Michael Jackson BAD - interesting facts and rumours!, ... did you know that...?

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
The Bad Album As It Happened - 1986 – 1987
Rumours circulate that the follow up to Thriller will be a collection of Beatles songs.
MICHAELBEATLESALONG.jpg

12th September 1986

The first new material expected to be included on Michael’s forthcoming new album is featured in the 17-minute 3D Space fantasy Captain Eo which is exclusive to Disney.

Captain Eo is premiered at the Epcot Centre in Orlando, Florida. The songs included in the movie are We Are Here To Change The World and Another Part Of Me. Only one will eventually make the final track listing.

Billed as ‘a celebration against evil’ Captain Eo also starring Angelica Houston as the wicked Queen, is directed by Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas.

October 1986

The earliest rumours surrounding Michael’s long awaited follow up to Thriller include:

The album is called either Meisterwerk or Bad.

There is an anti drug song with rappers Run DMC.

Its produced by Quincy Jones and Thomas Dolby.

There are ballads with Barbra Streisand, Stevie Wonder and Freddie Mercury.

There is also rumoured to be a version of Nelson Mandela with George Michael.

ALBUMRUMOURS.jpg

November 1986

Michael’s new album and single are reported in the UK press as being set for January 1987. A proposed duet with George Michael is expected to appear on the album.

MICHAELGEORGE-1.jpg

Rumours Bower circulating that Barbara Streisand will duet with Michael Jackson on his follow up to the worldwide acclaimed Thriller. Whitney Houston will also be mentioned in the build up to the albums release

JACKOSBACK.jpg

6th November 1986

Rolling Stone magazine report that rappers Run DMC are in the studio with Michael working on an Anti Crack Drug song..

19th November 1986

Filming begins on the brand new Michael Jackson video set to accompany his new album. The track in question is titled “Bad” and his being shot on location at Masters School in Dobbs Ferry in New York. Several scenes are also shot at in a subway station in the Bronx.

SCORCESEQUOTE.jpg

This Original cover shot for the Bad album is later scrapped by Walter Yetnikoff President of CBS Records. It would later turn up in Michael’s book Dancing The Dream.
BADORIGINALCOVER-1.jpg

The song is originally intended as a duet with Prince, but the Purple one didn’t think it was for him and turned the opportunity down. Reports that surfaced in early 1987 said that there meeting was like a Mexican stand off with only a few pleasantries exchanged.
JACKOMAKESITASILENTNIGHT.jpg

January 1987

Michael’s album and single is delayed for a further few months. A new scheduled date is for April.

PEPSIJACKOLPDUE.jpg

26th January 1987

Number Ones magazine published in Great Bower as the first shots from Michael’s proposed Bad video.

February 1987.

Number Ones magazine published in Great Bower as exclusive photos from Michael’s new Pepsi Commercial. The article is entitled “Behind The Mask”. The song supporting the commercial is reported to be titled The Price Of Fame.

March 1987

An artist impression of Michael is on the cover of Right On Magazine and features an article called “Michael Jackson The Calm Before The Storm”. The article features pictures from the Bad video shoot.

Michael begins work on another video from his new album with Colin Chivers, Academy Award winner for Special Effects direction for Superman. The song would later be known as Smooth Criminal and would the central focal point of a movie called “Moonwalker”.[/quote]

+

April 1987

A song Michael passed over for his Bad Album was La Isla Bonita by Patrick Leonard who worked with Michael on the Victory Tour. Leonard composed the song with Michael in my mind but it ended up being recorded by Madonna who wrote the lyrics to the song. The song went to No. 1 on the UK charts on 25 April 1987 for 2 weeks. La Isla Bonita peaked at no. 4 on the US Billboard singles chart.

May 1987

Spin Magazine in an article titled “Michael Jackson’s Running Scared” mention the anti crack drug song proposed with Rappers Run DMC.

“It’s the lunch break before the band Run DMC come in to collaborate on an anti-drug song for the new album. Everyone is tucking in. Jackson nibbles on a pomegranate.

Finally, Run DMC come swaggering in. Quincy introduces Michael, who remains silent. Seconds tick away in embarrassed silence. Run DMC are unsettled and can’t get their recording right. Its another wasted day”

The song eventually doesn’t make the track listing.

