Michael Visits Antique Store Pics MOD WARNING post 417

well, when you are a z list tv tabloid who leeches off of the glow of celebrity, and u can't have access to an A list celeb, u go to the moss that grows off that glow, and loves to talk from the outside corridors, and out of his *** about that A list celeb, on a regular basis.

ironic that Billy Bush works on that program, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
People..... RF is banned from MJJC this includes video footage of him commenting on Mr Jackson... thread cleaned

sometimes we can't assist in making a mountain out of a mole hill...

meaning the media will go with whatever the current picture is..

if next week Michael goes out in Armani and driving in a Purius.. the story will be up beat and positive....sometimes we have to learn to ride the waves and not take everything to heart...

Michael's world does not end becuz this week the media highlighting his outfit becuz they don't approve...

as mentioned b4, who ever wants a conformist.. is fellowing the wrong celeb...:yes:

as mentioned b4, who ever wants a conformist.. is fellowing the wrong celeb

Exactly and I did see that on Access Hollywood. I was not too happy with seeing that thing on there. But hey, that is the media for you - frickle. Which is why I cannot understand why some fans cared what this laughable media said about Mike. However, at least the showed video footage. :)

I am still wondering what he bought.

damn. i wanted to see moving video footage of those pics. oh. just saw it. no moving video. lol

Last edited:
Never gonna get why people or the media seemingly only saying how spears or cruise should be left alone but you never hear them say that about jackson who has been dealing with obnoxious reporters etc. for the past 2 decades.

Re: New Pics:Michael visits LA Antique store

L.J. Thanks for your thoughtful, and brave, post. (I'll attempt to match your bravery here. LOL)

Folks, this is a discussion board, and people have a right to their opinions within the parameters of respect and common sense (and board rules). It is ok to have an opinion. It is not ok to bash people if their opinions are different from yours. Doing that just creates strife and negativity and is about as useful as arguing about politics or religion at a cocktail party. Within the aforementioned parameters, people DO have a right to express themselves.

In terms of the photos. . . .. I'm all for personal expression/expression of self. I also agree with L.J.'s "funny farm" remark, only I'd couch it more in terms of "a few fries short of a happy meal. " It would be great if we were all free (from abuse and criticism) to express ourselves. With that said, there are certain cultural norms that make for smooth functioning of human interactions. I would not wear shorts in an Italian cathedral, for example. Lots of Americans (and some others) do just that. I would not wear army boots to a wedding. And so on. Paradoxically, I would like to be free to do so, and I would still choose not to.

MIchael gets a lot of abuse from the press. His fans catch abuse, too, from those things that he does that seem. . . unusual. It's not right, but it does happen, at this moment in cultural evolution. He does not like being called "a few fries short of a happy meal." His choices are, to understand and conform to a minimal parameter of what is usually accepted, or not. If not, sadly, there will be abuse. Such abuse is NOT right, but it is reality. One must pick one's battles. If one's personal expression in clothing is really, really important to one's identity, then go for it.

It's a complex situation, but his choice of attire IS "problematizing." What we have here is a middle-aged, immensely talented rock-star who has basically been shredded by media for decades. This must be painful. Also what we have here is a middle-aged, immensely talented rock-star who chose to go out in an outfit that is not from his own culture, and in mainstream, American culture, looks very much like a dress. That's ok. But, on top of that (literally) is a fedora, a very male-associated item. This fedora is paired with a lacy woman's scarf, although Michael has not shaved and is sporting stubble. OK? This might, just possibly, have flown without the zorro mask, but. . . . . .seriously? I mean . . . . . . . really?

Personally, my vote would be for him not to have gone out that way, because the negative outweighs the positive in terms of media reaction, and this particular battle is simply not worth it.

This is my opinion, and I respect the opinions of others even if different from mine.

Victoria

Thank you! I cannot even add anything to this because you said it all, very clearly, and in a very kind and gentle way. It's all very true, and I completely agree.

So what was Mike doing at the antique store..was it the same one he went to before or a new one? ...antique store..lool..oh mike..

guys i think we need stop over analyzing everything

no1 - if he wants to dress like that let him

no2 - yes this will help him grab headlines and lets face he knows how to work the media

no3 - whoever thinks this is because of the sun, wouldnt an umbrella be sufficient ? lol

no4 - err this isnt one.... i just think the pics are funny lol

go for it mike :D

You are right, it is definitely his right to dress however he chooses. Just don't get upset when people you know or the media call him names and make fun of him because they will. People say he doesn't care, and sometimes I believe he doesn't care, but then he talks about how much it hurts to be talked about that way. So I don't know.
I think that some fans are upset, not because we want to control him or take away his fun or because we don't like him, but because we DO LIKE HIM, and we don't like people making fun of him, and things like this just put a huge target on him. Yes, people will talk about him, but I'd rather they talked about how great of a singer/dancer he is than saying he's crazy for how he dresses, etc. Just like with our friends and family members, we want people to like Michael and talk about how great he is and admire him and understand him like we do. I get upset when people criticize him and make fun of him, and I know that this kind of thing encourages that; that is why I don't like it. I don't think that makes me a bad fan or anything.

