NEW SONG - Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" [updates in post #1]

The only reason I don't want it to be on Michaels album is that I don't think it's a strong enough song with weak production.

Bingo!

Michael is better than this song. Period. Like you said, the production on this song alone is really weak. Akon is talking out his a$$.

I will eat my words if I'm wrong. But that won't likely be happening.

Yes but Ne-Yo's song wasn't on someone elses album like last year. And evan if all these people say it now will be on the album, if Michaels album is 12 months away alot will and can happen on the way though.

thats very true, good point

Bingo!

Michael is better than this song. Period. Like you said, the production on this song alone is really weak. Akon is talking out his a$$.

I will eat my words if I'm wrong. But that won't likely be happening.

Much less we don't even know what will happen if Akon put the album out and the first single turns out to be something else. Seems like he's got his plate full than to worry about the album though. It may be postponed to "some date" in 2009, lol.

According to the BRAVO special issue "BRAVO Legends #1: Michael Jackson" - officially available on Monday, 15th September 2008 in Germany - the AKON single "Hold My Hand" which features Michael Jackson will be released at the end of September!

Furthermore Michael's comeback is scheduled for 2009 and Michael does not want to tour anymore, but he mind not doing some shows instead.

Michael Jackson will also be meeting with producer Timbaland in Philadelphia soon.

Last edited:
According to the BRAVO special issue "BRAVO Legends #1: Michael Jackson" - officially available on Monday, 15th September 2008 in Germany - the AKON single "Hold My Hand" which features Michael Jackson will be released at the end of September!

:happy_dance: Let's hope this turns out to be true.

Furthermore Michael's comeback is scheduled for 2009 and Michael does not want to tour anymore, but he mind not doing some shows instead.

Michael Jackson will also be meeting with producer Timbaland in Philadelphia soon.
thanks for posting.

where did they get all this info from?

yayyyy:dancin:[what a weird dance] i hope it's real.

but oh no. please not timbaland:mello:

thanks for posting.

where did they get all this info from?

they have been in contact with Michael recently

that's why the MEGA poster with the BAD album pic is signed by Michael to BRAVO with the words

"With love to BRAVO, Michael Jackson"

a small correction: the 2nd MEGA poster is from the HIStory world tour, not that EBONY pic (that's included as a standard poster instead)

;)

I totally DON'T like this song !!
It sucks in my opinion and Mike disappointed me with this garbage
He needs to stop working with commercial dudes like Akon who is on almost every r&b/rap song that was released the past three years and that makes his voice quite annoying.
Also the song the climax and the chorus are way too weak if you compare this with his earlier work .
What more can I give , One More Chance ,Hold My hand , We've had enough it all sounds the same
it's all not Mike anymore it's garbage in my opinion . He had some good tracks which weren't released and could be hits like Xscape , We Be Ballin' Gangsta ... He didn't release it or Sony didn't release it .
I'm not saying these are the créme of MJ but it's way better then that Hold My Hand track .

I always wonder if he will release some of them funky fresh tracks like Liberian Girl , Smooth Criminal , She drives me wild , TDCAU , Can't help it Blood On The Dancefloor because he don't make 'em like this anymore and if you wonder why I'm not mentioning Invicible is because I think this album didn't top the MJ level only You Rock My World , Break Of Dawn , Heartbreaker are some hits but that's not even MJ I don't recognize the old MJ anymore he changed too much of his style . He is innovative in a wrong way he listens too much to the artists that are popular right now which I doubt are making good music .

It sounds excusable; album in 09 (early,mid,late). Single at end of September(mmm i guess, still tight on it). Meeting with me-me-me Timothy(maybe, maybe not, if so, for what, i don't know, that was unexpected, for me at least, lemme shut up).

Now all we need is a link. Well see comes the 15th.

I totally DON'T like this song !!
It sucks in my opinion and Mike disappointed me with this garbage
He needs to stop working with commercial dudes like Akon who is on almost every r&b/rap song that was released the past three years and that makes his voice quite annoying.
Also the song the climax and the chorus are way too weak if you compare this with his earlier work .
What more can I give , One More Chance ,Hold My hand , We've had enough it all sounds the same
it's all not Mike anymore it's garbage in my opinion . He had some good tracks which weren't released and could be hits like Xscape , We Be Ballin' Gangsta ... He didn't release it or Sony didn't release it .
I'm not saying these are the créme of MJ but it's way better then that Hold My Hand track .

