Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Ashtanga, how was your concert in Sao Paulo? :wild:

Ashtanga, how was your concert in Sao Paulo? :wild:

:shifty:

Great!
kermit.gif
:woohoo:

She and the fans were so excited here! :dancing: I did not a lot of photos because I wanted to enjoy the show, but here are some:

318304_4956607444175_1532297588_n.jpg

484381_4956609684231_1549931001_n.jpg

189138_4956613404324_1089404046_n.jpg

380276_4956617124417_40471768_n.jpg

66788_4956620684506_564935902_n.jpg

:woohoo:

Madonna Rules Billboard.com's Readers Poll 2012

Once Billboard.com readers weighed in on their favorite artists, songs and albums of the year, Madonna emerged as the 2012 MVP and came out on top in four other categories.

2665889-Madonna-Year-In-Music2012-617.jpg

One year after pop divas like Britney Spears, Adele and Lady Gaga ruled the 2011 Billboard.com Readers' Poll, Madonna dominated the competition in the 2012 edition of our year-end fan forum. Once Billboard.com readers weighed in on their favorite artists, songs and albums over the past 12 months, Madonna emerged as the 2012 MVP, and came out on top in four other categories.

http://www.billboard.com/column/yea...rd-com-s-readers-poll-1008054552.story?page=1

I am very proud of Madonna for her accomplishments throughout her career, including her accomplishments throughout the past year. And I know I sound selfish. But personally, I hope that Madonna's next album will be a mix of her "Ray Of Light" and "Confessions On A Dance Floor" albums. I like her "MDNA" album. But I still think the "Ray Of Light" and "Confessions On A Dance Floor" albums had something special that the "MDNA" album didn't have.

Last edited:
I am very proud of Madonna for her accomplishments throughout her career, including her accomplishments throughout the past year. And I know I sound selfish. But personally, I hope that Madonna's next album will be a mix of her "Ray Of Light" and "Confessions On A Dance Floor" albums. I like her "MDNA" album. But I still think the "Ray Of Light" and "Confessions On A Dance Floor" albums had something special that the "MDNA" album didn't have.

Word is that she's already working on a new album, so we may find out sooner rather than later. I think Madonna felt challenged during the MDNA era by the media (calling her too old, etc) and so it may fuel new music (and create something great).

Madonna visited the GLAAD Awards in New York today and gave an award to Anderson Cooper because of his achievements for the gay community:

tumblr_mjsgxf9GIp1qjumzho1_500.jpg

madonna-boy-scout-costume-at-glaad-media-awards-2013-03.jpg

madonna-boy-scout-costume-at-glaad-media-awards-2013-02.jpg

madonna-boy-scout-costume-at-glaad-media-awards-2013-01.jpg

20130317-pictures-madonna-glaad-media-awards-hq-01-400x551.jpg

She also recently joined Instagram and uploaded lots of pics. You can check it out here:
http://instagram.com/madonna/

Here are some pics:

a14e2c1e733711e28b9f22000a9e0708_7.jpg

92a1ee147e3911e2806d22000a1f9e4d_7.jpg

cb7e2f027f1211e2890222000a1fb0b2_7.jpg

73c5de528bee11e2bb3e22000a1fb8a8_7.jpg

I love Madonna. She is, along with Michael, OUR superstar.

I wish they had recorded together. Who knows, maybe they will share a song on a 'Duets' album in the future...

Madonna Hits on Frank Ocean in Endearingly Wacky Reddit AMA

Material Girl also says she'd like to work with Daft Punk, sidesteps a Lady Gaga question

WRITTEN BY
Marc Hogan

September 17 2013, 11:59 AM ET

Madonna has taken her turn in the Reddit AMA hot seat. If the singer's September 16 responses were light on factual specifics, there was no shortage of quirky, light-hearted banter.

Asked to name "one gay guy you wish you could turn straight," Madonna replied simply, "Frank Ocean." (Ocean, of course, has been fascinatingly unwilling to put a label on his sexuality, but still.) Asked if she would consider a collaboration with Daft Punk, she wrote, "I would love to work with Daft Punk," but added, "Just waiting for them to return my call." And asked what she "really" thinks of Lady Gaga, the Material Girl conspicuously failed to respond.

Beyond such playful quips — there was also a lengthy anecdote about a dream involving Brad Pitt — Madonna didn't offer too many solid details. The singer hinted that "there might be" a follow-up to 2012's MDNA coming next year, noting, "My creative juices are flowing."

