NEW SONG - Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" [updates in post #1]

If MJ will work with Timbaland then be sure the album will be fullfilled with samples .

This is something MJ would never done, the closest he went was the rap part from Notorious BIG's I can't stand the reign. Before that the only samples he had were from some classical music. If Michael was to sample anybody, it could be James brown, or anybody else from the greatest he admires. but he won't ever go as low as sampling those chip artists, and having an album full of samples.

MJ should not work with him , if MJ just turned back & work with Quincy Jonas and Rodney together there will be some nice album coming out .
you do know that without Timbaland there'd absolutely be no Jerkins. that's why i said what i said.

and forget the samples, Timbaland created a new wave through his drum pattern alone (the only thing i respect about him). he even indirectly help spawn a new genre (2-Step Garage) because of that.

i think his x-factor dribbled away with the weight he lost. don't see him gaining it back.

know what I'm talking about I'm a producer myself
would love to hear your work...

how you gonna go diss Timbaland and then say Mike should go back and work with Jerkins
f_laugh.gif

people need to educate themselves a little on Timbo because these last few years are far from his creative highlight of his career - that was back in the 90s when he was relatively unknown by the public and managed to set a standard for most of the R&B hits you've been hearing since.

For real.
Compared to Timbaland, Rodney Jerkins ain't shit. I disagree with the folks on here who are saying that Timbo is overrated and that his music sucks. Clearly, you guys need to clean your ears out, cause dude is thousands of miles ahead of "Darkchild".

Hollaback.

For real.
Compared to Timbaland, Rodney Jerkins ain't shit. I disagree with the folks on here who are saying that Timbo is overrated and that his music sucks. Clearly, you guys need to clean your ears out, cause dude is thousands of miles ahead of "Darkchild".

Hollaback.

Listen up , I didn't say Darkchild is BETTER then Timbaland but you know if MJ would work with Timbaland there will be a lot of people lose their respect for MJ because Timbo is the definition of commercial he had the cool music back in the 90's . Timbo asked some rockgroups for a collabo and everyone told him to f*ck off if you don't believe me just go to The Thomas Crown Chronicles that's a blog with all the correct info about Timbaland , Danja etc... and what they're doing . There is nothing about MJ I don't think Timbaland is gonna work with him that's just a rumour and trust me there is a lot of rumours going on about Timbaland working with people that is not true .

Nowadays Timbo is just making music for money and fame he's not the old one anymore he's not Timbaland from the 90's the Black Thomas Crown I miss the old Timbo from the songs People Like Myself , One Minute Man etc... it's so sad he became so commercial .
And Timbaland is ALWAYS in videos when it comes to JT and Nelly Furtado , he's head is always everywhere and he always have to make them " friggitz friggitz & hééé hoooooo " sometimes I think he's a popsinger instead of a producer .

Last edited:
hyptrosonicmusic, Michael worked on Sonic 3 - these are his own compositions that SEGA hired him to do.

And about MJ , MJ SAMPLED !!! Stranger In Moscow Black Or White & Who is it samples from Sonic 3

Watch these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwA9E-OTkbk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7s5n28JrEk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWjejJTkL84&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtEZ3c3EJM here's one with the Jam sound on

Those are just remixes, you are joking right? :)
It was never officially mentioned that he had samples in those songs.:)

hyptrosonicmusic, Michael worked on Sonic 3 - these are his own compositions that SEGA hired him to do.

SEGA hired Michael Jackson to compose the music for Sonic 3. When news broke out of a scandal involving Jackson and allegations of child molestation, Sega dropped the deal, although his song writing team still composed the soundtrack (and appear in the credits).

& MJ sampled the Mama Se Mama Sa Mama Coo Sa maybe you already know this one
He also covered Come Together and I didn't know this when I was little although I like MJ's version better then the Beatles version

yes exactly, so your point of him "sampling" these tunes (it's not called sampling, btw) is false since Michael himself wrote those songs and intended to use them on Sonic (and they did) LOL

you'd think you'd get that after hearing every single theme tune in that game sounding like Michael Jackson tracks.

and the Mama Coo Sa thing is again not called sampling. Mike straight up jacked that from Manu Dibango who sued him for it.

