NEW SONG - Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" [updates in post #1]

Yeah, I think it is to be released in october. HMH is going to be the lead single, it seems!

Akon said in an interview at the end of August that HMH is set to be MJs first single, not his. He didn't mention releasing it himself at all.

I agree with what somebody said earlier about HMH being an good spring/ early summer song. It has the right feel for that time of year and if MJ really wants it to be the first single, he'll have to wait now until perhaps June or March at the earliest in the UK, otherwise he'll be releasing it at the wrong moment. If he releases it any time before that in the UK, it'll be like releasing 'jingle bells' in August - completely wrong. Personally I think it should be left as an album filler or forgotten completely. By next spring, it will be too long since the leak and the impact will be completely lost. It wasn't really first single material in my opinion anyway, it had no wow factor and certainly had nothing about it that could have an impact.

Akon said in an interview at the end of August that HMH is set to be MJs first single, not his. He didn't mention releasing it himself at all.

I agree with what somebody said earlier about HMH being an good spring/ early summer song. It has the right feel for that time of year and if MJ really wants it to be the first single, he'll have to wait now until perhaps June or March at the earliest in the UK, otherwise he'll be releasing it at the wrong moment. If he releases it any time before that in the UK, it'll be like releasing 'jingle bells' in August - completely wrong. Personally I think it should be left as an album filler or forgotten completely. By next spring, it will be too long since the leak and the impact will be completely lost. It wasn't really first single material in my opinion anyway, it had no wow factor and certainly had nothing about it that could have an impact.

by next spring, the song will be dated.

Honey, it was the opposite, listen to what he said again. He said it was suppoused to be MJ's but he releases it soon regardless, to it.

I've said the exact same thing. However, it seems ppl are so hungry for new MJ material, they feel the bonus song should be something they haven't heard either. They feel HMH will be taking up space for a newer bonus song....EVEN THOUGH...the rest of the CD will be nothing but NEW MJ material. *sigh*

Anyway, my only concern is the legnth of time between the leak and the release. The whole "stale" factor could become an issue. I've purposely tried not to listen to the song in a about a month so it'll still be fresh when I hear it officially. The song had a very "spring/summery" playful air to it...the kind of song you can blast from the car with the windows down on a hot/breezy day. At this point, we're looking at Fall or Halloween. Lord help us if it's Christmas when everyone is shut indoors trying to keep warm. THen you're looking at a great song possibly released at the wrong time. Everything is about timing. Lots of good songs fail becuz of timing. They get lost amongst better songs OR the air just isn't right for it. And the closer it gets to things turning cold (weatherwise) the song just seems out of place, imho. At this point, it might be better to hold off on the song til after New Years 2009, when it starts to get spring-ish again.

Then again, who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. People are stressing about it being on both albums but my concern is timing...whether it's on Akon's album, MJ's or both. I don't think it's weak at all. Not all songs have to be complicated and a full production to be considered great. Look at Billie Jean, it's a very minimal song as far as production goes, but it kicked ass and still does to this day. TGIM is considered weak NOW in comparison to the rest of Thriller, but the song was catchy and did VERY well as a first single across the board (R&B and Pop). HMH is simple, but it's catchy and sweet. I can see it being a global hit...IF released at the right time. Akon mentioned he and MJ thought it would be nice for them to do a song like HMH instead of coming back with a hard dance song. And to be honest, when HMH was leaked, it was received VERY WELL all across the net, on non-MJ related sites. The song was ready to blow up. I'll admit it's slightly annoying that it's taking so long to follow up. Feels like the momentum is being missed. Perhaps that was something MJ and Akon could not help. But again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens from here on out. I hope it's released and does well regardless of when it's released. And if it has changed as far as what we orginally heard to become an even better song, well then great.