July 1987

News surfaces that Michael’s new album Bad will be released on 31st August 1987. It will feature 10 tracks with a bonus on the CD release. The album will feature the brand new single I Just Can’t Stop Loving You, Smooth Criminal, Another Part Of Me from Captain Eo and the duet Just Good Friends with Stevie Wonder. Of the 11 tracks including the bonus on the CD Michael as written nine.
JACKOBACKWITHBAD45.jpg

15th July 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You is premiered in the UK on the Gary Davies Radio 1 Lunch time show.
IJUSTCANTSTOPLOVINGYOU1.jpg

Dueting with Michael on the album is relevantly unknown Siedah Garrett, whose previous other hit was as a guest vocalist on Dennis Edwards “Don’t Look Any Further”.

Garrett had been composing another song for Michael’s album whn she was invited to stand next to Michael in the studio to duet on the song. Their vocals proved to be remarkably similar.

SINGLEOFTHEFORTNIGHT.jpg

27th July 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You is released. The UK issues special limited edition 7” & 12” singles with a poster of Michael. Baby Be Mine from Thriller is included on the B-side.

There is no official video to promote the single. A montage from earlier Michael Jackson videos is used to promote the single on shows like Top Of The Pops and The Roxy Network Chart Show.

8th August 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You enters the UK charts at no.5

15th August 1987.

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You hits the Top Of The UK charts in its second week. This achieved without the help of an official video release. The song spends 2 weeks at the top of the charts.

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You will spend 9 weeks on The UK Top 100 singles chart

JACKOHITSTOPSPOT.jpg

25th August 1987

Radio 1 UK disc Jockey Mike Smith is prevented from playing exclusive tracks from Michael’s Bad album. Only I Just Can’t Stop Loving You and the title track Bad are allowed to be aired. So incensed is Smith that he vows to break the embargo by planning to play exclusive tracks on his show on 1st September.

SMITTYSBADBUSTUP.jpg

31st August 1987

Bad is officially released

Over two and a quarter million copies are shipped to record stores in America. Bower as orders of over 600,000, while Japan as 400,000. All sales records are expected to be smashed in Germany, France and Holland.

Mike Smith keeps his promise to his radio audience by playing exclusive tracks from the album. The tracks he airs are:
JACKOSTVDHOW.jpg

1st September 1987

Bad is officially released in the UK.

The 24-minute special “The Magic Returns” is aired on Channel 4 and includes the premiere of his new video Bad directed by Martin Scorsese. The special also includes a retrospective of his career

The script for the video is written by Richard Price and is based on a true story about a student called Edmund Perry, who was shot dead by a plain-clothes officer who claimed he was being mugged.

The colour segment was filmed in a subway station in Brooklyn.

Appearing in the cast is an up and coming actor Wesley Snipes.

Dutch magazine Top 10 dated 1-22nd September 1987 as an exclusive flexi disc giveaway with snippets of all the tracks from Bad except Leave Me Alone.
CHANNEL4REVIEW.jpg

JACKOVLEOAPARD.jpg

12th September 1987
BADNEWS.jpg

The Bad album enters straight in at no. 1 on the UK album chart.

It will stay on the UK album chart for 125 weeks and subsequently return on and off over the next two decades.

Bad sells over 350,000 copies in the UK in the first 5 days of release out selling the second highest album by a ratio of 10-1.

Bad’s sales are higher than the rest of the Top 40 put together.

40,000 copies are sold on CD where the bonus track Leave Me Alone is acknowledged as a popular factor.

Michael’s first ever-solo tour begins in Japan at the Korakuen Stadium, Yokohama. Only I Just Can’t Stop Loving You and Bad make the play list, as Michael is still rehearing the new songs.

THEWORLDGOESMADOVERBAD.jpg

19th September 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You tops the American Hot 100 & R&B Billboard singles chart staying there for 1 week on both.

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You will spend 14 weeks on the American Hot 100 Billboard singles chart

While on the R&B chart it will stay for 11 weeks.

That same week, Michael’s follow up single Bad, the title track from his new album enters the American Hot 10 Billboard Singles chart at no. 40.

21st September 1987

The title track from Bad is released in the UK.

BADSINGLEREVIEW.jpg

26th September 1987

Michael Jackson Bad album tops both the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B album charts holding for 1 week on each.

Just like his previous two Epic solo albums the first single release goes to No. 1 on the R&B chart.

Bad enters the UK Singles chart at no.5.

