Michael Bearden Speaks about what could have been... trying to release footage of rehearsals

I find these articles sooo hard to read. It kills me. It kills me to read how excited and happy he was, he many ideas he had and how hard he worked for it. I feel angry at God. Why? Why? Why?

:cry:

That's what I'm sayin!

What if Michael's death had nothing to do with a drug overdose? What if his heart was just tired, overworked or stressed? This is a real possibility and it is a possibility that the mainstream media is fighting against. That want a drugged up Michael like Elvis. That is what they want. They are the ones who released that false Demerol lie. I hate the media!

Same. This is another reason why I'm a bit pissed at people like LMP and others who have automatically jumped on the "overdose" wagon. We have no indication thus far that this is the case. It could turn out to be...but why couldn't they wait to see first, instead of automatically assuming and throwing that ish out there before the man can get a proper and respectful funeral.

Thanks for posting this. As much as these articles hurt to read knowing the potential missed, they bring a strange feeling of peace at the same time. Can't explain it.

What upsets me about LMP is this notion she has that she had to SAVE Michael. Michael didn't need her to save him....he had God for that. He needed her to love him and accept him for who he was. And by her own words, because she couldn't "save" him, she walked away from him. That is not love. Sorry. That is selfishness.

I do not believe the reports about him being addicted to painkillers ( demerol etc..).
I think his body just could not take the strain anymore. Even if you are happy, and excited, working very hard may push your system to the edge. Michael was a perfectionist, and he would have been tough on himself. Combine all this with the hardship and pressure he has lived with for all this years, and at some point something breaks. And until I have definite official statements otherwise, I will believe that he died of natural causes (whatever that may be). It breaks my heart to think he is no more.

It wasn't wise for Brian and Deepak to have opened this can of worms so damn early. I sometimes wish they just waited for the autopsy results. If its concluded that he was abusing drugs, THEN they could go on and on about it. But it's like the minute he passed, they've been saying "drugs, drugs, drugs!" All this has does is cause a whole lot of speculation. And with the test results coming but in 4-6 weeks, it's only going to get worse, because at the moment, it's obvious the media are flocking to people who may be able to help them put the pieces together, instead of waiting for official confirmation. And they're going to wrong people. I mean, I almost fell of my chair when I saw Diane Diamond on the news... what would she know? she's been spewing bs about Michael for 15 years! It's just all really unfortunate the way this is turning out.

This is just 2 much. Atlf i'm with you all the way homie. I think mike died of natural causes. Just too much for my man too take. I hope him and pac are having a huge jame session. How do you think that would sound atlf lmao

Michael was strong; everyone in the position to see that has said so.

Did anyone catch Kenny Ortega on CNN awhile back? He stated that there were lots of new choreography/dance moves, but said he knew Michael liked the element of surprised when asked if he could tell about it. It made me wonder if they really will release footage.

thank u for posting this...im not in the mood to read long texts but i read this and i loved it...makes me think he went to heaven in a time when he was feeling happy...

That hurts so much to think of all that could have been. So effed up.

I just want the truth, and right now I don't know who to believe. I mean, how can we have on one side that he had this huge drug problem, was depressed and didn't want to do the shows and all that. And then on the other side... no drug problem, perfectly healthy, happy and excited about doing the shows. I mean that's totally opposite. Somebody's lying (or just doesn't know enough). It's driving me crazy.

But I do know that I really, really, really want to see the footage of the rehearsals. I thought about that the other day. I thought, if they don't release some footage of the rehearsals now, it would just be downright cruel.

Last edited:
Oh, and the song about the environment (which I now wonder if the chorus went "this is it") was given to Deepak Chopra, because he was going to help a bit on the lyrics. It was delivered to him the day before it happened, I guess. He tried to call Michael back but the number didn't work. Last chance. :(

Michael was strong; everyone in the position to see that has said so.

Did anyone catch Kenny Ortega on CNN awhile back? He stated that there were lots of new choreography/dance moves, but said he knew Michael liked the element of surprised when asked if he could tell about it. It made me wonder if they really will release footage.

There are some tabloid hacks out there still claiming Michael could no longer sing or dance. I hope the family goes after them and make them recognize and tell the truth. If there is rehearsal footage and people like Kenny who states how involved Michael was, they need to permanently put an end to the crap with massive lawsuits and tarnished reputations for not being credible. Here is the chance. And wouldn't it be fitting justice for all those who were so fixated on Michael's lawsuits to have to deal with a few of their own.

Thanks to urbansoul17 from MaxJax

This was quite hard to write.... I'm sorry its do long, but I think that everyone should read it, I tried my best.

I was listening to 98.7 kiss fm, a radio station from New york. A radio show called Open Line which is considered Black radio talk. But the show is exception because they talk about real issues. Today, they of course dedicated the show to talking with people who were close to Michael and who worked with him. This is information that you won't find on CNN or MSNBC or tmz for that matter. All three hosts of the radio show show unsurpassed respect for michael.

