MJ Fight For #1 W (Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!) Please read updated post #234

Re: Hit: MJ will fight for #1 selling between 225k -250k first week

I remember when the This Is It soundtrack came out, it debuted at #1 in Canada with sales of 58,000! That's pretty big for Canada. I think if Boyle and Glee are only selling 20-25k MJ has a decent chance at #1 here.

it is now or never for a new world record for MJ...

BUY IT or give good critic on amazon etc !

I am buying them as presents. Why is this a big deal?

No big deal, just my POV. If it's for presents then fair enough (if the recipients want them - presents should be a selfless act). I meant more people buying multiple copies for themselves to try & bump up the figures.

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

That's great. Wunderbar.

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

Remember when we were all actually excited about this album? Waiting and waiting on any few scraps the insiders would give us? Bombarding the "Official New Album Thread" with questions on when the announcement would hit and when it would be released? Biting and scratching and pouncing on one another just to get every little detail we could possibly get about it's arrival?

Yeah, well it's completely unbelievable that all of us were once this way towards this album. The atmosphere among MJ fans has done a complete 180 since the announcement & release. I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought something so incredible like this could EVER turn this way, with so much bitterness towards something WE ALL were looking forward too.

MJ has 25 million fans on facebook. Weak sales would tell you that these are fans of his past works (80s and Dangerous) and not the most recent material (HIStory on...).

i doubt most of them are fans at all and just jumped on the june 25th bandwaggon

loka;3138802 said:
please spread this word :

If this album is number 1 in usa this week, mj will be the first artist ever to be n°1 in 4 decades !

Please, stop the hate just few days and give mj a new world wide record !!!

loka is right!!! Make history people c"mon!!!

But really everyone is right about the promotions in the US is very POOR. Its kinda sad in a way...

Michael's "legacy" is not tied to the sales of albums after he's passed. Nor is it tied to bickering on a fan site.

Why so condescending? In most of your posts as well might I add.

i doubt most of them are fans at all and just jumped on the june 25th bandwaggon

It's mostly the '25th Bandwagon lot' that believe a certain 3 tracks contain MJ's real vocals.

I hate to say it but if sony had actually put tracks on this album that were 100% MJ's vocals we wouldn't have had this negative publicity, hindering the album sales.

Now, now. Just because someone became a fan after MJ passed on doesn't make them any less of a fan, nor does it give them any less of a "musical" ear for MJ's voice. How long you were a fan for doesn't matter when it comes to someone's ears.

In fact, I'm a tiny bit insulted by having people insinuate that I'm less of a fan because I've been his fan for more than a year. I truly wish I was his fan for longer, and I listen to his music everyday. Does none of that matter if I was only a fan when I finally decided to listen to him to "see what all the fuss was about"(what I said a couple of days after his passing)?

Give it Up with the LABELs People. Stop the negativity. Use it to go Do something positive.

Yup. Most of my friends are a fan of him on Facebook, but I know they wouldn't go out and buy the album. They clicked the "Like" button on June 25th, but they forgot about him since.

Last edited:

Tisk Tisk Tisk!! ^^^^ :no:

Thanks God the potential album sales are not strong

225K is realy realy weak for a first week
The second week will be a big fall about 150 to 175 K

The album will not reach sell more than 3 million
That was my thoughts

HAPPY

:bugeyed ... :puke: so sickening !

Tomorrow I will buy 3 copies of the album shipped in a US address in order to help Michael reach No1.

No big deal, just my POV. If it's for presents then fair enough (if the recipients want them - presents should be a selfless act). I meant more people buying multiple copies for themselves to try & bump up the figures.
What's wrong with people buying multiple copies even for themselves? I know a bunch of people who have a copy of all of his albums in their house, a different one in their car, one where they work etc. Even with his other albums there was still fans buying more than 1 copy. I've bought 4 copies, 3 of them as gifts.

I know that every friend of mine and family member will get MICHAEL for Chrsitmas this year! Do the same and give all your friends MICHAEL for Christmas. That is wonderful gift and that will definitively help MJ to be Number 1.

And remember to buy them in different stores or in different time.

To the fans intentionally hating on this album. You do know that this along with maybe 1 or 2 more albums will be the last times Michael Jackson is ever mentioned on Billboard as a brand new album and a debut.

After that you will never ever hear any talk about any potential first week sales this or that. It will be over. So enjoy it while you can please.

To the fans intentionally hating on this album. You do know that this along with maybe 1 or 2 more albums will be the last times Michael Jackson is ever mentioned on Billboard as a brand new album and a debut.

After that you will never ever hear any talk about any potential first week sales this or that. It will be over. So enjoy it while you can please.

This is true and it will be hard to forgive these fans for what they are doing.

Shame of those of you who are happy that the sales are not strong!
You have become hateful, you underestimate and destroy!
I wish I never lived a moment like this!
The problem is that NON OF US WILL TAKE THE BLAME FOR THE ALBUM IN CASE IT FLOPS BUT MICHAEL WILL AND THE MEDIA WILL HAVE A BALL!
YOU DISGUST ME!!!

If you guys have any extra money invest it in MICHAEL because we are making history with this.. If MICHAEL hit number one in US Michael will have number one album in 4 decades. Lets make history again..

Whe I agree a comment stating that how long they are a fan duz not make them less if a fan, I'd have to say that in most cases it does deal with length of time with trueky knowing mjs voice... I like some other fans can pretty much tell what year a song was recorded by the voice we hear.. Not that new fans are less capable it takes time to hear and get a voice down to that extent.. Unless a person duz not have a life,job, school and has heard basically Mj track ever released it takes time.. Mjs voice did change slightly on every album. It kept getting a bit deeper, slowly brought in different vocal techniques, ranges, and his breathing patterns surfing singing has changed so much Especially 2000-2009...

Shame of those of you who are happy that the sales are not strong!
You have become hateful, you underestimate and destroy!
I wish I never lived a moment like this!
The problem is that NON OF US WILL TAKE THE BLAME FOR THE ALBUM IN CASE IT FLOPS BUT MICHAEL WILL AND THE MEDIA WILL HAVE A BALL!
YOU DISGUST ME!!!

Agree 100%

Huh? :mello:

Not you. The persons talking negative stuff. The thread was moving fast and it looked as if I was 'pointing' at you.
:wub:

I will invest on michael!!!! I allready Have. I will buy more. I want Michael Number 1!!!! It is where our KING deserves to be.

Start buying at Best Buy and Walmart mainly!

Not you. The persons talking negative stuff. The thread was moving fast and it looked as if I was 'pointing' at you.
:wub:

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification :).

By the way, smooth, how is this album failing? It's doing pretty damn good on iTunes..? >> Official Charts Thread for 'Michael'

I'm not buying it because of the 3 songs. I'm sure alot of others are doing that too.

I'm not buying it because of the 3 songs. I'm sure alot of others are doing that too.

And that is absolutely your right...

I admit I don't understand it because just hearing "Much Too Soon" makes me think maybe magic does exist. Oh Michael, who did you want to come back to you and she didn't?

Back