A Bad Special Cassette Gift Pack is released with a Combined Pen & Highlighter, 1989 Calendar and Note Pad.

BAD UNRELEASED MATERIAL
(INCLUDING THOSE NOW ISSUED)

Quincy Jones as been quoted as saying that Michael had around 66 songs prepared for Bad in some sort of shape or form. This was then whittled down to about 33 songs. Here we try and pierce together what the remainder of those songs may have been and include others that have now been issued.

UNRELEASED BAD SONG:

Al Capone
Buffalo Bill (Originally intended for The Jacksons Victory Album)
Bumper Snippet – 2 versions)
Chicago 1945 (re-done as Smooth Criminal)
Crack Kills (With Run DMC)
Groove Of Midnight
Hot Fever – (Became Way You Make Me Feel)
Je Ne Veux Pas La Fin De Nous – (French version of I Just Can’t Stop Loving You)
Mystery
Price Of Fame, The
Pyramid Song (Became Liberian Girl)
Tom Boy
What You Do To Me

Tracks from Bad issued on other compilations.

Cheater
Fly Away
Streetwalker
Scared Of The Moon
Someone Put Your Hand Out
We Are Here To Change The World

HESBACKHESBAD1.jpg

HESBACKHESBAD2.jpg

1st March 1988

Michael attends a Pepsi press conference where they will preview a new set of innovative commercials that will pierce together as one making a story. The full commercial will last 4 and a half minutes but will also be shown individual titled: The Magic Begins, The Chase, The Chopper, The Musuem and the Finale.

Lyrics for this commercial, based on his Bad hit, where written in 1986 and registered in March 1987.

Michael disappointed the waiting pres by only uttering a 15 word speech.

BADPEPSICOVER.jpg

PEPSIADSANNOUNCEMENTS.jpg

LISADEAN-1.jpg

LISADEANARTICLE.jpg

LISADEAN-1.jpg

TAYLORTRIBUTE.jpg

LEAVEMEALONEAD.jpg

I JUST CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU

written by Michael Jackson

Recorded in 1987 with Quincy Jones protege Siedah Garrett after Whitney Houston and Barbra Streisand
turned the song down. Siedah didn't even know Quincy wanted her to do the duet until she came to the
actual recording session.

The spoken intro was recorded while Michael was laying in the bed. It was later edited from later pressings
from the album and compilations.

The lead single from Bad. Released in June 1987, went to #1 on the Hot 100 and the R&B charts, making it the 3rd
best selling single of 1987. It also peaked at #1 in the UK for 2 weeks.

Many fans believe that "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" was the song that replaced "Fly Away"

Performed live with Sheryl Crow on the 1987-89 Bad World Tour and the 1992-93 Dangerous World Tour.

Hot 100-#1
R&B-#1
Sales-#1
Airplay-#2
UK-#1
Australia-#10
Austria-#5
Belgium-#1
Canada-#2
Denmark-#1
Finland-#3
France-#6
Germany-#2
Holland-#1
Ireland-#1
Italy-#2
Japan-#32
New Zealand-#3
Norway-#1
South Africa-#7
Spain-#5
Sweden-#4
Switzerland-#2
Zimbabwe-#2

---------------------------

BAD

the title track of the album

Originally intended as a duet with Prince
"Prince was excited to have been asked" said Susan Rogers in Prince Bio "DMSR", "But he said to me,
'I just don't do that stuff' and I think he felt Michael was going to make himself look better.
The idea for the video was to have the two megastars take turns singing and dancing, in order to determine who was
the "baddest".
The entire idea fell through so Michael recorded it alone. Before the song was complete
with lyrics, The working track was titled "Pee", then became "Who's Bad", then "BAD"

The short film was loosely based on the story of Edmund Perry, a young black man shot to death when
he returned home to Harlem New York from a private college.
The short film was shot in late 1986(months before the album was completed) was directed by legendary
director Martin Scorsese and co-starred a young and then unknown Wesley Snipes.
It was shot in Harlem New York and was the first film shot for the BAD project.
It premiered in August 31, 1987 during the
CBS TV special "The Magic Returns".

The second single from the Bad album. Peaked at #1 on the Hot 100 for 7 weeks, #1 on the R&B charts
for 3 weeks. Charted at #3 in the UK.

