NEW VIDEO - They Don't Care About Us (2020) by Spike Lee

ScreenOrigami;4303148 said:
And he wouldn’t have been shot if he wasn’t Black.

For such serious claim, we should really look on the fact and statistics, rather than feelings.

This new video released yesterday explained why black people were killed by the police at a higher portion. It's clearly not simply because the police are racist and targeting the black.
[video=youtube;4c762IbEtUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c762IbEtUE[/video]

Try to see the problem in a bigger picture. Listen to the police's point of view. I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of the police are trying to make the world a better place, just like we do. Messages of anger and hate would only make the problem worse.

Well said. I know people who are cops and they are good people who do their job honestly and try their best to serve their community, yet they are getting so much abuse and hate due to recent events. Not every cop is a racist.

Also, we can stand up for racism without putting people like George Floyd on a pedestal. I am sick of seeing people treating George Floyd as a hero when he was the complete opposite. Yes, the guy shouldn't have been killed and I am glad that the cop who killed him got arrested, but George Floyd was no hero. He was a criminal.

I know people that are great cops as well.

?

I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of the police are trying to make the world a better place, just like we do.
Is that why half the US voted for Donald Trump and still will do so again this year? I guess that's what "Make America Great Again" is about. :rofl: America has never been great. Europeans came over and stole the land in North & South America. They made the natives speak their languages (Spanish, English, Portuguese, French, etc.) & gave them their names. "Michael" & "Jackson" did not come from any African countries. There's a Columbus Day holiday in the USA for a guy who never even set foot in North America, he landed on an island which is today Haiti & Dominican Republic and that already had people living there. Yet he's celebrated as "discovering" America. Columbus is not the first person to sail to the Americas, the Chinese sailed here before him. He's not even the first white person, the Vikings came before Columbus. North & South America itself is named after another white guy from Europe (Amerigo Vespucci).

I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of the police are trying to make the world a better place, just like we do.
Look, I respect your reasonable outlook (seriously I do, both sides deserve a voice after all), but I do not know about that

Is that why half the US voted for Donald Trump and still will do so again this year? I guess that's what "Make America Great Again" is about. :rofl: America has never been great. Europeans came over and stole the land in North & South America. They made the natives speak their languages (Spanish, English, Portuguese, French, etc.) & gave them their names. "Michael" & "Jackson" did not come from any African countries. There's a Columbus Day holiday in the USA for a guy who never even set foot in North America, he landed on an island which is today Haiti & Dominican Republic and that already had people living there. Yet he's celebrated as "discovering" America. Columbus is not the first person to sail to the Americas, the Chinese sailed here before him. He's not even the first white person, the Vikings came before Columbus. North & South America itself is named after another white guy from Europe (Amerigo Vespucci).
Wow, it's all coming full circle.

For such serious claim, we should really look on the fact and statistics, rather than feelings.

This new video released yesterday explained why black people were killed by the police at a higher portion. It's clearly not simply because the police are racist and targeting the black.

Try to see the problem in a bigger picture. Listen to the police's point of view. I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of the police are trying to make the world a better place, just like we do. Messages of anger and hate would only make the problem worse.

Linking prager U, a right wing youtube channel that is known to constantly misrepresent statistics in order to push their agenda isn't really a good look tbh.

Linking prager U, a right wing youtube channel that is known to constantly misrepresent statistics in order to push their agenda isn't really a good look tbh.

Just so you know, there are many conservatives who are Michael's fans, too.

I don't want to make this thread too political. If you find any fraud statistics or mistakes of that particular video, feel free to point it out. If you only think that left wing agenda videos and news look good, and right wing agenda look bad, then maybe you're already prejudiced. It's very important to hear from both sides.

I think the majority of people support the idea of BLM, but what a lot of people don't support is the actions of some people within the movement. Rioting, burning down buildings and looting is not a good way to get people on your side. I really wish the peaceful members of BLM would condemn all of the violet members, because it's not making the movement look good at all.

I guess mj smashing up the car etc in B.O.W .......😉 what was that all about!

The difference there was that Michael did that in a deserted ally way to an abandoned car. He wasn't putting anybody's life in danger

SmoothGangsta;4303216 said:

I hadn’t heard of that channel before, so I looked it up, and they seem to be climate change deniers as well.

