MJ Can't Sing?

many other artists could learn a lot from studying Michaels vocals on his songs, the different emotions he brings out, not many other singers can emote when they sing. You can feel what he is feeling. Listen to Shes out of my life :lol:

I'd like to add to this topic that I suppose peep that say Mike can't sing IMO they relate his last album -obviously bad promotion, hence peep's mind got media -controlled, - to his first solo ones.

If someone says that to tease me, knowing I'm MJ fan, I don't mind, I let it be....if they say that fiercely and self-aware of what they're stating...I let out a simple, sarcastic statement , like, for instance...

:brow: ...and let it be...I only talk to smart people :innocent:

well, I knew someone who thought Whitney could not sing? The point is these people are either tone deaf, jealousy and will not give a person their props, or just want to be a jack@$$. There are some people who will degrade people just because YOU Like that person. This are people who just like to be difficult. I have a neice now that we had to break out of these mess. She will always say, "ugh, I do not like that" just because someone else like it.

There are people out there who reckon

- Whitney Houston
- Michael Jackson
- Mariah Carey
- Christina Aguilera
- Celine Dion

to name a few, can't sing.

The cycle goes on. These people will continue to beat dead horses so don't sweat and be frustrated on it.

104 million deaf ppl :lol:[/b]
LOL :lol:

its just stupid though, no one sings like MJ because one they cant and 2 there not that talented

One of my friends who came with me to the World Music Awards is a half a fan of Michael's (she likes the singer not the person) and said that she thought he sang We are the World really badly....saying some of the notes were out of key.

Now i'll be honest here - from where i was sitting Michael's voice didn't sound as perfect as it can....but this is probably due to the fact that he was forced into performing when he wasn't supposed to.

To say Michael can't sing is stupid and ignorant - i happen to think he's one of the most talented singers out there - past and present.

I was thinking about this while watching an old download of the HIStory concert that was taped in some European country (forget where)...he lip-synched most of it, but the parts he did live were really bad. A complete reversal from his live singing on the Bad tour, which I thought was overall good. Maybe he was sick on the taping of that tour, because he didn't sound normal.

As for his recorded voice, I think people "forgot" because the majority of a lot of Michael's top selling singles have featured his "acks," "oohs," and grunting style. Yeah, there was Butterflies, YANA, and a few others, but I think that he's become defined by his Michaelisms - if you will, with songs like Bad, Jam, BoW, and Scream.

A new song with vocals like on "The Lady In My Life" will make people remember real quick!

Michael was not out of key at the WMA's. The playback was blarring, and he had to find a spot to jump in over that. The whole production was unprofessional. The only clip where you can hear Michael singing clearly is on the MTV News clip and his voice sounded phenomenal.

Michael was having throat problems on the History tour, I remember reading or hearing that somewhere. He wasn't in great health.

The point is, I've never seen a performer who sings so well live and dances like a demon at the same time. Michael can hold notes while launching into some crazy dance move.

If people would sit down and listen to what it takes for Michael to sing with the hiccups and the grunts and the aows, etc... They would realize just how impressive that is. It's impossible to imitate, the timing is unbelieveable. He's the best singer in the world.

whos that 10 year old kid singing "whos loving you" cause he sure cant sing!!! lol haters hate on the most stupid things.

I have no Idea why ppl keep saying that michael sounded bad on WMAs. I wasn't there but from the clip I heard michael sounded amazing. The way he vibrated "world" when he sung "we are the woOOooOrld." Are you kidding me? he sounded bad? I don't think so. And i'm not gonna even entertain the thought of the original thread question.

I have no Idea why ppl keep saying that michael sounded bad on WMAs. I wasn't there but from the clip I heard michael sounded amazing. The way he vibrated "world" when he sung "we are the woOOooOrld." Are you kidding me? he sounded bad? I don't think so. And i'm not gonna even entertain the thought of the original thread question.[/b]

Same here. People may just be repeating the same old "he doesn't have it anymore" stuff the papers have said - which is not surprising. He sounded FINE - makes me wonder if we've all been watching the same show.

whos that 10 year old kid singing "whos loving you" cause he sure cant sing!!! lol haters hate on the most stupid things.[/b]

Exactly!!! That's what I invite every hater to listen, and after that they go: ohh, I'm not saying he didn't used to have a good voice, I'm saying he "lost" his voice for sure, cause he did not released for so many years an album, not to mention a live concert. What can I say to those people? :unsure:

They all go mental after seeing clips of Michael in cancert, and they go: maaaan, that's the reason he's called MEGASTAR :D

I guess there is no MJ hater, there are only people that lose interest, cause his looooong breaks between albums.

Exactly!!! That's what I invite every hater to listen, and after that they go: ohh, I'm not saying he didn't used to have a good voice, I'm saying he "lost" his voice for sure, cause he did not released for so many years an album, not to mention a live concert. What can I say to those people? :unsure:[/b]
u can tell them "f*ck off". it always works for me :sarmoti

Exactly!!! That's what I invite every hater to listen, and after that they go: ohh, I'm not saying he didn't used to have a good voice, I'm saying he "lost" his voice for sure, cause he did not released for so many years an album, not to mention a live concert. What can I say to those people? :unsure:[/b]
u can tell them "f*ck off". it always works for me :sarmoti

^
:D
Thank you, but then will be a real shock considering I'm not using that kind of language. Imagine the shock :eek: :lol:

Instead I chose to "kill" them with dates and facts from Michael's career untill they give up and admit that Michael is the best :yes:

^
:D
Thank you, but then will be a real shock considering I'm not using that kind of language. Imagine the shock :eek: :lol:

Instead I chose to "kill" them with dates and facts from Michael's career untill they give up and admit that Michael is the best :yes:[/b]
whatever works for u hun. :flowers: for me it works better the F ! % K off way coz it takes me less time and less talking ;)

whatever works for u hun. :flowers: for me it works better the F ! % K off way coz it takes me less time and less talking ;)[/b]
lol, I hear ya roxanne... they all can kiss my big black ass if they don't like Mike. I could care less :lol:

I'm sorry, but it's impossible to sing well at a concert that you lose 10-15 pounds at because you're moving around so much. If people wonder why MJ doesn't sing so well during his concerts well that's the answer. Go run 5 miles and sing 3 blind mice.