Performed on the 1987-89 Bad World Tour, and on some of the first dates on the 1992-93 Dangerous Tour

Hot 100-#1
R&B-#1
Single Sales-#1
Single Airplay-#1
Dance Club Play-#1
Dance Club Sales-#1
Canada-#1
UK-#3
Australia-#4
Austria-#9
Belgium-#1
Denmark-#1
Finland-#7
France-#3
Germany-#4
Holland-#1
Ireland-#1
Japan-#41
New Zealand-#2
Norway-#2
South Africa-#5
Spain-#1
Sweden-#4
Switzerland-#3
Zimbabwe-#1

The single sold 1,628,000 copies

-------------------------------------

THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL

Inspired when his mother, Katherine, asked Michael to make a song with a "shuffling kind of rhythm"

One of the first songs written for the Bad album in 1985, was originally titled "Hot Fever"

The 9 minute short film was directed by Joe Pytka and co-starred model Tatiana Thumbtzen.
The short film premiered worldwide on October 31, 1987. A 25 minute version exists and has been screened
at Michael's home Neverland Ranch.

Performed at the 1988 Grammy Awards, the 1988-89 legs of the Bad World Tour, and occasionally
during the 1992-93 Dangerous World Tour and 1996-97 HIStory World Tour.

Peaked at #1 on the Hot 100 and R&B charts and #3 in the UK

The third single from the album, released while Michael was on tour in either Japan or Australia

Hot 100-#1
R&B-#1
Single Sales-#3
Singles Airplay-#2
Canada-#3
UK-#3
Australia-#5
Austria-#15
Belgium-#2
Denmark-#6
Finland-#20
France-#15
Germany-#12
Holland-#6
Ireland-#1
Italy-#4
Japan-#92
New Zealand-#2
South Africa-#16
Spain-#2(#1 in 2006)
Switzerland-#8

------------------------

MAN IN THE MIRROR

written by Glen Ballard and Siedah Garrett

One of Michael's most memorable singles

Written in late 1986 when Quincy and Michael felt the album needed an anthem with a positve message.
At the time, Quincy's publishing company so one Thursday, he had some of the writers come over to his house to discuss
the concept. That following Sunday, Siedah Garrett, who worked with Ballard, stopped by his house with the song.
The song was written in 2 hours

The first short film, which didn't feature Michael, blended clips of current clips of the 1980s along
with clips of historic figures
The second version, featured on the 1988 movie "Moonwalker". blends clips of various performances on the Bad Tour

Performed on the 1988 Grammy Awards with the Andrae Crouch choir. Also performed on the 1988-89 legs
of the Bad World Tour
m

Hot 100-#1
R&B-#1
Single Sales-#1
Single Airplay-#1
Canada-#6
UK-#21
Australia-#39
Austria-#10
Belgium-#11
Denmark-#16
Finland-?
France-#18
Germany-#23
Holland-#13
Ireland-#3
Italy-#16
Japan-#93
New Zealand-#4
South Africa-?
Spain-#11

----------------

DIRTY DIANA

somewhat the hard rock version of 1982's "Billie Jean", it was cited as Michael's favorite song on the album.

Guitarist Steve Stevens, Billy Idol's lead guitarist, made a special appearance on the song and in the 1988 video

The fifth single and fifth to hit #1 on the Hot 100, giving the album a record 5 #1 singles, a record
that has yet to be broken.
also charted at #5 on the R&B charts and #4 in the UK.

It was Michael's first live video. Filmed in Long Beach California by Joe Pytka and premiered on April 14, 1988, while
Michael was performing in Atlanta Georgia at the Omni during the USA leg of the Bad Tour.

Various performances of the song were aired on TV from the tour in Kansas City, New York City, and Rome
Quincy Jones likened the song to an uptempo version of Roberta Flack's Killing Me Softly and liked
the theatrics in the song.
In 2003, Jones also said it was "one of those songs you just can't mess with because you can feel
it's coming from a deep place in his life."

Ben Liebrand's remix of the song includes samples of the 1981 live version of Rock With You, Beat It
and State of Shock.