But more information could be on the way soon. Madonna wrote of a "secretprojectrevolution artforfreedom. coming soon," later semi-clarifying, "ambitious project .... deals with very controversial issues...both global and personal. I'm extremely passionate about it. It means more to me than anything I have ever done before." She also said, "In one week it won't be a secret." (She has since revealed that secretprojectrevolution is a 17-minute short film coming on September 24 via a collaboration with Vice and BitTorrent.)

Otherwise, Madonna has been relatively quiet in recent months. Anti-gay Russian politicians still rattle their sabers over her concert there in August 2012. In January, her "global luxury fitness brand," Hard Candy Fitness, announced it would open a three-story workout club, Hard Candy Fitness Rome, right across from the ancient Colosseum; the fitness brand also includes the terrifyingly difficult-looking Addicted to Sweat DVD series. Beyond that, while Madge's fans have unsurprisingly continued to criticize Gaga, it's been fairly quiet on the Ciccone front.

http://www.spin.com/articles/madonna-reddit-ama-frank-ocean-daft-punk-lady-gaga/

Madonna Announces Avicii Collaboration, Pair Hit The Studio Together

By Jessica Letkemann, New York | March 08, 2014 11:12 AM EST

Madonna is making music with EDM star Avicii, she told the world via Instagram on Friday night (March 7). "On my way to the studio to work with Avicii!," was part of the Queen of Pop's caption for her Instagram photo of herself in black fishnets posted late yesterday.

Avicii, who saw his track "Wake Me Up" reach No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 last year, had simply tweeted "Studiomode!" several hours earlier.

There's been no word on what exactly the pair worked on last night, or whether the sessions were intended for a future Avicii release or Madonna's next album. In February, she confirmed to The Canadian Press that she was working on the follow up to 2012's "MDNA," saying "Plans are in the works already. Don't ask me with who, it's a secret. Top secret."

Madonna's affinity for Avicii is well known. She famously popped up as a surprise guest during the Swedish DJ's set at the Ultra Music Festival in 2012.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...ii-collaboration-pair-hit-the-studio-together

Madonna Teases New Song 'Messiah'

By Richard Smirke | July 02, 2014 7:14 AM EDT

Madonna has given fans a tantalizing glimpse of new material by posting a picture of the sheet music for a new song, entitled "Messiah" on Instagram.

The image was accompanied by the caption "Coming soon........#promise #keep#sorceress#deep"

Soon after, the singer posted a video on her official Instagram account of a classical orchestra performing in a recording studio.

Its caption reads: "Magic makes the people come together yaaaaaaaasssssssssss. #messiah"

Madonna confirmed earlier this year that she was working on the follow-up to 2012's "MDNA" with the singer recently telling her Instagram followers that she was "on my way to the studio to work with Avicii."

Diplo, Toby Gad, S1 and Miley Cyrus songwriter MoZella, singer/songwriter Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum, the founder and chairman of Cherrytree Records and senior executive of A&R for Interscope Records, are also attached to the project.

"MDNA" debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and has sold 536,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Representatives for Madonna have not responded to Billboard's request for comment.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6143231/madonna-teases-new-song-messiah

Great! Thanks for this. I loved MDNA.

I really hope though that this is a more instrument based album with a couple of great classic M ballads. I love the sound of her working with an orchestra again.

Madonna Aiming for 2015 Album Release, 'Having a Lot of Fun' With Diplo

By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles | September 12, 2014 1:13 PM EDT

Madonna's been hard at work on her upcoming new album -- as evidenced by her prolific posts on Instagram -- and is planning for it to be released in 2015, according to a representative.

Among those she's working with is super-producer Diplo, who has turned up in multiple photos on the diva's Instagram account. It's unclear if Diplo (who recently graced the cover of Billboard magazine) is materializing as the album's primary producer, but it would seem that he could play a significant role in the project.

When asked specifically about Diplo and his involvement in the album, Madonna's manager Guy Oseary told Billboard, "She's currently in the studio with Diplo and having a lot of fun," but didn't offer any further clues about the project. Alas.

Madonna's next album is due out on Interscope Records, and -- based on a glance at her Instagram feed -- may also feature collaborations with Toby Gad, MoZella, S1, Ariel Rechtshaid, Avicii, Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum. On last week’s Pop Shop Podcast, Kierszenbaum — the head of Cherrytree Records who also records as Cherry Cherry Boom Boom — told Billboard that he was “very proud” of the work he completed with Madonna in the studio.

“It was a real privilege to write with Madonna, and with Natalia Kills,” said Kierszenbaum. “We ended up writing about seven songs. We were meant to only be there with her for a couple of days, but we really distilled it down to a very traditional writing session. It was just me on the piano, and Madonna and Natalia Kills around it, and we just wrote songs the old-fashioned way, just playing the piano and singing. … I don’t know what she’s gonna use from the sessions, but it was a tremendous honor.”

