MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010 *Update Chris Brown Speaks Up Post 214*

Re: MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010

People often forget that Chris Brown abused Rihanna. If there ever was any friendship between him and MJ it would have ended right then and there.

Actually, Michael was seeing Chris the last months of his life. He was actually giving Chris Brown secret dance lessons.

Re: MJ Tribute BET Awards 2010 *Merged*

Lloyd TOLD Chris to cry? And other celeb reactions...

Some people are taking issue with what Lloyd says at the end... @3:18

haha the way he looked at Alicia..it was hilarious!

hahaha!

__6k3vstf_171ah452.gif

Lloyd TOLD Chris to cry? And other celeb reactions...

Some people are taking issue with what Lloyd says at the end... @3:18

:bugeyed: I just seen the video on how the stars react the MJ Turbite at the BET Awards but I'll have to see it for myslef. On youtube because I don't have no cable but my mom & my borther saw it last night on youtube. :)

Chris was good but it just makes me miss MJ more.. we will never get that perfection...

because as good as Chris was ..he was sloppy when you match it up against a 40yr + Michael..

Actually, Michael was seeing Chris the last months of his life. He was actually giving Chris Brown secret dance lessons.

How do you know this?

It was about two days after the 25th, my uncle who works in the music industry, he spoke to chris brown about michael's passing. and chris told him that michael was giving him secret dance lessons and told him all the projects michael was planning to do over the years. chris told my uncle that michael had made a list of things he was going to do and stuff.

he had also called randy searching for some answers. and thats when randy told him that michael wasnt feeling well the night before and that the next day he was gone.

Last edited:

well..that randy saying MJ wasn't feeling well...different story from the whole Jackson family being taken by surprise by Michael's death..

but anyway..back to Chris Brown.

i didn't see the performance when it happened, but i just saw an uploaded video of it. i didn't know Chris Brown couldn't even get started with the MITM song...

i do appreciate his tribute to Michael

It was about two days after the 25th, my uncle who works in the music industry, he spoke to chris brown about michael's passing. and chris told him that michael was giving him secret dance lessons and told him all the projects michael was planning to do over the years. chris told my uncle that michael had made a list of things he was going to do and stuff.

he had also called randy searching for some answers. and thats when randy told him that michael wasnt feeling well the night before and that the next day he was gone.

Would love to be a fly on wall for those lessons..Wonder what he said and taught him..MJ TEACHING DANCEEEEE..CB is a lucky lucky boy..As i have said..He moves a bit too quick to appreciate the moves..With mj he could move fast but you see every line, every form and positions of his feet and arms..I hope mj would say , make sure they see each move clearly..He was someone who would move fast then pose...or dance for a few secs to give the crowd a little hype..and then stop ...He learned that from jb..I think cb should not dance continously but conserve energy and give moments of dance like mj n jb

I wonder where he taught him...

Lloyd To Chris Brown: “You Gotta CRY, You Gotta Really Show Your Heart To The World.”

June 29th, 2010

I guess it was tooooo good to be true.
As we all saw on Sunday night, Chris Brown left his heart and soul onstage during his tribute to Michael Jackson during the 2010 BET Awards. But what we didnt know is apparently Lloyd told young Christopher to let it allll hang out to show the world how much this performance meant to him.
I’m feeling some type of way about this revelation. First, if this is true, why the hell did Lloyd feel the need to heave this information in our face? Why couldn’t this been a secret between him and Chris? Second, god DARN IT Chris…I thought those tears were genuine. Hell, we all thought those tears were genuine. I hate being deceived so let’s just hope Lloyd is being a tool and trying to earn some shine. Either way, the performance was STILL dope.
What do you think? Were Chris’ tears real or fake?
Damn, this boy just can’t catch a break!
Sincerely
Low “SIGHS” Key

http://ht.ly/17VU8m

I think ure making wrong assumptions.. I dont think Lloyd meant that he told Chris to go out crying during the man in the mirror performance.. That would be stupid.

"Cry his heart out".. its just a matter of speech..

Ofcourse u could still speculate if the tears were genuine or not.. But for those who have been Chris Brown fans for long, have learned that he indeed saw up to Michael..

Last edited:

well..that randy saying MJ wasn't feeling well...different story from the whole Jackson family being taken by surprise by Michael's death..
What do you mean? Marlon gave an interview to Essence magazine right after Mike passed and said the same thing about Michael calling him and saying he didn't feel well.

LLoyd didn't tell chris to cry, he clarified his statement because as usual people take things out of context and run with it.

Re: BET Awards 2010 w/ stream

Am I the only one thinking that Chris Brown used this performance and MJ's death to come back?
PR stunt, crying and everything...? I did not like this at all.

