MJ Fight For #1 W (Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!) Please read updated post #234

babykinsilk05

Proud Member
NEW JACKSON MAKES IT SONY IN DECEMBER

Stringer and Barnett Will Have Five of Top Six, with Jackson, Boyle, Glee, Evancho and R. Kelly

December 15, 2010

You know it’s that time of year when Michael Jackson rises again.

Epic’s MICHAEL, the late superstar’s second official posthumous release (after last year’s This Is It soundtrack), hit retail Tuesday, and first-week sales estimates are now between 225-250k for the album.

That would put the Moonwalker in a vigorous three-horse race with Sony stable mate Susan Boyle’s still-reigning The Gift and Big Machine frisky colt Taylor Swift’s Speak Now for #1 on next week’s HITS Top 50 sales chart.

Those totals are based on one-day sales reports from those hardy music retailers who haven’t abandoned their stores to set up Christmas tree lots.

The next three positions are all Team Stringer/Barnett acts, too, with Columbia’s Glee Cast Christmas and Jackie Evancho albums vying with Jive/JLG’s debuting R. Kelly, with estimates for the latter in the 150-160k range, which would beat most industry forecasts, as the veteran R&B superstar tends to do. That would give Sony five of the top six albums on next week’s chart.

Next highest debut comes from Bad Boy/Interscope’s Diddy Dirty Money, the latest project from P. Diddy, which would seem to be in the 60-65k range after an appearance several weeks ago on Saturday Night Live.

American Idol alumnus Crystal Bowersox’s 19/Jive/JLG debut is on target for 45-50k, with Atlantic’s Tank aiming for 40-45k and Jive/JLG’s Ciara between 35-40k.

Last 2010 release date is Tuesday, with Geffen’s Keyshia Cole, J/RMG’s Jamie Foxx and Interscope’s Keri Hilson the remaining big names on the schedule.

The market was up 11% vs. last week, down 15% vs. same week last year and still down 13% year to date.

Now please excuse us while we get rotten, stinking drunk at the office holiday party and completely embarrass ourselves by throwing up all over the copy machine.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08337m01

not the end of the world, by Friday, it could be higher...but wow!

Last edited:
Re: Hit: MJ will fight for #1 selling between 225k -250k first week

Thanks God the potential album sales are not strong

225K is realy realy weak for a first week
The second week will be a big fall about 150 to 175 K

The album will not reach sell more than 3 million
That was my thoughts

HAPPY

That was my thoughts

HAPPY

so are we openly hating on a Michael Jackson album on a Michael Jackson forum now? just wondering.

yeah i was just wondering aswell. wasnt sure if i read it wrong. well at least the media will be happy laughing at all these fans. i guess it ok if mj gets crapped on again if it gets one over sony and the cascios.gotta love those priorites

That was my thoughts

HAPPY
Why happy??????

Terrible attitude to have in my opinion

That was my thoughts

HAPPY
:bugeyed:doh:

I never ever thought MJ fans would ever hope for the demise of a Michael Jackson album. It's so sad. The craziness going on here makes me want to disappear for a while and come back when it's passed but unfortunately... it may never. It's tragic.

so are we openly hating on a Michael Jackson album on a Michael Jackson forum now? just wondering.

I am not hating on my beloved michael Jackson
This is not his album but an impersonators' dont confuse please

I am happy that Sony is not having what he wished simple as it is

I never ever thought MJ fans would ever hope for the demise of a Michael Jackson album. It's so sad. The craziness going on here makes me want to disappear for a while and come back when it's passed but unfortunately... it may never. It's tragic.
I know... it's so sad. :(

I am worried about the future of Michael's legacy. I have never seen or heard so much BS in my life.

All this hating won't get him back, wtf is wrong with some people!!

I am out, peace love and blessings to all!!

yeah if you repeat it to yourself often enough, you will believe it.

While I personally hope the album is a hit, the reason why some people want the album to fail is precisely because they're MJ fans. IF the Cascio tracks are indeed fake, it would be cosmic justice for the album to fail, because it means Sony will think twice next time before trying to pull one over the fans' eyes.

I always thought America won't let the golden boy down. Keep buying, ke-ke-keep buying!

That was my thoughts

HAPPY

So this is the way it is, you are openly against Michael. You know what, i really wish you would all just leave this forum and open your own because for many of us you are blackening Michaels name and were sick of it.

Come on, it's 7 full MJ tracks with 3 that have been 'padded out' with others as there wasn't much MJ vocal available. No big conspiracy and the album deserves to be a big hit.