Madonna’s last release, 2012's MDNA, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart -- her fifth consecutive No. 1 studio album and her eighth chart-topper overall.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6251384/madonna-new-album-2015-diplo

I'm glad a new Madonna album is coming out.

My favorite period of her music is the 80's through Erotica. I do like a lot of her recent stuff, though. Her last album, MDMA, was fantastic...just brilliant through the whole thing.

I haven't bought any of her recent releases in quite awhile (and shame on me for not reppin' the homegirl like I should, lol). The last album of hers I bought was "Music". :bugeyed

I am looking forward to this new one. :D

Madonna Adds DJ Dahi & Blood Diamonds to Collaborators List

By Mitchell Peters | September 21, 2014 2:12 PM EDT

The list of collaborators for Madonna’s next album continues to grow.

The diva posted an Instagram photo on Saturday (Sept. 20) of DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds working behind a computer, with the caption, “Nothing can stop the Sex Boyzzzzzz!”

DJ Dahi is the producer behind Drake’s "Worst Behavior,” and has worked with other artists like Kendrick Lamar and Lily Allen. Pop act Blood Diamonds (aka Mike Diamond) is a frequent collaborator with Grimes.

Madonna has also been working with super-producer Diplo, who has turned up in multiple photos on her Instagram account. In his Billboard magazine cover feature, Diplo said that he's had multiple studio sessions with Madonna that have resulted in at least three "amazing, smashes."

The diva's next as-yet untitled album will be released in 2015 on Interscope Records. Her last release, 2012's MDNA, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Based on a glance at Madonna’s Instagram feed, the set may also feature collaborations with Toby Gad, MoZella, S1, Ariel Rechtshaid, Avicii, Natalia Kills and Martin Kierszenbaum.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...hi-blood-diamonds-diplo-to-collaborators-list

Last edited:
^ I was rather hoping for a more stripped back, orchestrated release this time.

I really liked MDNA & adored Hard Candy but think it's time for something different.

I haven't bought any of her recent releases in quite awhile (and shame on me for not reppin' the homegirl like I should, lol). The last album of hers I bought was "Music". :bugeyed

I am looking forward to this new one. :D

Confessions on a Dancefloor (and the live dvd) are musts!

American Life album is polarizing. You either love it or hate it. I love it.

Confessions on a Dancefloor (and the live dvd) are musts!

American Life album is polarizing. You either love it or hate it. I love it.

My favourite Madonna album is American Life, by a long shot.

In fact my Top 3 are her worst selling :)

1. American Life
2. Hard Candy
3. Erotica

Love MDNA also!

Best song is Like A Prayer though, the version from On Stage & On The Record specifically.

Ok, so question to those that have seen her live (in an arena specifically).

I'm finally going to see her this tour. I don't think I'm going to buy floor seats. I totally would spring for $350-ish for floor, I think I might do the $200 range instead.

I can't decide which area would be a better experience. Everytime I've gone to an arena concert, it's always on the floor, so I have no idea what's the best from a seated area.

Either a straight/center seat from the back of the arena, like here:

Or on the left/right side of the arena, but closer to the stage.

And even then, I need to decide if I want level 100 (lower) or 300 (higher) seating.

The first one definitely! From experience you'll get more of the show and see more of those great routines.

Don't think I'm going to do this one. Seen her three times so can't justify the cost. The new stuff is really growing on me though. Ghosttown and Devil Pray especially.

Where are you seeing her?

While you get a better straight forward view of the stage, it seems like you're too far to actually see people clearly.
That's why I wasn't sure if sitting on the left/right sides closer to the actual stage would be better.

And not sure yet. Miami or Atlanta.

Although I think Devil pray and Ghost town are complete masterpieces, for me it was throwback Tuesday and I thought of two little gems from the more or less recent past both with a celebratory theme and mood.........:D

I love Madge and have been a fan of hers since Like a virgin, although her post Confessions stuff is iffy. I may see her in concert next year when she loses her NZ virginity. What am I saying I am definitely going. My favourite song is like a Prayer, followed closely by Bad Girl and Justify my love.

Best albums
1. Like a Prayer
2. Erotica (Madonnas perfect f u to the world)
3. True Blue
4. Music (There is a lot here that sounds great)
5. Like a virgin (Is anyone surprised)
6. Tie: Bedtime stories/Madonna the first album

She is pretty much my third favourite artist in life.

1. Prince, 2. Michael Jackson 3. Madonna, 4. George Michael, 5. Elton John

Back