Michael Bearden Speaks about what could have been... trying to release footage of rehearsals

He said that the true meaning of "THIS IS IT" was not that these are my last shows, MJ just said that to tease his fans, but the real meaning was that "this is our last chance to do something about the world and the environment before it is destroyed." This is it so we better do something.

That is soooo Michael!!!

Then when bearden was asked what the one unique thing was about michael, he replied "michael's kindness" He said that michael was genuinely king and that he genuinely care about people and that that's what made michael great.

awwww

I actually believe that's the real meaning of this is it.
Supposedly he had been working on a track about the environment, with that guy that was on good morning america (forgot his name)and I read a quote of someone who also said Michael wanted to do something for the world with these new concerts
(I think it was Karen Faye but I'm absolutely not sure, I'm still so confused).
Michael really wanted to make everyone aware that we should start doing something, if we don't act now, our children won't have a world to live in

maybe "this is it tour" was his last tour cause MJ knew he was getting older ..AND Wanted to maybe spends his the rest of his life just chilling.

karen said mj believed we had four yrs to save the world or something like that. and if i remember correctly, aeg proposed a three yr tour thing w/ him. so that would've made four yrs

Thanks to urbansoul17 from MaxJax

This was quite hard to write.... I'm sorry its do long, but I think that everyone should read it, I tried my best.

I was listening to 98.7 kiss fm, a radio station from New york. A radio show called Open Line which is considered Black radio talk. But the show is exception because they talk about real issues. Today, they of course dedicated the show to talking with people who were close to Michael and who worked with him. This is information that you won't find on CNN or MSNBC or tmz for that matter. All three hosts of the radio show show unsurpassed respect for michael.

On the show they had Michael Bearden who was working very closely with michael for THIS IS IT. He was quite upset, as all of us are, but provided the truth as well as some exclusive information that perhaps we would have never known about.

He said that despite all of these reports on the news, that you hear everywhere else, first and foremost, Michael was in TOP physical shape and he said that Michael was very well read as he knew a great deal about politics, music, and technology. He discussed that Kenny wanted to introduce him to MJ because wanted to work with him on the tour. Michael Bearden is a musician, and kenny wanted him to be the musical director for TII and he knew that michael would love his energy. They brought MJ into the room as Bearden played a funky version of Workin Day and Night on the keybord. Right away, MJ started dancing and singing on the spot. Bearden describes that he had exceptional energy.

They talked and worked every day (except sundays) on THIS IS IT, even though that the rehearsals were not everyday. He said that Michael was very intelligent and he doesn't understand how these recent stories even take from and how these "sources" come about because they completly contradict what michael was. He says that they were working for three months on this is it, and that Michael wanted to extend these shows to encompass 3-5 years. Bearden laghingly said that " we were kind of trying to hold the brother back because of all the things that he was trying to do with the show" when asked about reports that michael was exhausted and forced to do these shows. He said that Michael was so happy all of the shows sold out so quickly, and wanted to take this to another level. He said that the true meaning of "THIS IS IT" was not that these are my last shows, MJ just said that to tease his fans, but the real meaning was that "this is our last chance to do something about the world and the environment before it is destroyed." This is it so we better do something. He said that hopefully they can show us what michael was doing for these shows in a short period of time, and that they are trying to release the footage of the rehearsals and everything.

When asked to describe the last night with michael jackson, he said that they were working from 5pm to 12:30 am. Michael held meetings, they were taking care of all of the technical stuff, and then after that, from around 10-12:30am, michael went through most of the numbers, some of the one's that he really wanted to work on. He said the band was increadible, the dancers were great, and that Michael had so much energy, he was focused, and he sang and danced exceptionally. And that when it was time to go, he had to wait for michael because his bodygurds car was blocking his, so he went to michael's dressing room, and Michael said that he was happy, and said "I'll see you tommorow at 2 o'clock sharp, God bless you.

Then when bearden was asked what the one unique thing was about michael, he replied "michael's kindness" He said that michael was genuinely king and that he genuinely care about people and that that's what made michael great.

:boohoo: This really makes me cry. Yes, Michael was truly kind and genuinely cared about people, and we all know that. It's why we loved and still love him so much. Hearing about what he said makes me so sad because he wanted to do the shows, he had so much planned, and I really lost it at the part about him just teasing his fans. That's Michael! :wub: I'm going to miss him so much!
As for releasing the footage, I really really hope they do. Please, please please do release it. I think Michael would at least want us to see what he was working on.
Thank you for posting this, and also your signature is beautiful.

Amazing really, and so like Michael to make that play on words with This Is It. I am more certain now that Michael would want some of what he envisioned to reach the masses after reading that.

So what's what the This is It was about. It's starting to look like it was truly going to be something unique and with a specific cause. I really hope something will be done with this vision.

I find these articles sooo hard to read. It kills me. It kills me to read how excited and happy he was, he many ideas he had and how hard he worked for it. I feel angry at God. Why? Why? Why?

Thank you so much for sharing!

