MJ Can't Sing?

Re: MJ Can't Sing?

LOL good one i agree

LOL!!!

No but on a serious note, some of the biggest MJ haters in my school - when they heard "Heal The World" they were like " :eek: Is that Michael Jackson?!?! He's so good!"

People who deny his talents are either jealous or come from mars...i don't know...it don't make sense to me!

Last edited:

LOL!!!

No but on a serious note, some of the biggest MJ haters in my school - when they heard "Heal The World" they were like " :eek: Is that Michael Jackson?!?! He's so good!"

People who deny his talents are either jealous or come from mars...i don't know...it don't make sense to me!

A sappy save-the-world-bring-peace song, and they didn't know it was Michael Jackson...lol

Don't make fun of "Heal The World" or I'll go ape **** on your ass, lol.

I LOVE "Heal The World", great, great song.

People that make fun of MJ's talent are dumb. He did not sell 750 million solo albums just by CHANCE.. The man is art in human form. His vocal ability is AMAZING.

Vocalists STUDY his voice to become better singers.

They teach about him in dance classes
they teach about him in vocal classes
they teach about him in music classes
they teach about him in popular culture classes
They teach about him in marketing classes
They teach about him in media arts classes

He really is ART IN HUMAN FORM

Michael obviously can sing as was voted #9 on a recent Best Voices poll on VH1 recently.

From his childhood (Who's Loving You, Got to Be There) to his adulthood (Heal The World, Butterflies) there are examples everywhere.

I'd imagine if people say this, it's because he's always bloody miming so they presume the worst. He hasn't done a fully live show since the Bad Tour. So therefore he needs to prove them wrong.

I'm always harping on about it, but an Unplugged show would show them.

Maybe the people thinks male singers tt can sing are those guys tt sang in American Idol. People recognize MJ as a dancer rather than a singer.

To be honest, when I first listen to MJ, I didn't think his voice was very impressive, cos he tend to "shout" certain parts. But after listenin to him live and songs like Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Butterflies, Ben, Got to Be There, Who's Loving You, his voice is just so impressive! I always think singers who have the range tends to oversing, but MJ has the range, but he doesn't oversing and his voice is just so soul-ful!

He's probably the few artistes that sounds EXACTLY like how he sounds in the albums.

Michael lip syncs because its one or the other. If he didn't dance, people would bit*h. But its damn near impossible to sing live while dancing like a whirling dervish for 2 hous straight. Michael could do it when he was younger, but even still, it must have been hard, to control your voice while moving that much. But now it would just be way too hard. And the truth is, if he didn't dance and just sang, people would complain just as they complain now about him dancing and not singing.

Michael uses his voice perfectly, imo. People who belt, like Whintney Housten, for example, are singing incorrectly, because they're pushing their chest voice, which can eventually damage the vocal cords. The way Michael transitions between registers is perfect, it sounds totally seamless and you can't tell when he's changed it.

Actually, if you listen to Michael in that video rehearsal at the recording of "We Are The World", I've never heard a voice that good, just damn!

Last edited:

How can someone say MJ can't sing? That's absolutely nuts. The people who say that are totally missing out. Michael can sing in different ways. I mean look at the different kinds of styles of music he made. His voice range is fantastic. All the little sounds he adds while singing is amazing and that captures peoples attention, well at least for me it did, I thought it was very interesting. He may not sound like Ne-yo or Chris Brown or any of those kinda artistes, but his voice is very powerful in a different and Unique kinda way. Nobody sings like him, even if there are people out there trying to sing like MJ, it 's not the same at all. So, it's insane to say MJ cannot sing. :lol:

Last edited:
LOL Michael Jackson can't sing LOL! What a ludicrous statement. If MJ couldnt sing, he wouldve never got a record deal at age 6-7. People who say MJ cant sing, are probably ones that like "artists" who scream

Some people really say that? Wow, I've never heard anyone say that he couldn't sing. He has such a great voice and he knows how to use it :)

What a funny thread!! It's sad people think he can't sing because he doesn't sing "live" a lot. But if people would take time and look at several performances on youtube throughput the years when he DOES sing live, maybe it would change their mind.

envy makes people do crazy things...and terrible things..from be pathological liars, to kill people...

in this case....it makes them pathological liars:)

they know he can sing...they always knew he could sing..but his success is too much for them to take..

People who say that MJ can't sing are obviously tone deaf

It's because those people are tasteless idiots.

