'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

Okie doke, just called Opus and they said that the books (some? all?) are now in transit and the e-mail with the tracking number should be going out very soon, but depending on where you live you may get the book before the e-mail, LoL.

As far as my problem (thanks so much, everyone, for the concern and tips and info and good wishes! :D) he said that I'll have to wait to get my tracking number and then contact Fed-Ex and hopefully they can amend the order. One - I can hardly wait another day for my book, much less two months!! and two - I'm afraid it'll be delivered and since there's no one at the apt, it'll be sent back and hurt or lost or something! I just hope I can get them to simply change the address and I'll have it within the next week =)

*Fingers crossed*

Edit: Just talked to Fed-Ex, they said to call them when I get the tracking number and they can change the address and it should only take about an hour or so longer!

Last edited:
LOL! Very true! But Michael has been...and always will be worth the wait.

btw.. LOVE the "waiting" smiley. :lol: And the donkey thing was pretty funny, too. Forgot to quote it when I posted before. :giggle:

ETA: Hmmm.... Am I the only one who doesn't care about the gloves? Wasn't going to use them anyway. :fear:

hahahhaa!! Thanks... well... you know, this is taking so long, we have to find a way to amusse ourselves, otherwise....

And the gloves... well, I really don't care as longs I have have the book. BUT if they offered TWO gloves, they must give us 2. Then is up to use if we use one, both or none. But we paid for the whole thing. And even if I can forget one glove, I am NOT willing to forget the card. That was THE deal of deals, the most "awesome" feature of this, so what is this about the card not sent now but later? That doesn't make happy.

... and still no tracking number!!
ththbored.gif

I just got mine!!
It's amazing!!! I didn't get my confirmation by the way, it just showed up!

I just got mine!!
It's amazing!!! I didn't get my confirmation by the way, it just showed up!

how is it??? How is it???
wowowowwww!!!
Please, please!! Share some details... or pics... whatever!! Please!!!

Well,
I'm from Mexico, but I live in San Diego, California.
I haven't had a chance to look at it in detail since I'm at work, but it's awesome!
The quality is impressive! Really worth the price IMO.
Lots, and lots of amazing pictures from all eras...
I can't take pictures until I'm at home... sorry!

But to everyone getting one, this IS THE ULTIMATE Mj book... everything else is just glorified magazines... :D
No cards yet and one glove only...

CA! So, they've already been through customs! Ahh, I'm very worried. I want to get the tracking number before mine gets to NY while I'm in GA! =( Nononono. Congrats, tho! =P

Well, no tracking code, no second glove, no reality card, and no release from customs. Pat on the back for Kraken Opus.

There is gonna be some seriously insane calling to Kraken from me if I don't get an update at least tomorrow. I finish my college exams and when I get home, I'm going to show Kraken why people sometimes think MJ fans are :crazy:...

:)

I live in south eastern part of Pennsylvania. So I should soon be getting my book then. Even though I didn't get no tracking email yet. I had ordered it back in late September. But that is really awesome for those that already got it.

Anyone from Canada received theirs yet?

If I don't get mine in the next 5 days, nobody will be home re receive it until early January. As we are all going away for the holidays.

I wanted to get it so bad before the holidays.

I get the whole 'one glove' thing and I'm happy with it but I wish they'd gone that extra step & had them encrusted with rhinestones!

I live in middleeast(iran-uae) i've got this email from ticketmaster 2 hours ago:

Thank you for contacting us regarding order number ********. Your book should be mailed in the next few days by FedEx, regretfully, a tracking number is not available at this time. An email will be sent to you with a tracking number when the book has been shipped.

A Journey with OPUS Michael Jackson touched each one of our lives differently. The Michael Jackson Opus shares the love for Michael from those who stood at his side as friends, co-workers and fans. The Opus, a scrapbook of fantastic photos and heartfelt words, is amazingly overwhelming.

As a fan of Michael Jackson my emotions played a lot with how I viewed the Opus. Michael represents so much in my own life. He is and always will be without a doubt my angel in the darkness. Like many other fans Michael's voice has supported me through so much. The Opus supports Michael's legacy. In doing so they have provided Michael's fans one last impression of the man sealed in our hearts.

But lets start before I saw it - before I talked with Jeff and Jordan - before all of that I knew this would be something special - something different for the preservation of Michael's legacy.

This book had real potential and I wanted to know more about it. I had no idea I would fall in love with the concept and push hard so that all the fans on every major site knew about the project.

As I talked with Jeff, Jordan and their staff over the last few months anticipation really hit hard. I wanted to hold it in my own hands to see every little detail captured from Michael's youth to the contest & the fans contributions.

willowart.jpg

Jeff and Jordan were extremely busy but always took the time to answer questions and help understand what was what, who was who and how it all came together.