Hot 100-#1
R&B-#5
Single Sales-#3
Single Airplay-#1
Canada-#15
UK-#4
Australia-#27
Austria-#7
Belgium-#1
Denmark-#2
Finland-#16
France-#7
Germany-#3
Holland-#2
Ireland-#3
Italy-18
Japan-?
New Zealand-#5
South Africa-?
Spain-#16/#1 in 2006
Switzerland-#5

-----------------

ANOTHER PART OF ME

written by Michael Jackson in 1985

Originally featured in the 1986 Disney short film "Captain EO", which premiered at Epcot Center in
Orlando Florida on September 12, 1986 and was directed by Francis Ford Coppola and produced by George
Lucas, costing $30 million

Included on the Bad album in 1987 instead of Streetwalker. Quincy Jones preferred Another Part of Me whereas Michael favored
the latter which had been originally written for a unreleased Broadway play titled "Street Dandy"
The deciding factor was Frank Dileo dancing to APOM.

The sixth single from the album released in the summer of 1988. Peaked at #11 on the Hot 100 but went
to #1 on the R&B charts, making it the sixth Pop/R&B #1 single from the album. Peaked at #15 in the UK

The live video filmed during Michael's European leg of the Bad World Tour in either Paris France or London England.
Directed by Patrick T. Kelly, it premiered during the 30 minute MTV special "Another Part Of Me", a
follow up to their "From Motown To Your Town" special that premiered earlier that year.

Various performances in Kansas City, Rome, and Tokyo and other areas have been aired on television.
Performed on the second and third leg of the 1987-89 BAD World Tour.

Hot 100-#11
R&B-#1
Single Sales-#10
Single Airplay-#8
Canada-#46
UK-#15
Australia-#49
Austria-#20
Belgium-#3
Denmark-#10
Finland-#2
France-#21
Germany-#10
Holland-#8
Ireland-#5
Italy-?
Japan-?
New Zealand-#14
South Africa-?
Spain-#31
Switzerland-#5
Zimbabwe-?

--------------------------

SMOOTH CRIMINAL

Eventually evolved from an unreleased song, "Chicago 1945"
The opening heartbeat was Michael's and was recorded by Dr. Eric Chevland and digitally processed
in a synclavier.

Featured in Michael's 1988 film "Moonwalker", originally titled "Chiago Nights", costing $27 million
to make.

The 40 minute short film was originally concieved as a western and evolved to the Chicago nightclub scene

The film version includes extra lyrics and clocks in at around 8 minutes.

Co-starred with Joe Pesci and Sean Lennon.

The seventh single lifted from the album. Charted at #7 on the Hot 100, #2 on the R&B charts, and #8 in
the UK, where it gave Michael a record 7 Top 30 hits from one album. It was the sixth top 10 single
from the album in the US.

Performed during the 1988-89 legs of the Bad World Tour, 1992-93 Dangerous Tour, and 1996-97 HIStory
Tour.

Hot 100-#7
R&B-#2
Single Sales-#9
Airplay-#5
Dance Play-#10
Dance Sales-#10
UK-#8
Australia-#31
Austria-#17
Belgium-#1
Canada-#41
Denmark-#1
Finland-#1
France-#6
Germany-#9
Holland-#1
Hungary-?
Ireland-#4
Italy-#10
Japan-?
New Zealand-#29
Norway-?
South Africa-?
Spain-#1
Sweden-?
Switzerland-#5
Zimbabwe-?
Greece-#46

-----------------

LEAVE ME ALONE

Originally included as a the bonus track on the CD release of Bad in August 1987
Released as the eighth single from the album, charting at #2 in the UK, not released in the U.S

Shot in mid 1987 along with "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Smooth Criminal", "BAD", and "Speed Demon",
the animated short film was directed by Jim Blashfield and Paul Diener, was first released as part
of Michael's 1988 film, "Moonwalker."
The video was a sarcastic look at the stories written about Michael in the tabloids such as his bidding
on the bones of the Elephant Man and marriage proposal and personal shrine to longtime friend Elizabeth Taylor.

"I worked hard on the song, sticking vocals on top of each other like layers of clouds," said Michael "I'm sending a
simple message here: Leave me alone! The song is about a relationship between a guy and a girl, but what I'm really saying
to people who are bothering me is leave me alone."

won the 1990 Grammy award for Best Music Video-Short Form

UK-#2, #15 in 2006
Australia-#37
Austria-#20
Belgium-#3
Denmark-#6
Finland-#5
France-#17
Germany-#16
Holland-#5
Ireland-#1
Italy-#11
Japan-?
New Zealand-#9
Norway-#6
South Africa-?
Spain-#5, #1 in 2006
Sweden-#19
Switzerland-#10

