MJ Songs That SHOULD Be Re-released?

MpMj1011

Proud Member
Some new materials (at the time) were released along with the Ultimate Collection and other greatest hits such as Number Ones. What do you guys think about them re-releasing ranging from Scared of the Moon to We've Had Enough as part of another posthumous album just like what they did with The Way You Love Me; I know some may disagree but those songs didn't have the attention they deserved. For example, as part of the greatest hits, the Beat It (demo) just hit a viral in the social media months ago. And also, even though it wasn't released officially, LNFSG is widely appreciated by the critics and public when it was available on Youtube for some time now despite the fact that it is considered as a rough demo! Songs like One More Chance, We've Had Enough, Fall Again, and even Someone Put Your Hand Out (released as Pepsi Promotion during DWT and in UTC) and etc deserves to be released IMO as they didn't get their own respective appreciation. It feels like these songs are some of the gems that are wasted in the many greatest hits album that no one seems to care anymore (since there are so many)

I feel that a lot of songs get/got lost in the shuffle over the years.

Most people that aren't in the fandom probably don't know about the unreleased stuff on ULTIMATE COLLECTION or the re-releases of the studio albums.

Remember SHOUT from the CRY single?
I kinda loved that song.

I feel that a lot of songs get/got lost in the shuffle over the years.

Most people that aren't in the fandom probably don't know about the unreleased stuff on ULTIMATE COLLECTION or the re-releases of the studio albums.

Remember SHOUT from the CRY single?
I kinda loved that song.

Yup! And they also released that on the collection available on iTunes

I didn't know that SHOUT released on CRY single. Before reading this thread (5 minutes before) I bought it, I'm lucky just one copy left :)

Anyway, we had a thread something like that "what did you buy last" Couldn't find it!?

Last edited:
Shout definitely needs a re-release. It's brilliant. It's crazy that it only has one official release and it's on the single for one of Michael's worst songs (IMO).

It's such a cool song, but would totally turn off casual MJ fans.
I remember listening to it repeatedly at the time!

And it was simply a b-side on a (dull) single. Maybe they felt they could throw a track on there that wasn't as boring as Cry.

I just heard the song Shout for the first time today after reading about it on this thread lol. It sounds cool and so un like MJ.

I think it actually would have been better to use instead of 2000 WATTS.

But it would still stick out, as that album didn't have many angry songs (and even the ones that were, were sort of fun and uptempo).

With Bille Jean becoming #14 this week again, just based on a YT video, I wonder if it would be possible to somehow get Smooth Criminal #1 some day - with some smart PR stunt that would make the song stream like crazy. (Admittedly, I ask the question so that Michael would not have to share the "most #1s from one album" record with Kathy Perry. :cheeky: )

I would love it if one of Michael's previous short films were to be re-released, with singles being released on various platforms i.e vinyl, cd etc.! put a live version, and also al capone as bonus tracks! put it back on the radio, smooth criminal i'm referring to.. it truly does deserve to get to number one! put the hd short film scan from moonwalker in the package also, many possibilities, would be extremely deserved.

If you don't love me :punk:
Always has been a favourite unreleased track of mine.

Got it :)

LPXrzZ.jpg

Whatever Happens was already released on Invincible haha

lol well all of these songs were released in some format. besides, the topic says which songs should be RE-released, meaning released again

You know what should be rereleased? MJ's songs on Destiny and Triumph -- Heartbreak Hotel, Push Me Away, That's What You Get (For Being Polite).

They are underrated gems and showcases a rare glimpse into Michael's psyche as a teen, especially TWYGFBP.

If you don't love me :punk:
Always has been a favourite unreleased track of mine.

I agree!! When I found it on youtube a few years back I had it on repeat over and over again. Just love it. It had a 60's feeling. Just a totally fun song. I'm sure they will release it one of these days.

Well I am glad I'm not the only one that thinks "Cry" is his least inspirational song. Heaven knows I tried to like it, but just can't do it. the only consolation is that he didn't write it lol. Shout, has some great lyrics, but it is very hard at least for me to understand what he is singing. It is a very different song, very unlike Michael I think. I did buy the single at the time, and I am glad I have it. :D

Gosh, I totally agree with you! There are so many fantastic, but underrated songs from his early years, they definitely should be re-released! :D

Smooth Criminal needs to be re-released! That song deserves #1. I still don't get why SC wasn't #1 when in its time.
Bad should have 6 number 1 singles. Michael doesnt deserve to share the record "5 numbers singles from 1 album" with Katy Perry.

Furthermore Who Is It should be re-released as well. If that songs doesnt reach #1 then there is something seriously wrong with people these days. They dont know how to appreciate good music.

Smooth Criminal needs to be re-released! That song deserves #1. I still don't get why SC wasn't #1 when in its time.
Bad should have 6 number 1 singles.
Michael doesnt deserve to share the record "5 numbers singles from 1 album" with Katy Perry.

Furthermore Who Is It should be re-released as well. If that songs doesnt reach #1 then there is something seriously wrong with people these days. They dont know how to appreciate good music.

Oh gosh, you're very right! I totally agree with you and would love to see this happen as well.

'Doggone Lover' originally released on the 1973 LP 'Music & Me' but has been missing from many of the recent re-issues, it is a great song and certainly deserves to be heard by more fans.

Back