MICHAEL JACKSON'S Message To YOU

Top Ten Unusual Ways to Give

You want to give to charity, but your pockets aren't as full as your heart is. Luckily, giving money isn't the only option. Put away your checkbook and instead, get a haircut, knit a blanket, or get a new pair glasses.

1. What Wood You Do? Hurricanes Katrina and Rita were the most intense of the 2005 Hurricane Season. The KatRita Wood Project was founded to help displaced people rebuild their property and restart their lives. The organization commissions chainsaw artists to create art and furniture from salvaged trees that fell during the storms. The pieces are then sold or auctioned off, and the proceeds go to hurricane victims. How You Can Help: KWR needs able-bodied volunteers to assist in moving and hauling fallen trees or in selling finished pieces and contacting corporate sponsors. Artistic types can volunteer for KWR as wood and chainsaw workers to create the items that will be sold. Or you can support KatRita by purchasing a finished piece.

2. Don't Have a Cow Sheep; honeybees, or a heifer might seem like unusual gifts, but for the people around the world who receive them through Heifer International, they can be life-savers. Animals donated through Heifer help the recipients become self-reliant, and the recipients learn to share the offspring and their agricultural training with other families in need. All recipients are trained in animal management using Heifer's strictly enforced Animal Welfare Guidelines. How You Can Help: Honor a loved one by donating an animal of your choice--from a heifer to a llama to a flock of geese.

3. The Choice Is Yours Public; Schools are often under-funded and can't afford to equip teachers with the tools necessary for unique lessons and experiments. That's where Donors Choose steps in--the organization hooks up teachers with great ideas and donors interested in supporting children's education. Teachers post project proposals and other needs on the Donors Choose website, where donors can sign up to give students anything from calculators to classrooms carpeting to rocks and fossils for geology lessons.​

How You Can Help: Browse the Donors Choose website for a project that appeals to you, or choose the Quick Donation option and let the organization place your gift.

4. Take a Short Cut Straight; curly, wavy, frizzy--you name it, they want it. Locks of Love accepts ponytail donations and uses them to create hairpieces for disadvantaged children suffering from medical hair loss.

How You Can Help: There are several ways to give. Go for that new, short haircut you've been eyeing, then send your 10-inch (minimum) ponytail or braid to Locks of Love. For those who prefer to twist their wallets instead of their strands, Locks of Love also accepts financial donations. The options don't stop there. There are also several volunteer opportunities with the organizaton.

5. Calling All Bookworms; One new charity is encouraging you to clear your bookshelves instead of your pockets. Operation Bare Your Bookshelf, an arm of Christian Resources International, encourages Christians to donate excess bibles and Christian books for distribution to chaplains, pastors, and Christians working on overseas missions. Those donating books are able to make direct contact with the recipients of their packages to exchange letters and prayers.​

How You Can Help: Donate bibles and books here. Many other organizations and religious groups sponsor book donation programs as well. The National Yiddish Book Center, for example, accepts donations of Jewish books for its vast collection and library in Amherst, Mass. And Books for Soldiers distributes books to military stationed overseas.​

6. A Blanket Statement Linus; the Peanuts comic strip character, gained iconic status by carrying around a blanket. His namesake, Project Linus, seeks to provide the security and comfort that Linus found in his blanket to other children in need. Volunteers across the country create handmade blankets, which are then distribtued to children experiencing terminal illnesses or other trauma.​

How You Can Help: Project Linus needs volunteers, otherwise known as "blanketeers" to knit, quilt, crochet, or sew blankets. If you've never made a blanket before, the site provides easy to follow patterns and instructions.​

7. A Sight for Sore Eyes; The Gift of Sight provides free vision care and eyewear to underprivileged individuals in the U.S. and the developing world. Sponsored by Give the Gift of Sight Foundation and Luxottica Group, the organization runs vision clinics throughout the world, sponsors "Vision Vans" that provide eye exams to children, and helps recycle millions of pairs of used eyeglasses.