------------------------------

LIBERIAN GIRL

Liberian Girl

Originally titled, "Pyramid Girl", was intended for the Victory album in 1984. Michael briefly mentioned it in the mock
documentary that he did of himself in 1984 titled "Michael Jackson Unauthorized".
It was later re-recorded, retitled, and included on the BAD album

The spoken intro in Swahili was done by Letta Mbulla

The video, released in 1989, was directed by Jim Yukich, included guest appearances by Brigitte Nielsen, Paula Abdul(former girlfriend of Michael's brother Jackie, and former choreographer to Michael's sister Janet), Carl Weathers, Whoopi Goldberg, Quincy Jones, Jasmine Guy(who had been rumored to be dating Michael), Jackie Collins, Olivia Newton John, John Travolta, Weird Al Yankovic, Don King, Danny Glover, and Malcom Jamal Warner. The clip was dedicated to Elizabeth Taylor.

The 9th single from the album. Peaked at #13 in the UK, making a new record of 9 top 30 singles from one album.

An acetate from 1989 recently surfaced that includes an unreleased instrumental version

------------------

Speed Demon

allegedly after he recieved a speeding ticket, the song was recorded in late 1986/early 1987.

The short film that mixed with live action footage and claymation was filmed in mid 1988 and included on Michael's 1988 film, "Moonwalker"

Chosen for a single release before Leave Me Alone was eventually chosen in 1989,
Although, promo copies with a picture sleeve and an edited mix was issued in various countries

Dirty Diana was originally written in 1983 and a demo was done, but then he worked on it again throughout '84-'86, then being included on Bad

Smooth Criminal is similar, originally written in 1985 or 1986 along with Chicago 1945

the Smooth Criminal film in Moonwalker was originally titled Chicago Nights

Michael wrote a song called You Not Me in 1979 around the same time he wrote Lovely One

Here are some of the lyrics

"You Not Me"

Why can we see eye to eye
She thinks she right, he's wrong
He thinks he's right, she's wrong

Yesterday I set you free
or is it that you walked out on me
Too blind to see the truth that be
the hurt's on you walk carefully
open your eyes if you cannot see
my love's so right

I blame you you blame me
The truth, the truth will set you free
A life for me, no more we

You purt the rest on yourself
I hope you'll see
it's living in love for me, it's living in love

You took the car, but I hold the key to happiness

that's what for me

Material things don't mean much to me

some of the lyrics were later used for The Brothers Johnson song "This Had To Be"

Another song from 1979, In The Life Of Chico, has a similar subject as Little Susie. It's about a 9 year old South American child who is left to take care of his family in a violence torn area who is later killed

due to Michael's handwriting, here's what could be made out

Farming, starvation, hunger, poverty, a South American Family
Chico, his sister, brother, mother live a force in an old ???
??? is killing the people
and the holy ?? has made ?? supply
?? the father of Chico
went off for help but never came back

Chico 9 years old is left to lead as its family man of the house

hope? for the family ??
so he ?? all day ???
so they ???

Chico ???

[...]

Chico keeps his pride a real man
he decide to go off to the city far away
to challenge from the ?? to build a ???

??? his father's get the money ????

but droughted heat and ?? killed Chico when he was 10.
a ?? born ???

??? his bones in the sun to ???
but god bless Chico
keeps her pride, faith is
Chico man of man

[notice of michael as last line:]
But bless Chico faith
cause in gods heaven Chico his ?? place

3498031895_b1dcc78a44.jpg

3498847136_77714f12d4.jpg

Mainly the majority of the tracks he wrote were recorded,there was also hand written lyrics of a song called "crack kills" recorded during the Bad sessions.,,Im just wondering who has all those hand written lyrics.....
These were in a notebook that was acquired in that lawsuit back in 2004 when that guy had some of the family's stuff from storage. Remember in 2008 when Michael sued them and they had to give his stuff back? Well it seems they haven't yet and they've opened a site called J5Secrets with pictures of the family and pictures of memorbilia like business letters, notes to each other, holiday cards, outfits, and lyrics

In the notebook, it had lyrics to Little Susie, Be Not Always, In The Life of Chico, Lovely One, You Not Me, and some other lyrics

it also had handwritten drafts to the executives of CBS/Epic where he expressed how he felt about how they had promoted The Jacksons' albums and Off The Wall

They probably were recorded, The guy who acquired the belongings had a load of master tapes, even though he probably had to give Michael's back

Im interested in a song called "soilder's entrance".

