Much Too Soon - Discussion

They have turned down the warm strings in the bridge, and covered them with an accordian, bad move IMO. The accordian is not well done, and makes it sound a bit messier, the accordian performance could be improved or it could have a better part.

They have turned down the warm strings in the bridge, and covered them with an accordian, bad move IMO. The accordian is not well done, and makes it sound a bit messier, the accordian performance could be improved or it could have a better part.

Not just in the bridge I'm afraid. There was such a beautiful cello sound in the leaked version. Accordion in the coda isn't helpful either. I loved the strings in it. Still loving the song but it sounded more honest with "less Paris" sound.

Such a beautiful song. It will be great around the holidays, it has that warm feel to it. The lack of production actually brings out the magic. As if MJ was singing at some church just him and a microphone. It's actually a really nice album closer.

The sound file isn't in cd quality. I wouldn't get too worked up over it just yet until we hear it in CDQ.

This song is great, it is older for sure but also sounds like it could be a recent attempt at a retro song, similar to what R. Kelly and Cee Lo are doing with their recent albums. Old is new again, so that's fine.

I actually like the newer mix.

You can hear the song in pretty high quality on MJ's iTunes Ping page.
http://c.itunes.apple.com/us/profile/id-13007

Originally Posted by MJultimatemusiclegen
Accordian, or did you mean Harmonica music was added, or maybe both an accordian and harmonical were added? Folk, singer, song writer, music is trying to make a big comeback;
so that is why they added the harmonica music.

Such a beautiful song. It will be great around the holidays, it has that warm feel to it. The lack of production actually brings out the magic. As if MJ was singing at some church just him and a microphone. It's actually a really nice album closer.

It feels so warm and cozy to be discussing Michael's music again. :huggy::huggy::huggy::huggy:

Last edited:

It's very sweet. Still hoping that accordion is less apparent on the CD. :D It's a bit "what Hollywood thinks Paris sounds like". It's such a heart warming song, it sounded amazing with just the strings.

Not just in the bridge I'm afraid. There was such a beautiful cello sound in the leaked version. Accordion in the coda isn't helpful either. I loved the strings in it. Still loving the song but it sounded more honest with "less Paris" sound.

It's very sweet. Still hoping that accordion is less apparent on the CD. :D It's a bit "what Hollywood thinks Paris sounds like". It's such a heart warming song, it sounded amazing with just the strings.
Paris? What? :blink:

If true, John McClain should stop trying to add his name to MJ's completed songs.

I will wait until Dec14th to hear the song and comment.

i also prefer the first version we've heard compared to this new version. not complaining cos its not like i cant listen to the old version hahaha i like having diff versions of songs

so now when the song is released, does this mean this is the second single from the album?

i thought they were going with another song

so now when the song is released, does this mean this is the second single from the album?

i thought they were going with another song

It is probably just promotional single, not official commercial single.

Thank goodness, it's Michael and doesn't the original MJ sound just great?! :)

You've got to be kidding me here!!! The leaked version was perfect, untouchable, pure magic, classic... and now it's turned annoying, the feel of the song has gone from melancoly to French 1920's river music... WTF!! Why the hell would you add an accordion???? It's beyond me! It's as if sony is saying either you listen to some fake guy or a crapped up version of MJ... otherwise go to hell!! Seriously I never in my wildest nightmares thought it would come to this... "Much Too Soon" was like my security song to keep me calm on this whole album crap... now it's added in... I'm so disapointed I could cry!

Another vote for the leaked version over here.... really don't like the accordion.

Taryll Jackson

On Tuesday 30th November 2010, @Taryll said:

"Much Too Soon" - At a very early age my Uncle taught me to appreciate and study all types of music. I remember going to the music stores with him and he would pull cd's for me "Do you know this? (Carole King... Tapestry) have you heard of them? (Bread) oh I love this...(Jim Croce's.. I have to say I love you in a song)" we would walk down the aisles of every section... it was like homework for me. He gave me a little at a time and when I was ready for more he would give me a whole new list. "There's so many styles... study it all, don't limit yourself." - I would leave the store with a wide variety with anything from Tchikovsky's Nutcracker to Queen. When we got home or in the car we would listen to it. Some songs would weaken him and touch his heart while others would make him sing and dance!! He was always teaching me and I am so thankful for all of his lessons in both music and life. - this is what came to my mind when I first heard "Much Too Soon." I love this style of music and I can appreciate it because of you. I love you MJ

Ok, the accordian is not really ssssuuuuuuccccchhhhhh a big issue, I guess I can handle it. Who cares? I mean, here we have no questions about MJ voice and we all know he is there 10000%, so well, I can accept the accordian thing as far as he and only HE is there :lol:

And yet again Sony made the song worse.
Why couldn't they just release it as it was original.

Ok, it's not like they totally destroyed to song, imo.

May we be overreacting a little bit? :ermm:
Yes, the original clean version was even better, but if I have to choose between this added accordian and the added fake vocals, I choose the accordian, for sure!

:cheeky:

Back