'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

Ive recieved both of mine 23rd n 24th of dec, its a joke how long the rest of you are having to wait

Mine arrived on the 18th of December but I wasn't in the UK to get it so they left a parcel card underneath my door. I came back from Cyprus on Wednesday and called them yesterday to say I'm back and they brought it to me today. I pre-ordered it from Times by the way, not ticketmaster.

Well... all this is far beyond my humble understanding.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the cost for shipping a 12 kilos book to South America using FedEx will NEVER be USD$28. Never. In my case I was even asked for more (USD$50), just because I bought this directly to them, but still, strange considering the huge book this is.

If I were to buy the Opus at michaeljackson.com, the shipping cost is almost USD$132, plus almost USD$91 in taxes. For a book of USD$229. This is crazy, but I was aware of taxes (not the exact amount).

So what is the problem with Kraken? Didn't they know Chile is on the ooooother side of the world, some 18+ hours flight from London and some 27+ hours flight from China? Or they were just willing to take the money as soon as possible, afraid of the MJ hype to decrease and they might loose some clients? :ermm:

They've been in this bussines for a long time, so shipping costs and other fees is nothing extraordinary, they just had to ask cotizations with fedex and that's it!!!

But ell, as long as we receive it, we're not gulty for their mistakes, we paid what they asked for!!! So... still waiting

Yea that's me. It sure is heavy (12kg or something) but the face is a bit of exaggeration hahahaha

thanks for sharing the pics, congrats! another proud Opus daddy!
Share with us later your favorite section or part of the book!!

Aussies Alert -
Sydney-sider here, and I got my Opus just then - 8 am. :D

bahhh!!! An Australian! wooohoo!! they are on there way :D
Congratulations!

Last edited:
Hmmmm Kerryn received hers this morning via normal post & she's only the next suburb away from but still no sign of mine :-( MELBOURNE,AUSTRALIA

Last edited:
Aussies Alert -

Another happy Opus family!!!!! Congrats!!!! share your impressions with us and please keep praying for the ones still waiting!!!
congrats.jpg

Hi all,

I'm from Australia (Sydney) & I just got my OPUS..... Yay, so hang in there!!!

yes.
Another day gone and NO single news/info from them.
I tell you: I am JUST ABOUT to call this guys to have my order cancelled. I am just about to do it, this has gone too far :angry:

Goodness to gracious, you still haven't received yours yet? thats horrible.

I hope your's won't have the defects mine has. :agree:

Aussies Alert -

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I swear I heard a knock on the door at around 8 or so ish but I was too damned tired and still half asleep to haul my ass out of bed. Kept thinking...is that really a knock or am I dreaming? Maybe it's my op..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hmmm well I had Aus post knock on my door about 7.30ish but that was ebay packages then had another guy knock on my door to deliver another ebay package ahhhhh.
Northern suburbs melbourne,Aus

Hi all,

Another happy family!!!
congrats.jpg

PCR please hang in there!! lets not give up hope, we support each other dear. Hugs!!!

I'm from Canberra, finally got my Opus today (picked it up from the post office). Thankfully I can see no real damage or marks to the book

i got a note from the post office today. have to pick up a parcel there tomorrow. I HOPE its my opus!!!!

I'm from Canberra, finally got my Opus today (picked it up from the post office). Thankfully I can see no real damage or marks to the book

That's great!!!! congrats!!! Beaware of the tears dropping on your book!!!!

i got a note from the post office today. have to pick up a parcel there tomorrow. I HOPE its my opus!!!!
Fingers crossed it's indeed your book!!

Each day more happy families!!! I want so bad be one proud Opus mommy!!! Can't wait!!!

congrats_4.gif

Aussies Alert -

Hi all,

Oh, these are really GREAT NEWS!!!!

I am really, really and honestly very happy for you, Aussie friends. It's clear Opus Fairy finallly decided to do her work at your corner of the world. GREAT!!!! I am sure you will enjoy every page and will treasure the book (despite the wait, the one-glove, the no-card, etc.).

