My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

I watched this interview very recently (the whole thing is on YouTube for those of you who haven't seen it yet). I feel compelled to watch it pretty regularly because it is the most intimate and longest interview that Michael Jackson has ever done. It is quite complex and Michael Jackson reveals a great deal about himself. Michael Jackson was also warned not to give this interview by more than one person (Rabbi Schmuley for one), but I think Diana's interview w/Bashir had a lot to do with him going for it. Of course Bashir behaved quite differently with Michael than he did with Diana Princess of Wales.

Although I feel compelled to watch this interview again and again, I curse Bashir's name every time I see it. Bashir must surely know that he is despised by many millions of MJ's fans the world over. That's a lot of people.

The filth that was slung at Jackson as a result of this interview is more a reflection of the bankrupt morality of the press in particular, and the closeted sexualization of puritanical Americans in general (btw - I'm American). Their national psyche has sunk so low that the idea of sleeping in the same bed with a child can only be construed as a sex act. Attention given to dying children (by the bus load) is deemed the obsession of a wealthy pervert. And this in spite of the many hundreds of millions of dollars that Michael Jackson has given to charities, children's hospitals and orphanages the world over.

Michael Jackson has a highly developed philosophy in regards to children and it is one that I support wholeheartedly. He has single handedly given more to sick, orphaned, handicapped and poor children than any other public figure. Imagine if just one major political figure, like a president or prime minister, had this love and generosity to children - the adults of the future - this world could change completely in one generation!

And that, I believe, was the real motivation behind the attack on Jackson. As said earlier in this thread, there is no way that Bashir and Arvizo appeared by chance at the same time. Aphrodite Jones hints very strongly of this in The Michael Jackson Conspiracy. When Arvizo attempts to sue Bashir, a third party steps in and she attacks Jackson instead.

There is a real struggle between good and evil going on, right now on this planet, and you can see an excellent example of this through the interview and the subsequent attacks on Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson is here to help release us from the fear mentality we have been enslaved with for millennia - and there are some that just don't want that to happen.
Sealed and signed, girl, sealed and signed:punk:

Absolutely. You and I are on the same page regarding Michael and it's nice to have someone to talk to regarding these observations. Excellent post. You're right about the reason's for why they could never get away with anything like an actual assassination attempt on Michael. I think they would have done it a long time ago if they thought they could get away with it. But too many people do realize how special Michael is and it would be impossible for them to do anything like that. So instead they've tried through less overt means to destroy him. But it hasn't worked because Michael is like a messanger from God, he has God on his side. His fame is so extensive because people feel and sense how important Michael really is. He reaches us all over the world.
I remember watching an interview by a head of state in europe, I can't remember if it was Belguim, but he was talking about how extra special MJ was and he had tears in his eyes. I wish I could find that interview.:)

I personally detest the documentary, as it has done nothing but bad stuff to Michael. Without his allowance he was presented as a freak to the world. And I'd rather no one knew anything about his personal life than misunderstand it and see him as a sick person. I hate Martin Bashir from the bottom of my heart. I know it's a strong word but I HATE the man. I wish nothing but bad things to him. He has defeated Michael...

I don't necessarily agree, dangerous_88, I don't think Bashir defeated Michael. The amount of crap Michael endured after the documentary was awful but he proved himself by coming out of it stronger than ever. Michael still has the largest fan base of any artist so it's Michael that's laughing, not Bashir.
I liked the documentary in a way because we saw MJ as a person but I do agree that it was a bad portrayal of him.

I watched this interview very recently (the whole thing is on YouTube for those of you who haven't seen it yet). I feel compelled to watch it pretty regularly because it is the most intimate and longest interview that Michael Jackson has ever done. It is quite complex and Michael Jackson reveals a great deal about himself. Michael Jackson was also warned not to give this interview by more than one person (Rabbi Schmuley for one), but I think Diana's interview w/Bashir had a lot to do with him going for it. Of course Bashir behaved quite differently with Michael than he did with Diana Princess of Wales.

Although I feel compelled to watch this interview again and again, I curse Bashir's name every time I see it. Bashir must surely know that he is despised by many millions of MJ's fans the world over. That's a lot of people.
I haven't been able to watch it in years. I think I've only watched it max 3 times. I love Michael in it and I wish I could edit Bashir from the screen and audio. I have often thought that I will watch it again but I much rather put in my Private Home Movies DVD.
I'll take advice from you and try to watch it again with open new eyes and mind. I'm gonna have to transfer it on a dvd soon so I may aswell watch it once again.

