Michael Jackson Moonwalker Blu-Ray-2 disc Blu Ray out Oct

Re: Michael Jackson Moonwalker Blu-Ray 5th May 2010

I believe that there's a Korean DVD version that can play in USA as well.

Korean release (region 1/3/4, NTSC). DVD-5 (single sided, single layer) encoded at 1.37:1 (fullscreen) and Dolby 2.0 english audio (and a number of different subtitle options), 93 minute runtime.

But apparently people aren't quite happy with the picture quality they state it is too dark. How is the picture quality in the UK DVD version?

If the picture quality is bad. I would wait and hope for BR.

I believe that there's a Korean DVD version that can play in USA as well.

Korean release (region 1/3/4, NTSC). DVD-5 (single sided, single layer) encoded at 1.37:1 (fullscreen) and Dolby 2.0 english audio (and a number of different subtitle options), 93 minute runtime.

But apparently people aren't quite happy with the picture quality they state it is too dark. How is the picture quality in the UK DVD version?

If the picture quality is bad. I would wait and hope for BR.

I'm happy with the picture quality on the UK version but obviously the Blu Ray will have much better picture quality.

USA should follow next. I want a DVD for this so bad. :( I made up a DVD for it, but it's really crappy.

I feel your pain along with many other Michael Jackson fans in the USA & Canada... :( I submitted many requests to 'the powers that be' lately in requards to this concerning releasing on DVD & BluRay as well as Ghosts and others. I won't quit either. It is only fair for All of Michael's fans to be able to view his art in the family livingroom legally.

Yeah, I know... thought about that after posting... Lorimar Pictures did the movie... but anyway... I wasn't too impressed with the DVD, with it being stereo, fullscreen and all, so I doubt there will be much improvement on the BR... hope I'm wrong though! I always hoped that there would be the 2-Disc Special Edition treatment with extensive making-of, retrospective, deleted scenes and Michael's audiocommentary.... well, that won't happen! :(

As we speak they are scanning the original 4k-master of the film (35mm). They will release it in it's original aspect ratio. Even the movie "The Elephant Man" was released on Blu-Ray on it's original aspect ratio, with Dolby True HD.

As for the extra's. There will be an extended claymation scene in it.

Even non-fans of Michael Jackson will be caught up in the exuberance and virtuosity of MOONWALKER. This 84-minute music video casts The Gloved One as host of a futuristic TV special. Highlights include an extended Claymation sequence and a 3-D vignette put together by the Disney Company. The most endearing aspect of MOONWALKER is Jackson's willingness to poke fun at his own tabloid-headline image.

- What 3D is that ??

I doubt the Blu Ray quality will be that good as it wouldn't have been filmed in HD. Think it'll just be upscaled, not sure though :)

As we speak they are scanning the original 4k-master of the film (35mm). They will release it in it's original aspect ratio. Even the movie "The Elephant Man" was released on Blu-Ray on it's original aspect ratio, with Dolby True HD.

As for the extra's. There will be an extended claymation scene in it.

hi

where did you get this info from regarding the 4k scan?

Cool! Released on my Birthday too!

I doubt the Blu Ray quality will be that good as it wouldn't have been filmed in HD. Think it'll just be upscaled, not sure though :)
I think you can have an HD copy of almost anything that was shot on standard film. That's why we get HD versions of movies that were made so long ago. Film has more than enough information on it to create an HD copy.

The cover art looks great. I'd love for Moonwalker to come out on blu-ray for U.S. fans. I guess we just have to wait. Amazon.com has nothing but DVD versions, not even a blu-ray version which says 'Notify me when this becomes available.' :sigh:

But isnt all blu-ray players region free? Or are you not allowed to order at all when you are from the US?

As long as they have the original 35mm - a HD version can be made...
Where did you find out about the scan IMWhizzle?

Like most dvd-players, you can also make blu-ray players region-free:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

You put in a certain code on your remote control and you're dvd/blu-ray player is region free.
You can also buy the European moonwalker dvd and convert it to a region free disc with dvd-shrink.
The original dvd is big enough to fit on a regular blank dvd so you won't have any loss of quality.

The eu version is about 5 euro's (less than 5 dollars).

yessssssss this is great, i allready have the VHS and the DVD but the Blu-ray is going to be awsome:D

edited

Last edited:

Before Warner, Sony had some kind of distribution rights to Moonwalker in the US. The VHS cassettes said on the side of them.

In regard to the Amazon.com Moonwalker DVDs you see, they are all bootlegs, or official copies from other parts of the world.

well i have 2 Dvd`s of the Moonwalker movie, one that i bought in Spain and another that i bought here in Portugal and they are both Officcial from Warner Bros.

NEWS:

The Blu-ray will contain DTS HD MASTER AUDIO sound. :angel:

The ratio aspect of the movie will be: 1.85:1 (No black bands). :)

Only 1 extra: trailer of the movie.

NEWS:

The Blu-ray will contain DTS HD MASTER AUDIO sound. :angel:

The ratio aspect of the movie will be: 1.85:1 (No black bands). :)

Only 1 extra: trailer of the movie.

oh, no extras? i wold like to see at least the making of as a bonus :(
if they were to keep the original aspect ratio, there will be small black bars (if you view it on a 16:9 screen) :).hope they keep the original aspect ratio and dont crop it to 16:9
17051336.png

what about US?

Kapital77 - where did you get this info from??

So excited for this release!

oh, no extras? i wold like to see at least the making of as a bonus :(
if they were to keep the original aspect ratio, there will be small black bars (if you view it on a 16:9 screen) :).hope they keep the original aspect ratio and dont crop it to 16:9
17051336.png

Maybe the movie was cropped for the DVD. Maybe the movie is really in 16:9, and has been cropped in 4:3 for the DVD. I hope.

Thanks for the cover which is cool.

PS: I'm French, so sorry for my bad English.

:woohoo: that looks amazing !!! I have the lazer disc of moonwalker (with original artwork), the DVD(different artwork) and I can't wait to get this to add to the collection !!! :woohoo:

I wonder why they keep changing the logo. I like it though.

I like the "new" mix of artwork and I really love the BR technology.
But to have only the trailer as the "additional feature".... that just like buying another greatest hits with one demo :(

Whatever... I like it. Thanks for the updates!!

Back