in college. Everytime I hear it I'm transported back. I love Madonna's ballads.

I like all her hits (although I admit I haven't heard a lot of her more recent stuff) but for me the other standouts are...

Dress You Up
La Isla Bonita (loved the video too)
Papa Don't Preach
Love Don't Live Here (Anymore)
You'll See
Into The Groove
Angel

Edit: Oh, and favorite album is True Blue. I played that thing sooo much in the 80's.

Last edited:

I think my favorite Madonna song of all is "Crazy For You". That was a big hit when I was in college. Everytime I hear it I'm transported back. I love Madonna's ballads.

I like all her hits (although I admit I haven't heard a lot of her more recent stuff) but for me the other standouts are...

Dress You Up
La Isla Bonita (loved the video too)
Papa Don't Preach
Love Don't Live Here (Anymore)
You'll See
Into The Groove

I love the song "Crazy For You" and all the others you mentioned. I think my favourite is "Vogue" but there are many others that I like.

Lourdes is beautiful, I saw her in Madonna's concert, she looks a lot like her mother when she was young but more beautiful in my opinion.

I dunno if Madonna had anything done but she was NATURAL BEAUTY pre- operation (if any)

thats awesome that Madonna would allow Lourdes to go onstage too on her concert! She did allow Lourdes to be onstage as a flower girl in the 2002/03 MTV awards- when she & Britney kissed ; you
can see Lola if you look close. youtube it.:punk:

oh & for Harry Potter fans- Lola either tried out or wanted to try out for a part in Harry Potter- I think perhaps the first or 2nd one- but Madonna would not allow it. Saying Lourdes was too young or somehting.

thats awesome that Madonna would allow Lourdes to go onstage too on her concert! She did allow Lourdes to be onstage as a flower girl in the 2002/03 MTV awards- when she & Britney kissed ; you
can see Lola if you look close. youtube it.:punk:

Yes, you can see that on YouTube and the biggest surprise was Rocco, he was onstage too at the end of the show. :) :heart:

I adore American Life. I think, no am sure, it's my favourite. Songs such as Nothing Fails and Mother & Father shouldn't be relegated to album tracks only.

And yes your're right re: HC. It was a full 80's throwback. Especially She's Not Me, even down to the false fade-out going into it's own 12" version. Am I the only one that loves Spanish Lesson?!?

Top 10 albums?

1. American Life
2. Hard Candy
3. I'm Breathless
4. Erotica
5. Madonna
6. Like A Prayer
7. True Blue
8. Like A Virgin
9. Ray Of Light
10. Bedtime Stories

...probably.

I would love it if Madonna went on tour and sang everything from Like a virgin to her most recent. but I don't think Madonna even sings her original songs anyway like 'Virgin' because it was "so long ago." I want to see another tour just like Blonde Ambition but that toos not gonna happen lol ; shes way to conservative now.

^ Madonna's sung Like A Virgin in every tour she's ever done.

Re-invention in 2002 was virtually a Greatest Hits set, since then she's bound to promote her latest album. No-one wants to hear the same songs 'over and over'.

And anyway, her latest stuff is much better than her '80s material, girl.

And anyway, her latest stuff is much better than her '80s material, girl.
Not to me. I can't get into Eurodisco. It's like I prefer Mike's Quincy era albums better than the ones after it.

Not to me. I can't get into Eurodisco. It's like I prefer Mike's Quincy era albums better than the ones after it.

I abhor Euro-disco. I hated most off Confessions & Music, I don't even like Ray Of Light which seems to be thought of as her best moment.

American Candy is more electronic pop and Hard Candy is out and out funky pop music.

Mike wise, I'm a Dangerous man but love his Quincy stuff also where it was fun & joy all the way.

Music was alright, but as a whole album, the last one I really, really liked was Bedtime Stories. Everything before it I still listen to, the albums after it I rarely listen to anything from them. I've never heard Hard Candy though.