I know MJ was CB's idol and all, and that's why he tried to emulate him before, but I do think it was just a PR move. I mean, I think the tribute was sincere, but not the crying. Come on, he cried through the entire song. Prince and Paris held it together better than that at Michael's memorial service, and Janet held it together better when she did the performance with MJ on the screen behind her. Now it's been a year, and even though I know it would be a little emotional, he didn't get any words out at all. Michael used to do a little of the "pretending to break down for effect" onstage, and that's what I think Chris did, only on a larger scale. Did he cry all throughout the rehearsal?

iLuminate Debuts at BET Awards Michael Jackson Tribute

iluminate.jpg

iLuminate, the first wearable wireless lighting system, debuted last Sunday, June 27, at the BET Awards during a Chris Brown-headed tribute to Michael Jackson. MJ pushed boundaries as a performer, and it is only fitting that the tribute to his talent also pushes the boundaries of entertainment.

iLuminate was conceptualized by dance choreographer Miral Kotb, who studied computer science at Columbia University. Her two seemingly different interests merged when she decided to break the fourth wall in her dance company performances by adding an extra touch. She worked with a team of engineers, dancers, choreographers and producers to create iLuminate.

At the push of a button, lighting directors or choreographers can control the wireless lights on dancers. The said button can be a handheld device such as an iPhone. Among other technology, iLuminate runs on Electroluminscent (EL)Wire and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Though visible in day light, iLuminate is most effective in the dark.Though created for dancers, iLuminate can also be used for stage settings, interior design, red carpets, and aerialists.

See an example of iLuminate in the video clip after the jump (starts at about 2:07).

http://www.gearlog.com/2010/06/iluminate_debuts_at_bet_awards.php

Nice job for chris for doing it, and please don't feel offended when i say this, but exposed him for the poor dancer he is really is. Ive just spent a week arguining with some person on YT bashing MJ's dance legacy saying how much better brown is, well i think that performance says it all. I was cringing at his rendition of man in the mirror because i could not connect with it, and it made me feel awkward. I have cried at MJ tribute performances in the past, like some of Stevie's because i see geniune emotion in them and it really connects with you. The concept was good, but the performance was not delivered well, bad moonwalk, sloppy sidewalk, terrible pose that leads into the crotch grab. Sorry to be like this, but if i want an MJ dance and song tribute then there are performers out there that would do it much better. It's a PR move to get his career back on track and he is using MJ fans for this. This is only my opinion though and please do not get upset about it if you disagree, i am greatfull though that there was an awknowledgement of MJ at the ceremony.

THIS. I know that no one else could be close to Michael when it comes to dancing, but Chris was just okay. I especially noticed in Billie Jean, when it came to the part where Michael would hold his hat and move his hips, Chris stuck his whole butt out, and it looked really funny! Sorry, but it did. Anyway, I agree with everything you said. Chris may have looked up to Michael, but I feel that what he did was for redemption for himself, to get Michael's fans to like him, and so he didn't have to sing the song. Nothing more. Just my opinion.

Loving that look..He is like ' O my, O pleaseee...are you seeing this?'

Do you know who the ady is nxt to him..I really wana know...he loves her it seems
i think i read that she's one of his background singers. i don't know her name, though.

Loving that look..He is like ' O my, O pleaseee...are you seeing this?'

Do you know who the lady is nxt to him..I really wana know...he loves her it seems
Her name is Shelby Johnson or 'Shelby J'. She's Prince's background singer, but she's worked with other acts before Prince.

Youtube isn't allowing me to watch any of the tribute videos. Where can I watch it?

I dont understand u people in here. How can u say this is a PR stunt from Chris ? Do u guys know that his life has been hell since the rihanna thing plus he lost Michael last year (as we all did). Michael Jackson is the REASON why Chris Brown was on that stage, he is the reason why he performs and do it for living.

Chris is sorry ... he has been punished enough? he paid his price from the world and the U.S judge... then its time to forgive a person that is sorry and really showing it to the world that he WANTS to be changed man. I know Michael would forgive that...

and... that maybe why he is crying in the performance because the lyrics in "man in the mirror" is talking about asking the man in the mirror to make a change .... and ofcourse he is missing his idol and inspiration Michael Jackson.

Of course the tears was real , But u people will from now on bash and judge a man that is regreting from all of his heart and trying to do a good thing??!?! But some people will always twist the good thing to bad thing, u people make me sick.

AND NO , He aint gonna dance and be better than Michael Jackson. Noone will ever come close Michael in dancing and singing BUT Chris is VERY Talented dancer and singer and people who cant see that ... its quite sick..

Last edited:

Well, that's how you feel cgrimberg..Sadly I have to agree with lots of people here, he was trying to use Michael's name to get people to like him. It looked like a PR move.. We don't have to agree, but it seems loads of people think the same.

Well, that's how you feel cgrimberg..Sadly I have to agree with lots of people here, he was trying to use Michael's name to get people to like him. It looked like a PR move.. We don't have to agree, but it seems loads of people think the same.

U and thoose people is saying that because of the rihanna thing - if he havent done that thing u guys would only say positive things about this performance , people make mistakes , should he go and kill himself because he made one big mistake? no , he paid his price and people should forgive afterwards , not forget but forgive.

and Chris was not trying to use michaels name to get people like him again .. this was from the heart u can see and tell ... all that chris brown is , IS because of Michael Jackson. All his money and fame is because of MJ. His human , people cry if they are emotional and have respect .. especially if someone has passed.

Guys please calm it down a bit. Please respect that people have different opinions on Chris Brown and this should be about the tribute, not criticising each other for liking or not liking Chris Brown. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back