MJJC Legacy Project - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

Re: MJJC LEGACY INITIATIVE - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

Great idea MJJLaugh. :clapping: I also planted some trees in memory of Michael. I think that it would be a great idea to do this on a reoccurring basis, for both Michael and his children. :wub:

Peace and love. :angel:

I have planted trees for Michael before at the Nature Conservancy and I plan to do so again. I want to send Michael's children a card for their birthday and amongst the things I will write in there I will also let them know that my birthday gift to them is to donate 10 trees per child ( have to look up the amount from before) in honor of their beloved father's memory.

I wanted to share this with you all to give others the same idea, when possible.

It's all for L.O.V.E.

It would be great to try to get to 1,000 trees (or more) by 29/8/ 2010 .........

I'll aim to keep adding as and when I can.

As we know,Michael Loved nature.. Imagine all those trees we plant.. a whole beautiful magical forest...breathing life into our earth's lungs..

:girl_butterfly:

Okay..Thank You. :clapping: Next time let us know where you planted the trees for Michael. :D

It would be nice to plant cherry blossom trees in Japan for him.Maybe I go to Japan and do it one day.

will the Jackson family know about this? It would be wonderful if they knew what we are doing.

Hello Everyone! :)
MJJC Legacy Project: Planing Trees In Michael's Honour Initiative Update:

I would like to let you guys know that The Nature Conservancy Has confirmed as of 17th February,We have planted 515 trees!!
Way to go everyone. :clapping: :dancin: :D :clapping:
We are very proud of everyone,As I know Michael would be too! We are getting closer to our goal. Let us continue to plant more trees in Michael's name. Let's see if we may get 500 more soon. Let us reach our goal for plant a billion trees. Let's keep planting for a forest in Michael's name. Let's help Mother Earth. I know she is grateful as well. The sky really is the limit.
Remember,it can be as little as 10 USD for 10 Trees. Please check the first post in this thread or click the link in my signature for all information needed to achieve our goal here at MJJC. One person can make a huge difference.
Let us continue to carry on Michael's hope for The Planet,for Mother Earth.
:angel: :wub: :clapping: :wub: :angel:​

"I respect the secrets & magic of nature. That's why it makes me so angry to see these things that are happening,you know? That every second I hear that the size of a football field is torn down in the Amazon. That kind of stuff really bothers me. That's why I write these kinds of songs,you know? To give some sense of awareness & awaking and hope to people. I love the Planet. I love Trees. I have this thing for trees and the colors & changing of leaves. I love it! I respect those kind of things."
~Michael Jackson
magical-forest_1024x786.jpg

Sincerely,
souldreamer7
And the MJJC Legacy Project Team
:heart:

Edit:
I am aware of another MJ group on wordpress who are planting trees as well through another foundation. arborday.org

Beautiful!!!
Hello Guys! :)
MJJC Legacy Project Team will have to wait for the winter snow storm to clear to get in contact with the Nature Conservancy. They close with the snow being so bad because the roads are awful and you can't travel. So referre to post #182 in this thread for what we have as of now. Once The Conservancy opens we'll update. I would like to Thank Everyone of you guys who've donated for Michael,as well as the great ideals brought fourth. For those who want to plant trees or different types of trees in your hometowns or other places besides Michael's Tree area Via Nature Conservancy. Go for it. Plant those trees where you live,they are for the Earth & Michael too. Just remember This offical Project in Michael's Name across the World. As for The Jackson family knowing what we,The Fans are doing,I understand why..Perhaps once we get closer to our goal amount confirmed in a few months through more donations..Maybe the MJJC Legacy Team can make a proper letter to the Jacksons and let them know about this. In the mean time Keep On With The Force... and let's get a Forest for Michael. Contact TheChosenOne if you are having troubles with Credit Cards etc. You can also PM me. Thank You All Soo Very Much!!!
:angel: :wub:
souldreamer7
MJJC Legacy Team

Thank you for the update souldreamer7. Yes I did this before and I will continue to do it. I absolutely loved Michael's speech in TII about trees. OMG, was I woken up!!! :eek: I've always thought of myself of someone who cared about trees, nature and the planet. I did for sure, but I'm now I know that I needed to be awakened even more. Michael did that for me. He is right, we only have so much time to reverse what has been done. :timer: I will go to their website again this weekend.

Peace, love and hugs...:better::wub::angel:

Thank you for the update souldreamer7. Yes I did this before and I will continue to do it. I absolutely loved Michael's speech in TII about trees. OMG, was I woken up!!! :eek: I've always thought of myself of someone who cared about trees, nature and the planet. I did for sure, but I'm now I know that I needed to be awakened even more. Michael did that for me. He is right, we only have so much time to reverse what has been done. :timer: I will go to their website again this weekend.