Just can't wait to see a DVD of it, i'm so sure that this Release will be Number one for so long!!!
Maybe because i will buy a few copys of it too:D

Thank you Michael for everything you did for us!!!:angel:

:angel:R.I.P.:angel:

and this is what confuses me. how can he be such a doped up addict but be able to perform and appear cognant around others?

I really haven't been able to cry about this until after reading that.

Michael may have had his problems in the past; but I just have a feeling that now was not the time. Does that mean he couldn't have been taking medication? No. It means that he knows what his body needed to be for this and I just don't think that someone training as hard as he was around people who probably had seen abuse themselves in the industry could have fooled everyone during the course of these preparations. They would have seen the lost focus. It is quite possible that he may have needed something to rest at night or for pain at times. But, that is not current abuse.

It is so unfair that he can not defend himself and that all anyone cares is what may have been a past problem and trying the hardest to make it a current one. If he was, fine; he was still the best of the world. It would have been simply something that he needed to overcome like all of us with our own vices. But, what is tragic is that these people are not getting the attention to share what they knew for fact. The media keeps reminding everyone that everything is all speculation right now. Well, so much of it would not have to be if they would just talk to people who were there and could tell the truth and stop looking for people who can only give speculation.

Why can't those that knew him and want to talk about the person shout louder than those just wanting attention and pain?

Thank you so much for posting, I really appreciate it!

Now the comment Karen Faye left about "4 years" is starting to make sense.

And THIS IS IT meant, this is it for the nature :(. 3-5 Year of concerts. So much to look forward too, and now its all gone. Surrealistic, unreal. This was the beginning of " The best is yet to come". With his death he took future history with him. This is to bad to be true.

I loved how he played the phrase "This Is It." After it became a possibility that there could be more after London, I thought he meant it as "this is the one and only show that will matter." But, his message was going to be beautiful and very timely.

Again, I will not understand why these messages have to be suppressed but tabloid crap gets to continue with a passion.

is there no way they could show the rehersals dress rehersals etc at the o2 for the fans at the dates just an idea

and this is what confuses me. how can he be such a doped up addict but be able to perform and appear cognant around others?
Well, maybe he only took enough not to feel any craving when he had to work around others... It's pretty hard to spot someone's on something if the dose is average.

We all know he's had problems with such things before. Even though there's a possibility he got clean in the end, I honestly doubt it. :(

I have thought about that too..... not the same, but it would give us a way in which to say goodbye our own way in a mj concert environment... mj fans all together. I'm not sure, but there really needs to be something happening at the 02.

it cant come that quickly. if he really took too much medicine he must have been ill for a long time before and not suddenly get a heart attack.. he.d have recognized it before, because those medicine like demerol is very very strong and simply cant be taken for such a long time. especially when he was rehearsing all the time, he must have felt like a wreck instead of being full of energy.
or am i wrong here?

Wow, just wow, if this is really true, and I gues it is, I am even more sad then I allready was.

I really hope they release the dress rehersals, and not wait to long, we need it now.

Please tell me I'm not alone, cuz nothing makes any sense.

You got peeps saying he was always drugged up, missing all but 2 rehearsals, always late, and never eating. Then you got peeps saying he was happy, working his tush off, and that there was no sign of a drug problem.

Were sum peeps jus not close enuf to notice? But if drugs were that big of a problem wouldn't it have been obvious to everyone?

The truth is somewhere, but I can't find it. Only time will tell I guess. Its incredible how that works out. Whenever someone dies all the dirt comes out.

There's no dirt on Michael here though, those doctors should NEVER have prescribed those drugs. There's something not right here, nothing adds up!

Well, maybe he only took enough not to feel any craving when he had to work around others... It's pretty hard to spot someone's on something if the dose is average.

We all know he's had problems with such things before. Even though there's a possibility he got clean in the end, I honestly doubt it. :(
that's the thing, they're not saying the dosing was average. ugh im just floating right now.

I'm afraid Michael was working too hard and his body couldnt take it. Everyone should rest and recover. Without that you are very likely going to die sooner... Maybe he took it like in the past and didnt think he should have rested more because of his age..? He wasnt a young adult anymore, but 50 years old. That's just a fact.

And if he took medicines, then what, people take them. But it wasnt "over-using", like anything intentional.

That's what I'm sayin!

What if Michael's death had nothing to do with a drug overdose? What if his heart was just tired, overworked or stressed? This is a real possibility and it is a possibility that the mainstream media is fighting against. That want a drugged up Michael like Elvis. That is what they want. They are the ones who released that false Demerol lie. I hate the media!

ATLF, I feel you.

Sometimes I get so frustrated. After all these years we still torment ourselves with things that we do not have all facts about, based on what some people in the media say.

If we accept that Michael had health issues, we can also accept that he had to take medication for it. It does not mean that he was abusing it.

The important thing for me though is that we wait for the FACTS before we get all hot and bothered.

Most recently we did this with Raymone's lawsuit, chastising Michael and when the other side was revealed we realised that he had things more in hand than we gave him credit for.

At what point do we give Michael the benefit of the doubt? Not talking about sticking our head in the sand, I am talking about not fretting and fussing till we have more information.

Back