MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010 *Update Chris Brown Speaks Up Post 214*

Re: MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010 *Merged*

i absolutely loved chris brown;s performance! what a fitting tribute to michael,chris' biggest influence and the world's greatest entertainer. i believe his tears were real. evrybody makes mistakes and everyone deserves a second chance. i hope this tribute performance will revitilize his career

So it seems Chris Brown's performance overshadowed the fact that MICHAEL JACKSON DIDNT WIN THE AWARD FOR BEST MOVIE!!

Who cares about bashing Brown (and his PR attempt to gain sympathy after bashing a women)........Michael Jackson lost! We should be sending emails of disgust!

So it seems Chris Brown's performance overshadowed the fact that MICHAEL JACKSON DIDNT WIN THE AWARD FOR BEST MOVIE!!

Who cares about bashing Brown (and his PR attempt to gain sympathy after bashing a women)........Michael Jackson lost! We should be sending emails of disgust!
In the USA a serious movie like Precious will always win over a documentary or a comedy, especially if it appeals to women. I knew Precious would win from the beginning, lol. Mo'Nique already won an Oscar & Golden Globe for it. I wasn't happy that Lena Horne & Garry Shider were ignored. Lena was more important to black entertainment than most of the people on the show, who probably wouldn't be here (including Michael) if not for her and other entertainers during Jim Crow days. She fought for civil rights and got blacklisted in her career because of it. In the grand scope of things, Lena is bigger than This Is It.

they werent ignored cuz i heard them mention them sometime in the show. they maybe didnt say as much as they should have about them but BET did mention lena and garry during the award show.
i didnt expect TII TO WIN. IM DISAPPOINTED BUT NOT SUPRISED. thats not a reason i would be that upset over. now i was upset over the award show's sh*tty 'tribute' last year

Nice job for chris for doing it, and please don't feel offended when i say this, but exposed him for the poor dancer he is really is. Ive just spent a week arguining with some person on YT bashing MJ's dance legacy saying how much better brown is, well i think that performance says it all. I was cringing at his rendition of man in the mirror because i could not connect with it, and it made me feel awkward. I have cried at MJ tribute performances in the past, like some of Stevie's because i see geniune emotion in them and it really connects with you. The concept was good, but the performance was not delivered well, bad moonwalk, sloppy sidewalk, terrible pose that leads into the crotch grab. Sorry to be like this, but if i want an MJ dance and song tribute then there are performers out there that would do it much better. It's a PR move to get his career back on track and he is using MJ fans for this. This is only my opinion though and please do not get upset about it if you disagree, i am greatfull though that there was an awknowledgement of MJ at the ceremony.

Nice job for chris for doing it, and please don't feel offended when i say this, but exposed him for the poor dancer he is really is. Ive just spent a week arguining with some person on YT bashing MJ's dance legacy saying how much better brown is....

Please remember that folks take delight in pushing MJ fan's buttons. There is no way anyone with eyesight, even if that person is legally blind, can truly believe CB comes close to being the dancer/singer the gifted one was.

The only response that claim deserves is a BIG GIANT LOL...or sympathy for their lack of sanity.

Please remember that folks take delight in pushing MJ fan's buttons. There is no way anyone with eyesight, even if that person is legally blind, can truly believe CB comes close to being the dancer/singer the gifted one was.

The only response that claim deserves is a BIG GIANT LOL...or sympathy for their lack of sanity.

yeah, i mean naturally i looked at this performance differen't to the other fans because of this argument with this youtuber and was looking for ammunition and boy did i get it. But i am happy that he got a tribute at the show.

At least he went out there on stage and showed he's a really big Michael fan. It's though trying to dance like the master himself. And I applaud him for his effort, although Michael is ofcourse way better.
Loved the light images though, I think Michael would have too.

The tribute was great, michael would have been so proud. This is one of the best I have seen in the past year. I started crying when chris cried, I miss michael so much and I know chris loves michael too and the lyrics must've gotten to him.

I was so happy to see El DeBarge, i sqealed! i've been in a debarge mood lately so that was a pleasnt surprise.

I like that prince got honored, he makes the funniest facial expressions.

I haven't seen precious but i've read the book and it's a good story, i heard the move was great. Michael's isn't going to win everything,it's not like he lost to a bad movie.

I've mentioned already that I was quite moved by the performance...the emotion seemed genuine, but it seemed a little rushed to me.....and I expected Brown to be a better dancer than what he showed....I thought the moonwalk and side slide was pretty good...but the hip movements and BJ renditions were sloppy and definitely didn't even come close to Michaels' precision and grace.....Not that anyone can really come close to that anyways. :lol:

Nice job for chris for doing it, and please don't feel offended when i say this, but exposed him for the poor dancer he is really is. Ive just spent a week arguining with some person on YT bashing MJ's dance legacy saying how much better brown is, well i think that performance says it all. I was cringing at his rendition of man in the mirror because i could not connect with it, and it made me feel awkward. I have cried at MJ tribute performances in the past, like some of Stevie's because i see geniune emotion in them and it really connects with you. The concept was good, but the performance was not delivered well, bad moonwalk, sloppy sidewalk, terrible pose that leads into the crotch grab. Sorry to be like this, but if i want an MJ dance and song tribute then there are performers out there that would do it much better. It's a PR move to get his career back on track and he is using MJ fans for this. This is only my opinion though and please do not get upset about it if you disagree, i am greatfull though that there was an awknowledgement of MJ at the ceremony.