The first time I wacted it was at my mom's and she watched it too. She's no fan of Michael but even she said that Bashir was horrible to Michael. Everybod could see though Bashir.

I remember watching an interview by a head of state in europe, I can't remember if it was Belguim, but he was talking about how extra special MJ was and he had tears in his eyes. I wish I could find that interview.:)

Oh, that would be awsome if you ever did find it. People are heavily affected by Michael because he's special.

I personally detest the documentary, as it has done nothing but bad stuff to Michael. Without his allowance he was presented as a freak to the world. And I'd rather no one knew anything about his personal life than misunderstand it and see him as a sick person. I hate Martin Bashir from the bottom of my heart. I know it's a strong word but I HATE the man. I wish nothing but bad things to him. He has defeated Michael...

It was a horrible thing what Bashir did, but I wouldn't agree that he defeated Michael. You see, Bashir was just a tool in yet another attempt to destroy Michael, but this has been going on since right around 1984 and they still haven't been able to ruin or jade Michael or force him to conform. He still hold's on to his ideals. But what is sad is, they've made him hesitent to an extent. With all of the brutal beatings they've handed him throughout the years, they've managed I think to in the least scar him and put some amount of fear in him. Remember in his interview with Ebony recently, he was talking about the importance of helping children, then afterwards, he ended his comment with "Don't you think?", as if asking for approval or out of fear of being misjudged and told he is wrong or being attacked yet again for discussing his perceptions. They put that hesitation in him, but it only makes sense with as much abuse as they've put him through. But defeat him, no. If they'd done that, Michael wouldn't have mentioned children or their importance ever again.

Last edited:
I want you to know that I have really been touched by this exchange. I want you to tell me about that time that you first truly listened to Michael Jackson, because I have a similar story... when I first realized who this man really is and what he means to the world. .. but I think we better do it in another thread as this one is supposed to be about the Bashir Interview. I will remember your name wannabestartinsometin21. Remember mine: antoinemarionette. We'll speak again soon.

Yeah, that would be fantastic. We should do that some time, because there's a lot of things I've noticed and spoken about over the years regarding Michael and to find someone who is also aware of these things is great. I'll just say the first time I noticed that there was something really essentially different and special about Michael was when I saw him in that interview he conducted in his backyard at Encino around 83 or 84. The Unauthorized interview.

I love it!!!!
Is that so wrong?
Bashir tried to make Michael out to be this like weird man with an obsession for children.

However I have my own opinion and im able to seperate my opinion from what Bashir is saying and completely ignore it and focus on the nice things :)

There are alot off nice things in it. I really enjoy it when I watch it :)

Yes! I LOVE that interview. You can almost see waves of bliss flowing over him. He is bursting with creativity and love. His mind is a boiling caldron of ideas and energy. And he was very relaxed, and really himself. His Gary accent is very strong then. It really shows the world he lives in his mind, a spectacular dimension that is just not of this world. I highly recommend that interview to all members. There's no misery and pain in it like Bashir interview, and there is a very hilarious segment in it with La Toya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnrxk-dpVA

Truth & Love

I love it!!!!
Is that so wrong?
Bashir tried to make Michael out to be this like weird man with an obsession for children.

However I have my own opinion and im able to seperate my opinion from what Bashir is saying and completely ignore it and focus on the nice things :)

There are alot off nice things in it. I really enjoy it when I watch it :)

You're very optimistic. :)
I agree, partly. I think that the documentary was pretty good. I saw a side of Michael I had never seen before. He was more open to Bashir.

On the other hand, I just don't like Bashir at all. There are so many four letter words to describe him because of what he did to Michael. :(

Yes! I LOVE that interview. You can almost see waves of bliss flowing over him. He is bursting with creativity and love. His mind is a boiling caldron of ideas and energy. And he was very relaxed, and really himself. His Gary accent is very strong then. It really shows the world he lives in his mind, a spectacular dimension that is just not of this world. I highly recommend that interview to all members. There's no misery and pain in it like Bashir interview, and there is a very hilarious segment in it with La Toya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnrxk-dpVA

Truth & Love

Yeah, its my favorite interview with Michael because it's not really an interview at all, but just a showcase of him as a human being. What I was most amazed by and one of the things about Michael that really caught my attention while watching it was how aware he was of everything around him. He was just so in touch, on a spiritual and mental level, and you could see it. That he was concious of life, not just in this world, but all over, in the universe, and aware of his connection with that life, as though he could feel it. It's like he is in tune with what is real and what is essential, what is important, and he doesn't let anything, including social norms and rules, get in the way of seeing with that clarity, of seeing what a thing really is. He's still that way, you just don't see it in interviews as clearly because he's being hassaled and asked stupid questions. I remember watching this video and saying to myself 'This is why Michael was as lonely as he was', because he was just in a different place, in his mind, from everyone else and he never really did fit in to this world, not with the way it is because of society and how man runs it. I said it was because he couldn't find anyone to relate to, and I think although that lonliness is less sever for him now, probably because of his children, it is still that way for him.