How You Can Help: Gift of Sight hopes to help seven million people by 2008. You can assist in three ways: drop off your used eyewear at companies like LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, and Sunglass Hut; give a personal or corporate financial donation; or partipate in e-fundraising. Need an incentive? The Gift of Sight pledges to give a special gift to anyone who raises more than $1,000.​

8. Bear Essentials; Teddy bears are warm, fuzzy, and the perfect companion for a baby, young child, or even an adult. Give the gift of "cuddle" and donate a bear to someone in need of love and caring. Founded in 1969, Good Bears of the World was created to provide comfort to people that have suffered great loss. Since then they have given bears to the victims of floods, hurricanes, domestic violence and more catastrophic events such as the Oklahoma City bombing and the events of September 11th.​

9. Ready to Wear; Instead of letting a used wedding dress hang untouched in the closet or in an attic, recent brides can donate their gowns to the Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation's Brides Against Breast Cancer program. The gowns are sold at a "nationwide tour of gowns" sale and the money raised goes to both women and men diagnosed with terminal breast cancer. The foundation has also expanded its efforts to include a Grooms Against Breast Cancer program in conjunction with a popular tuxedo rental chain.​

How You Can Help: Preparing to walk down the aisle? Attend one of the Brides Against Breast Cancer sales in a city near you. Already wed? Donate your gown for use in the "nationwide tour of gowns." Making Memories is currently promoting an emergency appeal for dresses or donations after more than $3 million worth of dresses was stolen while en route to a sales event in Los Angeles.​

10. Computer Rx; Computer Troubleshooters is the charity that charities themselves depend on. The organization, with locations throughout the country, provides discounted or donated services like web site design, Internet security, and spyware/spam protection to qualified non-profits. Each participating Computer Troubleshooters location reserves a set number of service hours each month for charitable work.​

How they can help you: Computer Troubleshooter's services make it easier for charitable organizations to give back to others. If you work for or run a qualified non-profit or charity, contact the Computer Troubleshooter nearest you. The website can connect you to other organizations, like Tech Soup and the Cristina Foundation, that provide tech support to charities.​

Beliefnet.com​

:angel:We Are The World...Heal The World...Education IS The Key~~~​

That was so inspirational...
does anybody have the full speech on audio that they could upload for download?

Abandon gossip, abstain from gossip; speak at the right time, speak what is fact, speak on what is good; speak such words that are worth recording, reasonable, moderate, and beneficial to all of those who are willing/truly listening..!

- Majjhima-Nikaya

Paraphrased by Susie

:angel:We Are The World...Heal The World...Education IS The Key~~~

Last edited:
Have you ever noticed how many doorways you walk through each day? Doorways are everywhere, but most people never pay much attention to them. We simply pass through them without a thought as we wander through our day.

The dictionary defines a doorway as an entrance into a building or room. Today, I want you to think about the concept of a doorway in a slightly different way. Instead of thinking of it as a physical structure, consider it as an entrance or exit where opportunities slip through unnoticed each day.

Each doorway is a chance to lead a better and happier life. Those that can identify these doorways and muster up the courage to pass through them can create real change in their lives. But first you must recognize that the doorway is there.

So my mission for you today is this: Identify some doorway moments in your life. With that said, I’d be happy to hold the door for you as you walk through.

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare

H2H International is a non-profit organization committed to sharing the joy and love of Jesus Christ to the abandoned children of Romania. H2H sponsors full-time teachers and hundreds of short-time care givers...

Orphans of Romania Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWadd-MRUPk

Orphans of Romania Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGlFA9gIJ7M

Last edited:
Abandon gossip, abstain from gossip; speak at the right time, speak what is fact, speak on what is good; speak such words that are worth recording, reasonable, moderate, and beneficial to all of those who are willing/truly listening..!

- Majjhima-Nikaya

Paraphrased by Susie

Beautiful Susie
kind of Reminds me of this quote from the bible :)

Philippians 4:8
“Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just,
whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is
any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”

Beautiful Susie
kind of Reminds me of this quote from the bible :)

Philippians 4:8
“Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just,
whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is
any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”

:punk:

:angel: We Are The World...Heal The World...Education IS The Key~~~

I was there :wub: I travelled on the same train with him to Exeter from London... He was so perfect that day.. *sigh* :(

Friendship is a rare and precious thing, one who you can count on for support, advice, help, honor, trust, and loyalty…

"If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it."

Edgar Watson Howe

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

Walter Winchell

Beliefnet.com

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

OMG! Incredible! That's all I can say now!!!
"It's all for LOVE"

Is there any original video???

Last edited:
Our most pressing need, its urgency cannot be overstated, is for all humanity to balance our cleverness with wisdom, our insatiable curiosity, greed and selfish, destructive ambition with our sense of wonder and capacity to nurture, cherish and conserve.

