'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

I've just spend a few hours looking through it and reading all the contributions. Haven't seen and read everything yet. It's so huge.

The contrabution are beautifull, some had me to tears when they spoke about how good a friend Michael was, how they miss him and still have his phonenumber in their phone.

The pictures are beautifull and even though I've seen most of them already I'm so happy with the book.

Like all of you I'm not sure where too put it though hahaha. It's so heavy!!

I think I will write them a mail/list with all the production errors on Monday...I hope i have enough time this weekend to go through all the pages...

But like you have sayed...if I have to wait another 3 month for another book, I don´t know if I´m willing to go through that again.

Perhaps I will give that Opus out of my hands if they send me first the new one so I can check it and then they can pick up the other one...:cheeky:

The customer service is really bad. It seems they don´t react on e-mails...and you have to phone them directly...
For me it´s really bad, because I´m from Germany and this will be very expensive for me to ring them every second day to remind them to send me a new Opus...

So I only give the Opus out of my hands if they send me a new one first.
I don´t trust them anymore.:no:

yea same here (belgium)... disaster waiting to happen... plus if i'm not home (now i just got lucky i was home on time of delivery...i had a day off and just returned from a shoppingspree) when they come with the new one i'm also screwed... i think i'll leave it like this and just be happy with the book i have now...

Nothing for Aus/NZ.
Delivery was PROMISED 8th Jan.
FedEx know nothing.
One very pissed off customer here.

Hi Rick, I agree, have managed to stay pretty calm about the delay in shipping so far, but now its just getting ridiculous. I guess since we're at the bottom of the globe we will be last to receive. But how much longer do we have to wait. :evil:

^ LOL! :ninja:

Seriously though, I hope you guys get them soon. It's worth the wait I promise. :hug:

I've got mine a couple of days ago. And my God, it's big. I've never seen a bigger book. Just browsed through it quickly and it looks very nice. But I don't know where to put it, it takes up most of my apartment, it's that big

LOL!!
What's worst with the Opus???
Delivery problems or storage problems?
No matter what, problems seems to be always there!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They said before Christmas Eve but they never said what year.

OMG.... you are right!! hahahahahahaha!!! :lol:
I have missed a couple of pages of the thread so... did you get your book?
I am still waiting for it... :ermm:

Im so lucky, mine was a christmas present and it was delivered on christmas eve. When the delivery guy brought it to the door and handed it to me I nearly buckled under the weight, I couldn't believe how heavy it was. I wanted to open it up there and then but I waited until christmas day when all my family was around to watch me open it. Everyone was amazed when they saw it, I had to lay it out on the floor to look at it properly.
Im so glad that Iv got it and will treasure it always.

Im so lucky, mine was a christmas present and it was delivered on christmas eve. When the delivery guy brought it to the door and handed it to me I nearly buckled under the weight, I couldn't believe how heavy it was. I wanted to open it up there and then but I waited until christmas day when all my family was around to watch me open it. Everyone was amazed when they saw it, I had to lay it out on the floor to look at it properly.
Im so glad that Iv got it and will treasure it always.

Oh, that must have been a wonderful moment, to have it and enjoy it.
I don't know what I am going to do. I have been waiting so long for this (some 4 months now), that I just don't even know what to expect. I hope hope it arrives this week.

OMG.... you are right!! hahahahahahaha!!! :lol:
I have missed a couple of pages of the thread so... did you get your book?
I am still waiting for it... :ermm:

Yes I got it but I want the Reality Card now :)

I wish I could afford it but I can't justify spending that much money on a book.

I received mine last week (Belgium). Having storage problems too ha ha. Man, that thing is huge!

Congrats to everyone who has received their Opus! :clapping:
I really hope it will be delivered this week for those who haven't received it yet!! Keep the faith! :yes:

My Opus is a little damaged but I wasn't really sure if I should complain about it or just leave it.

Mine has little printing marks (I guess where the ink go) on a few pages and one is scratched. I haven't even looked at all the pages properly. I mean it seems minor and the book is so heavy! But then I'd rather have a perfect book and was expecting something flawless!

Though I ordered mine through the times offer so I don't think I can contact Opus for this! For what it is worth, I've sent an email to the Times and see what they say

I just wanted to let you know that I got my Opus on Wednesday, my computer burned down so I couldnt write then.
I love the book, although I did not have time to look through every page, it`s beautiful and Im so happy it finally arrived!
Praying for you guys who did not get it, Im sure soon will arrive yours too!!
Thanks for all the support this forum gave me.
Hope we can all download the reality cards soon :)

Thanks for your prays!!!
Congrats to all the new moms and dads of an Opus.

