NEW SONG - Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" [updates in post #1]

f_smiley.gif

now i'm even more anxious to hear your work, hypt.

If Michael's looking for the mainstream commercial route, I'd prefer Danja or Polow over Timba any day.

But... I'd absolutely love to see Michael work with Raphael Saadiq.

If Michael's looking for the mainstream commercial route, I'd prefer Danja or Polow over Timba any day.

But... I'd absolutely love to see Michael work with Raphael Saadiq.

I agree. And Timbaland talks like he can't stand Michael. Because he took shots at Michael's appearance and stuff in that magazine interview. Timbaland would have been alright without talking that trash. But since he wanted to be so nasty, I would prefer Danja and Polow anytime.

So yeah... back to Hold My Hand. :D WTH. I dunno how the eff it got all heated in here. Anywhoolooloo.

OMGAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW I AM SO ANXIOUS FOR IT TO RELEASE. :lol::woohoo: Like.. any day now. I hope. Serious. Sigh.
o_o ...

:mello: Ok, I had like 4 slices of ordered pizza and I'm way hyper right now, so excuse me.

I'm so looking forward to see someone bigger than MJ but no one comes close to him yet in terms of talent, fame, showmanship and talent. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to see it in my lifetime.

Anyway, I hope MJ don't work with timbaland. The radio is flooded with the same sound, it'd be tragic to see Michael Jackson being one of them.

Michael's never had the same sound as anyone else, not in his adult career. Some of you guys need to have more faith in his ability. Just because he works with a popular producer of the day doesn't mean he's going to end up with their sound. On the contrary, Michael always adds his unique feel to any track, even if he didn't write or produce it, his talent and inprint always shines through because it's so grand. And man, Michael's still here, he's still young and he's still the biggest star in the world and the most talented, so don't act depressed like you missed him and won't ever see talent like that again, not when the brother is still here and doing his thing, dang.

Right,

I've had to do a bit of a clean in this thread...

Let's keep cheap plugs advertising our own music out of this thread...

Also stay off the personal attacks or i'll infraction your backsides. There's ways to get your point across without name calling and carrying on at another person. # 1 rule is Respect, if you aint got it, don't post.

Swear this thread was about MJ featuring on the upcoming Akon single "Hold My Hand". Not Sonic the Hedgehog, lol.

Michael's never had the same sound as anyone else, not in his adult career. Some of you guys need to have more faith in his ability. Just because he works with a popular producer of the day doesn't mean he's going to end up with their sound. On the contrary, Michael always adds his unique feel to any track, even if he didn't write or produce it, his talent and inprint always shines through because it's so grand. And man, Michael's still here, he's still young and he's still the biggest star in the world and the most talented, so don't act depressed like you missed him and won't ever see talent like that again, not when the brother is still here and doing his thing, dang.

man...i can't believe i argued with you so much in the past..right now..ur beating me in writing posts i wish i wrote..lol

one of MJ's greatest attributes is making something seem like it hasn't happened before..even if he's the last one to get on the train. plus..he's able to innovate where somebody didn't do it before. if anyone can innovate new lemons...and make the best lemonade..AND...take OLD lemons..and make the best NEW lemonade..it's Michael. he has the best of both worlds. i know it enriches my life to rejoice over something that somebody has that i don't have, rather than be svengali-like and criticize bits and pieces on him for having something i don't have.. lol..reminds me of the movie 'Amadeus'.

anyway..as i was saying...i have no reason to fear if MJ decides to work with the most critically acclaimed people that the mainstream has never heard of...or..with a household name that is the subject of peoples' indignation. either way, MJ has a special magical, proven quality that brings out the best in both worlds...he has enough fans to prove that he's doing something right.

before MJ worked with Quincy...Quincy was known for jazz. i don't think it entered into the sphere of anyone's mind, that a jazz producer could help produce the biggest POP album of all time. and i'd hedge bets that if MJ was really big the way he is now, and decided to work with Quincy for the first time...a lot of people who might think jazz is too deep for pop, or somn, would have declared the upcoming thriller album, a failure. yeaahh..right...nobody thinks that anybody would have made such a prediction, now..but, let's face it...with all the criticism toward MJ's decisions..it's easy to believe that that anti thriller prediction would have been made, if time were turned back, and we had a chance to rewrite history.