Chris brown is by no means a "poor dancer" haha. Thats a bit of a ridiculous claim. He's definitely the best dancing entertainer we have today. It's just him and Michael have different styles. Theres no doubt Michaels the better dancer, everyone knows that. But to say Chris is a poor dancer is not accurate in the least. I usually am unimpressed by his MJ tributes as well, but if youve seen him freestyle you know how good he is. He's not as precise as michael was obviously, but he tried to stick with mostly Michael moves throughout which i appreciated. His moonwalk was alright coulda been better but his sideslide was pretty damn good. His popping and footwork were real good as well. I think you may be missing the point that he was paying tribute to his idol, and it was damn good one at that. Michael wouldve LOVED the Smooth Criminal section i believe, Remember the time was great, billie jean was ok and the man in the mirror part was really touching to me IMO. The lighting throughout was brilliant, esp at the end dance of Billie Jean when he takes the spotlight off him and only the MJ pictures are glowing. The silhouette of him dancing instead of the spotlight on him i thought was real cool..like giving an illusion of MJ being there. Idk really I think Michael was smiling down and really proud of him.

Last edited:

Chris brown is by no means a "poor dancer" haha. Thats a bit of a ridiculous claim. He's definitely the best dancing entertainer we have today. It's just him and Michael have different styles. Theres no doubt Michaels the better dancer, everyone knows that. But to say Chris is a poor dancer is not accurate in the least. I usually am unimpressed by his MJ tributes as well, but if youve seen him freestyle you know how good he is. He's not as precise as michael was obviously, but he tried to stick with mostly Michael moves throughout which i appreciated. His moonwalk was alright coulda been better but his sideslide was pretty damn good. His popping and footwork were real good as well. I think you may be missing the point that he was paying tribute to his idol, and it was damn good one at that. Michael wouldve LOVED the Smooth Criminal section i believe, Remember the time was great, billie jean was ok and the man in the mirror part was really touching to me IMO. Idk really I think Michael was smiling down and really proud of him.

when i said poor, i didn't mean by your average persons standards i mean poor for someone who is supposed to be one of the worlds best dancers in his field. If MJ was really his idol, then he would have a much firmer grasp on his moves, someone with his supposed talent should be able to pull them off easily, some of them he wasn't even doing correctly at all, and if MJ was really his idol he would have been doing them since childhood and would know how to do them.

when i said poor, i didn't mean by your average persons standards i mean poor for someone who is supposed to be one of the worlds best dancers in his field. If MJ was really his idol, then he would have a much firmer grasp on his moves, someone with his supposed talent should be able to pull them off easily, some of them he wasn't even doing correctly at all, and if MJ was really his idol he would have been doing them since childhood and would know how to do them.

noone can do MJ's moves exactly correct the way he did them...bottomline

The tribute was great, michael would have been so proud. This is one of the best I have seen in the past year. I started crying when chris cried, I miss michael so much and I know chris loves michael too and the lyrics must've gotten to him.

I was so happy to see El DeBarge, i sqealed! i've been in a debarge mood lately so that was a pleasnt surprise.

I like that prince got honored, he makes the funniest facial expressions.
2wlrbk0.jpg

noone can do MJ's moves exactly correct the way he did them...bottomline

bottomline is you can get alot, lot closer than that but no one can get it exact. The thing they did with smooth criminal was great, the rest was ok. I wanna know more about Michael Himself as a tribute see a great clip or something rather than watch other people attempt to do what he did.

I don't wanna argue, this is why i emphasized it was my opinion and not to get offended by it if you disagreed. But i didn't feel it was geniune emotion at the end, this time i do by the PR stunt argument, MJ has a lot of fans, fans brown could do with.

... It's a tribute. And in a tribute the performer, of course, is gonna resemble the person they are honoring. What's so hard to understand??

Re: MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010

Michael thinks OJ was just set up.

Please provide a source. I would be very interested to read what Michael said about the O.J. Simpson case since they were both represented by the late Johnnie Cochran. Cochran said, of Michael's case in 1993, that there would never be a bigger celebrity case yet the O.J. Simpson case surpassed it, thanks in great part due to cameras being allowed in the courtroom. Pundits and the public discussed the case endlessly. It became part of the social fabric in 1994-95 (It was good that Judge Melville barred cameras from Michael's 2003 case).

I believe Michael attended Johnnie's funeral. I don't know if O.J. Simpson did as well or if the two met.

This has nothing to do with OJ Simpson. All discussion on it ends now,.

I thought it was a good tribute. His dancing can't compare to MJ. But Chris had fun and can tell he was doing it out of love. His crying just made it kind of awkward but it was the highlight of the show for me. I like the light suits for Smooth Criminal too.

loved it, great tribute...so emotional.

Lloyd To Chris Brown: “You Gotta CRY, You Gotta Really Show Your Heart To The World.”

June 29th, 2010

I guess it was tooooo good to be true.
As we all saw on Sunday night, Chris Brown left his heart and soul onstage during his tribute to Michael Jackson during the 2010 BET Awards. But what we didnt know is apparently Lloyd told young Christopher to let it allll hang out to show the world how much this performance meant to him.
I’m feeling some type of way about this revelation. First, if this is true, why the hell did Lloyd feel the need to heave this information in our face? Why couldn’t this been a secret between him and Chris? Second, god DARN IT Chris…I thought those tears were genuine. Hell, we all thought those tears were genuine. I hate being deceived so let’s just hope Lloyd is being a tool and trying to earn some shine. Either way, the performance was STILL dope.
What do you think? Were Chris’ tears real or fake?
Damn, this boy just can’t catch a break!
Sincerely
Low “SIGHS” Key

http://ht.ly/17VU8m

Back