Releasing Another Day or Behind The Mask as the lead track would have done that.

That was my thoughts

HAPPY

This is the worst and dumbest post I have ever read on a MJ forum?

I'm choked really.... :doh: :bugeyed:doh:

So you are saying that the whole album is not MJ now are you? Since when? Absolutely ridiculous I have kept quiet through all these it is/it isnt him threads until I read your post but now Im just gobsmacked

I am worried about the future of Michael's legacy. I have never seen or heard so much BS in my life.

All this hating won't get him back, wtf is wrong with some people!!

I am out, peace love and blessings to all!!

Don't turn it like that. It's far away from hating. Just leave and go on. And if he lost fans there would be always new ones.

:no:
While I personally hope the album is a hit, the reason why some people want the album to fail is precisely because they're MJ fans. IF the Cascio tracks are indeed fake, it would be cosmic justice for the album to fail, because it means Sony will think twice next time before trying to pull one over the fans' eyes.
but who gets attacked and hated on? what do the headlines state. they dont mention the cascios or sony etc. they state mj was a flop its a year and half and ppl arent intresed in him already. the fans have done a great job for the media. they are just sat back laughing while they create their headlines. im not going to help the media in that way regardless of what i think about the album because michael the person is to important to me.fans need to realise how they are being used. and how all of this comes back on mj

I am against the cascio tracks because i think they are fraudulent and i hope that if the album doesn't do well the public at large will be made aware of the real reason why. I would hate to see mj's legacy damaged but if it is it will not be the fault of his fans but of the greedy lying cheats behind the fake tracks combined with sony's choice to put them on the album and then to make it worse they do crap promotion.

so easy to complain about every project that are released now after June 09, isn't it. Use your heads and think, it's starting to become a lil dumb and terribly sad.

Michael ain't here to bless it, he will never be here to bless anything from now on, but I be damned to hate on an album or some songs I like just cuz of some people tells me so or I think I'm doing the right thing just because we have to hate on everybody who trying to do SOMETHING to give the public a little bit of fresh music. I've been waiting for an album for almost ten years!!

Got fans saying they like the song Monster, but they are afraid to speak about it online cuz they are wondering what the "other" mj fans are saying, and then they get blocked or whatever. Sad!!

People don't want to be fooled, me neither, but I like the album, and whatever they did with some of the songs, it works. Who the hell knows how it sounded in the first place.

hmm.. 225k is significantly lower than sony's estimate of 400k. either sony is completely off or the article is inaccurate.

but, with this type of lukewarm promotion in the states, i'm not surprised if the album doesn't meet expectation.

seriously, if you are not a fan or michael's friend on facebook, you will have no idea this album exist.

This is the worst and dumbest post I have ever read on a MJ forum?

I'm choked really.... :doh: :bugeyed:doh:

choked about what

True fans dont care anymore about the sales but only quality
True fans prefer michael Jackson not selling as he used to sell and get quality produtcs where true mj's talent is put forward

Money at ALL prices is what pushed Sony to close his eyes concerning the fake songs and killed michael Jackson's legacy

Now that Sony will realize that the name michael Jackson is no more as marketable as he used to be then they will change their strategy focus on his fan base only and popose us the true michael Jackson with a lot of unrealeases

Moving on please from real vs fake. Why must every single thread turn into this?

this is really ridiculous! of course it IS michaels album. if u dont like the cascio tracks then at least u should like all the other songs that are clearly by michael!!! and they are great! and this album needs to become a success. cant believe where we are going here. some MJ fans should listen to themselves. this is not only about the cascio tracks anymore..

Remember back near the beginning of last year? Everyone was happy and excited. We had a real sense of community. I was welcomed like a best friend and loved. But now... the difference is like night and day. So much hate, so much bitterness. This forum has become a very unpleasant place to be and that is so sad.

I'm tired of the real vs non real track debate. It really is getting old and tarnishing MJ's fans reputation, and ripping apart the community. It sickens me.

some people feeds off the negativity, I'm almost getting there myself, so I better leave before my mind explodes into a thousand crushed butterflies :( Sigh

Peace&love

Remember back near the beginning of last year? Everyone was happy and excited. We had a real sense of community. I was welcomed like a best friend and loved. But now... the difference is like night and day. So much hate, so much bitterness. This forum has become a very unpleasant place to be and that is so sad.

i wish it would be march 2009 again.

i hope Michael does not see all of this here! MJ who prays L.O.V.E. has Fans who are full of HATE. :doh:

Back