On the show they had Michael Bearden who was working very closely with michael for THIS IS IT. He was quite upset, as all of us are, but provided the truth as well as some exclusive information that perhaps we would have never known about.

He said that despite all of these reports on the news, that you hear everywhere else, first and foremost, Michael was in TOP physical shape and he said that Michael was very well read as he knew a great deal about politics, music, and technology. He discussed that Kenny wanted to introduce him to MJ because wanted to work with him on the tour. Michael Bearden is a musician, and kenny wanted him to be the musical director for TII and he knew that michael would love his energy. They brought MJ into the room as Bearden played a funky version of Workin Day and Night on the keybord. Right away, MJ started dancing and singing on the spot. Bearden describes that he had exceptional energy.

They talked and worked every day (except sundays) on THIS IS IT, even though that the rehearsals were not everyday. He said that Michael was very intelligent and he doesn't understand how these recent stories even take from and how these "sources" come about because they completly contradict what michael was. He says that they were working for three months on this is it, and that Michael wanted to extend these shows to encompass 3-5 years. Bearden laghingly said that " we were kind of trying to hold the brother back because of all the things that he was trying to do with the show" when asked about reports that michael was exhausted and forced to do these shows. He said that Michael was so happy all of the shows sold out so quickly, and wanted to take this to another level. He said that the true meaning of "THIS IS IT" was not that these are my last shows, MJ just said that to tease his fans, but the real meaning was that "this is our last chance to do something about the world and the environment before it is destroyed." This is it so we better do something. He said that hopefully they can show us what michael was doing for these shows in a short period of time, and that they are trying to release the footage of the rehearsals and everything.

When asked to describe the last night with michael jackson, he said that they were working from 5pm to 12:30 am. Michael held meetings, they were taking care of all of the technical stuff, and then after that, from around 10-12:30am, michael went through most of the numbers, some of the one's that he really wanted to work on. He said the band was increadible, the dancers were great, and that Michael had so much energy, he was focused, and he sang and danced exceptionally. And that when it was time to go, he had to wait for michael because his bodygurds car was blocking his, so he went to michael's dressing room, and Michael said that he was happy, and said "I'll see you tommorow at 2 o'clock sharp, God bless you.

Then when bearden was asked what the one unique thing was about michael, he replied "michael's kindness" He said that michael was genuinely king and that he genuinely care about people and that that's what made michael great.
This is so wonderful yet sad to read. Everybody who was actually around michael (crew members of TII) was on the up and up. THEY ARE NOT LYING! Michael was happy focused and in GREAT SHAPE! Then you have the ones you haven't seen mike in months or years harping about drugs. I don't care what goes down. You can spot a true abuser. You can even spot someone who did drugs heavy for years but has been off them for a few years as well. They'll have a certain USED or hard look to them. Michael wasn't looking drugged up. The only time I would say was his worst looking era was the vince time period.

Just cuz michael used before don't mean he was now. I think that that's all most are going off now. I'm not talking about need the meds, of course he may have had presrips and needed them, that's not abuse.

Dermot spoke on michael feeling strong when he hugged him. I'm tried of the lies on michael. I'm sick and tired.

This was such as nice read. This wasn't really it, mike was playing. GOD man. why did he have to go.He had so more in store and he was excited to do it. That's why lisa need to shut it up. Cuz I'm sure when michael went to sleep that night he didn't think he wouldn't wake up or would pass away after he woke. Just cuz mike was abused when wit you don't mean he stil was. IF only rehearsal had of been at 10am o clock. Maybe he would be here. :(

It was very self serving for both Oxman and Chopra to come out and proclaim that Michael's death was over dose of drugs when the autopsy and toxocology reports hadn't even been done yet. And I am especially suprised at Chopra. He is supposed to be so damned smart. Well this was not smart. It appears to me that he was mad at Michael for not calling him.

And I even saw Boteach on tv claiming this mess too. I hope all three of these people would just stop talking and go away. Even if Michael did die of a drug overdose, if you are his friend, you cover him...you don't go out to the media and make a platform for yourself on his alleged demise. I just don't understand what kind of love some people think they have.

. Even if Michael did die of a drug overdose, if you are his friend, you cover him...you don't go out to the media and make a platform for yourself on his alleged demise. I just don't understand what kind of love some people think they have.

Well said! :clapping:

Michael said that he was happy, and said "I'll see you tommorow at 2 o'clock sharp, God bless you.

Then when bearden was asked what the one unique thing was about michael, he replied "michael's kindness" He said that michael was genuinely king and that he genuinely care about people and that that's what made michael great.

aww...:-(

can we collect all those amazing raports from people who actually witnessed THIS IS IT, and put them in one thread? I know there were more but can't find them now.

Back