Soldier's Entrance is from 1999. It was rumored to leak in 2003 or 2004 but it never did
Take this with a grain of salt, but more might leak soon, like Men In Black, a pro shot concert of the 1988 leg of the Bad Tour and some bad era outtakes maybe.

Other oroginal tracks written by MJ
Bad-1986
The Way You Make Me Feel- 1986 (originally "Hot Fever from 1985)
Speed Demon- 1986
Liberian Girl- 1986 (originally Pyramid Girl from 1983 or 1984)
Another Part Of Me- 1985 (later reworked for the album in 1986 or early 1987)
I Just Can't Stop Loving You- possibly early 1987
Dirty Diana- 1986 (originally from 1983 then reworked throughout 1984-1986)
Smooth Criminal- 1985 then reworked throughout 1986-87
Leave Me Alone- 1987

the outtakes that we know so far
Hot Fever-1985
Chicago 1945- 1986
Streetwalker- 1986/1987
Fly Away- 1987
Someone Put Your Hand Out- then reworked in 1990 or 1991
Cheater- 1987
Tomboy- 1985
The Price Of Fame- 1986
What You Do To Me- 1985
Into The Groove- part of it was later used in Black Or White
Bumper Snippet-1987
Groove Of Midnight- 1987
Crack Kills was supposed to be with Run DMC, but it didn't work out. He probably recorded a demo of it
If You Don't Love Me was from 1989/90
----------

The meeting with Run DMC was pretty awkward. Michael got along with Run but with DMC and Jam Master Jay it was hit and miss, especially after Bubbles jumped in Jay's lap

Michael Boddicker, Michael's keyboardist, talked about how Bubbles was very gentle but he could get too playful at times. He even threw Michael down the stairs

He said one time they were at Michael's house when they were recording Bad and how Bubbles and his daughter were walking around the estate holding hands and playing and how he was a little afraid that here was this animal that had massive strength holding hands with his 3 year old

They had to decide whether to record with Michael or go on tour with The Beastie Boys in Japan and decided to tour instead that mix of Another Part of Me wasn't ever commercially released, but it was at the end of Captain EO

Really interesting stuff here. It seems there might have been a song recorded between Michael and George Michael...I wonder why it never got released.

This is all taken from as it is from the mjjvault's tribute last year. This was posted too on the KOP Board.

Actually Al Capone was the early version of Smooth Criminal. Chicago 1945 is an unreleased track. It was also rumoured Michael recorded Tender Love (by Force M.D.S) in the Bad sessions. Around 85'-86'. A demo might exist.

Thanks so much for all this interesting info!

Crack Kills? Well that sounds 80s :lmao:

How awesome would a video for I Just Can't Stop Loving You have been?

Ughhh. I sort of hate finding out about the stuff that coulda been but never was.

Love all the newspaper clippings. I did not know the "*****" name calling stuff started so early. I love the BAD era.

Thanks for sharing this great stuff!

Love all the newspaper clippings. I did not know the "*****" name calling stuff started so early. I love the BAD era.

Thanks for sharing this great stuff!

I know right! They even criticised his looks! WTF!
Even when he's making classic sounds, on top, looking FINE and selling millions he's still getting the sh*t kicked at him.

This world is not right. :(

Since I have a bunch of comments I just put them below the newspaper clips, within the quote.

CHANNEL4REVIEW.jpg

Wow.. "Plastic Surgery has turned his once attractive features into a synthetic feminine mask. His waxen flesh and flowing tresses give him a Barbie doll look and his glittering outfit would put Shirley Basey to shame."
He's just described half the rock stars of the decade there!! No need to call him "bizarre"... Personally I think MJ looked his best during the Bad era...

THEWORLDGOESMADOVERBAD.jpg

:lol: @ the dictionary box.. "*****'s Black Gang Slang"?? Really?

BADSINGLEREVIEW.jpg

"An image that is currently bordering on the criminally insane..." I knew people thought he was starting to get bizarre in the late 80's, but never thought it would be described as such.. :no:

HESBACKHESBAD1.jpg

HESBACKHESBAD2.jpg

The gay rumours started in the 80s??
And this is the second time that I've heard that MJ ate fried chicken... Thought he was vegetarian?

PEPSIADSANNOUNCEMENTS.jpg

He starred as "Captain *****" ?????????????