Last edited:
I have seen this interview ones or twice & it's great.Does anyone know if it's on dvd....i cant find it anywhere on the net.

I don't necessarily agree, dangerous_88, I don't think Bashir defeated Michael. The amount of crap Michael endured after the documentary was awful but he proved himself by coming out of it stronger than ever. Michael still has the largest fan base of any artist so it's Michael that's laughing, not Bashir.
I liked the documentary in a way because we saw MJ as a person but I do agree that it was a bad portrayal of him.

Yes, for the fans. But let's not close our eyes, after this documentary many people thought that he was really a sick person.
And also, it was him who went through all the hell,not Bashir.

Yeah, its my favorite interview with Michael because it's not really an interview at all, but just a showcase of him as a human being. What I was most amazed by and one of the things about Michael that really caught my attention while watching it was how aware he was of everything around him. He was just so in touch, on a spiritual and mental level, and you could see it. That he was concious of life, not just in this world, but all over, in the universe, and aware of his connection with that life, as though he could feel it. It's like he is in tune with what is real and what is essential, what is important, and he doesn't let anything, including social norms and rules, get in the way of seeing with that clarity, of seeing what a thing really is. He's still that way, you just don't see it in interviews as clearly because he's being hassaled and asked stupid questions. I remember watching this video and saying to myself 'This is why Michael was as lonely as he was', because he was just in a different place, in his mind, from everyone else and he never really did fit in to this world, not with the way it is because of society and how man runs it. I said it was because he couldn't find anyone to relate to, and I think although that lonliness is less sever for him now, probably because of his children, it is still that way for him.

I completly agree! Its the best video of Michael... show what kind of person he is... a person that is love... you know... he is all love and comunion with the universe... He is the best!

And now i ask about this Bashir: Does anyone stil give credit to him? An artist still give him an interviw... because he used Michael, the other artists/Celebr. dont get afraid that he do the same with them?
And when Living with MJ was released, Michael showed the videos he has that proove that Bashir was like two faces. How people reacted to that? I mean not Michaels fans, but people... did they saw a little how bad can reporters and media be to Michael?
(I ask that because I'm not from USA, so I dont know those things)

Thanks!!!

Well, his fat fugly ass was on 20/20, then they dropped him and he got a job on NBC's Nightline or something, which nobody watches anyway and everyone complained about it becoming tabloid when that move was made.

I agree with you once again. His own extraordinary creativity and artistry isolated him from others. But we mustn't forget that he was isolated on many other levels as well. He grew up isolated from other children, for example, for much of his childhood. I think the interview below, from the Beat It set, is a great example of this. Watch his body language when he's asked about friendship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ag-QbVsbeA

Yeah, that's a tough one to view. Because he really didn't have many people he could relate to on any level. I think he surrounded himself with other people in show business because that was one of the only aspects he could relate to them on. Same thing with his relationship with former child stars. I mean, just him at first answering the question of who his friends are by saying "I love the fans", shows that he really didn't have much to elaborate on in regards to that subject, that he even misunderstood the question because he had so few friends and really still does have so few, the concept seemed foreign to him. He had trouble thinking of any names. I always found that hard to watch. In retrospect it's even more sad because some of those he managed to name have fallen off and talked badly of him since then. He considered these few people as friends, some of his only, and they end up really betraying him. But on a mental level, I think the difficulty in finding someone to relate with is so much harder even, because he's utterly different from the general public in so many aspects of how he thinks.

Last edited:
Not gonna read through the entire thread, so i'll just enter my 2 cents now :yes: I love this interview to death, it was what got me all into MJ again! And made me adore him, all the more! Anyone notice when he danced to Billie Jean how his 'crotch area' was animated, and extra genetalia was added on, to make it seem as if he had NO underwear on?! Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes! THe things people'll do for money and broadcasting!! Desperate and sick peoples! :rolleyes: Also notice how Prince Blanket had a bruise over his eye, right one (our left) when MJ was bottle feeding him, then it went away a moment later. No kidding...THEY, the editors, did that.,..

