MJJC Legacy Project - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

Re: MJJC LEGACY INITIATIVE - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

Do we have any new news on how this is doing?

What he/she said ^^? Any update on how many trees donated thus far? :flowers: My goal is to give something to this project every month so hopefully that little bit will add up. :yes:

I spoke to a representative at the Nature Conservancy who informed me that 20 persons have donated to the MJ Memorial Fund.

I can confirm that the following persons from MJJC have donated:

Janena - 10 trees
jsimpson9 - 25 trees
carolMY - 10 trees
MJsunshine- 25 trees
Daniele - 7 trees
~*White Chocolate*~ -25 trees
MJJLaugh - 10 trees
jfleenor2 - 40 trees
claire64 - 10 trees
JayDee - 10 trees
Katrine - 50 trees
wendy2004 - 75 trees
windy09 - 25 trees
stargazer - 10 trees

This is for a total of 322 trees!! Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. Great work!:clapping:

If you have made a donation but your name is not the above list, please PM me so that I can update it. Thank you.

Updated: 5 January, 2010

TheChosenOne;2509269 said:
I spoke to a representative at the Nature Conservancy who informed me that 20 persons have donated to the MJ Memorial Fund.

Janena - 10 trees
jsimpson9 - 25 trees
carolMY - 10 trees
MJsunshine- 25 trees
Daniele - 7 trees
MJJLaugh - 10 trees
jfleenor2 - 40 trees
claire64 - 10 trees
JayDee - 10 trees
Katrine - 50 trees

This is for a total of 212 trees!! Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. Great work!:clapping:

If you have made a donation but your name is not the above list, please PM me so that I can update it. Thank you.

That´s nice.
There are trees planted to Michaes honour in Arbor day foundation and VI-forrest too and if they will count too there are more than 270 trees planted.

TheChosenOne;2509269 said:

Janena - 10 trees
jsimpson9 - 25 trees
carolMY - 10 trees
MJsunshine- 25 trees
Daniele - 7 trees
MJJLaugh - 10 trees
jfleenor2 - 40 trees
claire64 - 10 trees
JayDee - 10 trees
Katrine - 50 trees

This is for a total of 212 trees!! Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. Great work!:clapping:

So that's $212 donated from MJJC members thus far then. Can we get a collective total from TNC as far as all 20 together? It would have to be more than $212 when you add the other 8 ppl. :yes:

MIST;2510043 said:
That´s nice.
There are trees planted to Michaes honour in Arbor day foundation and VI-forrest too and if they will count too there are more than 270 trees planted.

Very cool! This is almost 2 acres worth of trees so far. We may actually get a forest worth as time goes on. :punk:

*Bump-erooni-o* :)

Thanks for the new total of MJJC members. So if we include the Arbor day trees that's a total of 380. Awesome!

Any update from TNC on the full total of the fund, yet? There seem to be some ppl whose donations still haven't been accounted for thus far. Please please please don't forget to update on this so we have a better idea of how well this is doing? Thank you soooo much! :flowers:

This is awesome about Arbor Day. :) I didn't have any problems with my card. That is strange. Did they tell you this?

I think the thing is I wanted to use a debit banking card but The Nature Conservancy takes only credit cards - there is a difference in security way. Their site just gave me an error after I indicated my debit card number.. Anyway, I'll just make my credit card and will surely donate to it later if that's ok..!?

What a lovely idea, I said ages ago I would love the family to take cuttings from Michael's giving tree at Neverland and plant one in every coutry around the world, a little bit of magic from Michael's personal place where fans could go and reflect.

Hi Vinter, sorry I should have been more clear. My card is also a debit card, so I'm not sure why you received that message and I didn't. Perhaps it's on the bank end. Nevertheless, if you go with your credit card later, that will work. We just want to get as many trees donated in Michael's memory as possible. As we all know Michael loved trees...:flowers:

I think the thing is I wanted to use a debit banking card but The Nature Conservancy takes only credit cards - there is a difference in security way. Their site just gave me an error after I indicated my debit card number.. Anyway, I'll just make my credit card and will surely donate to it later if that's ok..!?

Yeah.. seems it depends on the bank specifics.
Ok, then I'll try with my debit one and if there will be the same error, I'll donate by credit one as soon as I get it. Thanks :)

Donated for 10 trees today :)
I think I'm going to plant a couple of trees with my own hands next spring/summer, feels more like the real thing then. I'll dedicate them to Michael as well :yes:

Hello Everyone. I am updating that
MJJNJ -10 trees.
myosotis - 75 trees.

janena - 10 trees
jsimpson9 - 25 trees
carolMy - 10 trees
MJsunshine - 25 trees
daniele - 7 trees
~*White Chocolate*~ - 25 trees
MJJLaugh - 10 trees
jfleenor2 - 40 trees
claire64 - 10 trees
JayDee - 10 trees
Katrine - 50 trees
wendy2004 - 75 trees
windy09 - 25 trees
stargazer - 10 trees
januska - 10 trees

I'm not sure what the heck the problem is, but my credit card (that works fine everywhere else) keeps getting rejected when I try to donate :blink: May have to try to hunt down my old checkbook to get this done, lol.

On another note, I'm trying to spread the word! :heart:
621467.gif

http://forum.majorloveprayer.org/make-that-change-f6/plant-a-tree-in-mj-s-honor-t30.htm

This is a beautiful gesture.