Music was alright, but as a whole album, the last one I really, really liked was Bedtime Stories. Everything before it I still listen to, the albums after it I rarely listen to anything from them. I've never heard Hard Candy though.

Music had 2 stunning tracks (Music & Don't Tell Me) but the rest I can barely listen to, a lot was poncy rubbish I thought.

Bedtime Stories was good, Secret & Take A Bow in particular are stunning. But again followed that trend a lot of her albums have of 2 or 3 amazing tracks and the rest filler.

For me, AmLife & Candy buck that trend, making them Madonna albums where I don't have to skip any tracks.

i love Bedtime Stories ; I wish that she would do another kind of hip-hop more

Yeyyy I took some footages too but the quality is not good..too bad!

Here is Lola dancing & playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZrAuZOCpSs
I did not find this video (Lola playing piano) with good quality. :doh:

Hey I had never seen that video you posted. Thanks for posting! :wild: Lola is adorable, all children of the Madonna are adorable. :yes:

m's boob pops out in her open your heart video you can catch it its just a second ; I tried to youtube it but can't get results lol...

You're welcome! :D And you are right..they are adorable! Here is a video of Rocco onstage too, so cute! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2hLCytYcn4
Thanks! :D

Rocco is so cute dancing. :wild: David and Mercy are also beautiful. :wub:

This jacket's Mercy, reminded me someone.........:

madonna_mercy436.jpg

MJ. :wub:

m's boob pops out in her open your heart video you can catch it its just a second ; I tried to youtube it but can't get results lol...

It's in the Papa Don't Preach video and it was never edited out. Somehow, the director never saw it and once they did it was too late. Kinda funny.

American Candy is more electronic pop and Hard Candy is out and out funky pop music.
American Candy, Tony? haha.

I really like her performance of Like A Virgin on the Confessions tour. That disco mix was whacked, and so was the background video.

American Candy, Tony? haha.

I really like her performance of Like A Virgin on the Confessions tour. That disco mix was whacked, and so was the background video.

Ha! If I was a chav I suppose I'd be saying 'my bad' at this juncture. I love that LAV performance as well, in fact that version & the Blonde Ambition sexy-egyptian version are the only times I like listening to Like A Virgin.

love madonna ...... but shes 50+ - I don't get why she dresses like shes still 25 & does the risky stuff- that she wouldn't want her daughter to do!

I made a Top 100 Michael Jackson songs thread once and said I doubt there's any other artist I could do it for, so I've done one for my second favourite act. I won't lie, it was slightly harder than doing MJ when I got to 75-100 as with Mike I could choose Jacksons & J5 songs, but it still shows what an incredible body of work Madonna's achieved.

Not bad for someone who only uses sex to sell herself.

As with Mike, this order will change daily.

Rank Song
1 Like A Prayer
2 Music
3 Mother And Father
4 Candy Shop
5 American Life
6 Don't Tell Me
7 Erotica
8 Hung Up
9 Beat Goes On
10 Rain
11 Vogue
12 Nothing Fails
13 Keep It Together
14 Justify My Love
15 Burning Up
16 Ray Of Light
17 Secret
18 She's Not Me
19 Express Yourself
20 Take A Bow
21 Voices
22 Borderline
23 Bye Bye Baby
24 Bad Girl
25 Deeper And Deeper
26 Die Another Day
27 One More Chance
28 Dress You Up
29 Drowned World/Substitute For Love
30 Jump
31 Everybody
32 I Want You
33 Miles Away
34 Four Minutes
35 Papa Don't Preach
36 Frozen
37 Causing A Commotion
38 Give It 2 Me
39 Revolver
40 Hanky Panky
41 Holiday
42 Hollywood
43 Spanish Lesson
44 You Must Love Me
45 Into The Groove
46 La Isla Bonita
47 Gambler
48 Cherish
49 Live To Tell
50 Love Profusion
51 Lucky Star
52 Oh Father
53 Open Your Heart
54 He's A Man
55 Physical Attraction
56 Power Of Good-Bye
57 Fever
58 Rescue Me
59 Sooner Or Later
60 This Used To Be My Playground
61 Why's It So Hard
62 Easy Ride
63 Where's The Party
64 American Pie
65 What It Feels Like For A Girl
66 Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
67 In This Life
68 Angel
69 Waiting
70 You'll See
71 Crazy For You
72 Heartbeat
73 What Can You Lose
74 I'm Going Bananas
75 Like A Virgin
76 Dance 2Night
77 Human Nature
78 More
79 Don't Stop
80 I Know It
81 Intervention
82 The Look Of Love
83 Love Don't Live Here Anymore
84 Material Girl
85 Over And Over
86 Pretender
87 Dear Jessie
88 Sorry
89 Think Of Me
90 Till Death Do Us Part
91 I'd Rather Be Your Lover
92 Who's That Girl
93 Nothing Really Matters
94 Let Down Your Guard
95 I Love New York
96 Forbidden Love (Bedtime Stories)
97 Let It Will Be
98 Nobody Knows Me
99 Stay
100 Bedtime Story