I also find it funny when people assume I haven’t looked at both sides and facts. If I wasn’t always looking at both sides and facts, I wouldn’t even be here. Remember that LN propaganda hit piece?

The “conservatives” on the other hand seem to not even try to acknowledge the existence of systemic racism. I have seen no comment on the video I posted upthread which details what the actual problem is. Instead they come back with, “Oh, but there are good cops, too.” and “Look at the facts here on this right-wing channel.”

ScreenOrigami;4303220 said:
The “conservatives” on the other hand seem to not even try to acknowledge the existence of systemic racism. I have seen no comment on the video I posted upthread which details what the actual problem is. Instead they come back with, “Oh, but there are good cops, too.” and “Look at the facts here on this right-wing channel.”

No one is denying that racism exists. What the “conservatives” are denying is that not every incident has to be linked to racism.

Also the “liberals” are pushing this narrative that every cop is evil, so the “conservatives” have to stand up for those brave men and women who do their job with honour and dignity.

And it’s funny how liberals deny any facts from a right wing channel, but any facts from a left wing channel or website is taken as gospel.

Nite Line;4303230 said:
No one is denying that racism exists. What the “conservatives” are denying is that not every incident has to be linked to racism.

Also the “liberals” are pushing this narrative that every cop is evil, so the “conservatives” have to stand up for those brave men and women who do their job with honour and dignity.

And it’s funny how liberals deny any facts from a right wing channel, but any facts from a left wing channel or website is taken as gospel.

You’re still not grasping the difference between “racism exists” and “racism is built into the system”. Once you understand systemic racism, you’ll also understand why the question is not whether or not all cops are good or bad (they’re of course not), but that they’re acting within a system that allows for these atrocious incidents to happen. The fight is against the system, not one individual cop who is just another human being.

As for my sources for facts, I’m getting my news from an impartial German news outlet, not some obscure website. https://www.tagesschau.de/

Nite Line;4303230 said:

Reality exists independently of a person's political persuasion. I don't know why you're trying to label other members in here. No one is pushing a narrative that all police are evil. That's ridiculous.

You can call out police brutality and you can also call out all the violent thugs rioting in the streets while hiding behind a ''We're just fighting racism'' narrative.

Nite Line;4303230 said:

It's a fact that Prager U consistently distorts facts and misrepresents statistics in order to push their beliefs. It's not a case of it being right wing so I'm dismissing it.

You can call out police brutality and you can also call out all the violent thugs rioting in the streets while hiding behind a ''We're just fighting racism'' narrative.

Yeah, pretty weird that some people are trying to associate them with BLM and trying to discredit the whole movement because of it though, huh.

ScreenOrigami;4302855 said:
It seems to be a touch out of sync here and there. Wasn’t sure about this at first, but I noticed it the second time around.

I just remembered I said this, and I have to take it back. That was obviously just during the block party stream, for whatever reason. The YouTube upload is perfect. :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;They Don't Care About Us (2020)&quot; &#128081;&#10084;&#65039; is still trending on youtube!!! Let's try to trend it to #1&#128293;!! Who's with me?!! &#128526; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MichaelJackson</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheyDontCareAboutUs2020?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheyDontCareAboutUs2020</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJFam?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJFam</a> &#127803;&#10024; <a href="https://twitter.com/MJJCommunity?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MJJCommunity</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@andjustice4some</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/MJJJusticePrjct?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MJJJusticePrjct</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/MJChartData?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MJChartData</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/JJ_Moonwalker?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JJ_Moonwalker</a> <a href="https://t.co/FefzrTRQGu">https://t.co/FefzrTRQGu</a></p>&mdash; Fran Javita (@Fran_Javi) <a href="https://twitter.com/Fran_Javi/status/1300795238391468032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just watched the "new" 2020 version.
Crap "HD" quality with no restoration and poor montage with "ken burns" iMovie effect.
Is this, for real, what Michael Jackson deserves for its legacy in the future....?

ScreenOrigami;4303233 said:
You&#8217;re still not grasping the difference between &#8220;racism exists&#8221; and &#8220;racism is built into the system&#8221;. Once you understand systemic racism, you&#8217;ll also understand why the question is not whether or not all cops are good or bad (they&#8217;re of course not), but that they&#8217;re acting within a system that allows for these atrocious incidents to happen. The fight is against the system, not one individual cop who is just another human being.