Wow, I didn't know that MJ composed music for Sega back in the day. LOL. I think I played Sonic 3 during it's heyday. I loved the music. LOL.

yes exactly, so your point of him "sampling" these tunes (it's not called sampling, btw) is false since Michael himself wrote those songs and intended to use them on Sonic (and they did) LOL

you'd think you'd get that after hearing every single theme tune in that game sounding like Michael Jackson tracks.

and the Mama Coo Sa thing is again not called sampling. Mike straight up jacked that from Manu Dibango who sued him for it.

Okay how would you call the fact Michael used Mama Coo Sa for Wanna Be Starting Something ? That's sampling.

Okay how would you call the fact Michael used Mama Coo Sa for Wanna Be Starting Something ? That's sampling.
it's not.

Michael stole/jacked/borrowed/took whatever you want to call it but he was ultimately influenced by Dibango's vocal phrase and got a couple of backing vocalists to sing it with him in WBSS, but he did not sample it.

sampling: using original, already-recorded audio material in a new recording.

if he were to have sampled Dibango's original phrase, he would have used the actual audio recording of Soul Makossa from 1972.

if you want to be technical about it, Michael's music contains many samples especially his work with Riley, Jerkins, Dallas Austin, Dr. Freeze and the other contemporary urban producers who use drum hits that are actually sampled into the drum machine as opposed to recorded live. where do you think the poppin snares on Dangerous album came from?

Michael also samples his own rhythmic beatbox voice and arranges it in recordings.

these are all examples of sampling, so if you want to moan about Michael sampling, then you're right in the technical sense.

SEGA hired Michael Jackson to compose the music for Sonic 3. When news broke out of a scandal involving Jackson and allegations of child molestation, Sega dropped the deal, although his song writing team still composed the soundtrack (and appear in the credits).

& MJ sampled the Mama Se Mama Sa Mama Coo Sa maybe you already know this one
He also covered Come Together and I didn't know this when I was little although I like MJ's version better then the Beatles version

Michael wrote those songs, those are his own compositions. He didn't sample himself, lol.

it's not.

Michael stole/jacked/borrowed/took whatever you want to call it but he was ultimately influenced by Dibango's vocal phrase and got a couple of backing vocalists to sing it with him in WBSS, but he did not sample it.

sampling: using original, already-recorded audio material in a new recording.

if he were to have sampled Dibango's original phrase, he would have used the actual audio recording of Soul Makossa from 1972.

if you want to be technical about it, Michael's music contains many samples especially his work with Riley, Jerkins, Dallas Austin, Dr. Freeze and the other contemporary urban producers who use drum hits that are actually sampled into the drum machine as opposed to recorded live. where do you think the poppin snares on Dangerous album came from?

Michael also samples his own rhythmic beatbox voice and arranges it in recordings.

these are all examples of sampling, so if you want to moan about Michael sampling, then you're right in the technical sense.

You really don't know what sampling is

Coolio sampled Stevie Wonder's Past Time Paradise . He changed the stringers and the drums .
MJ changed it also but it's still sampling it's not using the original that's covering

For real.

Hollaback.

hey...different tastes.

timbaland is boring now. nobody has dirtier ears jus cus they don't like timbaland....and no matter what name anybody comes up with..there will always be somebody who will come and tell you that they were influenced by somebody else...so there is nothing really new, under the sun...just innovative use of it.

Sorry, but I thought it was the other way around. Sampling is using the original sound, and covering is when you take the original sound but use different vocals/instruments for it. I wouldn't call it stealing. :lol:

Although the word covering often means when an entire song is covered. When you are just covering a piece of another song, into a new composition, then it is often called sampling, although I do know what you mean. It's not the same thing as sampling.

hey...different tastes.

timbaland is boring now. nobody has dirtier ears jus cus they don't like timbaland....and no matter what name anybody comes up with..there will always be somebody who will come and tell you that they were influenced by somebody else...so there is nothing really new, under the sun...just innovative use of it.

Ah ha! Too true!

Besides, Timbaland is one disrespectful mo fo. Remember that interview he gave saying he didn't think Michael could be in any more videos because of the way he looked? Timabland's one to talk, with that overweight mass he calls a body and the rolls of fat he's got on the back of his pint sized head.