I hated what Bashir did but It's my favorite interview/documentary.. Some think why?? Well it was the first time we saw Michael react/interact in personal circumstances. We see him react and defend himself from a rediculous person/interviewer. It was the most personal interview.. He showed his emotion a lot.. We saw him also climb a tree, talk about life etc..

I think once you look past Bashir and what he TRIED to do, you can see a great person that Michael IS.

I also love PRIVATE HOME MOVIES.. That's my fav. special, but interview would be Bashir.
I agree. :wub: This is my fav, as well. And I don't pay much attention to BASHIT but to MJ :yes: And his heart :wub:

I never saw anything that bad w/ the documentary. I loved it for the most part. It's a shame dip **** had to put a negative twist on the end. Shows how smart Mike was for having his own film crew also. I thought it was great for him to have a video rebuttle. He got paid more in the long run.
Yeah, I'm proud of him for that. :happy:

I think Living with Michael Jackson is brilliant and so interesting...you just have to know how to watch it! I only focus on what Michael says...pay no attention to the voice over.
But my fav interview still remains Oprah's! He was so on top of the world when that happened and after!
Yup! :happy:

As much criticism as it received, it did make him a lot of fans.

I re-entered the fandom after that interview.
Same here! :yes: :happy:

Last edited:
I agree with you once again. His own extraordinary creativity and artistry isolated him from others. But we mustn't forget that he was isolated on many other levels as well. He grew up isolated from other children, for example, for much of his childhood. I think the interview below, from the Beat It set, is a great example of this. Watch his body language when he's asked about friendship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ag-QbVsbeA
Another thing that tends to go unnoticed with Michael is that where as most celebs can go home to a family that are happy to have a star in their midst and they might make them feel special as a result of that, MJ NEVER had that, because his whole darn family were celebs too and were equally as popular as he was. This meant that there was no special treatment for him because everybody was worried about their position. So life has always been a competion for MJ. I believe that that is part of the reason why MJ looked to outsiders berry gordy, diana ross, liz taylor and others for attention, cause he was getting very little at home. Life must have been very difficult for him, esp becaue he was one of the youngest.

I think that what you say is indeed true - only it was much worse than that. Michael Jackson lived at home with his family until his late 20s (as did La Toya), but he was virtually under constant threat of violence from his father all that time. Although this violence was not always directed at Michael, living in a home with that level of domestic violence has a tremendous impact on the one's psyche. In the Bashir documentary, you can see that this is still with him, when he breaks down in tears remembering the beatings and the violence in his home from his father. Every time I see this scene I just want to weep with him, it hurts me so much to see how must have suffered and how the pain is still fresh. And yet at the same time, you just love him even more for showing that pain, for living it and sharing it with others.

I mean, just him at first answering the question of who his friends are by saying "I love the fans", shows that he really didn't have much to elaborate on in regards to that subject, that he even misunderstood the question because he had so few friends and really still does have so few, the concept seemed foreign to him.

i wouldnt say he has only few friends now. he has many friends. its just that we dont know them all. look at the trial how many of his friends took the witness stand and supported him.
he has many many friends its just that most of them are non celebs
i dont know about back then but i'm positive he had many friends even then. i think he would just try to think of his famous friends. if u watch the phm he also mentions only famous ppl's names as his friends and shows video footage of them. i think he respects the wish of his anonymous friends to stay anonymous. michael is a very private man after all

oh and about the topic

lwmj was horrible cuz of the arvizo devil and bash*t. if those two sick mofos werent part of it it would have been awesome. i bet bash*t has to f*ck whomever/whatever lays on his bed no matter who/what it is. thats why he was like "oh michael thats wronggggggg"
i was like F OFF stupid sicko. i was completely disgusted by how he tried to turn such a sweet and beautiful thing into sth wrong and inappropriate :angry: and that was the first time i actually heard someone saying that its wrong for an adult to share their bed with a child. until then i thought nobody would say that. mainly cuz of the fact that when i was a kid i would sleep with adults that i was not related to all the time and now as an adult i share my bed with my godchildren all the time when they come to my house.
it was quite obvious that bash*t was trying to ridicule michael and make him look bad.
when michael was trying to make a point and said how a persons childhood is so important and it affects them throughout their lives and that we need to heal the world by loving and caring about the children as they are the future of the planet,
bash*t said "what the world needs now is a 44 yo to sleep with a 12 yo boy?" and i was like :wtf2: what a crazy nut.
i think this experience and this whole nightmare taught michael a lot and above all that
"people are crazy" i'm sure he now knows better of what to say and who to bring into his house and to let into his life and his heart