Rose Hacker

Prayer for Children

Blessed God, you have created life to begin with childhood, a time of innocence, laughter, and exploration.

Bless, we beseech you, the children of this world. Grant unto them the nurture they need for strong physical growth, keen minds, balanced emotions, and a holy spiritual life.

Send unto them teachers to inspire an inquiring and discerning heart, to enable curiosity toward their surroundings, and a knowledge of this global village.

Bless them with love, hope, and vision, and keep them ever in your unfailing compassion and protection.

Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson

Source: Adapted from "Prayers of Our Hearts" © 1991 Vienna Cobb Anderson. Reprinted with permission of the author.

Beliefnet.com

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are the World...Education IS The Key~~~

When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall, always.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Check It Out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbOF9KSWqz0

I Have This Dream: Michael Jackson

Lyrics:

Some people say, I live in fantasy.
Because I see the world differently.
Visions come to me in my sleep.
I closed my eyes to see what God is showing me.

Close your eyes and imagine with me.
See the wonder in every living thing.
If we can live, the way it is in my dreams.
Love will take us to a place where god been seen.
This is my dream.

I have this dream.
This I believe.

Let's put Gods love on display.
Angel of love, come my way.
It is really up to you and me.
One world together in harmony.
I closed my eyes to see what god can give.

In my dream, I see heaven and the face of the one perfect being.
I see people turning into angels and God giving them their wings.
This is my dream.

I have this dream.
This I believe.
I have this dream.
This I believe.

I love you, I need you baby, I love you baby.
This is my dream, it is my dream.

I have this dream.
This I believe.

Defeated, I get defeated now, I get defeated now, I get defeated.
I wont begin you to love.

I have this dream.
This I believe.

I believe you baby, I have this dream, I have this dream, and Ive got this dream.
I wont begin you to love baby, now see what you got, I closed my eyes.
I closed my eyes and see what god can give.
I have this dream.

Category: Music

Tags:
michael jackson have this dream cover by ivan boric mj unreleased song track 2009 2008 2007 1980

Last edited:
Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.

- Joseph Campbell

Kids are truly a gift of God.

This is so adorable. Enjoy!!! We all need to be more BOLD like this little guy.

Last week, I took my children to a restaurant.

My six-year-old son asked if he could say grace..

As we bowed our heads he said, 'God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all! Amen!'

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, 'That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!'

Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, 'Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?'

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table.

He winked at my son and said, 'I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer.'

'Really?' my son asked.

'Cross my heart,' the man replied.

Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), 'Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes.'

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, 'Here, this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good already.'

The End

I love this story!
Please keep it moving.
Sometimes, we all need some ice cream..

I hope God sends you some Ice Cream today!

Last edited:
100 Best Blogs for Those Who Want to Change the World

Apr 1st, 2009

The world is full of students and visionaries and people who want to make a difference in the world, and many of those people share their knowledge online through their blogs. Whether you want to change the world through environment, humanitarianism, business, or any other way, there’s a blog out there that can offer you guidance and inspiration. Read on, and you’ll find 100 blogs that can help you change the world.

General
These blogs highlight good works in everyday life, around the world, and more.

1. United Nations Good Works: Find out what the United Nations is doing around the world from this blog.
  2. Gladwell.com: Malcolm Gladwell, author of Outliers and other inspirational bestsellers, discusses making a difference, intelligent thinking, and other important topics.
  3. Ordinary People Change the World: Find out how regular people can make a difference in the world from this blog.
  4. Evange-list: Check out Evange-list to learn how you can use the Web to make the world a better place.
  5. The Give Well Blog: This blog will tell you how to get the most change out of your giving dollar.
  6. What Do You Stand For?: This blog encourages readers to find a cause for support.
  7. A Volunteer’s Guide to Changing the World: Find out how you can change the world as a volunteer from this blog.
  8. How I changed the world today: See what this blogger does on a regular basis to make a difference in the world.
  9. Kiva Stories from the Field: Read the stories of Kiva fellows on this blog.
  10. Blog for Change: Blog for Change will help you learn about causes, connections, and action.
  11. The Change Blog: This blog is all about changing the world and changing your life.
  12. So what can I do?: Read So what can I do? to find out hundreds of actions you can take to change the world.
  13. One Person Can Make a Difference: This blogger demonstrates being a force for change in the world.
  14. Skip a Lunch: Skip a Lunch is about making small personal sacrifices in order to help others.
  15. Have Fun - Do Good: Have Fun-Do Good is written for people who want to change the world while having fun.
Environment
Check out these blogs to learn about changing the world through the environment.