Sorry, but I thought it was the other way around. Sampling is using the original sound, and covering is when you take the original sound but use different vocals/instruments for it.
Although the word covering often means when an entire song is covered. When you are just covering a piece of another song, into a new composition, then it is often called sampling, although I do know what you mean. It's not the same thing as sampling.
exactly correct.

I wouldn't call it stealing. :lol:
it wouldn't be stealing, not if you have the consent of the orginal artist. in the case of WBSS, Michael didn't.

Well that's happened a couple times. For "Will You Be There" he got sued by the choir which performed the Beethoven piece at the beggining because Michael didn't credit them. I don't think it's intentional.

exactly correct.

it wouldn't be stealing, not if you have the consent of the orginal artist. in the case of WBSS, Michael didn't.

Stop defending MJ I'm not a hater I'm also a fan of what he made but you have to know the facts don't go and call it something that it isn't MJ sampled that's what it is he's a genius there is nothing wrong with sampling but he did it .

MJ is sued for You are not alone did you heard about that ? What you gonna call that ?

MJ is also a human

Michael didn't write "YANA", R.Kelly did, and R.Kelly was sued for it. I think you need to get your facts straight before making such specific statements. arXter is just stating facts, not defending or trying to hoist Michael up to be some sort of God, lol.

Well that's happened a couple times. For "Will You Be There" he got sued by the choir which performed the Beethoven piece at the beggining because Michael didn't credit them. I don't think it's intentional.

it's incredible, isn't it? MJ has done so much wonderful, and innovative with music, that he is indeed, the most scrutinized person in music, today. everybody telling him what he should do, and who to work with, how much of a 'thief' he might be, and how much he is sued for not giving somebody enough attention..as if he doesn't know what he is doing...lol

it's a credit to his genius, that he has so many 'bosses', apparently..lol

the better somebody is at something, the more people think they can improve upon that person.

everybody is entitled to suggestions...but still...this is all a credit to MJ's hard earned success. hey..lol..am i paraphrasing the lyric to 'will you be there?'..lol

....and no matter what name anybody comes up with..there will always be somebody who will come and tell you that they were influenced by somebody else...so there is nothing really new, under the sun...just innovative use of it.
innovation is a paradox in the context of influences but relativity plays a big part here (as with everything in life). "innovative use of it" = innovative = new. so you can't say "there is nothing really new".

you're wrong about the always "influenced by somebody else" remark. they may be always influenced by something, but not necessarily somebodies else.

but it all comes down to relativity - how much of an influence and how divergent it really is from other concepts.

it's incredible, isn't it? MJ has done so much wonderful, and innovative with music, that he is indeed, the most scrutinized person in music, today. everybody telling him what he should do, and who to work with, how much of a 'thief' he might be, and how much he is sued for not giving somebody enough attention..as if he doesn't know what he is doing...lol

it's a credit to his genius, that he has so many 'bosses', apparently..lol

the better somebody is at something, the more people think they can improve upon that person.

everybody is entitled to suggestions...but still...this is all a credit to MJ's hard earned success. hey..lol..am i paraphrasing the lyric to 'will you be there?'..lol

He is highly scrutinized, but as you said, that's what comes with success on such a large scale. It's stupid. His work speaks for itself. All his greatest successes have come from his creative mind and his creative mind alone. But people would rather focus on small instances or just plain made up bs then focus on the former.

He is highly scrutinized, but as you said, that's what comes with success on such a large scale. It's stupid. His work speaks for itself. All his greatest successes have come from his creative mind and his creative mind alone. But people would rather focus on small instances or just plain made up bs then focus on the former.

absolutely. post of the day.

Yes he've done wonderful things etc...
He's a genius but some people are saying he's a God .

Michael is talented & gifted in singing and dancing but most of the people overrate him .
It's the team around him that made him also a big superstar .

I'm also an artist I'm upcoming & you know what ? This industry sucks , you know Hold My Hand sucks okay that's what the industry did to MJ's music . Maybe MJ should retire he've done all of these wonderful things but I don't think he'll ever make something special anymore . It's time for new & young artists to bring something new .

Back