MJ @ Grammys....He will NOT Perform, According to Extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jackson Rehearsing for Grammys

It would be without doubt the most eagerly awaited performance from the worlds greatest living entertainer - but will it happen? Fox News are reporting that MJ has been rehearsing at a Burbank studio to recreate Billie Jean. Right now, nobody knows if this is a done deal.

Fox News

Re: Michael Jackson Rehearsing for Grammys

Recreating.. ? Really?! OMG that would be kinda dream come true!! A new BJ performance!!

... up the **** shoot

Re: Surprise Performer At The Grammys!

It could be. But I don't think that the Grammies would miss the opportunity to advertise Michael's performance and get the highest ratings possible. After all, that is their goal.
Exactly. Of course, they will benefit from all of the speculation, as fans on Janet boards think it's her.

But I think it's neither. Janet is rehearsing for a Good Morning America concert on the 26th, the day her CD drops, and MJ?

Who knows. Maybe they leaked the 'grammys and MJ been in negotiations, but all he will do is show up' line to throw peeps off.

MJ doesn't like to do TV performances. Never have. Plus I would think that he would save himself for new work.

Hell, it could be Madonna. She was in NYC hosting a benefit a few days ago and she has a new CD coming out soon.

It could be Barbra Streisand. It could be Paul McCarthney. It could be the reunion of some big mega band of the 70s. Who knows.

All I know is I'm not getting worked up about it because the performances on the Grammys have gone down in the toilet in recent years and MJ would need to do the WHOLE show in order to impress me....:rolleyes:

I think it means that he is recreating the live mix, maybe having rehearsals for Fergie but not rehearsing himself.. But who knows.

OMFG FOR REAL???
OR just rUMOUR?

Yes but, it can be anybody! Michael, Madonna, Mariah, or Janet are my best bets. And, don't lie. They wouldn't advertise Michael's performance. Having a 'surprise performer' would make any fan of ANYBODY watch the show because they wouldn't know who it is. The Mariah fans will watch to see if it might be her, or the Madonna fans, the MJ fans, the Janet fans etc.... Having a surprise unites more viewers. Obviously.
True dat and when its some 'nobody' in the eyes of everyone else who were wishing for A, B, or C, and the performance SUCKS and the whole show SUCKS, peeps get pissed off, sitting thru yet another boring show.

With VHS tape and Utube, I think I will still sit this one out.

This thread will be merged with the other Grammy thread.

I'm being sensible and realistic here. You watch.. that Rodjer Friedman article will be duplicated beyond belief within the next 48 hours by other journalists online and through other media outlets, and, if the rumour that MJ is planning to perform is infact true, and he pulls out because it's been spread by the media, the fans will not be happy.

Hence why I think this forum should take NO PART in spreading (potentially true) rumours. Just to be safe.

That's my 2 cents worth anyway.

i agree.. CLOSE THE THREAD!

OMG and now the name makes the thread even worse. Im going to bed and expect to wake up to a ruined potential surprise. If this discussion aint closed i am BETTING on a fan riot after Grammys if he doesnt perform.

Close it.

Last edited:

It would be without doubt the most eagerly awaited performance from the worlds greatest living entertainer - but will it happen? Fox News are reporting that MJ has been rehearsing at a Burbank studio to recreate Billie Jean. Right now, nobody knows if this is a done deal.

Fox News

This was in that banned columnist update today!

Re: MJ @ Grammys....Will He or Won't He, Part II Rehear. for BJ????

No. We aren't closing the thread. It's okay to discuss and speculate away... I made this thread, Part II, as the other thread was getting too large. Please use this thread to discuss MJ-related Grammy stuff.

On Sunday, MJJC will start an officially Grammys Thread in this main section.

OMG is this for real :D :D please please please let it be real

I am 100% sure MJ will NOT perform... this kinda speculation is so common and we're proved wrong every time. Unfortunately, we cant hope for being suprised by MJ... if anything they will overstate anything he does. E.g. the superbowl commercial, T25 promotion, WMA appearance... etc. Nothing is ever understated by MJ and the relevant parties.

I pray to God that he will give a great performance. :pray: :D

I don't believe he will perform. But I'm going to watch the grammy's anyway. For the first time in years, you-know-who isn't tramping and stamping on Michael. Enjoy it while it lasts. He'll be back to his old self before we know it. But be this as it may, you-know-who's credibility is totally shot with me. I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:

I am 100% sure MJ will NOT perform... this kinda speculation is so common and we're proved wrong every time. Unfortunately, we cant hope for being suprised by MJ... if anything they will overstate anything he does. E.g. the superbowl commercial, T25 promotion, WMA appearance... etc. Nothing is ever understated by MJ and the relevant parties.
LOL! No one is 100% sure about anything when it comes to Michael Jackson. But I would caution peeps not to get their hopes up high.

But I do think it's likely that the man will be there in flesh. Given that T-25 drops on Tuesday, it wouldn't make sense for him not to be there...

Is it true? Well, my sources say that Michael Jackson may actually be performing at the Grammy Awards this Sunday.

A lot could change between now and Sunday night, but the scenario that’s been described for me goes something like this: Justin Timberlake starts the show singing along with a tape of Frank Sinatra. The next act up is Jackson, performing one of his hits from "Thriller," possibly even re-creating the dance number for "Billie Jean" he made famous at the Motown 25th anniversary show in 1983.

Will it happen? Who knows. Jackson, my sources insist, has been rehearsing at a Burbank studio and keeping away from the Staples Center, where the Grammy show takes place.

Of course, if it does happen, Jackson would get a huge boost for the special 25th anniversary edition of "Thriller" that Sony releases on Tuesday. And if it doesn’t work out, well, then … as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Michael, the ball’s in your court. And believe it or not, we’re rooting for you.

Fox News

LOL! Fox News ROOTING FOR MICHAEL JACKSON????

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I hope it's him.
I'd die!!!!!!!!

I'm going to rule Madonna out.
I visit a lot of her forums and so far nothing has been mentioned.
If she was performing you can bet her fans would know all the details by now. (Surprise or not).
Trust me.

Last edited:

I'll try not to get excited, lol.
It's Roger Friedman, come on! The guy was claming Michael's dying in hospital while he was actually on the East Coast havin fun with his children so yeah...
Off Topic: I remember on MJNO, everyone was talking about MJ having big SUV's while he's trying to Heal the World..so when we saw him again, he was with a little hybrid car shopping at an electronics store.Then, everyone started speculating that someone from his team was maybe on the thread and read the fans comments.
:toofunny:
I so remember that. he was spyin on us I tell ya.

It's Roger Friedman, come on! The guy was claming Michael's dying in hospital while he was actually on the East Coast havin fun with his children so yeah...

LOL.
OMG.

Last edited:

^^ it's pure coincidence i guess.
if he reads this, Michael, pls don't wear sunglasses to the award show if you're going.
and i love you and i miss you very much. :wub:

Last edited:

I so remember that. he was spyin on us I tell ya.
Don't mention his name. I let that stay on here only because the poster was smart enough not to do that, given our rules on him and that the message is basically benign -- this time.

I just viewed that story. :lol:

JESUS H. CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Would be great to see MJ doin' Billie Jean!:punk:

Thanks for the Info's Guys!:cool:

It'll be so freakin cool if he performed "remember the time" hahahahah :lol:

^including the sexy finger twist lol could u imagine!!
I won't get my hopes up but I can't wait, I'm looking forward to the thriller tribute

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back