1. How to Save the World: Dave Pollard shares environmental philosophy and more on this blog.
  2. Worldchanging: This blog encourages readers to change their thinking to support a more sustainable world.
  3. Change the World: HGTV’s blog will tell you how to change your world without losing your mind.
  4. Green Tech: Through Green Tech, you’ll learn about the newest, most innovative green developments in technology.
  5. Gristmill: Gristmill is full of environmental news and commentary.
  6. Sustainable Food: This blog discusses practices and actions for more sustainable food.
  7. GoodGuide: Check out GoodGuide to find products that are safe, healthy, and green.
  8. Animal Rights: This blog focuses on the cause of animal rights.
  9. Green Blog: This blog helps business leaders choose environmentally friendly solutions.
  10. Sustainablog: Check out this blog to learn about sustainability, green business, and environmental politics.
  11. Bright Green Blog: This blog discusses alternative energy, wildlife, living green, and more.
  12. Stop Global Warming: Read this blog to learn what you can do to help put a stop to global warming.
  13. Green Fork: Learn how to eat well and eat sustainably from this guide.
  14. TreeHugger: TreeHugger shares green news and sustainable design with a modern twist.
  15. Green Inc.: See how your business can be more environmentally friendly from this blog.
Social Action & Human Rights
These blogs highlight human rights and social change.

1. Social Work/Social Action: This blog is written by the Wurzweiler School of Social Work at Yeshiva University.
  2. Spare Change: Nedra uses social marketing to promote causes including health and social issues.
  3. On Social Marketing and Social Change: Read this blog to find news and commentary on social change and marketing.
  4. Human Rights Watch: Read Human Rights Watch to stay on top of the latest developments in human rights.
  5. Poverty in America: Poverty in America fights poverty and supports organizations that help to end it.
  6. Social Citizens: Learn more about social giving from this blog.
  7. TakePart: On this blog, you’ll find out how to take action on social issues, human rights, politics, environment, and more.
  8. Stop Genocide: Read this blog to find discussion on Darfur and more.
  9. Aid Worker Daily: Get humanitarian news and reviews from Aid Worker Daily.
  10. Survival International: Survival International encourages support of tribal peoples.
  11. Gay Rights: Learn about developments in gay rights, and what you can do to support them.
  12. Humanitarian Relief: Check out this blog to learn about humanitarian workers.
  13. Global Health: Read the Global Health blog to learn what is being done about health crisises around the world.
  14. Social Actions: Social Actions has blogs and community that supports social action.
  15. Coalition for the Homeless: On this blog, you’ll learn about programs, advocacy, and ways to can help end homelessness.
  16. The Humanist Community: This blog is all about promoting humanism.
  17. Women’s Rights: Take action on women’s rights with the help of this blog.
  18. Peace in the Middle East: This blog discusses the need, and actions for, peace in the Middle East.
  19. Forced Migration Current Awareness Blog: On this blog, you’ll learn about refugees, IDPs, and forced migration.
  20. End Homelessness: Find out what you can do to help end homelessness through this blog.
  21. Blog for Darfur: This blog is on a mission to save Darfur.
  22. End Human Trafficking: In this blog, you’ll learn what you can do to help end human trafficking.
  23. iAbolish: iAbolish is the blog behind an American anti-slavery group.
  24. Criminal Justice: This blog focuses on actions you can take to support a more fair criminal justice system.
  25. Tobi Indyke’s Social Action Blog: Tobi Indyke shares events, actions, and more for social improvement.
  26. Education: In this blog, you’ll find out how education can be reformed and improved.
  27. Religious Action Center: The Religious Action Center shares how you can tackle world changing action through religion.
  28. Immigration: On this blog, you’ll learn about the latest in immigration rights.
Inspiration
Changing the world takes commitment and motivation. Students and professionals alike can find the oomph you need to keep going from these inspirational blogs.

1. Operation NICE: Get inspired to be nicer every day by Operation NICE.
  2. Gimundo: Gimundo shares good news and positive stories.
  3. Zen Habits: On Zen Habits, you’ll learn about improving your life through simplicity.
  4. The Hero Workshop: The inspiration in this blog will help you find your inner hero.
  5. The Happiness Project: Check out this blog to learn about facing the challenge of being happier.
  6. Abbey of the Arts: Abbey’s blog is a great resource for any artists who are creating for social change.
  7. Sublime Goodness: This blog delivers inspiration with stories of goodness around the world.
  8. Inspire Me Today: Gail Goodwin writes to help give you the motivation and inspiration to be, do, and create.
  9. The Serendipity Factory: The Serendipity Factory celebrates happy discoveries, sharing news, quotes, and inspiration.
Philanthropy & Funding
Nonprofits can find a wealth of useful information through these blogs.