I think that sums it up. :rofl:

When I say that I am a fan of Michael Jackson, most people say to me they think he's a phenomenal singer. I'm lucky I haven't come accross any one yet who has said he couldn't sing...

Michael has to be one of the greatest singers to hit the planet. It annoys me to think people don't think he can sing! :huh:

And it is true that vocalists study Michael Jackson. I have had singing lessons on and off since I was 12 (I am now 27) and Michael Jackson has always been a part of those lessons, with every teacher I have had (I've had about 5). :yes:

Last edited:
^^ True. The good thing about being a Fan Of Michael's is that although you do A LOT of defending for the man - you don't have to defend his talent.

I've never had a conversation with anybody where the depth of his talent in singing, songwriting, dancing was even questioned, it's always about the extra-curricular stuff.

If
mj cant sing - im humpty dumpty
mj cant sing - im not typing this
mj cant sing - this forum wouldnt exist
MJ cant sing - i eat through my ***
mj cant sing - :wild:

Last edited:
OOOOOO Sweet baby-momma!

I about had a conniption fit when I read the title of this thread, lol! Whew!! I better leave now before my eyes start seeing red at the thought of someone thinking that MJ can't sing...

AUGH! *slaps those ignorant b!tches*

I guess they're saying it 'cause they don't like him. Believe in everything which is in magazines, you know. And maybe because they heard once when Michael is tired or sth and now they claim he can't sing. Prejudice I think. And people's laziness. They don't want to think Michael is one of the most talented person.

:mello:

(Hi everyone I'm new here)
that is truly disgusting.And it makes me angry, maybe its not worth it to be ticked off by something that is so obviously far from the truth but i don't posses that kind of composure.
I think that these opinions can be partially attributed to the fact that michael is so multi talented.Everyone here knows he is a musical prodigy which spans everything from his ability to dance( choreograph), write melodies, music and sing.

I think people are easily distracted by "all the bells and whistles" that come with MJ's performances, his outrageous(spectacular) costumes, his unique dancing and that people cannot fathom that someone can be such a groundbreaking choreographer, and have amazing vocal ability too.Its just not that common.Maybe if michael marketed himself as one of those three tenor dudes, an opera singer except the pop version, people could focus on his voice.

Man in The Mirror, Butterflies, Human Nature. I am not a person with patience for slow songs usually but these songs are so crisp and a pleasure to listen to,just to name a few,i am on the edge of my seat throughout the whole song(s).
He has such amazing range!!!His timing is perfect, his voice is multi dimensional, his delivery always so full and from the heart,and even if it might not be, he really makes you believe it.

sorry, rant.

I want to throw that person down a well.

I've never heard anyone say this. Michael's voice is the most beautiful voice I've ever heard! He can do more with his voice than ANYone, and it always sounds so emotion-filled, and rich, and clear, and beautiful. All his life he has had the best voice ever, and the fact that he puts on great shows is an added bonus! That shows that he is an all-around entertainer!

People are 100% CRAZY if they ever say Michael cant sing!!! Ugh-if I ever heard someone say that..........

You're description was perfect Lyndl. I get pissed at this stuff too because it just shows a total absence of understanding with regards to Michael's talent and as fans, of course, you want Michael's talent to be fully apprciated. I can promise you that we won't see another talent like Michael ever again. He's the first and only world class vocalist who also is a world class dancer, song writer and performing artist. That's SCARY talent.

And what you said about his voice, the multi-dimensional, multi-faceted aspect, that's one of the truest things about Michael's voice. He can change it so drastically to fit any particular song or style of singing, from harsh, rough and cutting to sweet, smooth and tender, to jazzy to bluesy to rhythmic to staccato. He has an array of different voices he can sue, different styles and textures and feels. He can go from expressing great joy in his voice to great sadness and then turn it around and go in to great anger, a biting anger even, from a hopeful expression to one of defeat. He can make his voice sound as though it is laughing one moment and then the next, crying and his incredible range is what partially allows him to do it, being able to sing from very low base all the way far passed high C. And he can actually sing in these ranges, it isn't just hitting notes, but he has control of it. His voice never breaks unless he wants it to for emotive purposes, it's always crytal clear, tight, the fastest voice I've ever heard, meaning limbre and precise, and so sweet it could give you a cavity.