Whoever thought of it...God bless you.

I'm not sure what the heck the problem is, but my credit card (that works fine everywhere else) keeps getting rejected when I try to donate :blink: May have to try to hunt down my old checkbook to get this done, lol.

On another note, I'm trying to spread the word! :heart:
621467.gif

http://forum.majorloveprayer.org/make-that-change-f6/plant-a-tree-in-mj-s-honor-t30.htm

hello mjbunny. :)
If you have any problems,Please PM Nancii. TheChosenOne
-I've also made note of this.
Thanks for helping! :hug:
~souldreamer7

Hi,

I want to help out in any way possible with this project. Lately, i have still been stuggling with our loss of our KING but I feel that I am stronger now and want to be involved. I haven't read the entire thread but I will soon. Been busy with work. I will do what ever it takes for MICHAEL as long as it's legal.

*Bump-erooni-o* :)

Thanks for the new total of MJJC members. So if we include the Arbor day trees that's a total of 380. Awesome!

Any update from TNC on the full total of the fund, yet? There seem to be some ppl whose donations still haven't been accounted for thus far. Please please please don't forget to update on this so we have a better idea of how well this is doing? Thank you soooo much! :flowers:

I'm afraid I'm not very succesful with pm's ( not sure why - must be doing something wrong) but I can confirm that I have a receipt for a donation for 75 trees - partial copy from receipt below:
[Incident: 091126-000011]?
$75 donation for Michael Jackson fund (1207 5587) : Billiontrees
Thank you for your email. We will be happy to designate your donation to the Michael Jackson tribute. Thank you for your suppport

PS Does anyone know if it is possible to sponsor tree planting at Forest Lawn? It occured to me that it might be good to have some kind of permanent tribute to Michael there, if this is allowed.

Hello,
There should be updates coming soon,possibly at the end of the month or the beginning of Feb. 2010
:wub:

PS Does anyone know if it is possible to sponsor tree planting at Forest Lawn? It occured to me that it might be good to have some kind of permanent tribute to Michael there, if this is allowed.

Good idea. Does anybody know indeed?

Just as a quick PS
I did e-mail this query to 'info@forestlawn' (which is the only e-mail address I could find) before Xmas, but I have not yet heard anything back.
I was inspired to think of this by seeing the Xmas tree that the californian group set up...it would be so nice to have (one or more) 'real' trees permanently dedicated to Michael, especially for overseas fans who cannot visit. With 'Forest ' in its name, this would sem to be appropriate for the site...and it would be especially good if they could find a site near Holly Terrace...maybe for something that flowers in August? I'm not very familiar with Californian trees!!! or failing that, perhaps a tree that would attract birds, eg something with edible fruit. ( Now I'm getting carried away!)

planted some trees for Michael.

How many did you plant so I may keep record.. You can PM me if you wish to do that. :) Way to go! :clapping:

GREAT JOB everyone!!! :clapping::punk:

Hello Everyone. I am updating that
MJJNJ -10 trees.
myosotis - 75 trees.
MIST -

janena - 10 trees
jsimpson9 - 25 trees
carolMy - 10 trees
MJsunshine - 25 trees
daniele - 7 trees
~*White Chocolate*~ - 25 trees
MJJLaugh - 10 trees
jfleenor2 - 40 trees
claire64 - 10 trees
JayDee - 10 trees
Katrine - 50 trees
wendy2004 - 75 trees
windy09 - 25 trees
stargazer - 10 trees
januska - 10 trees

As of today (31 January) based on the information collected, members have planted 427 trees! An offical and confirmed Update will come soon. Way to go Guys!! :clapping:

Doing it again. All for L.O.V.E.

souldreamer7;2576060 said:
How many did you plant so I may keep record.. You can PM me if you wish to do that. :) Way to go! :clapping:

I still haven´t managed to plant trees for this project. A new card is on my to do list but I want to talk to the bank to make sure I get a card that works for these kinds of projects.

But I´ve been able to plant 70 trees in another project.
http://www.viskogen.se/Default.aspx?ID=360
Where tree grows, human grows and a new believe in the future grows.

MIST;2584456 said:
I still haven´t managed to plant trees for this project. A new card is on my to do list but I want to talk to the bank to make sure I get a card that works for these kinds of projects.

But I´ve been able to plant 70 trees in another project.
http://www.viskogen.se/Default.aspx?ID=360
Where tree grows, human grows and a new believe in the future grows.

MIST;2576028 said:
Okay..Thank You. :clapping: Next time let us know where you planted the trees for Michael. :D

I have planted trees for Michael before at the Nature Conservancy and I plan to do so again. I want to send Michael's children a card for their birthday and amongst the things I will write in there I will also let them know that my birthday gift to them is to donate 10 trees per child ( have to look up the amount from before) in honor of their beloved father's memory.

I wanted to share this with you all to give others the same idea, when possible.

It's all for L.O.V.E.

I have planted trees for Michael before at the Nature Conservancy and I plan to do so again. I want to send Michael's children a card for their birthday and amongst the things I will write in there I will also let them know that my birthday gift to them is to donate 10 trees per child ( have to look up the amount from before) in honor of their beloved father's memory.

I wanted to share this with you all to give others the same idea, when possible.

It's all for L.O.V.E.

This is a Nice thought.. :)

Back