I was fortunate enough to witness a glimpse of the indecision and how we gonna do this or that. And then I was able to watch as the ideas became reality. I had high expectations and hopes for the Opus.

I would not be disappointed. On Monday I received a call for my address and was told it was on it's was. Saturday, I was a ball of anticipation and just as hyper as my kids who were waiting to go see Santa.

When I finally sat before the Opus I was truly amazed. The shear size was intimidating. I didn't want to hurt it or leave a single fingerprint on it.

As I opened it I felt a distinct feeling of walking through the past. Michael was captured in full vibrant photos as large as posters. The individual submissions from those who knew him best touched on the things that made Michael unique - brought smiles to my face thinking yeah that sounds like what he'd do. It brought Michael's personable nature and little eccentricities into the light. From nick names to sleeping in studios. It is a whole process of who Michael was and how he completed his own projects.

opus3.jpg

But it doesn't end there. The Opus continues to show you a side of Michael's creative balance - not just music (the man we all know and love) but in art. We all know Michael was a talented individual but the extent of his own art is very special. But I was so much more impressed with the art he commissioned. We've all seen a few portraits of Michael with angels, children or armor but this is what went on behind the final images. Michael's own thought patterns. What he wanted and the artists that made it happen. I was taken aback by the portrait of Michael as a tearful Peter Pan. How very appropriate.

opus2.jpg

The fan contributions are beautiful. Michael's life contained so much both personal and professional. Regardless of where the boundary was Michael has left a positive impression on our world. The fans complete that part of the Opus that complements the global icon Michael was.

opus1.jpg

The Opus closes with Michael's final dance. He leaves us memories so beautifully captured in this book.

The amount of work present in the Opus is obvious. Michael gave the world so much and to sum it up in a book even as big as the Opus is was a huge undertaking. One that was very well done. The quality of the Opus is wonderful. The pages beautiful. The clam shell protects an amazing piece of work. The total package is a credit to Michael's Legacy. I'm honored to have shared in the tiniest part of spreading the word that the Opus is a must have for all of Michael's fans and anyone interested in Michael Jackson.

Thank you to everyone involved in making this masterpiece.

Got some news on the reality cards. The virtual reality cards were not put in with the Opus Book and they are now trying to determine what to do about that error. So please realize the actual cards are not inside the Opus at this time and they are working on resolving that issue.

I just got my Opus, about 10 minutes ago. It is packaged wonderfully, so you don't have to worry about it being scuffed or anything. It does only come with one glove which is irritating. I have to use both hands to turn a page because its so big. I've only looked through about 1/3 of it so far but so far, so good. :D

Anyone from Canada received theirs yet?

If I don't get mine in the next 5 days, nobody will be home re receive it until early January. As we are all going away for the holidays.

I wanted to get it so bad before the holidays.

That is my problem, I will be leaving town on Friday so I have one day to receive it and I don't want mine left while I am away. FedEx is good for leaving things without signatures and I live in a Condo where others have access to the mailboxes.

Memefan i'm from canada on Ont i don't have the book at all in my book stores at all :no: :cry: i really want one so badly :yes: :(

Hay guys
This is for ppl that done the times offer,so from wat i have read the opus doesnt come with the special card,so how should we go about getting the card as we ordered the book from the times offer?? the card does look out of this world,also with there only being one glove thats bad as we were promised 2 :(,so wat should the ppl do that got this offer though the time? oh also i have emailed a few companys about getting a clamshell case for this book to protect it but as of yet i have had no replys xoxox

So just to clarify here, all of us in Ireland and the UK and what seems like most of the EU; we all got the e-mail about it being before Christmas via FedEx and to wait for a tracking code, yeah? Has ANYONE here gotten further than that, other than the news about customs? Any emails from Kraken, FedEx or your orderer?

So just to clarify here, all of us in Ireland and the UK and what seems like most of the EU; we all got the e-mail about it being before Christmas via FedEx and to wait for a tracking code, yeah? Has ANYONE here gotten further than that, other than the news about customs? Any emails from Kraken, FedEx or your orderer?

I'm in the UK and i've not heard anything since we got the 'You're Tracking code will be sent shortly' e-mail on Saturday :(

I'm not worried though, i'm just impatient :agree:

well ive phoned kraken several times and they have said they are trying their hardest to find out what FedEx are doing with these tracking codes. they will have someone ring me tommorrow as soon as they have information, but have not heard anything else since them being in customs :(

I'm in the UK and i've not heard anything since we got the 'You're Tracking code will be sent shortly' e-mail on Saturday :(

I'm not worried though, i'm just impatient :agree:

I'm in Ireland and I'm in the exact same boat. (The one without Opuses....)

It seems as if only people in California have received theirs. I'm in the us but in the midwest.

Back