It's good to read more happy endings. No doubt, we MJ fans are the Kings of patience ;)

So tell us... how does it feel to have an Opus??? :eek:

thanks pcr :) it was meant to be there i love it

it really like having a piece of Michael :)

happy happy happy !

wowoww.... that sounds soooooooooooooooo goooooooddd!!!!
Just to think about it.... while listening to "Give in to me", kind of make it worth waiting ;)

Um cause i got my opus though times offer i contacted them but if you got it straight from opus,u can contact them to find out about the card,im really hoping it wasnt a gimmick to sell the book :( xoxo

According to 1 of their emails it is. They said they had decided to not send the reality card. But to send as a login to a special part of the site where we can then PRINT the reality card.
I still can't believe they are doing this...... I think we should al protest against it, because they are not keeping their promise.

According to 1 of their emails it is. They said they had decided to not send the reality card. But to send as a login to a special part of the site where we can then PRINT the reality card.
I still can't believe they are doing this...... I think we should al protest against it, because they are not keeping their promise.

Personaly hun i feel so con by it all,as thay sold the opus with the reality card,that we was ment to get with it and now we r ment to print it aloud of bulls,sorry just so so mad with it all,something has to be done for sure grrrrr :bugeyed xoxo

Well, so far Kraken has done a "great job":

- No reality card
- No translations (offered in several languages)
- 1 glove missing
- Damaged books
- No "special drawing" from Nate
- No delivery in time. In my case, 1 month and 11 days late and still no news from them.

And they simply don't answer. That's all they do, ignore our messages, BUT to use fans to spread news in forums. Shame on them!!

Last edited:
Personaly hun i feel so con by it all,as thay sold the opus with the reality card,that we was ment to get with it and now we r ment to print it aloud of bulls,sorry just so so mad with it all,something has to be done for sure grrrrr :bugeyed xoxo

They do what some people did to Michael. Make promisses and don't keep them. In the video the guy shows a nice carton reality card. And now we're supposed to print it on a thin piece of paper????

They do what some people did to Michael. Make promisses and don't keep them. In the video the guy shows a nice carton reality card. And now we're supposed to print it on a thin piece of paper????

Yep hun its like thay gave all us fans bate and we all jumped at the chance and no we have to print it off,no way thay need to give the card thay showed,i just think ppl are taking the mick and from someone who lost £600 to a con man for michaels concert tickets,i am personal getting peed off keep being con,thay dont care about our feelings just the bloody money,i havent even open mine yet as i just cant hurts to much :cry:,but i have heard that some r damage and that,just isnt on,funny as well as now the makers of opus have gone really quite grrrrr argggg,thay make me sick :puke: xoxo

Yep hun its like thay gave all us fans bate and we all jumped at the chance and no we have to print it off,no way thay need to give the card thay showed,i just think ppl are taking the mick and from someone who lost £600 to a con man for michaels concert tickets,i am personal getting peed off keep being con,thay dont care about our feelings just the bloody money,i havent even open mine yet as i just cant hurts to much :cry:,but i have heard that some r damage and that,just isnt on,funny as well as now the makers of opus have gone really quite grrrrr argggg,thay make me sick :puke: xoxo

I know what you mean. I had it for a week when I made myself open it to check for damages. Then I got stuck looking at it for 2 hours. SOme photos made me happy, some sad. What mostly made me sad were the words written by many people. I stopped reading and haven't looked at the opus since.

I know what you mean. I had it for a week when I made myself open it to check for damages. Then I got stuck looking at it for 2 hours. SOme photos made me happy, some sad. What mostly made me sad were the words written by many people. I stopped reading and haven't looked at the opus since.

Big hugs sassie,had mine sitting on a shelf unopen way before xmas,just cant do it but need to just in case its damage,big huggles again xoxo

Big hugs sassie,had mine sitting on a shelf unopen way before xmas,just cant do it but need to just in case its damage,big huggles again xoxo

Thank you and a bear hug for you too!!!

I hope you can find the strenght to open it. Because despite all the troubles with Opus the photos are absolutely beautifull. How could they not be with Michael on them!

Back