Peace, love and hugs...:better::wub::angel:

Thank You Wendi09. :wub: You missed the last post on the page Post #195 before this. The Update here I'll have to post it here so members won't over look it.

souldreamer7 said:
Hello Everyone! :)
MJJC Legacy Project: Planing Trees In Michael's Honour Initiative Update:

I would like to let you guys know that The Nature Conservancy Has confirmed as of 17th February,We have planted 515 trees!!
Way to go everyone. :clapping: :dancin: :D :clapping:
We are very proud of everyone,As I know Michael would be too! We are getting closer to our goal. Let us continue to plant more trees in Michael's name. Let's see if we may get 500 more soon. Let us reach our goal for plant a billion trees. Let's keep planting for a forest in Michael's name. Let's help Mother Earth. I know she is grateful as well. The sky really is the limit.
Remember,it can be as little as 10 USD for 10 Trees. Please check the first post in this thread or click the link in my signature for all information needed to achieve our goal here at MJJC. One person can make a huge difference.
Let us continue to carry on Michael's hope for The Planet,for Mother Earth.
:angel: :wub: :clapping: :wub: :angel:​

"I respect the secrets & magic of nature. That's why it makes me so angry to see these things that are happening,you know? That every second I hear that the size of a football field is torn down in the Amazon. That kind of stuff really bothers me. That's why I write these kinds of songs,you know? To give some sense of awareness & awaking and hope to people. I love the Planet. I love Trees. I have this thing for trees and the colors & changing of leaves. I love it! I respect those kind of things."
~Michael Jackson
magical-forest_1024x786.jpg

Sincerely,
souldreamer7
And the MJJC Legacy Project Team
:heart:

[/COLOR][/I]

Thank You Wendi09. :wub: You missed the last post on the page Post #195 before this. The Update here I'll have to post it here so members won't over look it.

Hey Souldreamer, actually I did read it the post. I appreciate your update on the number of trees planted; wow 515 trees. That is awesome. Everyone should be proud...like you said, Michael would be too. :clapping: This is very inspiring.

Peace, love and hugs :angel::wub:

I'm going back again this weekend to plant more trees for both the Nature Conservancy and Arbor Day Foundation.

Michael is going to have many forests all over the world....:clapping:

...as Michael said, we are running out of time..:timer:

We are rectifying that one tree at a time...:better::angel::jump::clap::dancin:

:huggy: windy09.. It's awesome!!!

:bump: ;)

Why haven't I done this...? I'm sooo sorry, I will contribute asap, I will. I'm sorry :(

Bless you guys, this is so wonderful. We all know how much Michael loves trees and this is so fitting. He'd be so proud of everyone. His legacy will live on through his music, through his children, and through his fans.

:huggy: windy09.. It's awesome!!!

:bump: ;)

souldreamer7, Thanks for bumping this. I'm planning on doing this every month. Just think if multiple people do this on a reoccuring basis, we can replenish the forests and perhaps create new ones...:D

Rockin said:
Why haven't I done this...? I'm sooo sorry, I will contribute asap, I will. I'm sorry :sad:

Rockin, it's never too late...please don't be so hard on yourself. :wub:

sloride said:
Bless you guys, this is so wonderful. We all know how much Michael loves trees and this is so fitting. He'd be so proud of everyone. His legacy will live on through his music, through his children, and through his fans.

sloride, I so agree with your statements. Michael's message really was heard loud and clear...I see the movement happening all over the world. :clapping::yes:

As soon as I have a job I'm doing this. You guys are amazing.

I feel so much Love in this Thread!!! :huggy: :group: :heart:

Ok, I've planted 50 more trees in memory of Michael.

:D 25 Trees through the Nature Conservancy (I've sent an email per Nanci's instructions on the initial post of this thread)
:D 25 Trees through the Arbor Day Foundation (you have the option to have a card sent to you or you can print out a certificate online (PDF), which can be framed. The first time I donated, I chose to have the card sent to me, but this time I chose to print out the certificate which I can have framed. Its really very nice

I feel like I'm making a difference here....wow :clapping:One tree a time...for you Michael and the planet...:wub::angel:

Ok, I've planted 50 more trees in memory of Michael.

:D 25 Trees through the Nature Conservancy (I've sent an email per Nanci's instructions on the initial post of this thread)
:D 25 Trees through the Arbor Day Foundation (you have the option to have a card sent to you or you can print out a certificate online (PDF), which can be framed. The first time I donated, I chose to have the card sent to me, but this time I chose to print out the certificate which I can have framed. Its really very nice

I feel like I'm making a difference here....wow :clapping:One tree a time...for you Michael and the planet...:wub::angel:

:angel::clapping: You are making a Huge difference!!! :wub:

:angel::clapping: You are making a Huge difference!!! :wub:
Thank you...I finally feel like I am making a difference. We all are. I am curious though on when these trees are actually planted. I will need to go to their respective websites and ask that question. We donate, but do they get planted right away...that is what will make the difference.

Peace and love..:wub::angel:

:hug: @ windy09 @ everyone! :group:

Plant A Tree in Honour of Michael! This Video Made By:
MJstarlight of MJJC Legacy Project
Let's Get 1,000 Trees by 2011... You think there's enough Michael Jackson Fans out there for that..