The starting of a new week, full of hope!!! Can't wait to have that giantor in my arms!!!!
0511-0701-3117-4540_Businessman_Carrying_a_Heavy_Work_Load_clipart_image.jpg

Sorry i havent been on for a very longtime,i just rung times where i got my opus from and complained the fact there was no card and my details have been passed onto opus and the nice lady said there has been many complaints,i said it isnt ur companys fault though its opus and to say i am mad isnt even the word as thay sold the book on the fact there was a new technology card,if thay didnt have that card thay should of sold it as a michael jackson book,grrrrrr so now its all about waiting xxx

Did anyone receive their reality card? Are we even getting it?

For myself i went though times offer and i rung them today and thay have said opus has basically forgotten to putthe card in with the book but personally i feel like it was maybe a gimick to sell the book and im so angery if this, is the case,maybe u should email opus and see what thay say,all i know is my details are now being passed onto opus cause as far as times offer had known the card was in the book :( xoxo

This what I received in email regards to glove and reality card.

Dear customer,

blablablabla...
. With that in mind, it has been decided that this should be offered through a secure and protected online forum. In the New Year, you will be provided with your own unique pass code to a secure area of the Opus web site. The Opus Reality trigger card will be available to download from the site and used to access footage that will be presented in a way that will hopefully provide you with a unique ‘Michael Jackson Experience’. The benefit of using this system is that it significantly reduces the possibility of non-Opus customers being able to access this experience.

Sincerely,

Opus Media Group.

So in short we never really get the card as they promised coz we need to download it and print it?! I also got a mail from Opus also mailed this a few weeks back

We are very aware that this is an upsetting situation for our customers and would like to offer something unique to you as a means of going some way to make up for the delay to your copy being delivered before Christmas. You will receive a limited edition art print created by Nate Giorgio (one of Michael’s favourite artists and a significant contributor to the Opus). This unique print has already been commissioned and will not be available for sale to the general public. The limited edition art print of Michael Jackson by Nate is a true one off and collectors piece.

I wonder when we get that.
Unfortunately my Opus isnt damaged free either.. The red dust cover has a white spots and strokes on it. Then the other thing which caught my attention was that a chapter/some pages in the middle are shorter then the rest. Now I did study for Graphic Designer/Desktop Publisher aswell so I know those things can happen but in my eyes this book is to expensive for that to happen because it was so easy to prevent it if they took some extra care during the production process.

I read some people have a whole list of damages so I will take a close look at mine soon (I only opened once to peek a bit and to make pics, had no time yet to really look into it) and after I'm done I decide I leave it that way or contact them. I dunno if it's worth the energy/trouble you know.. coz who gaurantees me a new copy doesn't have damages?!

My opus is back in it's box after my bed.. No other place to store it yet..
Ohh and my was annoyed coz I was to overprotective with the Opus in her eyes but hey it's so expensive.

My Opus is a little damaged but I wasn't really sure if I should complain about it or just leave it.

Mine has little printing marks (I guess where the ink go) on a few pages and one is scratched. I haven't even looked at all the pages properly. I mean it seems minor and the book is so heavy! But then I'd rather have a perfect book and was expecting something flawless!

Though I ordered mine through the times offer so I don't think I can contact Opus for this! For what it is worth, I've sent an email to the Times and see what they say

Mine has a few small imperfections too. Mainly defects on the cover. One corner is scuffed, and there are some marks and a scratch on the back cover. Not sure if I should try and get it replaced for a new one after all the hassle getting it. There was a bit of confusion from Fedex and I had made several attempts to collect it from them.

Would love an immaculate copy but I'm already anticipating more complications if I was to have it exchanged.

Hope you succeed in getting yours replaced and hope everyone gets theirs soon!

Im really nervous about recieving a damaged Opus now :s

Any news from NZ/Aus? Anyone contacted or been contacted? Anyone got theirs yet?

Where did you all put your OPUS?

Hi,

I can't find a spot for putting my OPUS. Can you please take a screenshot and show us how you have putted the opus on a special place. I hope this is the right section!!

cheers,

After reading your messages I realize I am one of a few who got Opus without damages... I am so sorry to see this. After all the waiting...:mello:
Congrats for the fans who got it! :clapping:
I am sorry fot the ones who are still waiting!:better: I hope you will get it soon!

For myself i went though times offer and i rung them today and thay have said opus has basically forgotten to putthe card in with the book but personally i feel like it was maybe a gimick to sell the book and im so angery if this, is the case,maybe u should email opus and see what thay say,all i know is my details are now being passed onto opus cause as far as times offer had known the card was in the book :( xoxo

I also got mine through the Times offer.I have rung Opus direct about the reality card and was told that the card was never going to be included when the book went out!
I have been told that Opus will be in touch with me at the end of the month in regard to the reality cards being dispatched then.
I also mentioned that there was only one glove and was told a new set of gloves would be sent to me and that I would get them by Wednesday that being last wednesday and suprise suprise still no gloves!!!
I have a direct number for one of the higher up guys at Opus but suprise suprise he never answers his phone!
Can't believe what a crap service we are all getting :(

Back