As for my sources for facts, I&#8217;m getting my news from an impartial German news outlet, not some obscure website. https://www.tagesschau.de/

I haven’t denied systemic racism. I just don’t think that George Floyd and Jacob Blake incidents are related to systemic racism.

Reality exists independently of a person's political persuasion. I don't know why you're trying to label other members in here. No one is pushing a narrative that all police are evil. That's ridiculous.

I was replying to a person who was labelling other members in here, hence why I decided to label other members as well in response to her.

Go and say something positive about the police, especially to all these people who are protesting in the middle of a pandemic and you will get called a racist.

Nite Line;4303333 said:
I haven&#8217;t denied systemic racism. I just don&#8217;t think that George Floyd and Jacob Blake incidents are related to systemic racism.

Systemic racism means that the system is built in a way that allows these incidents to happen. If the system was different, both incidents wouldn&#8217;t have happened. How do I know this? I&#8217;m living in a different system, and in my country I have never seen a policeman kneel on a Black man&#8217;s neck for over 8 minutes until he dies.

Nite Line;4303334 said:
I was replying to a person who was labelling other members in here, hence why I decided to label other members as well in response to her.

Go and say something positive about the police, especially to all these people who are protesting in the middle of a pandemic and you will get called a racist.

I&#8217;m not sure if this refers to me, but just in case: I haven&#8217;t labeled anyone racist. I don&#8217;t know any of you. All I can know about you is what you&#8217;re posting here, and when I disagree with one post, I will have my say about it, as I&#8217;m entitled to an opinion just like everyone else. At the same time, I can completely agree with you on another topic. I don&#8217;t put labels on people based on a handful of forum posts.

Just watched the "new" 2020 version.
Crap "HD" quality with no restoration and poor montage with "ken burns" iMovie effect.
Is this, for real, what Michael Jackson deserves for its legacy in the future....?

It's not crap, it's excellent and it's CURRENT. It was created by the producer of the first TDCAU videos, Spike Lee, who was commissioned by Michael himself. The video has been very well-received and watched by millions already. Personally, I am so very tired of seeing people moan constantly about quality - what does it matter, when most people are watching via YouTube, on their phone? It's more about the social MESSAGE and how relevant Michael's music still is, today, 25 years later.

It's not crap, it's excellent and it's CURRENT. It was created by the producer of the first TDCAU videos, Spike Lee, who was commissioned by Michael himself.

Honestly I very much doubt he edited this lol. They just attached his name because he made the original video. The editing is quite bad, even though I like the fact it was made.

Honestly I very much doubt he edited this lol. They just attached his name because he made the original video. The editing is quite bad, even though I like the fact it was made.

Spike Lee himself edited the 2020 new version of this music video.

You can also check his public comments about it that confirm this.

No, this was just a quick edit to make quick cash for the Estate. There was literally no effort involved, and they used a very delicate topic. That is not right in my honest opinion.

Stop acting as if you were MJ himself, that's cringey.

How is this video about money? How is it a quick edit to make cash? How?? Please don't call another member cringey - WHAT on Earth do you think TDCAU was actually about?? It was about a "delicate topic". It was made in response to the brutal treatment of Rodney King at the hands of police and the race riots that followed, in L.A. It expressed Michael's frustration at the treatment of HIS people in the USA, but also, all over the world - he was concerned about issues such as high crime rates and incarceration, ghettos, poverty, poor access to education, depressed neighbourhoods, violence, racism, prejudice, the existence of hate groups....the list goes on.

Spike Lee himself edited the 2020 new version of this music video.

You can also check his public comments about it that confirm this.

This I knew already, which is why I said it.......but thank you for confirming it. Thank you!

There's nothing wrong with the editing. Everyone thinks they're an expert on editing and "quality".

They forget these two TDCAU videos, which have been blended together, are already 25 years old.

Hulkamaniac;4303150 said:
Stop acting as if you were MJ himself, that's cringey.

I wasn&#8217;t going to comment on this, but now that I see it again, I just have to say that&#8217;s the funniest shit I have read in a while. I mean, WTF? :D

Last edited:
Back