Well my opinion is that I do not like what he is wearing and I see why the press attacks Michael on something like this. In my opinion, Michael is asking to be attacked. And the truth is if it was any other person other than Michael Jackson dressed like this, nobody would give that person the time of day. SECURITY WOULD BE CALLED IF A PERSON DRESSED LIKE THIS ENTERED INTO A DEPARTMENT STORE. WOMEN WOULD CROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET IF THEY SAW SOMEONE DRESSED LIKE THIS. PEOPLE WOULD SNATCH THEIR CHILDREN CLOSE TO THEM IN A HEARTBEAT IF THEY SAW SOMEONE DRESSED LIKE THIS. WOULD YOU WALK DOWN A DARK STREET WITH SOMEONE DRESS LIKE THIS???????????? ....YUP!!!!!!!!! I'm ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC.
This has nothing to do with music.......... Being honest folks.!!!!

I have been a fan of MJ for over 20yrs, just before people attack me for what I'm about to say and love and respect MJ and his family.

Now how does MJ expect the media and public to stop calling him ***** or ***** when he comes out dressed like this. I think it is rather sad. Also how would you feel if your dad went around dressed like that.
I think these outfits are getting tired. I just feel so sorry for him, as he doesn't need to dress or act like this to be noticed.
:clapping:I will not attack you.

Well my opinion is that I do not like what he is wearing and I see why the press attacks Michael on something like this. In my opinion, Michael is asking to be attacked. And the truth is if it was any other person other than Michael Jackson dressed like this, nobody would give that person the time of day. SECURITY WOULD BE CALLED IF A PERSON DRESSED LIKE THIS ENTERED INTO A DEPARTMENT STORE. WOMEN WOULD CROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET IF THEY SAW SOMEONE DRESSED LIKE THIS. PEOPLE WOULD SNATCH THEIR CHILDREN CLOSE TO THEM IN A HEARTBEAT IF THEY SAW SOMEONE DRESSED LIKE THIS. WOULD YOU WALK DOWN A DARK STREET WITH SOMEONE DRESS LIKE THIS???????????? ....YUP!!!!!!!!! I'm ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC.
This has nothing to do with music.......... Being honest folks.!!!!

Honestly, that's very true. If it was someone else other than MJ walking around the steet in this kind of covered up disguises I would be pretty concerned I must admit...

Thank you! I cannot even add anything to this because you said it all, very clearly, and in a very kind and gentle way. It's all very true, and I completely agree.

Thank you. We all have our opinions and have a right to them, but we should respect the opinions of others, and not attack them if those opinions do not match our own.

peace-out,

Victoria

I'm with you. This is Michael, like it or not, this has been he does and we as fans accept it, what the mainstream feels like, well does it really matter? Michael isn't everyone else, that's why he does what he does for so many years. We as fans accept it, some may not, but hey what are you going to do. He's like Howard Hughes, powerful, eccentric and yet brilliant.
Just accept Michael as he is...he's never going to change...at least he keeps us all on our toes and is still in the media and maybe too that's how he wants it. Never to be forgotten. :doh:
The Howard Hughes of music huh? But you know it's pretty much a lose/lose situation for him anyways I mean even when he wasn't wearing a disguise he still got dissed and yeah it is embarassing to look at those pics cus once again he gives the media more ammunition to use against him and more reasons to keep calling him "w.acko. j.acko' or to say that this eccentric man/child should get his kids taken away from him. Not to mention making it hard for some to believe that this is the same guy who changed the face of dancing and music videos forever and is one of the top selling recording artists of all time who won a record 8 grammies in 1984 and broke down the color barrier at MTV.

Last edited:
The Howard Hughes of music huh? But you know it's pretty much a lose/lose situation for him anyways I mean even when he wasn't wearing a disguise he still got dissed and yeah it is embarassing to look at those pics cus once again he gives the media more ammunition to use against him and more reasons to keep calling him "w.acko. j.acko' or to say that this eccentric man/child should get his kids taken away from him.

That's so true.... and my point is that I don't have double standards because it's Michael Jackson. And I wouldn't want to compare Michael to Howard Hughes... In the end, Howard Hughes lived a very sad life.

1. Everyone's moved on. Nobody's really talking about this now

2.This isn't a big deal. Michael's done this before so why is anyone suprised?

Is this like a commercial for what his next album will be like? Bollywood music? :D He sure has a voice that can fit in everywhere.

Michael is so cool!

Never gonna get why people or the media seemingly only saying how spears or cruise should be left alone but you never hear them say that about jackson who has been dealing with obnoxious reporters etc. for the past 2 decades.
Yea sadly you're not alone. I've noticed that too. I guess there are several reasons...

1) MJ stands out among celebrities as the biggest star of big stars-like he says "The bigger the star is, the bigger the target s/he becomes."

2) He's a super successful black man.

3) He's got more control over his art and clout in the industry. In other words, him being truly successful got some people wanting to find faults with him to make them feel superior and feel good about themselves.

1. Everyone's moved on. Nobody's really talking about this now

2.This isn't a big deal. Michael's done this before so why is anyone suprised?

Fo real. If it weren't for these fan boards, I don't think many of us would've known about this either. Non-fans don't really care bh. Why is it such a big deal anyways? I saw the pics, had a good laugh, and got over it. Some of ya'll act like it's the apocalypse :lol:

Last edited:
Yer I think the disc definately says 'The Jacksons are coming' :)

Im glad he has watched/ will be watching it.

in one of the Hungarian news portal they reported about this shopping of course..and though they write he dressed "strange" etc they add that Michael smiled nicely on the people around him, and did not care that he was being photographed
smiley_zorro-3322.gif

Back