I'm sorry, but it's impossible to sing well at a concert that you lose 10-15 pounds at because you're moving around so much. If people wonder why MJ doesn't sing so well during his concerts well that's the answer. Go run 5 miles and sing 3 blind mice.[/b]
thats probably the best way in describing it really

Michael Jackson is the greatest vocalist.. There are singers that sing sertain pitches, tones, and vocal ranges better than Michael.. But like Dance, Michaels versitility is AMAZING.. He can sing within a large vocal range.. NOT ONLY THAT, he steps into the vocal like I've never seen ANYONE DO.. He lives the song, he lives the emotion, he lives the instraments.. His voice dances with the instramentals.. It becomes ONE.. I have never heard a singer do it like Michael..

People that say Michael cannot sing are a mixture of a few different things..

1) Simply say that because of what people SAY about Michael 'he does not have it anymore'
2) are just stupid. would not know talent if it hit them over the head
3) are SO caught up in todays trends, they cannot think out of it's box
4) not EVERYONE is going to love Michaels voice, everyone has different likeings, and are attracted to different sound waves, lengths, tones.. It goes WAY into the mind and how it works.. for EXAMPLE: Some get soothed over deep voice, lets say their father had a deep voice and they are conforted by it subconsiously..

Michael Jackson is the greatest vocalist.. There are singers that sing sertain pitches, tones, and vocal ranges better than Michael.. But like Dance, Michaels versitility is AMAZING.. He can sing within a large vocal range.. NOT ONLY THAT, he steps into the vocal like I've never seen ANYONE DO.. He lives the song, he lives the emotion, he lives the instraments.. His voice dances with the instramentals.. It becomes ONE.. I have never heard a singer do it like Michael..

People that say Michael cannot sing are a mixture of a few different things..

1) Simply say that because of what people SAY about Michael 'he does not have it anymore'
2) are just stupid. would not know talent if it hit them over the head
3) are SO caught up in todays trends, they cannot think out of it's box
4) not EVERYONE is going to love Michaels voice, everyone has different likeings, and are attracted to different sound waves, lengths, tones.. It goes WAY into the mind and how it works.. for EXAMPLE: Some get soothed over deep voice, lets say their father had a deep voice and they are conforted by it subconsiously..

I think a lot of people who don't know much about singing confuse belting and being a great singer. A lot of singers can belt out a tune and make it sound pretty good. Michael however, left the stage of belting about 30 years ago. I don't think it interests him to sing in that way anymore, although he obviously could. Since his late teens, he's focused on experimenting with his voice and really expressing the emotion of the song. He plays with the sounds and the words. Like WBBS has so eloquently pointed out, he has unbelievable control and timing as well as great range and a beutiful timbre. That is what makes a great singer.

To those who say Michael can't sing, tell them that Frank Sinatra begs to differ :lol:

To those who say Michael can't sing, tell them that Frank Sinatra begs to differ[/b]

Damn straight! You're point about belting is well taken too. It's actually an incorrect form of singing, usually done by vocalists who push their chest registers to the very outer limits to lend the same richness of that voice to higher notes. You're supposed to sing in your head voice for higher ranges, neglecting to do so can damage the vocal cords.

I know I've already said this somewhere in this thread, forgive my habit of being repetitive, lol, but Michael has been stated, by his voice coach Seth Riggs, to have a range of 4 octaves, all connected, meaning from his lowest range to his highest, not including falsetto. He sings well into low base and well passed high C in his upper range. Seth has also described doing vocal warm ups with Michael as the equivalent to fine tuning a Ferrari. Also, according to someone I've spoken too who is also a student of Seth's, Seth say's Michael is the most talented male vocalist he's ever heard, and Seth is Stevie Wonder's voice coach, he was Luther Vandross's voice coach, Barbra Striesand's voice coach, etc... and he said also that people have no idea just how gifted he is as he holds back to an incredible extent on his records. This same person told me that Michael will sing a song that is going to end up on his album for Seth to work out any kinks, do it incredibly, and then proceed to record, on purpose, a lesser version for the album. Seth supposedly has asked Michael why he does this, and Michael doesn't have an answer for him. I've also been told by this person that they've heard some of Michael's vocal lessons, and his transition from register to register is the best, extremely clean, seamless and controlled, that he has an unbelievable capacity to hold notes, for people that think he has bad wind capacity. That's the mark of a good singer, someone who transitions between the registers without any detection of a change, without any indication of a break; it just flows together without you even hearing it. Michael does that unbelievably well. Michael's the best vocalist, he's a consummate professional beyond what most people can ever imagine, his natural gift is a phenomenon. The depth and dimension of his voice is more intricate then any other singer I think I've ever heard, it literally changes with each note. A lot of singer’s voices are one dimensional, they let through a solid, nice sound, but that's all they've got. Michael's got a range of colors and textures to his voice more vast then any other. Couple that with his genius in expressing emotion, and he can't be beat. He makes you feel when he sings, he rips the core of a song out and shows it bare to you, he let's you hear the essence of it, he makes you unsure if he is the singer or the song. That's brilliance. Technically, he is the best, and emotionally, he is the best. He holds back, so we don't even know how good he is really.

Back