NEW SONG - Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" [updates in post #1]

^^OMG. I'm dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. :hysterical::hysterical:!!

ZSDFASDFKVNDAXCJV. D:

I know this most likely is just another leak by a shitty YouTube user, but it's still interresting to see how much popular the song is, despite not being released yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBVY_49KtHk

It claims to be Akons Official Youtube Account (AkonTV1) in the video, but it's certainly not very professional. ;)

Well, the song hasn't been officially released yet so how do we know what we are hearing now isn't just a demo? Akon and MJ could of recorded a dozen different versions of this song by now and are trying to pick the best one and maybe add some more lines for Mike. We'll just have to wait and see I guess!

I'm so depressed.
sad.gif

Where is the Michael Jackson that made Thriller, BAD, Dangerous, HIStory? WHERE IS HE?

OMG this is so tragic it's all over if this goes ahead, it was his music that made him who he is and this will disgrace his legend status OMG. Michael will be in my prayers tonight I'm not even over exaggerating.

I wish Michael would release for a first new single in 7 years something like Who Is It from his dangerous album or They Don't Really care About Us from HIStory. Something like Blood On The Dance floor, hell what about something with a beat like (hate to say it but...) JT's Sexy back or Love Stone! Songs with awesome beats that all sound like MJ songs anyhow! That's where these artists got there style from! I mean that's what MJ was known for, getting everyone to the dance floor! People will fall asleep to "Hold My Hand" *yawn* already bored by it's lifeless title!

I'm so depressed.
sad.gif

Where is the Michael Jackson that made Thriller, BAD, Dangerous, HIStory? WHERE IS HE?

OMG this is so tragic it's all over if this goes ahead, it was his music that made him who he is and this will disgrace his legend status OMG. Michael will be in my prayers tonight I'm not even over exaggerating.

I wish Michael would release for a first new single in 7 years something like Who Is It from his dangerous album or They Don't Really care About Us from HIStory. Something like Blood On The Dance floor, hell what about something with a beat like (hate to say it but...) JT's Sexy back or Love Stone! Songs with awesome beats that all sound like MJ songs anyhow! That's where these artists got there style from! I mean that's what MJ was known for, getting everyone to the dance floor! People will fall asleep to "Hold My Hand" *yawn* already bored by it's lifeless title!

this is just a colab with another artist. its not even 100% michael's song. do u think this is gonna be the only single from his new album or that the new album will contain only this song ?

^ lol yeah i mean he didnt even write it or co-produced it. i think he just tried to return akon a favor that he did the wbss remix for the T25 album

I'm so depressed.
sad.gif

Nope, not overexaggerating at ALL :lol:

You can fall asleep to HMH while the majority of the world loves it. Dont mind us, we wont wake you up. Just nod off and wake up when the fuss is all over and done with.

I love all the music experts telling Mike what he should do. We are so smart, and Mike is so dumb. He knows NOTHING about music. Right?

Mike's brain must be smaller than a peanut.... and im not even exaggerating;) lol

^ lol yeah i mean he didnt even write it or co-produced it. i think he just tried to return akon a favor that he did the wbss remix for the T25 album

Do you believe yourself ?

Michael Jackson who called endless of people to work with did Akon a favor to make a cheap song like Hold My Hand ?
Please

why not. it was probably apaprt of the contract deal to do the remix for thriller 25

It's unknown if it'll be on both, we've been hearing that it will from Akon, but he wants to release it regradless, soon. It's unknown if in the end, it will be released on MJ's too.

its gonna be weird hearing JUST michaels voice on a song for the first tme... coz think... HMH, T25 mixes, Gangsta/No Friend of Mine... these all have OTHER people singing all through them...

I do hope this is NOT mjs first single but i do hope it IS akons... good exposure for MJ to get a decent feature like this, but its definately not enough of MICHAEL JACKSON to be MICHAEL JACKSON'S single... unless he sings it solo

its gonna be weird hearing JUST michaels voice on a song for the first tme... coz think... HMH, T25 mixes, Gangsta/No Friend of Mine... these all have OTHER people singing all through them...

I do hope this is NOT mjs first single but i do hope it IS akons... good exposure for MJ to get a decent feature like this, but its definately not enough of MICHAEL JACKSON to be MICHAEL JACKSON'S single... unless he sings it solo

you know, when you say it now, I feel as if Mj will not release it as a single at all. You know why? "Cause if he really is a perfectionist, I don't think there is gonna be a single release to this song, after it is gonna be released by Akon + a video to it where they both gonna appear. It feells so not like MJ to me. To much of a release to the same song in my opinion. If it's gonna be on MJ's album, wich now makes me feel a little bad, ("cause again it feel like a filler, to me), it just will be on the album, without anything happening to it.

if HMH ends up on Mikes new album I imagine it will just be a Bonus track and not apart of his album setlist

if HMH ends up on Mikes new album I imagine it will just be a Bonus track and not apart of his album setlist

I've said the exact same thing. However, it seems ppl are so hungry for new MJ material, they feel the bonus song should be something they haven't heard either. They feel HMH will be taking up space for a newer bonus song....EVEN THOUGH...the rest of the CD will be nothing but NEW MJ material. *sigh*

Anyway, my only concern is the legnth of time between the leak and the release. The whole "stale" factor could become an issue. I've purposely tried not to listen to the song in a about a month so it'll still be fresh when I hear it officially. The song had a very "spring/summery" playful air to it...the kind of song you can blast from the car with the windows down on a hot/breezy day. At this point, we're looking at Fall or Halloween. Lord help us if it's Christmas when everyone is shut indoors trying to keep warm. THen you're looking at a great song possibly released at the wrong time. Everything is about timing. Lots of good songs fail becuz of timing. They get lost amongst better songs OR the air just isn't right for it. And the closer it gets to things turning cold (weatherwise) the song just seems out of place, imho. At this point, it might be better to hold off on the song til after New Years 2009, when it starts to get spring-ish again.

