MERGED~COVE Magazine: 100 Outstanding Pop Vocalists

Re: COVE Magazine: 100 Outstanding Pop Vocalists

I don't care where MJ is on this list, simply because Stevie Wonder is not as good as...Usher and Backstreet Boys. :lol:

btw, half of the people on that list actually can't sing live. :lol:
people like backstreet and nsync are the epitomy of lip syncing and playbacks.

if your ranking vocalist abilities you have to dig back into the days...and this one...hardly makes an attempt. :lol:

Last edited:

K but what are the other 50 of the 100 ??

Are my New Kids on the listage :( ??

Where are the true pop vocalists at? Avril? Stop trippin'. Why is Johnny Gill even above Whitney and Stevie? Are these people serious? The list blows water! LOL.

Mariah Carey had an amazing voice back in the early 90's, but has had a pretty crappy voice since. What that shows me is that the list took top vocals during the artists' peaks and measured them. That, in turn, makes me think the list is crap based on Stevie Wonder not being in the top 3. He should probably be number 1.

K but what are the other 50 of the 100 ??

Are my New Kids on the listage :( ??

:lmao:

I think Billy Ray Cyrus should be on that list too. :ranting:

I've just realised:mello:

:wild:

CHRISTINA IS THE KING OF POP :clapping:

^ Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :wild:

Yeah Mrs. King Of Pop! :wild:

WTF? @ this list.

Christina Aguilera has very powerful vocals, she's great.

Mariah Carey is amazing as well (has a better range than, well, everyone in the business), and should be above Christina Aguilera.

I can't even start with the rest of this list...JOKE!!!

BWHAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited:

i cannot believe my new kids are not on the list :( BSB and N*sync made it on there :mat:

What about Milli vanilli are they on there :innocent:

Its a nicew list ( mj on 3 ! :) ) but we all know that Whitney is #1 ;) ...

Meh. Mariah could be in the top 5. Celine Dion has a pretty good placing. I still say Michael deserves the number one spot. Huge range, amazing control, incredible timing, the most beautiful quality. What else do they want?! Stevie Wonder should be in the top 5. What about Dionne Warwick, Sam Cooke, Al Green, Frank Sinatra and Lionel Richie? They're on crack with this list. There's so many singers that aren't on the list who should be and so many on the list who shouldn't be.

But I am actually surprised they placed Michael so high. Most people really don't seem to have a clue as to how good he is. People in the industry know, but on general, they always look passed him. And shouldn't they also include emotive effectiveness on their criteria? You've got to be able to make the listener feel, otherwise, what's the point? That's when singing becomes an art form in and of itself.

Last edited:

This was posted in like 2002 or 2003... was bulls**t when I first saw it (based on MOST of the people on that list and rankings of some of the better singers being lower than those who have LIMITED range), bulls**t STILL.

And how can they rank Backstreet over Stevie? This list must've been done by a thirteen-year-old girl who loves teen pop...and people who look pretty and got fine bodies. F**k the voice, it's all about the image. PR BISHES! :lol:

Michael is in my top ten of vocalists so he'll be around the 3-4-5 rank. No Sam Cooke? No Marvin Gaye? Why is Stevie where he's at? Where's Aretha? Diana? Patti? LOL

BULLS**T! :lol:

:lmao:

I think Billy Ray Cyrus should be on that list too. :ranting:

Everyone missed my funny quote. :(

I've just realised:mello:

:wild:

CHRISTINA IS THE KING OF POP :clapping:

:clapping: All hail the new King of Pop!! :yes:

i cannot believe my new kids are not on the list :( BSB and N*sync made it on there :mat:

Neither can I. :no: and Milli should deffo be on that list. WTF is up with them? :ranting:

let me guess who is on the other 50 of the top 100---William Hung, Sanjaya, Tiny Tim, Roseanne Barr, Yoko Ono

great listing of talent Cove :eek:k:

I'll never understand how a whole group made it on the list. Then the Jacksons should have been on there too.

I agree with some of the list...but I would have put Whitney first, then Mariah ahead of Christina. Michael I would put fourth...although i love mike id have to say those three women are stronger vocally...
and yeh some ppl on the list shouldn't even be there....like avril lavigne

Technically and quality wise, they aren't stronger. He's actually technically superior in many ways, except for Mariah. She's got a slightly larger range, Michael's got better styling and quality though and just as good control and timing, and is more emotive. Whitney has a really good voice, but her range isn't all that and her timing isn't great either. Christina has bad styling and is in many ways one dimentional in her timbre. So is Whitney. (Runs away, I know I'll get bi*ched out for that one.)

Last edited:
Re: 100 Outstanding Pop Vocalists, Michael at number....

Christina and Mariah has amazing vocals but your telling me that they are better than Michael, personally I think that's wrong he should easily be #1 and maybe even Whitney Houston should be a couple places higher.

does it even matter?

we all know who should be number one!? lol

Hmmm..... O Town and no Sam Cooke?

While MJ is a great vocalist, I dont think his range is as great as Christina Aguilera, or even Mariah.

Whitney Houston and Luther Vandross should be up there too... Michael just sounds better, lol.

I think Janet deserves to be higher...she's not a "SANGER", lol, but we're talking about pop here, not r&b or soul...her voice/style is very effective and pleasant for pop music.

Michael is at the perfect position if you ask me. Mariah and Christina's vocal ranges are ridiculous. Michael has great range too, but I think they have at least that over Michael lol (nothing else!).

Oh, and Clay Aiken has an AMAAAZING voice, I LOVE it.

No matter what else people say about him lol, his voice is incredible.

Oh, and Clay Aiken has an AMAAAZING voice, I LOVE it.

No matter what else people say about him lol, his voice is incredible.

Lovely, r u a Clay-mate ?? ;)

Last edited:
Back