My Daughter is trying out for American Idol.

ruchie

Proud Member
This is something that she's been wanting to do for years and I think if the Producers like her ,She'll get in.Or at least get the exposure.I did tell her to don't sing songs that would not fit her voice and not try to sing like Whitney or Christaina or Beyounce. Her voice is more along the lines of Janet but no matter .There are thousands of talented kids that's gonna audition today From the NYC,Jersey and Connetticut areas.I just hope her Dream comes true or maybe she'll be the next Jennifer Hudson. Wish her luck. I'll toot back if she's in to go to the next round. I also told her not to sing All Together Now by the Beatles.LOL. That's one of her childhood songs.. But she will sing Together again and two other songs. Funny though, She had gotten her wristband on sunday and she wasn't allowed to get it wet..:punk:

Good luck to her! I'll probably be watching next season so keep us updated. :)

Thanks for all your well wishes...The Audition for American Idol came and went,Who cares if she didn't get picked.She's still My American Idol,She has more talent in her pinky toe than the ones picked and most of all, she has class,She may get emotional but she still have class. She's a Quad threat.(Singing Dancing, Acting and A College Radio and TV personality and she'll be picked up doing TV and Movies or even be the next Ophra or the Next Jennifer Hudson.) She told me that they didn't think that she would fit American Idol. But Guess what? They are going to show her when the 1st season starts. Maybe she'll get picked up then by a legit Producer who will not descriminate on looks or her voice. Her story would have been great for the show,That's Their Lost. I'm proud of My Daughter and will always be here for her when she needs me.

thats the thing with American Idol..I know people who have tried out..people with real talent....and they never get picked either..I am sorry your daughter didn't get picked..:(.....she is probably to good for that show anyway..:hug:

thats the thing with American Idol..I know people who have tried out..people with real talent....and they never get picked either..I am sorry your daughter didn't get picked..:(.....she is probably to good for that show anyway..:hug:

:better: I agree with you and you're right,She is too good for a show like AI. They are about embarrassing people and Controling them for their gain.Now They got rid of SONY and Went to sign to UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP.Thanks for the hug.Huggies back to you. Since Simon is gone and Paula left, I don't really think AI will last. Randy is the only Real Musician to keep on Judging.Let him have his own Show when it comes to Music.:punk:

I auditioned for Australian Idol in 2005. Got a ticket to Sydney for top 100 & was so happy. A friend was next to audition. She came out also holding a ticket we were both through but my excitement vanished when I noticed her cheeks were wet & her eyes.
When I asked her whats wrong she just answered i'm not going but you go. I said what happened & she told me 1 of the judges was rude to her about her being pregnant. She was so shattered. Her fiance had died that year & she was dedicating her performance to him.
One of the other judges gave her phone call to apologise but we wanted the one who said the mean & hurtful things.
She got depressed. Singing was her passion & she stopped.
I stopped singing to.

I never watched Australian Idol ever again & never will as long at that judge is on it.
Our auditions were to be televised but we said no way.

Many people get hurt cause of these shows but they never show it on tv.
A few commit suicide & get depressed. Some judges think they are being funny & really they are not.

Last edited:
:no: Oh well thats ok, I've a firend that can really sing a little bit but sometimes I keep telling my firend that "You show be on Ameican Idol!" but he said "No, cause he's going to make a fool of himslef" :lol:

There will be other shows in the future your daughter will suit. Maybe take a video of her singing & send it into the Ellen Show :)

I auditioned for Australian Idol in 2005. Got a ticket to Sydney for top 100 & was so happy. A friend was next to audition. She came out also holding a ticket we were both through but my excitement vanished when I noticed her cheeks were wet & her eyes.
When I asked her whats wrong she just answered i'm not going but you go. I said what happened & she told me 1 of the judges was rude to her about her being pregnant. She was so shattered. Her fiance had died that year & she was dedicating her performance to him.
One of the other judges gave her phone call to apologise but we wanted the one who said the mean & hurtful things.
She got depressed. Singing was her passion & she stopped.
I stopped singing to.

I never watched Australian Idol ever again & never will as long at that judge is on it.
Our auditions were to be televised but we said no way.

Many people get hurt cause of these shows but they never show it on tv.
A few commit suicide & get depressed. Some judges think they are being funny & really they are not.

What... that is horrible :( We all know that judges on those kinds of shows can be degrading or humiliating or hurtful to people, but when you hear an individual story like yours it really goes to show how heartless some people can be just for the sake of entertainment and a juicy story. I think i've deduced who the judge your talking about is, and yes he's an arrogant mofo.

What... that is horrible :( We all know that judges on those kinds of shows can be degrading or humiliating or hurtful to people, but when you hear an individual story like yours it really goes to show how heartless some people can be just for the sake of entertainment and a juicy story. I think i've deduced who the judge your talking about is, and yes he's an arrogant mofo.

Watching him on Australia's got talent this year was like watching a different judge. I think he woke up to himself this year & his ex wife woke up to him lol.

The woman judge you know who was lovely towards both of us though. Rang my friend every now & then to see how she was doing.

Back