I want Michael to do well whether he's singing with Akon, Big Bird, alone or reciting the phone book. I'm not picky that way. Personally, I think some are overdramatizing things about the quality of the song and whatnot based solely on the fact that they HATE Akon and his association with it. I could be wrong, but it's what I think. However, ppl need to remember that even if HMH doesn't make Michael's album, there's no guarantee one or more of Akon's other songs won't. Odds are you're going to get stuck with Akon somehow, whether you like it or not. He seems to be working with MJ the closest since Will.I.Am. I can't imagine not a single song of his not making the album after all that work together. We'll have to see. The best thing to hear is that MJ is taking his legacy into consideration. Knowing that, no one should doubt his ability to put out anything less than quality, whether it's something simple and catchy like HMH or something with a complex beat and orchestration...and regardless who he's worked on it with.

I agree with some of the stuff you are saying but remember, Thriller was released on November 30th 1982 and it became the biggest selling album of all time. HMH can be put out anytime and become a smash hit.

I agree with some of the stuff you are saying but remember, Thriller was released on November 30th 1982 and it became the biggest selling album of all time. HMH can be put out anytime and become a smash hit.

Thanks. :flowers:

But remember Thriller (the album) was released in November of 82. However singles like the TGIM and Billie Jean were already released months prior. I'm afraid if folks aren't holding hands by Thanksgiving (great time to hold hands btw), it could be spring of 2009. That's a long time for me to stay away from the song. *weeps*

Then again, there's one surprising option I can see happening... but I dunno if I wanna say it out loud for fear of jinxing it. :bugeyed And what if I'm right, don't wanna spoil it. :unsure: If I'm wrong, I don't wanna give folks false hope.

Here's to the x-factor. *fingers, toes and eyes crossed*

To me Akon doesn't seem so sure about anything about Michaels ablum any more. It's different to when in the beginning he was all giddy and talked about producing the entire album. Now he's not so sure if anything will make the cut. LOL

According to the BRAVO special issue "BRAVO Legends #1: Michael Jackson" - officially available on Monday, 15th September 2008 in Germany - the AKON single "Hold My Hand" which features Michael Jackson will be released at the end of September!

According to the BRAVO special issue "BRAVO Legends #1: Michael Jackson" - officially available on Monday, 15th September 2008 in Germany - the AKON single "Hold My Hand" which features Michael Jackson will be released at the end of September!

Looking forward to it :)

this is really off topic but i do not know where to put this. just this morning.. i heard a very familiar tune playing over the radio. it was withot any doubt MJ's DANGEROUS!!! I didnt hear who the singer was but my ears tell me it's AKON! anybody who knows if such a song is released?

i just found it on youtube!!! here it is... uh-oh... don't know how to upload the vid. i'll try once more...

oh, i see..seems i am out of touch lately. i just got too excited when i heard it playing over the radio but a new material from the REAL DEAL (MJ ,who else!) would make me jump up and down with joy :D

it's nothing like Mike's Dangerous and they didn't intend it to be, nor were inspired by it.

Back to Hold My Hand: is it closer to being released? There's now an official (?) Akon channel where it is featured on. And it's not removed. I thought: well, it's out there now on an official channel, so I can put up the video I edited. But that still gets removed.

Back to Hold My Hand: is it closer to being released? There's now an official (?) Akon channel where it is featured on. And it's not removed. I thought: well, it's out there now on an official channel, so I can put up the video I edited. But that still gets removed.
who said it's official? most likely a fan account. a Canadian fan lol. couldn't look more fake if they tried.

Do you mean the one with "in the closet" and "Don't matter"?

Man, I loved watching that video!!

yes that's the one. have it right here, ha ha.
And indeed, that Akon page does not look professional or official at all. But strangely enough, the video is not removed from that place. While mine didn't even come through the upload process today.

Nobody knows what's going on with that song, when it will be released or if it gonna be released at all for that matter. There haven't been any official information about it.

Maybe it'll be one of the other singles. Or not at all lol. I dunno why Akon would leave a jewel like that off just because some people on the Internet heard it, though.

Could also be that he doesn't want people to all focus on MJ for his first single.

Mmm. :rofl: all I can do is laugh right now. Can't believe I spent almost spent two months being optimistic for this. Well at least this first single thang is finally put to rest.

And I feel a bitchfest feuling up any minute now... :ninja:

Back