Last edited:

I made a Top 100 Michael Jackson songs thread once and said I doubt there's any other artist I could do it for, so I've done one for my second favourite act. I won't lie, it was slightly harder than doing MJ when I got to 75-100 as with Mike I could choose Jacksons & J5 songs, but it still shows what an incredible body of work Madonna's achieved.

Not bad for someone who only uses sex to sell herself.

As with Mike, this order will change daily.

Rank Song
1 Like A Prayer
2 Music
3 Mother And Father
4 Candy Shop
5 American Life
6 Don't Tell Me
7 Erotica
8 Hung Up
9 Beat Goes On
10 Rain
11 Vogue
12 Nothing Fails
13 Keep It Together
14 Justify My Love
15 Burning Up
16 Ray Of Light
17 Secret
18 She's Not Me
19 Express Yourself
20 Take A Bow
21 Voices
22 Borderline
23 Bye Bye Baby
24 Bad Girl
25 Deeper And Deeper
26 Die Another Day
27 One More Chance
28 Dress You Up
29 Drowned World/Substitute For Love
30 Jump
31 Everybody
32 I Want You
33 Miles Away
34 Four Minutes
35 Papa Don't Preach
36 Frozen
37 Causing A Commotion
38 Give It 2 Me
39 Revolver
40 Hanky Panky
41 Holiday
42 Hollywood
43 Spanish Lesson
44 You Must Love Me
45 Into The Groove
46 La Isla Bonita
47 Gambler
48 Cherish
49 Live To Tell
50 Love Profusion
51 Lucky Star
52 Oh Father
53 Open Your Heart
54 He's A Man
55 Physical Attraction
56 Power Of Good-Bye
57 Fever
58 Rescue Me
59 Sooner Or Later
60 This Used To Be My Playground
61 Why's It So Hard
62 Easy Ride
63 Where's The Party
64 American Pie
65 What It Feels Like For A Girl
66 Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
67 In This Life
68 Angel
69 Waiting
70 You'll See
71 Crazy For You
72 Heartbeat
73 What Can You Lose
74 I'm Going Bananas
75 Like A Virgin
76 Dance 2Night
77 Human Nature
78 More
79 Don't Stop
80 I Know It
81 Intervention
82 The Look Of Love
83 Love Don't Live Here Anymore
84 Material Girl
85 Over And Over
86 Pretender
87 Dear Jessie
88 Sorry
89 Think Of Me
90 Till Death Do Us Part
91 I'd Rather Be Your Lover
92 Who's That Girl
93 Nothing Really Matters
94 Let Down Your Guard
95 I Love New York
96 Forbidden Love (Bedtime Stories)
97 Let It Will Be
98 Nobody Knows Me
99 Stay
100 Bedtime Story

Cool list, although I must admit I don't know all the songs you listed. I only own a couple of Madonna albums. I still like her Ray of Light album best, and Frozen would definately in my top 5. Love your top 5 too though. Where can I find your MJ top 100?

Back