I always wonder if he will release some of them funky fresh tracks like Liberian Girl , Smooth Criminal , She drives me wild , TDCAU , Can't help it Blood On The Dancefloor because he don't make 'em like this anymore and if you wonder why I'm not mentioning Invicible is because I think this album didn't top the MJ level only You Rock My World , Break Of Dawn , Heartbreaker are some hits but that's not even MJ I don't recognize the old MJ anymore he changed too much of his style . He is innovative in a wrong way he listens too much to the artists that are popular right now which I doubt are making good music .

NEW SONG - AKON feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" :rolleyes:

Michael Jackson will also be meeting with producer Timbaland in Philadelphia soon

For what? Timbo is not based in Philadelphia, he is based in Virigina. There are producers in Philadelphia that MJ has worked with like Gamble and Huff and Dre and Vidal. But Timbo? that is questionable to me. As for MJ is not touring anymore but might do some shows - errrrr..... he did say that he would not want to do a big tour anymore or something like that on Ebony but I am going to take these things with a grain of salt until it is actually confirmed when I see it for myself. Bravo means well, but this is why I keep on saying that until MJ gets an official website, I gotta take things with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper. Yeah, ok, so MJ signed a poster for their magazine, that still doesn't mean what they are saying is legit. Something doesn't seem right to me.

Hey now this would be awesome!!!!!
Thanxs for posting Alex

For what? Timbo is not based in Philadelphia, he is based in Virigina. There are producers in Philadelphia that MJ has worked with like Gamble and Huff and Dre and Vidal. But Timbo? that is questionable to me. As for MJ is not touring anymore but might do some shows - errrrr..... he did say that he would not want to do a big tour anymore or something like that on Ebony but I am going to take these things with a grain of salt until it is actually confirmed when I see it for myself. Bravo means well, but this is why I keep on saying that until MJ gets an official website, I gotta take things with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper. Yeah, ok, so MJ signed a poster for their magazine, that still doesn't mean what they are saying is legit. Something doesn't seem right to me.

i agree:yes:thanks. still hope hold my hand thing is right.

That IS weird.

Meeting with me-me-me Timothy

LOL. You are going back. LOL. I can't stand the rain... its my window... LOL.

thanks. still hope hold my hand thing is right

Welcome and keep hope alive.

That IS weird.

It is. If MJ wanted to work with a producer in my neck of the woods, it would be a Philly based producer or producers. He did that before with Dre and Vidal when they produced the song "Butterflies". MJ was in Philly and he did the song with them. They had talked about this sometime in 2007 how it was like working with Mike and they told this very funny story. Anyway, I can't see MJ meeting up with Timbo in Philadelphia. Let me ask you guys: when MJ worked with Teddy Riley, didn't he go to Virginia where Riley was based at?

Last edited:
LOL. You are going back. LOL. I can't stand the rain... its my window... LOL.

Welcome and keep hope alive.

It is. If MJ wanted to work with a producer in my neck of the woods, it would be a Philly based producer or producers. He did that before with Dre and Vidal when they produced the song "Butterflies". MJ was in Philly and he did the song with them. They had talked about this sometime in 2007 how it was like working with Mike and they told this very funny story. Anyway, I can't see MJ meeting up with Timbo in Philadelphia. Let me ask you guys: when MJ worked with Teddy Riley, didn't he go to Virginia where Riley was based at?

He sure did go to Virginia, and like you said Timbaland is based in Virginia too, not Philly, unless Mike is going to work with The Roots, which would be awesome:D

they have been in contact with Michael recently

that's why the MEGA poster with the BAD album pic is signed by Michael to BRAVO with the words

"With love to BRAVO, Michael Jackson"

Isn't this an old autograph though?

This is very interesting...I dont believe anything 100% but it does excite me to hear some dates. It would make alot of sense to release this single at the end of September with the beginning of the autumn season. Lyrics in the song support this with the line "the nights are getting darker"...giving the imagery of longer darker nights that lead into the winter.

I never expected Michael to tour...dates would be good. Im excited about the 2009 comeback remark. Very exciting!

Finally! Some close to legit date that we might get the single soon! :) VERY EXCITING INDEED. I caaaaaan't wait til' its out. Dates may change or whatever, but good to know things are soon. :)

lol..still in wait and see mode...

Back