Let's Get 2,000 Trees by 2011... You think there's enough Michael Jackson Fans out there for that..

:wub::better::clapping::angel: I don't know when the Nature Conservancy actually kicked off the campaign; but their goal is to restore 2.5 million acres and plant 1 billion trees over the next seven years. They are working with local partners to make this happen. So I believe our trees are getting planted right away. :cheers:

A couple of facts from http://plantabillion.org:

-Did you know as of today, 5,761,745 trees have been planted?

-Also, did you know that tropical forests like the Atlantic Forest (benefactor of the Plant 1 Billion Trees campaign) plays a special role in the fight to end global climate change? The reforestation effort will also remove 10 million tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere every year - which is like taking 2 million cars off the road.

MAJOR LOVE to all...:wub::angel:

That is so great idea, I will try to organise Lithuanian fans for this project :)

Let's Get 1,000 Trees by 2011... You think there's enough Michael Jackson Fans out there for that..

:eek: Great job, MJstarlight! :punk: Can't believe I'm just seeing this video for the first time. eek! I think it captures Michael's love for trees magnificently. Love the ending with him waving. Aww. Bittersweet in a way. :( Gonna tweet your vid in a bit and whenever I can to promote the project. :yes:

Thanks, souldreamer7 for posting the vid and providing the updates on the total. :flowers: We've definitely got a lil MJ forest taking root here. :heart:

I just donated again. :better:

An idea popped in my head. My employer has set up a giving campaign where you can donate monthly through payroll deduction to any charity you choose. We just received an email advising that it's time to enroll again for the next year. My thinking is to add the Nature Conservancy to my list. I called the Nature Conservancy today to inquire about their employer giving program. While their website does state they do participate in company giving programs, I wanted to find out if my monthly donation could be applied to The Michael Jackson Memorial Fund. I have left a message for the coordinator. As soon a I hear back, I'll post.

This is a great idea for those who have these type of programs through their employer and can do it financially. These deductions are taken before taxes. More to come...:angel::wub:

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here as well.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81525

I just donated again. :better:

An idea popped in my head. My employer has set up a giving campaign where you can donate monthly through payroll deduction to any charity you choose. We just received an email advising that it's time to enroll again for the next year. My thinking is to add the Nature Conservancy to my list. I called the Nature Conservancy today to inquire about their employer giving program. While their website does state they do participate in company giving programs, I wanted to find out if my monthly donation could be applied to The Michael Jackson Memorial Fund. I have left a message for the coordinator. As soon a I hear back, I'll post.

This is a great idea for those who have these type of programs through their employer and can do it financially. These deductions are taken before taxes. More to come...:angel::wub:

:eek: Great job, MJstarlight! :punk: Can't believe I'm just seeing this video for the first time. eek! I think it captures Michael's love for trees magnificently. Love the ending with him waving. Aww. Bittersweet in a way. :( Gonna tweet your vid in a bit and whenever I can to promote the project. :yes:

Thanks, souldreamer7 for posting the vid and providing the updates on the total. :flowers: We've definitely got a lil MJ forest taking root here. :heart:

Hello wendy2004! :flowers: yes MJstarlights video is just beautiful isn't it! It has been posted all a long in LP.
There are 2 videos including MJstarlights one is more the music & the other (mjstarlight's) for visual..at the end of the first post.
Official LP essay Thread Sticky Here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82083
Thanks for helping promote our MJJC LP initiative! :hug:

@ windy09 Big :huggy: to you... you are truely helping soo much!! I'm totally Michaeling you***
:wub:
souldreamer7

I hope you guys don't get upset, but I've been doing this already. Meaning I have been helping to replenish the burned out national park that we have here in California that 4 years ago was completely burned out by a raging fire. Our dry weather didn't help fix the problem, instead it aided beetles infestation that killed off what was left of some of the healthy pines.

So money has been donated to this project. It's to help not us, but future children who will see these new little pines grow. Since our rain here this season, that was called the El Nino, it helped quite a bit to help the the newer plants trying to grow and new trees as well. We go out on the weekends and volunteer our time doing this. It's been a donation dedicated to Michael and well accepted. Each tree has a little red ribbon in honor of Michael.

I hope you guys don't get upset, but I've been doing this already. Meaning I have been helping to replenish the burned out national park that we have here in California that 4 years ago was completely burned out by a raging fire. Our dry weather didn't help fix the problem, instead it aided beetles infestation that killed off what was left of some of the healthy pines.

So money has been donated to this project. It's to help not us, but future children who will see these new little pines grow. Since our rain here this season, that was called the El Nino, it helped quite a bit to help the the newer plants trying to grow and new trees as well. We go out on the weekends and volunteer our time doing this. It's been a donation dedicated to Michael and well accepted. Each tree has a little red ribbon in honor of Michael.

No way would 'We' be mad. You're doing your part in helping the earth and Michael would be proud. Thanks for sharing. :wub:

Back