Last edited:

You're description was perfect Lyndl. I get pissed at this stuff too because it just shows a total absence of understanding with regards to Michael's talent and as fans, of course, you want Michael's talent to be fully apprciated. I can promise you that we won't see another talent like Michael ever again. He's the first and only world class vocalist who also is a world class dancer, song writer and performing artist. That's SCARY talent.

And what you said about his voice, the multi-dimensional, multi-faceted aspect, that's one of the truest things about Michael's voice. He can change it so drastically to fit any particular song or style of singing, from harsh, rough and cutting to sweet, smooth and tender, to jazzy to bluesy to rhythmic to staccato. He has an array of different voices he can sue, different sounds, styles and textures. He can go from expressing great joy in his voice to great sadness and then turn it around and go in to great anger, a biting anger even, from a hopeful expression to one of defeat. He can make his voice sound as though it is laughing one moment and then the next, crying and his incredible range is what partially allows him to do it, being able to sing from very low base all the way far passed high C. And he can actually sing in these ranges, it isn't just hitting notes, but he has control of it. His voice never breaks unless he wants it to for emotive purposes, it's always crytal clear, tight, the fastest voice I've ever heard, meaning limbre and precise, and so sweet it could give you a cavity.

And what you said about his voice, the multi-dimensional, multi-faceted aspect, that's one of the truest things about Michael's voice. He can change it so drastically to fit any particular song or style of singing, from harsh, rough and cutting to sweet, smooth and tender, to jazzy to bluesy to rhythmic to staccato, he has an array of different voices. He can go from expressing great joy in his voice to great sadness and then turn it around and go in to great anger, a biting anger even, from a hopeful expression to one of defeat. He can make his voice sound as though it is laughing one moment and then the next, crying and his incredible range is what partially allows him to do it, being able to sing from very low base all the way far passed high C. And he can actually sing in these ranges, it isn't just hitting notes, but he has control of it. His voice never breaks unless he wants it to for emotive purposes, it's always crytal clear, tight, the fastest voice I've ever heard, meaning limbre and precise, and so sweet it could give you a cavity.[/QUOTE]

and BTW, WBSS21, I looooooove all your posts and thank you for explaining alot of this stuff for people who dont know about the "technicality" of singing, and how it isnt that easy, but for Michael it is effortless and BEAUTIFUL!!!! And i didnt know that part about seth riggs and how he gives a 'lesser' version for the albums!!! THANKS! I would have loooooooved to sit in on some of his voice lessons!!! I probably wouldve been crying, and having everyone looking at me like i was crazy!!!

oops^ I dont know how I double quoted.......but I can't edit it :(

I don't know, the edit button seems to have dissapeared, lol.

Anyway, thank you PTY. I just want people to give Michael the credit he deserves, I mean, he seriously is the most talented person I've ever seen.

I've heard folks say the same thing about Diana Ross. I mean, please. Just because Diana does not scream her songs and has a somewhat whispery voice, they say she can't sing. I don't pay folk who say stuff like that any attention. Diana has a lovely voice and so does Michael Jackson.

One song that I just love to hear Mike sing is "Is It scary." There's just something about that song, especially the end when he does a little run or whatever you call it. I also like his voice on "she's out of my life, gone too soon, break of dawn," etc. Mike seems to sing in diffrent registers. Some songs are hard and some are soft and whispery.

There was a video on youtube with Mike singing one of the Delfonics songs (I haven't been able to find it recently.) Mike sang the Delfonics song better than the Delfonics. This was when he was younger. There's also another video I can't seem to find where he's singing with his brothers and I swear, it gave me chills. He has on a green blazer, I believe, and he's walking around the audience and looks to be about 14 years old. I just love that performance and I can't seem to find it either.

Anyway, just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

You don't have to like Michael's voice (though I don't know why you wouldn't love it) but to say he can't sing is a fallacy, plain and simple. If he can't sing, nobody can.

There was a video on youtube with Mike singing one of the Delfonics songs (I haven't been able to find it recently.) Mike sang the Delfonics song better than the Delfonics. This was when he was younger. There's also another video I can't seem to find where he's singing with his brothers and I swear, it gave me chills. He has on a green blazer, I believe, and he's walking around the audience and looks to be about 14 years old. I just love that performance and I can't seem to find it either.

Anyway, just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

oooh, let me know if you ever find those vids~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and everytime I see your name, I think of PHM!!! My favorite part was when they went on vacation!!! Watch out for the 'white lightning'!!

Last edited:
Back