'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

i read somewhere that it was just one glove. i think it was from shanon

Last edited:
From their site again:

16. Is the pair of white gloves just for show?

No, each copy of the Official Michael Jackson Opus will include a pair of white gloves which should be worn whilst viewing your copy to help maintain its mint condition.

For those that have recieved it in the USA, where was it shipped from?

Oh, I just dont get it!!! Why is this happening? first the one glove now the card isn`t included, what should we do??? We must write them some complaint emails, they should send us those things, we paid for it!
I still did not get my book nor the tracking email :(
Please answer: do I have to pay for the taxes in my country? Did somebody pay additionally?
I can`t wait anymore, too much stress:doh::doh:

I just checked Amazon because I still haven't gotten my Opus even though it said I will get it around December 10th when I ordered it. Now it says "unavailable" and "out of print" when I go to Amazon and where my order is it says "will be shipped when it becomes available"...But if it is already out of print, and they didn't send me one....does that mean I won't even get one anymore? I'm getting really worried now! :( Anyone else here who has had the same thing happen?

I just checked Amazon because I still haven't gotten my Opus even though it said I will get it around December 10th when I ordered it. Now it says "unavailable" and "out of print" when I go to Amazon and where my order is it says "will be shipped when it becomes available"...But if it is already out of print, and they didn't send me one....does that mean I won't even get one anymore? I'm getting really worried now! :( Anyone else here who has had the same thing happen?

You should really call them; tell them about this...

Please answer: do I have to pay for the taxes in my country? Did somebody pay additionally?
I can`t wait anymore, too much stress:doh::doh:

It all depends by the rules in your country, in my country, imported books and magazines aren't taxed, you have to check this information about your country ;)

I received my Opus today,
I was surprised that I only got one glove and there was no Opus Reality card?...
Did anyone receive the Opus Reality Card??...

Sooo..anything new from those who have received it? Share the love :). What are some interesting pictures in the book and are there personal sketches or writings from michael himself..

I ordered from Amazon too. I hope this isn't true. :( I knew I had a bad feeling about this.

I got one glove, no card. We're supposed to get a card??

It's really, really big and heavy!! I wish it wasn't so big! But it's magnificent! I just looked thru it --- Oh My God!! --- ohhh --- look at that!!! ---- Oh Michael!!! LOL LOL --- whoah!!! ---- Oh look at that!!! ---- etc! Really nice!! I've got to sit down and take time to go thru it more slowly. Lots of beautiful pics!! Sad, made me cry.

It all depends by the rules in your country, in my country, imported books and magazines aren't taxed, you have to check this information about your country ;)
It says that if the two countries belong to the UE then I shouldn`t pay any taxes, I couldn`t find any topics regarding books and magazines, only that if my package is havier than 45 kg it means I will have to pay a lot, I mean more than 19% of the values of the package.
Am I one the right track?
Im from Romania, please if anybody else from Romania has ordered the book, or knows something, please answer me :( :(

You're kidding, only one glove and no card?!!! That is so wrong if that's how all of them are being sent. I wonder if they've done a poor job bc they were in a hurry to send out the books by Christmas.
Does everyone have only ONE glove or did I see someone say they have 2?

Still, if I'm getting my Opus like that I'm definitely calling and complaining. I can barely afford it but I got it anyway, it better be worth the money.

I still don't have a tracking number but it seems like ppl from major cities get it first - NY and now LA. Can't wait for mine!

Just checked email and it said my order was shipped. Whew that's a relief, makes me feel a bit better. So I might get it before Christmas, in which case my mom's going to wrap it as a gift, and I'll have to wait until then before I can look at it. Gah...I don't know what I'm going to do! I must see it!

I'm going to be mad if there's no glove or Opus reality included. :(

UK Michael Jackson Opus Development

Get this. I was uber excited yesterday about getting an email about my Opus. Ticketmaster have just sent me an email apologising as they made an error and in fact mine hasn't been shipped yet. For the UK peeps a friend of mine emailed Opus and the reason people in the UK have not got their books are The books are stuck at customs. Customs for some reason are refusing to release the books into the country. We need to wait until UK Customs releases the book which hopefully should be Wednesday or Thursday.

Get this. I was uber excited yesterday about getting an email about my Opus. Ticketmaster have just sent me an email apologising as they made an error and in fact mine hasn't been shipped yet. For the UK peeps a friend of mine emailed Opus and the reason people in the UK have not got their books are The books are stuck at customs. Customs for some reason are refusing to release the books into the country. We need to wait until UK Customs releases the book which hopefully should be Wednesday or Thursday.

I presume it will be same for Irish fans too. All this is like the TII tickets all over again. Crazy.

I got an email on the 15th with my purchase number from ticketmaster.com and it said they will email me again when they ship it! So I'm still waiting and it better have gloves and that moving MJ picture card in it!!

Did somebody from Europe actually get the book or is it shipped only in the U.S?

Did somebody from Europe actually get the book or is it shipped only in the U.S?

In Italy not yet... i received a mail explaining that the delivery will be effectued by 18 dec....
hoping.... i will allert you....

It says that if the two countries belong to the UE then I shouldn`t pay any taxes, I couldn`t find any topics regarding books and magazines, only that if my package is havier than 45 kg it means I will have to pay a lot, I mean more than 19% of the values of the package.
Am I one the right track?
Im from Romania, please if anybody else from Romania has ordered the book, or knows something, please answer me :( :(

Dont worry about tax or import tax.
The publisher is KrankenOpus registered in the United Kingdom and you are purchasing an item for personal consumption. You are also an invididual not a company or a resale business. Because of these 3 factors you dont have liability to tax.
The 45kgs would apply if you were an importer and would be importing goods for resale within the EU, this is not the case.
hope this helps

Please on their site it says pair of gloves (not one glove) + Opus reality included (the card). See picture for the gloves.

preorder_image.jpg

OK lets make this clear. Customs is not blocking the import of your individual Opus, the customs clearance is for the stock, for the shipment.
The books were manufactured in China they are now being imported to the UK for resale by the publisher. The whole shipment has to pass customs clearance before it can enter the UK to a distribution centre. Once customs is cleared - couple of days only- then your distribution will begin. No threat for any invidiual Opus books there, just a bit of a waiting game..:agree:

Back