New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand (update pg.1)

I haven't heard the song being played once over here.
One of the biggest stations just keeps playing the same songs over and over again that they have been playing for weeks. (no idea why they do that)
Maybe other stations have played it, I don't know I hope so.
I don't know how to request it either.
It's great that it's doing good in the Uk though.
Maybe radio is just slow over here and when they figure out it's a hit in the Uk they will give it more plays. (strange but I have seen something like that happening before)

DIGITAL release is DEC 5th
Physical release is DEC 6th

Also, just a quick update on I-tunes charts for Canada:

HMH remains at #31 (it's been here most of the day), off 6 positions from it's peak yesterday when it hit #26.

MICHAEL has surged up 70 positions in the past 12 hours and now is at #106 (it has been around #170-185 or so for the past 3 days)

Daily Update November 22nd
Since November 16th

Hold My Hand - Single
michael-jackson-duet-with-akon-hold-my-hand-single-cover.jpg

iTunes (Releasing day In New Zealand and Australia)

Italy: #3-#2-#4-#6-#8-#6-#5
Norway: #7-#6-#6-#6-#6-#5-#7
Denmark: #1-#1-#2-#4-#6-#9-#8
Sweden: #1-#2-#2-#5-#5-#10-#10
Spain: #3-#2-#6-#6-#9-#10-#10
New Zealand: - - - - - #33-#24-#11
Germany: #6-#5-#5-#9-#10-#12-#13
Belgium: #43-#31-#18-#14-#19-#25-#22
France: #13-#15-#20-#24-#27-#40-#29
Luxembourg: #28-#15-#25-#21-#35-#24-#32
Canada: - - #123-#35-#29-#32-#34
Switzerland: #26-#15-#13-#19-#18-#25-#38
Austria: #15-#12-#13-#25-#28-#34-#39
Netherlands: #7-#11-#13-#19-#25-#35-#41
Finland: #2-#2-#3-#8-#8-#16-#47
US: - - #99-#51-#47-#52-#51
Greece: #16-#17-#19-#14-#13-#47-#60
Australia: - - - - - #153-#116-#79
Ireland: #33-#39-#66-#74-#80-#81-#112
Portugal: OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT-OUT

UK: Out on Nov 5th
Japan: Not Available Yet

MICHAEL - Album
2010-11-10t062215z_01_btre6a40nc700_rtroptp_3_music-michaeljackson.grid-5x2.jpg

Japan Amazon : #6-#12-#14-#16-#15-#15-#13
France Amazon : #28-#25-#31-#42-#30-#45-#56
US Amazon : #32-#49-#46-#45-#49-#59-#80
UK Amazon : #77-#71-#80-#81-#82-#93-#98

US itunes : #77-#65-#81-#97-#101
Canada iTunes : #172-#102-#108-#164-#111
France iTunes : #121-#165-OUT-OUT-#142
UK itunes : #130-#131-#154-OUT-OUT

^

Wow... it's great that the UK is actually playing his songs on the radio... ^__^

Also, Japan really loves Mike, huh? :D

The fact that MICHAEL hasn't left the Top 20 in Japan since it's availability for pre-order is a great sign. I think this album will be huge there, probably selling over 100,000 copies in the first week in Japan alone, maybe up to 150,000!

Also, just a correction to your MICHAEL chart update for Canada, for the past 3 hours it's position has remained at #101.

Last edited:
I heard it for the first time on the radio here i nCanada the other night. Brought a smile to my face. My sister likes the track (though she wishes Akon would shut the hell up).