I think that what you say is indeed true - only it was much worse than that. Michael Jackson lived at home with his family until his late 20s (as did La Toya), but he was virtually under constant threat of violence from his father all that time. Although this violence was not always directed at Michael, living in a home with that level of domestic violence has a tremendous impact on the one's psyche. In the Bashir documentary, you can see that this is still with him, when he breaks down in tears remembering the beatings and the violence in his home from his father. Every time I see this scene I just want to weep with him, it hurts me so much to see how must have suffered and how the pain is still fresh. And yet at the same time, you just love him even more for showing that pain, for living it and sharing it with others.
Honestly. I wish people would stop exaggerating the beatings in Katherines home and stop making Joe out to be a monster. I am fed up of this,. It is not true. David Guest says on tv that there was a lot of love in the Jackson household and it was the only place where he felt loved. Stop making Joe out to be a monster. MJ got whipped just like the rest of his brothers. But that stopped when they got bigger, as it does in all black parents home. Black parents whipped their kids when they were naughty, Not just Joe. I am fed up with people from different cultures making Joe out to be a monster. Katherine went on tv to defend him. Was she a monster too? I am fed up of this.:mello:
Here Dr Hare talk about parents that beat thewir childre,
Black people are not upset about getting whippings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq2kJ56hSqo&feature=related

Last edited:
the only opinions that matter are of those who were effected by it. ppl who werent there can neither build up or knock down what went on

the only opinions that matter are of those who were effected by it. ppl who werent there can neither build up or knock down what went on
Absoluitely. And there were many who were affected by it, not just Michael Jackson. If Joe Jackson did the best for his children, holding down 3 jobs and making sure he was there as a father for them when many children were growing up with absent fathers, If it wrong to demonise the man and call him a monster just because MJ said he was beaten. We have been through this already. Children got whipped by parents and teachers in those days. The teachers were the worse. CXours MJ didn't go to school very much so he wouldn't have got the whippings from teachers. MJ did n't like the beatings, but it was what happenened in those days. He has to deal with that and he has. Jeoe took his children out of poverty and made them famous, by being the best entertainers, Stop targetting him and making him a villain for doing the BEST he could.:( Why mustr people focus on the negativces all the time. Go read MJ's Oxford speach.:)

I am amused that you assume that I am from a different culture. In fact, you don't know what culture I'm from, do you? Suffice it to be said that I know a great deal about beatings, whippings, switchings or whatever you want to call it in African-American culture. What David Gest says about the Jackson household is superfluous. I am going by what Michael Jackson said about it, I believe what he says about it, and I believe he suffered tremendously from it, which should frankly be obvious to anyone who sees, hears or reads him talking about it. Many African-Americans love to make excuses for the behavior of their abusive parents, particularly those who choose to copy the abusive behavior themselves. But I think Michael's attitude is far superior - forgive your parents for what they've done and don't mimic their behavior with your own children. It's a philosophy ultimately most beneficial to all parents and especially to all children.

I am amused that you assume that I am from a different culture. In fact, you don't know what culture I'm from, do you? Suffice it to be said that I know a great deal about beatings, whippings, switchings or whatever you want to call it in African-American culture. What David Gest says about the Jackson household is superfluous. I am going by what Michael Jackson said about it, I believe what he says about it, and I believe he suffered tremendously from it, which should frankly be obvious to anyone who sees, hears or reads him talking about it. Many African-Americans love to make excuses for the behavior of their abusive parents, particularly those who choose to copy the abusive behavior themselves. But I think Michael's attitude is far superior - forgive your parents for what they've done and don't mimic their behavior with your own children. It's a philosophy ultimately most beneficial to all parents and especially to all children.

Joseph JACKSON was not a monster. He loved and cared for his children and did the best that he could. He grew up with hard times. MJ did not have to suffer abuse from racist authorities cause Joseph made sure of that. He was there, which is more than can be said about many children even today. Michael Jackson new his father, he has his fathers name. His father did for him. God blessed Joseph Jackson with some of the most talented children on earth. It pleased God to give them to Joseph Jackson. He is a hero to the black community. I love him and I am fed up up people demonising him.

Back