1. A Small Change: Check out this blog to learn about fundraising for non-profits.
  2. Marketing for Nonprofits: On this blog, you’ll learn how you can help nonprofit marketing efforts.
  3. Give & Take: Give & Take is an aggregator of blogs for the nonprofit world.
  4. Tactical Philanthropy: Read Tactical Philanthropy to learn about the Second Great Wave of Philanthropy.
  5. Philanthropy Journal: On this blog, you’ll find nonprofit news and resources.
  6. Cause Marketing: This blog highlights and analyzes cause marketing promotions.
Health Care
Learn about making a change in health care from these blogs.

1. Universal Health Care: This blog discusses universal health care as a way to reform the health care system.
  2. IgniteBLOG: IgniteBLOG offers a convergence of health care, marketing, and technology.
  3. The Health Care Blog: The Health Care Blog is incredibly informative about the health care system and reform.
  4. Subject to Change: Subject to Change focuses on social change in public health.
  5. The Alan Katz Health Care Reform Blog: Learn about health care reform from Alan Katz on this blog.
  6. Autism: On this blog, you’ll find news and actions relating to Autism.
Art
In these blogs, you’ll see how art can make a difference in the world.

1. The Groundswell Blog: The artists featured on this blog are a part of social change.
  2. Women’s Creative Collective: This collective is a group of women who create for change.
  3. Make Art Like You Care: This blogger creates good art and good works for a better world.
  4. the Painting Activist: This artist describes the world with a paintbrush.
  5. on Social Design.: Check out this blog to find out what designers are doing for social change.
  6. art + craft = craftivism: This blog focuses on art and craft for good.
  7. Art for a Change: Mark Vallen’s blog highlights art theory and commentary.
Leadership & Business
These blogs examine how business and effective leadership can help the world.

1. All Day Buffet: All Day Buffet supports a business model that is based on investment in people.
  2. Leading Blog: The Leading Blog writes to build a community of leaders.
  3. Social Entrepreneurship: Nathaniel Whittemore’s blog is all about entrepreneurial ideas that support the greater good.
  4. The Greater Good: Learn about new scientific research and compassion through this blog.
  5. Fair Trade: This blog highlights ways in which fair trade is working, and how it can be better utilized.
  6. How to Change the World: Guy Kawasaki’s blog is all about changing the online world.
  7. The Practice of Leadership: This blog discusses influencing the world through leadership.
  8. Social ROI: Get inspiration for social entrepreneurship through this blog.
  9. Servant-Leadership Blog: Learn about the concept of becoming a leader who serves from this blog.
  10. Ecopreneurist: Ecopreneurist offers news and support for green and sustainable business ventures.
  11. Chief Happiness Officer: Alex Kjerulf’s blog discusses making business more fun, happy, and profitable.
  12. Tworque: In this blog, you’ll find news and commentary on entrepreneurship and innovation in developing countries.
  13. Seth’s Blog: Seth Godin can help you learn a thing or two about leadership.
  14. SustainableWork: SustainableWork supports the idea of creating sustainable startups and emerging enterprises.

Source: Ashton Kutcher myspace/twitter.com

Thank for the info Mr.Kutcher

:angel:Keep Helping To Heal The World...WE Are the World...Education IS The Key~~~

Today I’m looking for a volunteer who will step up to the plate and accept a challenge. All of you are welcome to join in. You don’t have to contact me in any way, and I’m not going to specify any particular duties or activities for you to engage in. The volunteer must be willing to totally throw themselves into a project that will change his or her life. If I have your attention, please read on.

Many of you reading this today are probably considering some major life decision. Maybe it’s going back to school; uprooting your life and moving to a new area with better employment opportunities; or putting in an honest effort to improve your current relationship. The list of possibilities is endless and the new benefits and opportunities that accompany change are immense. So, if you’ve been on the fence regarding something you know deep in your heart that you should do, why not stand up and be THE ONE that I’m reaching out to today. Is it YOU or someone else who will answer my clarion call and begin a new life today?

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare

Back