They just played HMH on NRJ Finland (radio channel)! Could there be a better way to start the day? Now I can open my school books with a smile on my face. :D

Michael Jackson’s ‘Hold My Hand (Duet With Akon)’ single is changing release date in the UK, following unprecedented positive feedback from both media and fans.
In order to maximize this support and generate as much excitement for the album ‘Michael’, the download will now be available from SUNDAY 5TH DECEMBER.
Furthermore, due to overwhelming demand, a CD single is now confirmed for release in the UK on MONDAY 6TH DECEMBER.
The CD tracklisting is:
HOLD MY HAND (DUET WITH AKON)
1. Album Version
2. Vocals & Orchestra
3. Alternate Mix
4. Instrumental
Other than track 1, these versions will be exclusive to the CD single.

Source:Sony Music UK

You don't delay a single because of 'unprecedented demand'
a.gif
LOL

Funny isn't this the exact same reason that Take That used when they brought their album forward?? At least when they used 'unprecedented demand' the excuse it sounded feasible and so they brough the album release forward (prompting rumours they wanted avoid a chart showdown with JLS).

I assume the real reason is because they want to release the music video, physical CD, and download at the same time and are hoping that they will boost sales enough to get a No.1 single.

Unfortunately for them X Factor is featuring celebrity guests every week and so the chance of getting a No.1 before Xmas is very slim. The only way they could pull it off is if X Factor has a Michael Jackson week with Akon presenting the new single and video. I don't think that is happening though.

I don't think radio airplay is going to hold up for long enough either. I always expected radio play to trail off after the first week and was hoping it would (at best) sustain itself. With this delay I can see the single will have very limited airplay on the week of its release.

bobmoo.

You said it would drop on the UK airplay chart this week.

Let's see shall we? (winky)

A video, iTunes, and physical release - all at the same time - can only be a good thing in an effort to get this single as high in the charts as possible.

I am now hoping for a 'top 3' position.

40# in Australian Itunes charts now.

Jumped from 79#-84# to 40# in one day.

Unbelievable because its had

- No promotion
- No buzz
- No articles in papers
- No nothing.

People have just randomly browsed and seen MJ's name and decided to download it.

The fact its jumping higher in the charts means its going to jump into the top 10# within a few days, hopefully if promotion actually kicks in, with the video clip, it might hit number one.

40# in Australian Itunes charts now.

Jumped from 79#-84# to 40# in one day.

Unbelievable because its had

- No promotion
- No buzz
- No articles in papers
- No nothing.

People have just randomly browsed and seen MJ's name and decided to download it.

The fact its jumping higher in the charts means its going to jump into the top 10# within a few days, hopefully if promotion actually kicks in, with the video clip, it might hit number one.

well to be fair some pretty epic advertising got added to iTunes tonight for MJ. after it was added it jumped 81 to 40 where it currently sits.

Advertising works :)

ok.wasn't gonna download the single. just wait for the album
i've been told i'm spending too much money on mj.... *understatement of the year
but i think its safe to say this is officially an emergency
*goes off and downloads from itunes...
come on australia. lets do it!!

^^
Great.

Can someone say why it's climbing the charts all of a sudden?

Has promotion startet or ??

WTH! HMH is back on top 10 again! #10 now! :D Awesome, I was starting to lose hope already!

They just played HMH on NRJ Finland (radio channel)! Could there be a better way to start the day? Now I can open my school books with a smile on my face. :D
Could this have affected that much on the charts? Or what is it that suddenly it's from #40 to #10..? :blink:

Is there a difference between itunes and billboard charts? Is Hold My Hand on billboard charts? Do people just focus on itunes now. Just wondering.

Is there a difference between itunes and billboard charts? Is Hold My Hand on billboard charts? Do people just focus on itunes now. Just wondering.

Yes I want to know that too.. Can someone please explain how that works? When will HMH chart at US Hot 100? That is the main chart or not anymore?

WTH! HMH is back on top 10 again! #10 now! :D Awesome, I was starting to lose hope already!

Could this have affected that much on the charts? Or what is it that suddenly it's from #40 to #10..? :blink:
That's really weird! I don't think that could have affected on the charts so much. :D But maybe they have started playing it more on other radio channels too, I don't know? :)

Back