Michael Jackson Moonwalker Blu-Ray-2 disc Blu Ray out Oct

Re: Michael Jackson Moonwalker Blu-Ray 5th May 2010

I second this. "They don't care about us" :cheeky: so unfair.

I thrid this as well as Ghosts and Captain EO. I've been waiting forever in the USA for this.

*omg* just the thought of come together in bluray makes me faint:D

Great news.

Can't wait for Moonwalker i HD quality!

Have had this on pre-order for some time now, still can't believe it's only £9.99 for a blu-ray!!

Release date seems to differ depending on store. HMV say May 5th (a wednesday??!!), Play.com say 3rd June (a thursday) - my guess is it'll be neither of those, lol.

Hopefully we'll get some news on any "special features" soon (fingers crossed it'll have the making of at least...)

I was convinced they'd use the silhouette blue-toned DVD cover for this release, so I'm pleased we have a new cover, though it seems suspiciously similar to the original design, and begs the question: why didn't they just still with the original poster art?

Keep seeing the DVD for only £6.99 in HMV but for only £9.99 I'll definitely be getting the Blu Ray. Just need the Blu Ray player now!

Hopefully we'll get some news on any "special features" soon (fingers crossed it'll have the making of at least...)
Yes!!!! Please, please!!!! :wild::wild::wild::wild::wild:

wow this is cool im gonna get it and sit it with the this is it disc... until i get a blue ray player haha!!

why cant we get Ghosts on DVD??!!?? my videos of it are so old and the sound has gone.

PLEASE someone release Ghosts on dvd!

I Doubt They Will Release This On The Date They Said. But Who Knows. I Like The Cover Of It. But I Also Doubt This Will Be Released In U.S.

1000121775.JPG

*omg* just the thought of come together in bluray makes me faint:D

omg ur right seeing come together on HD would be heaven!!! :angel:
vz8ds.jpg

2h6t7hf.jpg

:dropdead: :jumpy:

edited

Last edited:

Really looking forward to this :wild:
My VHS is so crappy it almost makes my eyes hurt when watching it :blink:
Just have to consider buying a Blu-Ray player and a new tv as well..

Where can I request release of DVD & BluRay for the USA? :(

I had the opportunity to see Moonwalker in HD quality in a french theater (called "Le Grand Rex), on a special event for the premiere of The Michael Jackson's This Is It french release.
Frankly, it's too good to discover this masterpiece again in HD quality on a big screen.
I can't wait to have the Blu-Ray !!!

I Doubt They Will Release This On The Date They Said. But Who Knows. I Like The Cover Of It. But I Also Doubt This Will Be Released In U.S.

1000121775.JPG

For Real? It will be released int he USA? OMG!!!:wild: can i have a link to order?

guess i got my hopes too high bloody money machines. I have my VHS & my Bootlegs I guess europe & UK is a money target... so THEY think the world would pay for this.. get it right. just like frank messed the moonwalker up for usa fans in the theater back in the day all he seen was dollar signs

Of course theres gotta be a U.S.A release! Come on, they're releasing insignificant movies in Blue Ray in the U.S. no one cares about. Surely they'd release this great classic. Especially following up the This Is It success.
My dream is to have this in blue ray along with Captain EO by Disney someday. :)
Keep your hopes up with me Tam! :)

Last edited:

It's hard to beleive thwy would consider releasing Moonwalker in the USA on Blu-Ray when it's not even released on DVD.

They need to release Moonwalker on DVD and Blu-Ray here in the U.S. After all the money that This Is It generated in the theatres and on home media, they should do the same for Michael's video back catalogue. If all these new projects I hear being announced are truely being agreed upon, at least they should think about releasing the videos and movies as well.

Well, knowing Sony they probably just slap a VHS-quality copy on a BluRay!

if U.S. demands are strong enough, I don't see why not. What I would like to know however is, who is in charge of Moonwalker? Warner?
And does Sony have any rights to it?

I have a bootleg copy of Moonwalker. And it dont look like it came from no VHS tape. Looks clean and digital on my screen. :)
I thought they did release it on dvd. Was it released on DVD anywhere else?

OMG!!
Please release Moon Wlker in other country too!!
And I hope that release Ghost next!

if U.S. demands are strong enough, I don't see why not. What I would like to know however is, who is in charge of Moonwalker? Warner?
And does Sony have any rights to it?

I have a bootleg copy of Moonwalker. And it dont look like it came from no VHS tape. Looks clean and digital on my screen. :)
I thought they did release it on dvd. Was it released on DVD anywhere else?

You can get it in the UK on DVD, I think you can pretty much get it everywhere except the US. :unsure:

To make you feel more comfortable, Sony has a litte to zero to do with this. Warner Brothers is the owner of the copyright of this motion picture. Sony only owns the music used in that movie. So trust me, WB has done a great job remastering the classics on Blu-Ray.. They will do that with Moonwalker too.

probably, could explain the price but I hope they don't, there will be a review of it on a blu-ray before had so i'll check it out.

Well that's wonderful for all the international fans. I wish they would release this in the U.S. as well.

MJ's record company or whoever is involved in this sometimes acts like there's no fanbase for him here and that's just not true. They always forget about his fans here. "This Is It" the dvd and the album have both done very well in America. They need to release this in America too for the U.S. fans. I guarantee it will sell well.

Even people who aren't big MJ fans seem to like "Moonwalker". I know it'll sell well.

To make you feel more comfortable, Sony has a litte to zero to do with this. Warner Brothers is the owner of the copyright of this motion picture. Sony only owns the music used in that movie. So trust me, WB has done a great job remastering the classics on Blu-Ray.. They will do that with Moonwalker too.

Yeah, I know... thought about that after posting... Lorimar Pictures did the movie... but anyway... I wasn't too impressed with the DVD, with it being stereo, fullscreen and all, so I doubt there will be much improvement on the BR... hope I'm wrong though! I always hoped that there would be the 2-Disc Special Edition treatment with extensive making-of, retrospective, deleted scenes and Michael's audiocommentary.... well, that won't happen! :(

Last edited:

USA should follow next. I want a DVD for this so bad. :( I made up a DVD for it, but it's really crappy.

Back