i like hold my hand....

and when it first leaked...a large number of people were thrilled to hear it. sure..there were SOME detractors..but an overwhelming number of people posted as if they were delighted. it doesn't matter what the reason was..the bottom line is...it seemed to be received as good news, before all the studying of the song began.

we can keep the faith...MJ is king...and..i think there are a lot of us that know that MJ is showing that he still has the ability to give the industry the shot in the arm it desperately needs.

and sure...there will still be detractors..and people who have a right to their opinions of disagreement. but can you think of anyone in history, who is very successful, who doesn't still have detractors? i know i can't.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't know how anyone cannot love this beautiful song. To me, it's a wonderful message to the world and a loving message for their girl(s).

I can't wait for the song and video to be released, it's such a beautiful concept. :wub:

Last edited:

Nikki, I'm convinced you're a SISTA! :lol:

Hold my hand isn't really unique sounding though. It's not a stand out song. It only stands out to me cause it has Michael on it.

Hold my hand isn't really unique sounding though. It's not a stand out song. It only stands out to me cause it has Michael on it.

I think if Michael had PRODUCED it, it'd been unique but it's not so unique because someone else wrote it (yeah yeah I know lyrics and musical composition are just a fraction of what makes a song what it is but still...) and RedOne (it's possible) was the one who produced it.

man...i can't believe i argued with you so much in the past..right now..ur beating me in writing posts i wish i wrote..lol

one of MJ's greatest attributes is making something seem like it hasn't happened before..even if he's the last one to get on the train. plus..he's able to innovate where somebody didn't do it before. if anyone can innovate new lemons...and make the best lemonade..AND...take OLD lemons..and make the best NEW lemonade..it's Michael. he has the best of both worlds. i know it enriches my life to rejoice over something that somebody has that i don't have, rather than be svengali-like and criticize bits and pieces on him for having something i don't have.. lol..reminds me of the movie 'Amadeus'.

anyway..as i was saying...i have no reason to fear if MJ decides to work with the most critically acclaimed people that the mainstream has never heard of...or..with a household name that is the subject of peoples' indignation. either way, MJ has a special magical, proven quality that brings out the best in both worlds...he has enough fans to prove that he's doing something right.

before MJ worked with Quincy...Quincy was known for jazz. i don't think it entered into the sphere of anyone's mind, that a jazz producer could help produce the biggest POP album of all time. and i'd hedge bets that if MJ was really big the way he is now, and decided to work with Quincy for the first time...a lot of people who might think jazz is too deep for pop, or somn, would have declared the upcoming thriller album, a failure. yeaahh..right...nobody thinks that anybody would have made such a prediction, now..but, let's face it...with all the criticism toward MJ's decisions..it's easy to believe that that anti thriller prediction would have been made, if time were turned back, and we had a chance to rewrite history.

i like hold my hand....

and when it first leaked...a large number of people were thrilled to hear it. sure..there were SOME detractors..but an overwhelming number of people posted as if they were delighted. it doesn't matter what the reason was..the bottom line is...it seemed to be received as good news, before all the studying of the song began.

we can keep the faith...MJ is king...and..i think there are a lot of us that know that MJ is showing that he still has the ability to give the industry the shot in the arm it desperately needs.

and sure...there will still be detractors..and people who have a right to their opinions of disagreement. but can you think of anyone in history, who is very successful, who doesn't still have detractors? i know i can't.

Right on. You summed it up well.

You're right on.

Just remember this Akon dude is the same person who fabricated his criminal past to get him the 'convict' status to ultimately boost his career. He isn't exactly the most believable person out there..

Believeable - YES
Truthful - no;)

lol

But that isn't Michael's song. It's Akon's song and Michael just guest vocaled on it. He's lent his vocals to lots of songs over the years.

Difference is "featured on MJ's album". ;) On every MJ album that featured duets, MJ always get the upper hand in the vocals. This song sounds like an enabling song, lol. Much like the older man basically BACKING the younger guy up on his own song rather than dominating the song. Not so unique then, lol. And I think that's mainly why we're debating about it. No one's gonna be satisfied. :lol:

Back