Michael Fanfics: Do you like to read them?

Michael Fanfics: Do you like to read them?

• Yes, I love them and read them all the time

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Not sure, but would give them a try

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • No. I've read some and didn't like them

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Don't care for 'em and wouldn't read any

Votes: 16 22.5%

• Total voters
Some fan fiction is as well written as in any published book. A lot of authors start this way, learning their craft. Obviously some is terrible because its open to everyone to self publish, mine would be the worse!! I used to read vampire diaries fan fiction (don't judge!) and some was amazing!
Someone on here mentioned an MJ story called Jerk? i tried finding it but no luck and a website that i think had it called enchanted stories wouldn't let me register. Anyone here could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated!

Some fan fiction is as well written as in any published book. A lot of authors start this way, learning their craft. Obviously some is terrible because its open to everyone to self publish, mine would be the worse!! I used to read vampire diaries fan fiction (don't judge!) and some was amazing!
Someone on here mentioned an MJ story called Jerk? i tried finding it but no luck and a website that i think had it called enchanted stories wouldn't let me register. Anyone here could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated!

I'm not a huge fan of RPF (real-person fic) but way back in the day I came across ONE or TWO MJfics that were not embarrassing to read. One was fantastic and I only ever read it once and I can't find it anywhere! It was called "Curves are Better," and it was essentially a Thriller!Mike experimenting with a guy and deciding he didn't like it. It was super adorable and I felt actually written in character.

If anyone has any recommendations for actually well-written stuff, please let me know! I've scoured MJFiction and while I'll read something here or there, I roll my eyes at most of it.

Off and on throughout the past ten years I've written some for him but I have such mixed feelings about RPF that I never finished anything. I'd like to though. It'd be cathartic I think.

I like some of them, at least the well-written ones lol. I like the alternate universes that they create. It's almost like some of the short films that Michael came up with grew legs and took on lives of their own, I always thought that was kinda cool.

I agree about the AU thing. Michael loved fantasy and something written in that thread is something I'd like to read. I think even he'd get a kick out of it haha

I don't really like reading them. But there is one fanfic I'm helping to write and there's a story I'm working on that has a Michael-esque character!

I do read a lot of fanfiction. But some are over the top especially the smutty ones lol

None of the poll choices matches my answer.

I used to read them a lot when I was a teenager and when I discovered the KOP board where there was a fan fiction section. For many years I just read, but in 2007 I wrote my own. I remember the year because it was when Michael had returned to the US and the story focused on that and how he had changed after his trial.
I don't like the overly romantic stories where he's a perfect gentleman because it's so unrealistic, so I went in the opposite direction and made him kind of an ass really. But it was because he'd become so paranoid and cynical from the trial and everyone turning their backs on him. So the story focused on that and him getting back together with his ex who he'd dumped before having left the country.

I've tried reading some stories again recently, but I just can't get into them. I can't take the storylines or characters seriously, it's too unrealistic. Maybe it's because I'm no longer a teenager I feel like that.

Well, for the ones who love to read fanfiction. :blush:

You can escape on my blog, simply called MJJCommunity Blog at

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/blog

Currently the story "Summerlove" is on and hitting it's climax next week. :cheeky:
Would love to hit off with another story on Michael's B-day. Fitting day for a new story again! :blush:

Of course, I like to read them as I write them myself :cheeky: They can keep me sweet for hours on end. :D

Heh, I do agree with you that many are unrealistic. Every now and then you'll find one that's interesting. Authors that sometimes put themselves in the story and use "I" rather than a character's name sometimes do a good job at having you kind of insert yourself in the story, which is fun. Stories that at least try to depict Michael in a realistic way are more likely to catch my eye, but they are few and far between. Many are of the "fluffy romance" kind as well--no interesting twists, turns, or realism.

I actually admit that I started writing my own, at first with the intention of "publishing" them online, but abandoned the idea, especially since I am a rather private person. I still write them, but keep them to myself and look back and read them for fun. I feel kind of juvenile for it :D, but writing has always been a nice escape for me, so I guess it's a guilty pleasure :)

OMG this is weird i havent been on a forum in a year or 2 and im actually nervous lol most of the forums i was on just dissappeared.. anyway i was a bit taken aback by fanfics at first and then i was addicted for a while and now i havent read one in ages so if any of you would like to point me in the direction of some might be interesting.. :cheeky:

OMG this is weird i havent been on a forum in a year or 2 and im actually nervous lol most of the forums i was on just dissappeared.. anyway i was a bit taken aback by fanfics at first and then i was addicted for a while and now i havent read one in ages so if any of you would like to point me in the direction of some might be interesting.. :cheeky:

Indeed, dear ;)

This site has tons of Michaelized stories on them.
Current story is "All I want" :cheeky:

Check it out and enjoy!

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/blog

Fanfics don't interest me, unless they're :naughty: :p

I'm planning on re-working with my MJ related fanfictions again after the holidays are over, I never got a chance to write them down and get them finished. Plus, I'm also planning a NaruHina/MJ concert sequel story where it will this time take place in Liverpool.

I wasn't really aware of "those" kind of fanfics at first :D I started with the more innocent ones which were actually nice. They seemed like stories of real encounters with MJ and it was sweet and cute. I went ahead reading some more and then I came across the stories which started with sweet encounters but quickly turned into :bugeyed . I don't find them that good anyway, they are quite unrealistic :p .. especially when it came to Michael himself :ph34r: But there are some fanfics that I got into despite their "nature" owing to their storylines mainly, there are some good writers out there.. its just a matter of luck that we find them. :D I have stopped reading now though, no time. :mello:

I wasn't really aware of "those" kind of fanfics at first :D I started with the more innocent ones which were actually nice. They seemed like stories of real encounters with MJ and it was sweet and cute. I went ahead reading some more and then I came across the stories which started with sweet encounters but quickly turned into :bugeyed . I don't find them that good anyway, they are quite unrealistic :p .. especially when it came to Michael himself :ph34r: But there are some fanfics that I got into despite their "nature" owing to their storylines mainly, there are some good writers out there.. its just a matter of luck that we find them. :D I have stopped reading now though, no time. :mello:

I agree it definitely takes a good writer to make these stories remotely believable. I must say I'd love to see Michael's reaction to the fan fic stories written about him--especially the naughty ones! :D

I must say I'd love to see Michael's reaction to the fan fic stories written about him--especially the naughty ones! :D

4h6p1k.jpg

:hysterical:

Well, there is fanfiction that is decent (like I write them :cheeky: ) and then there is :blink: fanfiction with a an age disclaimer on it.

The 'cartoon' did make me laugh though. I wonder what Michael's reaction would be. Something in the line of :blush: or :eek: .

Its all meant to be :wub: hey!

I'm on a smart phone. I didn't think you could get on MJfam with Those. I can try.

You can Barbee, but I admitt, its not as good as on a computer
Don't know if you tried already?
Hope to meet you there one day soon :)

Hi. I finally got on using the link but everyone was gone. :(. Time difference.
It was the regular chat room not the radio one.
I'll see u all there one day. :)

Hi. I finally got on using the link but everyone was gone. :(. Time difference.
It was the regular chat room not the radio one.
I'll see u all there one day. :)

Did you used this one Barbee?
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/mjfam-now

Yes, those damn time differences are very annoying, Grrrr
but actually we are there with people living all around the world ...so the chance you might meet someone is there :)

Look forward to that day :)

Back