Then again, who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. People are stressing about it being on both albums but my concern is timing...whether it's on Akon's album, MJ's or both. I don't think it's weak at all. Not all songs have to be complicated and a full production to be considered great. Look at Billie Jean, it's a very minimal song as far as production goes, but it kicked ass and still does to this day. TGIM is considered weak NOW in comparison to the rest of Thriller, but the song was catchy and did VERY well as a first single across the board (R&B and Pop). HMH is simple, but it's catchy and sweet. I can see it being a global hit...IF released at the right time. Akon mentioned he and MJ thought it would be nice for them to do a song like HMH instead of coming back with a hard dance song. And to be honest, when HMH was leaked, it was received VERY WELL all across the net, on non-MJ related sites. The song was ready to blow up. I'll admit it's slightly annoying that it's taking so long to follow up. Feels like the momentum is being missed. Perhaps that was something MJ and Akon could not help. But again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens from here on out. I hope it's released and does well regardless of when it's released. And if it has changed as far as what we orginally heard to become an even better song, well then great.

I want Michael to do well whether he's singing with Akon, Big Bird, alone or reciting the phone book. I'm not picky that way. Personally, I think some are overdramatizing things about the quality of the song and whatnot based solely on the fact that they HATE Akon and his association with it. I could be wrong, but it's what I think. However, ppl need to remember that even if HMH doesn't make Michael's album, there's no guarantee one or more of Akon's other songs won't. Odds are you're going to get stuck with Akon somehow, whether you like it or not. He seems to be working with MJ the closest since Will.I.Am. I can't imagine not a single song of his not making the album after all that work together. We'll have to see. The best thing to hear is that MJ is taking his legacy into consideration. Knowing that, no one should doubt his ability to put out anything less than quality, whether it's something simple and catchy like HMH or something with a complex beat and orchestration...and regardless who he's worked on it with.

I've said the exact same thing. However, it seems ppl are so hungry for new MJ material, they feel the bonus song should be something they haven't heard either. They feel HMH will be taking up space for a newer bonus song....EVEN THOUGH...the rest of the CD will be nothing but NEW MJ material. *sigh*

Anyway, my only concern is the legnth of time between the leak and the release. The whole "stale" factor could become an issue. I've purposely tried not to listen to the song in a about a month so it'll still be fresh when I hear it officially. The song had a very "spring/summery" playful air to it...the kind of song you can blast from the car with the windows down on a hot/breezy day. At this point, we're looking at Fall or Halloween. Lord help us if it's Christmas when everyone is shut indoors trying to keep warm. THen you're looking at a great song possibly released at the wrong time. Everything is about timing. Lots of good songs fail becuz of timing. They get lost amongst better songs OR the air just isn't right for it. And the closer it gets to things turning cold (weatherwise) the song just seems out of place, imho. At this point, it might be better to hold off on the song til after New Years 2009, when it starts to get spring-ish again.

Then again, who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. People are stressing about it being on both albums but my concern is timing...whether it's on Akon's album, MJ's or both. I don't think it's weak at all. Not all songs have to be complicated and a full production to be considered great. Look at Billie Jean, it's a very minimal song as far as production goes, but it kicked ass and still does to this day. TGIM is considered weak NOW in comparison to the rest of Thriller, but the song was catchy and did VERY well as a first single across the board (R&B and Pop). HMH is simple, but it's catchy and sweet. I can see it being a global hit...IF released at the right time. Akon mentioned he and MJ thought it would be nice for them to do a song like HMH instead of coming back with a hard dance song. And to be honest, when HMH was leaked, it was received VERY WELL all across the net, on non-MJ related sites. The song was ready to blow up. I'll admit it's slightly annoying that it's taking so long to follow up. Feels like the momentum is being missed. Perhaps that was something MJ and Akon could not help. But again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens from here on out. I hope it's released and does well regardless of when it's released. And if it has changed as far as what we orginally heard to become an even better song, well then great.

I want Michael to do well whether he's singing with Akon, Big Bird, alone or reciting the phone book. I'm not picky that way. Personally, I think some are overdramatizing things about the quality of the song and whatnot based solely on the fact that they HATE Akon and his association with it. I could be wrong, but it's what I think. However, ppl need to remember that even if HMH doesn't make Michael's album, there's no guarantee one or more of Akon's other songs won't. Odds are you're going to get stuck with Akon somehow, whether you like it or not. He seems to be working with MJ the closest since Will.I.Am. I can't imagine not a single song of his not making the album after all that work together. We'll have to see. The best thing to hear is that MJ is taking his legacy into consideration. Knowing that, no one should doubt his ability to put out anything less than quality, whether it's something simple and catchy like HMH or something with a complex beat and orchestration...and regardless who he's worked on it with.

a lot of what u said makes sense..but then, the wonderful thing about music is the 'x' factor. so...guessing that a song may not have the right 'timing' as u say, may not be the case, tomorrow, for example. music is wonderfully funny that way...

we can't contain music..we can't always explain it...and..i think that's a good thing.

If it magically becomes a duet between now and the end of September. THEN I will start to believe that it'll be on both albums.

Back