It was interesting to find out what the video for "Bad" was based on (more info @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Perry). A bit of confusion on the Wikipedia page for "Bad", though.
Michael says the following:

In his 1988 autobiography Moonwalk, Jackson wrote: 'Bad' is a song about the street. It's about this kid from a bad neighborhood who gets to go away to a private school. He comes back to the old neighborhood when he's on a break from school and the kids from the neighborhood start giving him trouble. He sings, 'I'm bad, you're bad, who's bad, who's the best?' He's saying when you're strong and good, then you're bad." In a 1988 interview to Ebony and Jet magazines released on "Hulu" shortly after his death, Jackson said he got the idea from a true story. "This kid who went to school upstate [New York], in the country, whatever, who is from the ghetto and he tried to make something of his life and he would leave all his friends behind and when he came back, on spring break or whatever, thanks giving break, his friends became so envious, jealous of him they killed him. But in the film [Bad's music video] I don't die of course. So it was a true story that was...we had taken from Time or Newsweek magazine, and he's a black kid like me and...it's a sad story."[3]
MJ says that the kid was killed by his friends, but in the actual incident, the kid was killed by the cop he had tried to mug with his brother.

Last edited:
Wow, this is amazing.
I truly wish i was old enough to have seen all of this. When Michael was still peaking and even more relevant than he is now. I loved those articles too. I always enjoy reading articles that are rare and have been tucked away, thrown out or simply forgotten.
It's interesting to put a name to those legs in the Dirty Diana film clip. I thought they were Tatianas legs. haha

due to Michael's handwriting, here's what could be made out

Farming, starvation, hunger, poverty, a South American Family
Chico, his sister, brother, mother live a force in an old ???
??? is killing the people
It looks like:
"Farming, starvation, hunger, poverty, a South American Family
Chico, his sister, brother, mother, live alone in an old run down shack
??? drought is killing the people."

Thanks heaps for all these vintage articles and clips! :)
I couldn't help noticing how the press gradually got meaner and meaner with their nicknames for Michael.

I've just been reading Bruce Swedien's book "In The Studio With Michael Jackson". And when Michael was roughly putting ideas for a duet with Prince with the song that would become Bad, the working title for the song was "Pee". Strange but true !

I asked the mods if they could take down the scans because they belonged to someone else and Moonwalker.Fan didn't have their permission. The others are mine

This was my essay and had posted it here around 2007

I asked the mods if they could take down the scans because they belonged to someone else and Moonwalker.Fan didn't have their permission. The others are mine

This was my essay and had posted it here around 2007

could she just credit them or something? this information is so useful, it'd be a shame to have it taken down. for instance, since you wrote the essay, the credit is due to you. if someone wants scanning credits, they can claim them too. but the newspaper articles themselves is indeed public info.

i don't know, i'm just happy to see all of this now. thanks for this great thread!

I hate that ***** mess. Thanks for the info, interesting.

could she just credit them or something? this information is so useful, it'd be a shame to have it taken down. for instance, since you wrote the essay, the credit is due to you. if someone wants scanning credits, they can claim them too. but the newspaper articles themselves is indeed public info.

i don't know, i'm just happy to see all of this now. thanks for this great thread!
yeah, but the original owners didn't really appreciate someone using their info and their scans without their permission

it was originally a project at The Michael Jackson Vault and then posted here, KOPD, and Prince.org

I've just been reading Bruce Swedien's book "In The Studio With Michael Jackson". And when Michael was roughly putting ideas for a duet with Prince with the song that would become Bad, the working title for the song was "Pee". Strange but true !

:lol::lol: @ "Pee". Cuz you ain't bad, you piss poor. They shoulda put that in the video.lol

So your reading that book,eh. Let me know how it goes. (is there a thread on the post release of this book? I 'member all the talk b4 it was released, but I can't think of anything since)

Wow. I just skimmed through these and I'm struck by the nasty comments. I didn't realize just how long the press has been being mean to Michael. I didn't realize the ***** ***** name began so long ago.

Seems like there are alot of interesting facts though so I want to read these thoroughly. Thanks for revealing who the legs of DD belong to because I thought it was Tatiana.

Where is the quote taken from?

LEAVE ME ALONE

"I worked hard on the song, sticking vocals on top of each other like layers of clouds," said Michael "I'm sending a
simple message here: Leave me alone! The song is about a relationship between a guy and a girl, but what I'm really saying
to people who are bothering me is leave me alone."

Back